aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks Kath, you are so funny! :) You got me humming the "come on Aussie" thing :D

Thank you Sharyna and congratulations to you too! I'm so happy for you, your new interview date is so soon! Goodluck!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

/(soup) Interview Nazi "YOU COMPLAIN TOO MUCH, front of the que for you!, get outta heerree" :P

Congrats!!! Wow, I don't feel so bad about mine now. I was NOT looking forward to a November/December interview date. Course, now my paperwork maybe delayed getting to the consulate because of APEC, but hopefully, my interview wont :D

*dances for Sharyna* :dance: :dance: :dance:

The Beginning

September 29th, 1999 - 'hooked' up with Dave after chatting with him for about a year online.

October 23rd, 2004 - September 29th, 5 years to the day, he proposed to me =D

July 23rd, 2005 - Dave comes over for the wedding on July 27th at the beach :)

Sometime in December, he sends off I-130 to Texas and promptly leaves me in the dark like a mushroom x.X...

The Saga Continues *dumdeduuummm*

August - phone NVC. intriguing :\ Phoned again, ah hah! the truth... no record of us >< losers... Go and visit Dave for 3 months...

End of January, we sent the petition back in again. 2 weeks later, we actually get a number in our hot little hands.

April 5th - NOA2 approved!

April sometime, received and sent back Choice of Agent

May 18th - Received IV Bill

May 28th - Sent IV Bill MO back

June 11th - DS-230 generated

July 12th - Received and sent back DS-230 packet

July 19th - NVC Sent Husband checklist of AoS. They forgot to fill in N/A fills with.... N/A x.X

July 23rd - DS-230 entered

July 26th - NVC received checklist regarding financial suppliment (ie, got a talking to on the phone :P)

August 1st - sent financial papers back

August 3rd - (Automatic msg) Financial records lacking! ARGH!~

August 7th - Received actual fixed paperwork - 'processing'

August 17th - NVC COMPLETED CASE!~

September 10th - Received packet 3

September 17th - Medical in Brisbane

November 14th - Interview VISA GRANTED

December 8th - Landed in USA

December 24th - GreenCard Arrives

they put me on a waiting list so obviously someone may of cancelled so i got their spot.....

yay!!!!

once this is over i can start thinking about the actual wedding .... we have a date set at least...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi all,

This place moves faster then those stock trading tickers on Wall street!

WOW! CONGRATS ALL AROUND!

Congrats to Mrs. Jezz!

Welcome Loke! I hope you get your sleep time table adjusted soon.

Holy speed up Batman! Sharyna, it's like next week isnt' it? Awesome! The sooner you folks get processed the more room for Pris and my wife to be slotted for interviews LOL!

Kath, two words. TOMATO JUICE. Stock up on that. :lol:

Hope everyone else is doing well.

I-130

02/17/2007 - I-130 Express Mailed to VSC via USPS. (ETA 2/19/2007)

02/22/2007 - I-130 received by VSC.

06/12/2007 - NOA2 approval email received!!!

06/15/2007 - NOA2 letter received in the mail.

NVC

06/19/2007 - NVC receives case and assigns a case number!

08/27/2007 - CASE COMPLETE!!!!

09/06/2007 - Case forwarded to Sydney

09/14/2007 - Wife receives Packet 3. Received NVC letter confirming case forward to Sydney.

10/26/2007 - Interview - VISA GRANTED!!!!! WOOO WOOO!!!!!!

11/18/2007 - Enter the US via LAX (POE). No issues thankfully. 20 minutes of processing.

11/30/2007 - Welcome letter (two of them) received.

12/19/2007 - CR-1 Green Card received.

USCIS - I-751

09/23/2009 - Express Mailed Removal of Conditions application

09/24/2009 - USPS confirmed delivery to VSC

09/29/2009 - Check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2009 - Received NOA I-797C dated 09/25/2009

10/10/2009 - Received Biometric appt letter for 10/29/2009

10/29/2009 - Biometrics taken. Whole process took about 40 min including the wait

12/22/2009 - Approved for ROC!

01/08/2010 - Received text and email: Card production ordered

01/15/2010 - Received Green Card in the mail!

