aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Helllo everybody...I am Moonies husband to be!!! (in 30 and a half hours teehee)

I am excited to finally be tying the knot (interesting phrase for marriage) to my beautiful girl, tho sometimes I wish this fee increase thing wasn't happening right now so we didn't have to rush and feel all this pressure to save some moneys, albeit not all that bad as it is making us get things done, we're mighty good at procrastinating (however Moonie will say it's all me).

Anyhow everything here is cool, I am finally with the person I want to spend the rest of my life with so it really can't get much better can it? :dance:

Welcome and CONGRATS Sugarbob and Moonie! I am excited for the both of you!!!!!!!!!!

Party on! :dance:

I-130

02/17/2007 - I-130 Express Mailed to VSC via USPS. (ETA 2/19/2007)

02/22/2007 - I-130 received by VSC.

06/12/2007 - NOA2 approval email received!!!

06/15/2007 - NOA2 letter received in the mail.

NVC

06/19/2007 - NVC receives case and assigns a case number!

08/27/2007 - CASE COMPLETE!!!!

09/06/2007 - Case forwarded to Sydney

09/14/2007 - Wife receives Packet 3. Received NVC letter confirming case forward to Sydney.

10/26/2007 - Interview - VISA GRANTED!!!!! WOOO WOOO!!!!!!

11/18/2007 - Enter the US via LAX (POE). No issues thankfully. 20 minutes of processing.

11/30/2007 - Welcome letter (two of them) received.

12/19/2007 - CR-1 Green Card received.

USCIS - I-751

09/23/2009 - Express Mailed Removal of Conditions application

09/24/2009 - USPS confirmed delivery to VSC

09/29/2009 - Check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2009 - Received NOA I-797C dated 09/25/2009

10/10/2009 - Received Biometric appt letter for 10/29/2009

10/29/2009 - Biometrics taken. Whole process took about 40 min including the wait

12/22/2009 - Approved for ROC!

01/08/2010 - Received text and email: Card production ordered

01/15/2010 - Received Green Card in the mail!

USCIS - N-400

04/22/2011 - Express Mailed Application for Naturalization

04/27/2011 - Check cashed by USCIS

04/28/2011 - Received NOA I-797C dated 04/26/2011

05/27/2011 - Biometrics taken. Process took approx 35 min with wait

07/29/2011 - Received Interview Appt letter scheduled for 09/01/2011 dated 07/26/2011

09/01/2011 - Interview and Oath. Now a USC! The VJ is over!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Anyhow everything here is cool, I am finally with the person I want to spend the rest of my life with so it really can't get much better can it? :dance:

Nope, doesn't seem any better than that!

One more night as an engaged couple! I wish you both a happy day tomorrow and a great life together.

Congratulations!

Aug. 2001 - met online playing trivia

May 2006 - engaged

06-12-06 - Met with lawyer, filed for a K-1 visa

07-17-06 - NOA1

10-31-06 - Touched

01-29-07 - Found out from USCIS that my lawyer had filed at the wrong service center and nothing has been processed.

02-08-07 - Found out that our petition had been closed back in Oct. 2006. No one was ever notified of this from USCIS

02-09-07 - Began gathering paperwork once again to start all over. Started cancelling our wedding plans

02-20-07 - Filed for a K-1 visa once again

02-27-07 - NOA1

04-21-07 - Originally planned wedding date (had to cancel) :(

05-22-07 - Touched

06-01-07 - Granted a Congressional Inquiry!

06-15-07 - NVC received our approved I-129F petition (I never received an NOA2 via email or snail mail). We are just so HAPPY to finally move on!

06-25-07 - Packet 3 received (but it was rec'd by our lawyer, she has forwarded it on to my fiance in Australia)

06-28-07 - Fiance rec'd Packet 3

06-30-07 - Finally rec'd NOA2 via snail mail. It is dated June 25, same day as Packet 3 was rec'd.

07-05-07 - Mailed back form letter DSL-1076 (Applicant's Statement of Readiness to be Interviewed).

