aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

Thanks for all the great medical info guys :thumbs:

jodee.......Im actually waiting to get a bill too from their error lol Was funny really as the doctor at my medical center had told me it wasnt covered by medicare but when I went straight down to the pathology center I asked her how much it was going to be for these blood tests. She looks at it and goes.....oh nothing, this is covered under medicare. I just smiled and said 'oh ok, cool' :D It wasnt a receptionsist either but the lady that took the blood.......she oughta know, right ;) hahahaha I will deal with it the same as you Jodie.....thats their tuff titties :P But damm about the HIV test not being able to be done with own doctor....as I had that done too. There was nothing in the instructions telling me not to :unsure: Oh well lol another jab coming I guess

The $225 for the medical.....does that include the x-ray......for a change I seriously couldnt be bothered searching.

Susan....great to have you with us again and congrats on your marriage and the successful AOS :thumbs::dance:

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1anyonehomemouse8el.gif

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Okay, sitting down and taking a breather....

Lorelle, with my medicals it cost $242 for the exam, around $90 for the xrays and $90 for the blood tests, plus I had a couple of jabs I needed to get, all up it was close to the $700 mark for my daughter and I, sheesh, plus my daughter just had to have a 2nd jab last week, which she wasn't impressed about.

There was no "icky" stuff done at the exam, just like what has been said, but there was a breast exam done on me, not on my daughter, thank god, as she is only 13.

And with that said, I wish to now say:

ONLY 1 WEEK UNTIL I LEAVE AUSTRALIA TO BE WITH MY BABY!!!

that feels better...... :yes:

2-28-2009 Sent in I-751

3-14-2009 Received I-751 back because they can't read

3-16-2009 Re-Sent I-751

3-17-2009 Received by Vermont

Waiting and watching the calendar flip ever so over closer to 4-2-2009 (When my 2 yr GC expires) . . .

4-2-2009 Received I-751 back AGAIN! Oh and my GC expired today.

4-3-2009 Re-Sent I-751

4-4-2009 Received by Vermont

4-6-2009 Date of NOA-1 Extension Letter (Rec'd 4/13/09)

4-10-2009 Check Cashed

4-24-2009 Date of Biometrics letter (Rec'd 4/30/09)

5-11-2009 Biometrics Appointment in Louisville.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Yeah Lorelle, no icky stuff at all. The medical was a breeze. No duck walking either (was that a joke?). I was getting really nervous. The hardest part for me was finding my way to the parking station. The city has changed so much since I used to live there, new tunnels everywhere. Then when I got to the doctors and realised I had lost my purse, no money, no credit card. They were very good about it and was a bit late by the time I got back. Found it under my car, back at the parking station. I guess they figured if I could run there and back in twenty minutes, I must be healhy enough. Was only there an hour, including x-rays and blood tests. Just had to pay $225 all up.

Boy KaffyKat what a wallop for your two medicals. So worth it though, soon in your baby's arms. (L):D

Stella.

Oh I just thought I'd add, no breast exam on me. Maybe he was a bit nervous, I do have rather large ones. :jest:

Stella & Shadow

28-4-2005 Met On-line. Love at first sight (know that can happen now).

8-8-2005 Met in person in the US. Visa Waiver.

22-10-2005 Engaged.

2-11-2005 Flew back to Sydney. Many tears!

5-11-2005 Began visa journey.

2-12-2005 Shadow (Andrew) posts petition.

7-12-2005 NOA1 dated the 5-12-2005.

..................Seems like never ending waiting.

12-4-2006 NOA2 Yee Haa!!!!!!

11-5-2006 Packet 3 Arrives

12-5-2006 Posted Reply and did Police Check

15-5-2006 Medical in Sydney

19-5-2006 Packet 4 Arrives

30-5-2006 Sceduled Interview

..................Interview went well, just waiting on Criminal History checks to post back with that envelopee and passport to get visa.

5-6-2006 Received Criminal History Check in the mail and posted off back to consulate with passport etc hoping for it's return with visa in two weeks.

14-6-2006 Passport and visa recieved in mail. Visa issued the 13th.

24-6-2006 USA here I come

26-7-2006 Received Social Security Card in less than 5 working days after applying.

9-9-2006 Married

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I'm here...everytime I checked here there were no new posts so I hadn't written anything!! I had an ok weekend...not super...but here we are: Monday.

This is the last proper week of school so starting next week life's going to get GOOOOOOD.

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Timeline

Oh Kaffy too, your Brucey Boy reminds me of our Butch. Though he looks a little more intelligent and stately even in that position. I am now starting to feel so sad leaving these 4 legged guys behind. Hope I haven't mad you feel too sad too about that. :crying:

Stella & Shadow

22-10-2005 Engaged.

..................Interview went well, just waiting on Criminal History checks to post back with that envelopee and passport to get visa.

5-6-2006 Received Criminal History Check in the mail and posted off back to consulate with passport etc hoping for it's return with visa in two weeks.

26-7-2006 Received Social Security Card in less than 5 working days after applying.

9-9-2006 Married

hi there Meefsgirl

welcome to the aussie thread...

just thought i would pop in an let ya know had my op yesterday an im still alive lol

im home an a bit sore typin one handed but im doin fine.. good to hear all the news...good luck on your trip back to your loved one kaffykat u take care ...

take care all

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

alive is good Kath :P:thumbs: Glad to hear you're doing ok.