USCIS - N-400

04/22/2011 - Express Mailed Application for Naturalization

04/27/2011 - Check cashed by USCIS

04/28/2011 - Received NOA I-797C dated 04/26/2011

05/27/2011 - Biometrics taken. Process took approx 35 min with wait

07/29/2011 - Received Interview Appt letter scheduled for 09/01/2011 dated 07/26/2011

09/01/2011 - Interview and Oath. Now a USC! The VJ is over!

yup next week.... wow all of a sudden i'm out of time... need to get those american sized passport pics done lol....

and pay for the processing fee - havent done that yet............ since i thought i had time lol

hi vylex

yeah i have been told that tomatoe juice is the remedy for skunk stink lol..can you imagine how much juice it would take to fill a bath lol...small gorgeous looking animal but packs a terrible smell lol

dont it move fast in here tell me about it mate...i came home to about a hundred and summit emails from this place an junk mail lol best way to do it ya can read before ya come in here lol

keeping my fingers crossed for those waiting in here...will have to shrink some pics of the smokies for you guys its gorgeous down there...

take care

kat

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
hi vylex

yeah i have been told that tomatoe juice is the remedy for skunk stink lol..can you imagine how much juice it would take to fill a bath lol...small gorgeous looking animal but packs a terrible smell lol

dont it move fast in here tell me about it mate...i came home to about a hundred and summit emails from this place an junk mail lol best way to do it ya can read before ya come in here lol

keeping my fingers crossed for those waiting in here...will have to shrink some pics of the smokies for you guys its gorgeous down there...

take care

kat

hi all congrats and happy landings to all

the folks in sydney were ok my appt time was 8am

i got thru level 10, onto the first elevator of the morning and was first in line thru second check point on 59,even managed to take number 1

they spent one hour going thru my paperwork, without even asking me a question. They then returned some additional material I had supplied, and all my originals

The entire interview consisted of one question, how long renee and I had been married.

only problem sydney consul does not accept the type of money orders renee had sent me for my waiver applications,but they would accept cash,so no problem really.

now we sit and wait for Bangkok to approve or deny my ban waivers

Timeline

A great big CONGRATULATIONS to Mr. & Mrs. Tony and Jezz (Don't it sound awesome getting to say Mrs.??). And yes, hope you do post some of the wedding pics...would LOVE to see them.

SHARYNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was gone from the board a couple of days and came back to this absolutely great news. I'm so psyched for you!!!!! I know exactly how you are feeling...the same way I felt when I expected an October date and we got it in July too!!!! That is great news. You will do fine!!! Sounds as if you will be prepared. Darryl is calm and all that over his interview....I'm here in America freaking out!

Welcome to The USA Loke!!!!! I notice we don't see as many posts from you and Rings as before...maybe you are busy or something? :whistle: Congratulations!!!!

Aug. 2001 - met online playing trivia

May 2006 - engaged

06-12-06 - Met with lawyer, filed for a K-1 visa

07-17-06 - NOA1

10-31-06 - Touched

01-29-07 - Found out from USCIS that my lawyer had filed at the wrong service center and nothing has been processed.

02-08-07 - Found out that our petition had been closed back in Oct. 2006. No one was ever notified of this from USCIS

02-09-07 - Began gathering paperwork once again to start all over. Started cancelling our wedding plans

02-20-07 - Filed for a K-1 visa once again

02-27-07 - NOA1

04-21-07 - Originally planned wedding date (had to cancel) :(

05-22-07 - Touched

06-01-07 - Granted a Congressional Inquiry!

06-15-07 - NVC received our approved I-129F petition (I never received an NOA2 via email or snail mail). We are just so HAPPY to finally move on!

06-25-07 - Packet 3 received (but it was rec'd by our lawyer, she has forwarded it on to my fiance in Australia)

06-28-07 - Fiance rec'd Packet 3

06-30-07 - Finally rec'd NOA2 via snail mail. It is dated June 25, same day as Packet 3 was rec'd.

07-05-07 - Mailed back form letter DSL-1076 (Applicant's Statement of Readiness to be Interviewed).

07-05-07 - Just waiting now in hopes of an interview date before APEC

07-13-07 - Received Packet 4

07-30-07 - Interview!!!! - APPROVED!

09-01-07 - Fiance arrives in the USA!

10-06-07 - Getting Married

Timeline
and pay for the processing fee - havent done that yet............