07-05-07 - Just waiting now in hopes of an interview date before APEC

07-13-07 - Received Packet 4

07-30-07 - Interview!!!! - APPROVED!

09-01-07 - Fiance arrives in the USA!

10-06-07 - Getting Married

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

WELCOME SUGARBOB!!!!!!!!!!!

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

hi ya all

well were back home..robert sprained his ankle running away from a skunk in the early hours of the morning and tripped over a rock lol i still laugh when i hear him tellin people how he did it..and me well my hip hurts dont know how i did it but there are bruises galore around the area and for the life of me i cant remember bumping the hip or anything...lol so we came home early..i cant sit too long so im lying on the floor alot lol

had prob logging in here so finally got that sorted out..a clue for ya.. if you change your name like i did the log in is your orginal nickname lol..

the smokies were wonderful .. gatlinburg tn is an amazing place and pigeon forge is too..in both towns its so busy and so many damm shops ... pigeon forge is like an arcade on both sides full of um with hotels galore ..cars cruise up and down just looking very neon lit up too blew me away ...

encounted bears on the way to a water fall.. a mother bear and two cubs held up about 20 poeple on both sides for about 20 minutes lol i kept takin photo's and all robbie could say was kath come back your too close....the cubs parked themselves in the middle of the path fighting...and my hubs said i wouldnt see them lol...then another day we were driving along a curvy road and there a young bear ran across the road looked right at us too before crossing lol

so all in all a good break...but... the car in in the shop ... getting all 4 bearings done wont have it back till next wednesday...and 750 dollars out of pocket...

so i have caught up on all the emails i got from here....first off

a big big big congrats to loke and rings on their approval at sydney... fantastic news... and rings thanks for the pm ya cant of seen me posts about camping lol you were too nerve racked with the interview coming up huh...not long now till loke is home with you and you cant start living as a family...dont worry about loke settling in too much mate .. just be there for him when he needs an ear or a hug ..and just understand that for some it is hard at first to let go of what you have lived with all your life...a great country...loke safe flight mate take care hope poe goes well for ya...

sharyna sorry to hear about the long wait you have for you interview.. hang in there chookie.. more time for you to get organised and more time with friends and family...

hey hammy and lyndel good to see ya ....going to start work next month am so looking forward to it too..with robbie off for a month im spending time with him instead of starting early...

and to the newbies

hi kym welcome to the aussie thread

hi ya SUGARBOB good to read your post.. say hi to moonie for me plz and congrats on your wedding day today .. hope it was a delightful day for you too and you are happy ...congrats..

hi jess you would be on your way here by now im thinking...safe trip to ya girly .. take care..poe should be easy mate..

elle how is ya woman... good on ya for that homesickness post mate.....you dont think of the steps while your going through it but will help the newbies to u.s.a.

well i think thats all at the mo thank goodness i got the sign in worked out....

hi to all i have missed

kath

Edited by Kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Timeline

:lol: Hi everyone! I'm home! :lol:

Well kinda, we're still in California visiting Tony's family and we fly out to Maryland on Thursday (at the crack of dawn!).

After all the stress and waiting and packing and everything I'm finally where I want to be. I sure am where TONY wants we to be too. We're both on cloud 9 at the moment, enjoying every minute of being back together! I'm soooo happy!

We are currently at Tony's Mom's house and he is in the kitchen preparing marinade for the steaks we're going to have at the big family gathering tomorrow night. I'm here in the computer room catching up on my web surfing and hiding from the kitties. Tony's Mom has two cats, and they make me sneeze! :blink:

I'm loving it here so far, things have been mostly smooth sailing apart from the jetlag, a sleepless plane flight and the tearful goodbye with my Mum and sisters at the airport in Sydney.

:) It's so nice and warm here too! HELLO SUMMER! :lol: I'm really happy, even though I haven't got much in the way of summer clothes at the moment.

I met Tony's Mom and sister last night and we went out for a nice dinner at The Chart House. It was great and I genuinely love his Mom and sister. They're awesome people and we have some things in common like world views etc. Also, we all enjoy teasing Tony, I find that REALLY amusing!