Meefsgirl....Welcome aboard.......this thread is great for info and support related to OZ

Thanks for the extra info on the medicals everyone........I think I passed.......well I touched my toes ok without my back creaking too much :dance:

Medical was easy as :D my blood pressure had even gone down by the time he checked it. And what a sweety the doc is. All up took about an hour. I arrived an hour early :blush: eager beaver I was......so I was sent down to Fl 1 for xray...then Fl 2 for blood.....back to Fl 1 to pick up xray...then back to Fl 3 to the docs. Oh I had done a urine specimen prior the rides up and down in the elevator....lucky, or I would of had an accident lol bladder aint as strong as it used to be. Anyway, he asked me all the questions on the form, then we had a bit of a yak......I got changed into a gown (able to leave bra and knickers on.....yep I wore knickers today :P ) he told me to face with back to him and bend and touch my toes :unsure: couldnt I have done that in my clothes lol that gown was a little short. Had to then bend this way and that.....lucky for me there was no duck walking either. Took my height and weight...I told him if its ok I didnt want to look str9pd.gif Took my blood pressure which was great considering last week it was high. I had already told doc that it had been high so when it was normal told him it must be his bedside manner :P

The cost was suppose to be $225 but because I had results of blood tests including one for HIV that had done last week....I saved myself a little money so all up it cost $203 The ones I did have done prior didnt cost me anything. I'm waiting for the bill when they realise they shouldnt of said wasnt covered under medicare .....and then I will go :hehe: tuff titties.

Checked the results within my xray envelope and 'all clear'. They will mail it all out to me in a couple of days. Oh.......lol...important If doing CR-1 and the embassy posts packet 4 to your spouse in the US and it dont arrive back to Oz in time for the medical....cant use copies hahahaha I tried. They had spares so all was cool :D The receptionist was lovely too.

Cheers

Lorelle

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

Timeline

Yeah the doctor is a real sweetie hey. Funny cause I said to him not to tell me what I weighed too. Ignorance is bliss. Glad all went well for you too. They did just ring though as they had forgotten to do my chicken pox, which I had as a child, so they still have my blood thank god so yet to get a bill for $20.

Glad you found your way Meefsie.

Had been wondering how the op was going Kath. Yeah ditto, glad to see your still with us and it went well.

I am in the process of selling my computer so am currently at the library. Won't be making quite so much noise around here for a while now.

So cheers all.

Stella.

Stella & Shadow

22-10-2005 Engaged.

9-9-2006 Married

Timeline

congratulations everyone with your medicals, operations and moves.

matt

Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone's got one and they all stink!

hiya all

stella y dont u take all the insides out of the computer an rebuild it over in the states..thats wat i am doing all ya gotta do is buy one of their cases with a power supply in it...robbie has main comp an 2 laptops there was no question about me bringing mine lol

thanks 4 all the heads up about my op... not allowed 2 do a damm thing but i will survive..gotta invest in a nightie hate pj bottoms lol (will say no more u git the gist lol) an hate typing with 1 hand....

robbie is buying the airline tickets this week whooooooo all the wedding is organised not keen on having a wishing well at the reception but i gotta go with the flow on that 1 lol

ok this is killing me typin like this talk 2 u all later

tc all

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Timeline

Hi Matt, thanks. It's all starting to move very quick now, Kinda wish I hadn't sent off that checlist form so quick now. Thought it would take a month or so to get an interview, not just 10 days. Hope the police checks etc come in time.

Never even thought about taking the computer, good idea but I am getting an alright price for it and well we do need every cent I can get.

Bon Voyage Kaffy too.

CIao for now and phew! Sydney does move quick,

Stella.

Stella & Shadow

22-10-2005 Engaged.

9-9-2006 Married

Timeline

YAY for fast moving Stella (I'm sure you'll get it all back in time!)

YAY for wedding planning Kath!! I know you're excited!

Not much to report here. Life is just peachy! I still can't believe I get to wake up next to Stewart every morning. He still likes his job and I got a major promotion of sorts which is awesome. It's not a $$ increase but a MAJOR status increase which in the education field is all you can expect really!

We have to plan our trip back to Oz over xmas soon - those tickets get majorly expensive if you wait to o long!!

Hope all is well with my aussie (aussie american) friends!

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Timeline

Ah ta Karo. Love hearing about your warm and snuggly stuff. Not long now for a few of us around here.

I was wondering, I never did get Part 2 of the DS-230 form. I am guessing they will give this to me on the day of the interview to fill in. Can anyone tell me if this is so or should I email an enquiry??

And also I was arrested for a DUI in 1980. I know I have to state this on the DS-156 form but know it never shows on the several criminal checks I have had done for jobs in the past ie. DOCS. The police lady I spoke to said it may not show on this one either, so should I try the impossible to obtain court records of this (apparently from what I remember in the past they only keep records for 5 or 7 years for this sort of thing) or do you think me just stating it on the form without it showing on my criminal record should be enough. Damn I wish I had waited a little till I sent back that checklist form. I'm sure you are all right when you say it will all come in time and I am a natural born worrier.

Hope you are all having a great Ozyanky weekend. :P

Stella & Shadow

22-10-2005 Engaged.

9-9-2006 Married

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.