Can someone please explain this part to me? I will ask Darryl this morning about this to make sure he has or is planning on doing this but seems I have read several times that you have to do this in advance and by a certain method. Is it money order and you have to take the receipt with you??? Where does he go to do this?

I just like to make sure I get all the info, pass it along to him...JUST IN CASE!

Thanks!!!!

May 2006 - engaged

07-17-06 - NOA1

10-31-06 - Touched

01-29-07 - Found out from USCIS that my lawyer had filed at the wrong service center and nothing has been processed.

02-08-07 - Found out that our petition had been closed back in Oct. 2006. No one was ever notified of this from USCIS

02-09-07 - Began gathering paperwork once again to start all over. Started cancelling our wedding plans

02-27-07 - NOA1

05-22-07 - Touched

06-15-07 - NVC received our approved I-129F petition (I never received an NOA2 via email or snail mail). We are just so HAPPY to finally move on!

06-25-07 - Packet 3 received (but it was rec'd by our lawyer, she has forwarded it on to my fiance in Australia)

06-30-07 - Finally rec'd NOA2 via snail mail. It is dated June 25, same day as Packet 3 was rec'd.

07-05-07 - Mailed back form letter DSL-1076 (Applicant's Statement of Readiness to be Interviewed).

Timeline
and pay for the processing fee - havent done that yet............

Can someone please explain this part to me? I will ask Darryl this morning about this to make sure he has or is planning on doing this but seems I have read several times that you have to do this in advance and by a certain method. Is it money order and you have to take the receipt with you??? Where does he go to do this?

I just like to make sure I get all the info, pass it along to him...JUST IN CASE!

Thanks!!!!

OK...FALSE ALARM!!! lmao

I spoke to Darryl this morning and asked him about this and he already knows what to do. This was in his "calm down, Kym, I have everything under control" voice! :innocent::D:innocent:

I'm sure he will be so happy to get here just to shut me up... :jest:

Edited by Kym

May 2006 - engaged

07-17-06 - NOA1

10-31-06 - Touched

02-27-07 - NOA1

05-22-07 - Touched

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

CONGRATS TO ALL!!!!

Sorry I have not been around much, but I have this sexy Australian man keeping me occupied. Right now I am at work ( woe is me :( ) but I know what I am coming home too and that makes me smile.

Hopefully I will get this AOS ready on my lunch break enough to mail it tomorrow. Although I was prepared, I did not have copies of the forms and the I-94 and all that #######. Nevertheless we trudge on!

Good luck to all of you *hugs*

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Yeah we have been...er, occupied. There's been lawns to mow, kids to clean up after, family to be taken to dinner with, grocery shopping...yeah right. We do have our priorities in order...and all the abovementioned items will be taken care of in September.

Congrats Sharyna and Kym! July sounds like the month for visajourney aussies to be taken care of. I'm sure you will both do great at your interviews and be looking at booking plane tickets before too long. We'll keep our fingers crossed for you as you go through what I found to be the most nerve-wracking part of the process...but my experience and what I have read of other people's experiences suggests there's really not a lot to worry about as long as you are organised when you get there.

*throws rice for all the newly married couples...and waits for the pigeons to explode...* is it just Moonie and Sugarbob and Mr and Mrs Tony? I feel like so much is going on in here I am convinced I have missed something important for someone every time I post in here lately...but I am so glad to see you guys glowing in your newlywed bliss and Rings and I wish you every happiness in your future together.

Tony - congrats on your interview success, fingers crossed for your waiver application, I am sure if they look at it they will see that the ban was not in the spirit of the law and will be lenient for you.

I am still getting over jetlag, sick of waking up at ungodly hours of the night (although for an atheist, all hours of the day are ungodly lol) and not being able to get back to sleep, and then being sleepy in the middle of the day, but I am sure it will all work itself out okay before too long. Everything else is peaches at the moment though, except for the ####### customer service I am getting from American Airlines in regard to finding out if they have my wallet or not. I am currently waiting on a call back from their customer service manager, I am sure she will be happy to hear that United is looking like a great option for any future flights I make. I mean, I don't expect them to work miracles and provide a wallet that I was dumb enough to lose in the first place, but I just want one person to tell me yes or no they have or don't have my wallet. Instead I get passed from one phone number to another and end up leaving voicemail messages for people who never call me back....grrrrr