I arrived on Thursday in the early afternoon and I couldn't get to sleep till 8am the following morning, I was soooo tired! It's not good for jet lag, but I just couldn't sleep. Part of the reason was the guy in the room next door was watching TV ALL night! *gah*.

Anyway, I'm so happy that I'm finally here, I made it through immigration and customs easily, and the people there were actually really awesome and nice. Makes a change on some of the stories I've read here, and what I was expecting.

I got bustled through so fast that I didn't even have time to go to the bathroom to freshen up, I didn't even get a chance to brush my hair! Wow, I should have done it on the plane, but no matter. Suddenly, I was through immigration, picked up my bags, breezed though customs and pushed my trolley up a hill and to the left and suddenly, I was out!

There was a crowd of people waiting outside the door and there was one guy who pushed his way though everyone out into the open space, my darling Tony! I gave him the biggest hug and kiss, and then we made our way out to the car. Fortunately Tony still loves me, even though I hadn't brushed my hair, or my teeth or changed my clothes hahaha :) What an awesome day!

:D

Timeline

Hi Sugarbob and Moonie! I know what you mean about feeling rushed, we're kind of feeling it to, still, we're happy to be doing it, very much so. Congrats guys!

Thanks for the info Rings, Tony sent you a PM I believe, we're going to have to follow up this TB thing. Earlier, when he sent the PM I had an angry rant about it. LOL not a good look. I've calmed down now though. I think we're going to just send in what we've got and wait for the RFE that will surely come.

Sounds like you're a little homesick Hamster :( When the excitement wears off and we get back home to MD I bet I'll be feeling it too :(

Hi Kath! I didn't expect you around for a while, I'm sorry to hear your hubby sprained his ankle :( I told Tony about the running away from a skunk and he was amused but not nearly as much as I was. I guess it sounds far more absurd to us Aussies :D

Hi to everyone :) I'm finally home!

Timeline

Thanks Katz! I see that you guys have sent in the I-129F! Now the ball is well and truely rolling! Just wait for all the "touches" you'll see on the USCIS website. Lots of fun to watch! Congrats on starting the process! Woo!

Timeline
Thanks Katz! I see that you guys have sent in the I-129F! Now the ball is well and truely rolling! Just wait for all the "touches" you'll see on the USCIS website. Lots of fun to watch! Congrats on starting the process! Woo!

You're welcome! :D

Yes, we've finally sent in the forms! All we have to do now is wait and stalk the USCIS site for the next several months. :P

Timeline

CONGRATS JEZZ AND TONY!!!!!

Hey I am looking into the TB thing still and I have a call to make to one civil surgeon tomorrow. I will let you know what she says * hugs *

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Timeline

I am a married woman now! :dance: We had our wedding on the beach! It was lovely. I cried a little bit. Sugarbob was keeping it cool. He never cries. lol It was real intimate. Then we went out to eat at PF Changs and my friends got us cake and champagne. It was a lovely day.

I am happy to be Mrs. Sugarbob! I can't wait to change my name and have it be all official!

Yeah for happiness and love! :luv:

11/27/2006 Filed I-129F

12/01/06 received at CSC NOA1

12/09/06 checked cleared

02/28/07 touched!

02/28/07 NOA2 via email 3 of them!!!!

03/01/07 touched

03/09/07 NOA2 received via snail mail

03/20/07 Received email from Sydney that packet 3 should be mailed out tomorrow

03/26/07 Fiance received packet 3

4/26/07 Fiance medical appointment

5/01/07 New date of medical appointment

5/14/07 Fiance interview date!

VISA APPROVED!

6/8/07 My fiance arrives in America

7/14/07 Wedding day!

PF Changs, hmm... Is that the restaurant that has the huge pompous horses out front? :P

The Beginning

September 29th, 1999 - 'hooked' up with Dave after chatting with him for about a year online.

October 23rd, 2004 - September 29th, 5 years to the day, he proposed to me =D

July 23rd, 2005 - Dave comes over for the wedding on July 27th at the beach :)

Sometime in December, he sends off I-130 to Texas and promptly leaves me in the dark like a mushroom x.X...