01/25/2007 Married on the beach in Australia

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

02/15/2007 I-130 mailed to NSC

02/26/2007 NOA1 (I-130) received

06/22/2007 Approved

02/27/2007 I-129F mailed

03/12/2007 NOA1 (I-129F) received

05/30/2007 Approved petition forwarded from NVC to Sydney

07/03/2007 Interview - K3 Visa approved

07/15/2007 arrived in the U S of A

AOS

07/23/2007 TB skin test and I-693A

07/26/2007 AOS application mailed

07/27/2007 AOS application received (Chicago)

Hi ya Kym

if you go back in this thread i think its around page 40 i posted my K1 visa receipt

Daryl has to go to Australia Post prior to his interview and ask for a u.s. immigration receipt..its $130 (dont think that has gone up) take a look at my pic i posted of it then he will know what its suppose to look like...

he then has to paperclip this on the front of his passport on the outside...if ya cant find it i will take a look for you Kym..

hey there Loke

good to see ya.. bugga about the jetlag still hanging around...how are you handling the altitude there that might have something to do with it too...am happy all is well with ya and grrrrrrr on AA...have you looked on their website to leave a message also that might work also...

hi tony

fingers crossed that all goes well for you in Bangkok...sure is a stressful process for you...

hey all get this ... roberts company closed for 2 weeks for maintenance then added that all vacation has been cancelled and everyone has to go back to work next monday...i have never heard of a company doing this...what if your overseas do u loose your job for not going to work...damm company...ohh to the americans in here do you guys get your vacation pay prior to taking your holidays....over in oz we use to get the money when we actually took holidays...never heard of this one either...well before i met robert anyways...lol...

take care u lot

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Loke, eewww American Airlines, Airline of The Beast. This will be my last flight with them, unless my husband decides he's actually going to spend money and get my tickets and goes with another airline ;P

I'd prefer SouthWest, especially after the fiasco last year of the December storms and not getting out of Arkansas because of the crappy AA planes (SW are sturdier and could fly during the storms), but they have that whole "lol, your ### is too wide, pay up" thing going on :P My ### aint THAT wide, but sheesh @.@ 17 inches is NOT that generous :P

I love AA's way of *always* overbooking in DFW. Every. single. time I go through DFW, there is always an overbooking, and ALWAYS people angry and upset because they can't go on that flight. I'd offer, but sheesh, I just came from the other side of the world! :P

The Beginning

September 29th, 1999 - 'hooked' up with Dave after chatting with him for about a year online.

October 23rd, 2004 - September 29th, 5 years to the day, he proposed to me =D

July 23rd, 2005 - Dave comes over for the wedding on July 27th at the beach :)

Sometime in December, he sends off I-130 to Texas and promptly leaves me in the dark like a mushroom x.X...

The Saga Continues *dumdeduuummm*

August - phone NVC. intriguing :\ Phoned again, ah hah! the truth... no record of us >< losers... Go and visit Dave for 3 months...

End of January, we sent the petition back in again. 2 weeks later, we actually get a number in our hot little hands.

April 5th - NOA2 approved!

April sometime, received and sent back Choice of Agent

May 18th - Received IV Bill

May 28th - Sent IV Bill MO back

June 11th - DS-230 generated

July 12th - Received and sent back DS-230 packet

July 19th - NVC Sent Husband checklist of AoS. They forgot to fill in N/A fills with.... N/A x.X

July 23rd - DS-230 entered

July 26th - NVC received checklist regarding financial suppliment (ie, got a talking to on the phone :P)

August 1st - sent financial papers back

August 3rd - (Automatic msg) Financial records lacking! ARGH!~

August 7th - Received actual fixed paperwork - 'processing'

August 17th - NVC COMPLETED CASE!~

September 10th - Received packet 3

September 17th - Medical in Brisbane

November 14th - Interview VISA GRANTED

December 8th - Landed in USA

December 24th - GreenCard Arrives

i just remembered last night to tell my fiance to scan and email me the NOA1 and the NOA2 ... so i had a copy of them for the interview.... i'm like "do i need to remind you in the morning?" and he replies "no i've got it all under control"

and he did!! i had them in my inbox first thing in the morning - i am so PROUD of him... usually i have to kick him to remind him of something lol.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.