The Saga Continues *dumdeduuummm*

August - phone NVC. intriguing :\ Phoned again, ah hah! the truth... no record of us >< losers... Go and visit Dave for 3 months...

End of January, we sent the petition back in again. 2 weeks later, we actually get a number in our hot little hands.

April 5th - NOA2 approved!

April sometime, received and sent back Choice of Agent

May 18th - Received IV Bill

May 28th - Sent IV Bill MO back

June 11th - DS-230 generated

July 12th - Received and sent back DS-230 packet

July 19th - NVC Sent Husband checklist of AoS. They forgot to fill in N/A fills with.... N/A x.X

July 23rd - DS-230 entered

July 26th - NVC received checklist regarding financial suppliment (ie, got a talking to on the phone :P)

August 1st - sent financial papers back

August 3rd - (Automatic msg) Financial records lacking! ARGH!~

August 7th - Received actual fixed paperwork - 'processing'

August 17th - NVC COMPLETED CASE!~

September 10th - Received packet 3

September 17th - Medical in Brisbane

November 14th - Interview VISA GRANTED

December 8th - Landed in USA

December 24th - GreenCard Arrives

hey guys!

hope you all had a great weekend or are having a great weekend to those of you in the US already...

i heard last night on the news that Sydney is no longer going to be locked down - meaning basically business as usual.... this being said..

does anyone think that i should email the consulate and ask for a closer date? (my interview currently being 10th october?)....

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline
Helllo everybody...I am Moonies husband to be!!! (in 30 and a half hours teehee)

I am excited to finally be tying the knot (interesting phrase for marriage) to my beautiful girl, tho sometimes I wish this fee increase thing wasn't happening right now so we didn't have to rush and feel all this pressure to save some moneys, albeit not all that bad as it is making us get things done, we're mighty good at procrastinating (however Moonie will say it's all me).

Yay! Congrats SB..!! Have a gorgeous day!

hey guys!

hope you all had a great weekend or are having a great weekend to those of you in the US already...

i heard last night on the news that Sydney is no longer going to be locked down - meaning basically business as usual.... this being said..

does anyone think that i should email the consulate and ask for a closer date? (my interview currently being 10th october?)....

I'd give it a try. What are they going to say?

/(soup)Interview Nazi "Joo complain too much! NO INTERVIEW FOR JOO! NEXT!"? :P

However, they are still locking down the Opera House and Parliament/Government House... *shrugs* in one ear, out the next :P

I just find it sad and ironic for you o.o *hugs* You go via K3 to get there several months earlier, and get tied up for months waiting around for the interview x.X

The Beginning

September 29th, 1999 - 'hooked' up with Dave after chatting with him for about a year online.

October 23rd, 2004 - September 29th, 5 years to the day, he proposed to me =D

July 23rd, 2005 - Dave comes over for the wedding on July 27th at the beach :)

Sometime in December, he sends off I-130 to Texas and promptly leaves me in the dark like a mushroom x.X...

The Saga Continues *dumdeduuummm*

August - phone NVC. intriguing :\ Phoned again, ah hah! the truth... no record of us >< losers... Go and visit Dave for 3 months...

End of January, we sent the petition back in again. 2 weeks later, we actually get a number in our hot little hands.

April 5th - NOA2 approved!

April sometime, received and sent back Choice of Agent

May 18th - Received IV Bill

May 28th - Sent IV Bill MO back

June 11th - DS-230 generated

July 12th - Received and sent back DS-230 packet

July 19th - NVC Sent Husband checklist of AoS. They forgot to fill in N/A fills with.... N/A x.X

July 23rd - DS-230 entered

July 26th - NVC received checklist regarding financial suppliment (ie, got a talking to on the phone :P)

August 1st - sent financial papers back

August 3rd - (Automatic msg) Financial records lacking! ARGH!~

August 7th - Received actual fixed paperwork - 'processing'

August 17th - NVC COMPLETED CASE!~

September 10th - Received packet 3

September 17th - Medical in Brisbane

November 14th - Interview VISA GRANTED

December 8th - Landed in USA

December 24th - GreenCard Arrives

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.