TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i just called them and the receptionist/nurse lady told me that as far as their aware this is not a requirement, they didnt even know about it and thats what the xray was for - for tuberculosis....

she told me to call the consulate............ so i might do that and see if they know any better.........

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Yup I already did that and the USCIS confirmed it... check out some of these threads here

LINK

LINK2

LINK3

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

ok i've emailed the consulate and asked...

once they tell me yes or no i'll do it or not do it...........

i mean if they dont inform their own consulates then they should be yelled at.

Timeline

Haha well they haven't informed them yet as far as I know. See the dude who brough TB into America is currently in National Jewish Hospital in Colorado where I am. So the story has just begun and just read those threads because they will confirm what I am saying. People are getting the RFE's now.

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

i just got a reply back from the consulate - fast reply...

this was my question:

"hi there.

i was told by other visa members that there is a new test requirement?,, TB Skin test?

i asked the doctor i went to - Dr Waks - and his receptionist had no idea what i was talking about and said that as far as she knew the only test required was the xray to check for tuberculosis...

are you able to shed any new light on this for me? - or will this test be needed to be done when i file for AOS?.

thanks in advance"

their reply

"The panel physician will advise you of all the required tests to take. You only need to make your appointment with the panel physician and when you are seen to by him/her you’ll be given the letters of referral for all tests required"

so i guess we'll have to wait....... i mean i've already got my appt - and yeah as you said they havent been told, maybe its from a specific date they're doing it?

If you're REALLY that worried about it, just go ahead and have it done. That way, if they suddenly spring on you that you need it, it's done!

*shrugs* I'd rather have a small needle ####### then that stress on my mind. You probably can get it done at any doctors, have them sign and give you the original, take it with you to Dr. Waks, and bobsyauncle :D

The Beginning

September 29th, 1999 - 'hooked' up with Dave after chatting with him for about a year online.

October 23rd, 2004 - September 29th, 5 years to the day, he proposed to me =D

July 23rd, 2005 - Dave comes over for the wedding on July 27th at the beach :)

Sometime in December, he sends off I-130 to Texas and promptly leaves me in the dark like a mushroom x.X...

The Saga Continues *dumdeduuummm*

August - phone NVC. intriguing :\ Phoned again, ah hah! the truth... no record of us >< losers... Go and visit Dave for 3 months...

End of January, we sent the petition back in again. 2 weeks later, we actually get a number in our hot little hands.

April 5th - NOA2 approved!

April sometime, received and sent back Choice of Agent

May 18th - Received IV Bill

May 28th - Sent IV Bill MO back

June 11th - DS-230 generated

July 12th - Received and sent back DS-230 packet

July 19th - NVC Sent Husband checklist of AoS. They forgot to fill in N/A fills with.... N/A x.X

July 23rd - DS-230 entered

July 26th - NVC received checklist regarding financial suppliment (ie, got a talking to on the phone :P)

August 1st - sent financial papers back

August 3rd - (Automatic msg) Financial records lacking! ARGH!~

August 7th - Received actual fixed paperwork - 'processing'

August 17th - NVC COMPLETED CASE!~

September 10th - Received packet 3

September 17th - Medical in Brisbane

November 14th - Interview VISA GRANTED

December 8th - Landed in USA

December 24th - GreenCard Arrives

Timeline
I would like to let all of you know that if you are Adjusting Status or getting your medical done, there is a new requirement for the TB Skin test. When you do your medical oversea's the doctor only does the X-Ray and not the actual TB Skin Test. This is because the oversea's doctors have not all been made aware of the new requirement which has only recently gone into effect.

Eeek. Where did you find that info at? :blink:

Timeline

I gave you all links and then I made the calls

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

Filed: Timeline
"1. The honeymoon period when all seems new and interesting; very exciting time.

2. A period of weariness from the adaptation to a new environment. During this phase you start to understand that you must work to adapt to a new life. You feel pressure, isolation, irritation, disorientation, and depression or apathy. You can start to eat and sleep too much. You can become upset over trifles. You, at times, feel ill.

3. Period of non-acceptance and resistance of the culture of the new country. You suddenly feel animosity to the USA and are surprised, how Americans can live how they live. You begin to question why you have come to America.

4. New culture starts to make sense; you acquire new knowledge and skills. As you gain confidence, you become more sociable. You start to feel satisfaction that you begin to understand the American culture.

5. Adaptation to new the culture. There is a feeling of comfort. You begin to feel and seek interaction with the new cultural environment. You accept life and conditions of American culture and take pleasure in making the distinctions between your new culture and the old.

The times spent in each stage varies widely among everyone. It has been said that stage 5 probably won't be reached for 5-7 years for most and that stages can overlap each other."

I think I am in stage 2... stage 1 didnt last long I guess cuz I have been here so many times before and for good lengths of time.

One of the things I would have loved is if Eric could have taken a week vacation from work so maybe then I wouldnt have felt so homesick right off the bat (circumstances prior to me leaving my fam didnt help any). Ive had a few bad nights of crying and stuff...I know it will take some time, and not to sound like a Kelly Clarkson song but...I miss my independence.

So if you can take a few days off work from when Loke first arrives, help him settle and maybe that will help some. Im sure Loke drives and it seems almost all Americans have at least two vehicles lol so maybe he wont feel so couped up in the house if he can be out and about when you are at work. Like Erics parents are really nice in taking me to stores but I wish I could go to the store without what I feel is pestering them. Eric works the 2nd shift so we dont really get much done before or after work and not like I expect him to either as he's on the 8th day of his 9 straight days of working. On his days off, Eric takes me to Filipino stores so I can buy snacks and stuff. So maybe look out for Aussie snacks and things of that nature? I know I'll be ordering stuff from http://www.simplyoz.com/ very soon :)

Dont get me wrong, I wouldnt trade being here w/ Eric for anything but for the USC, dont take it personal if your SO does feel some homesickness. Some ppl adjust very quickly, this has just been my experience thus far.

This was a good read...thanks! That's something I have been thinking about...helping Darryl anyway I can to prevent homesickness...or at least lessen it. (once he gets here that is...IF he ever gets here... :( )

Good link! He loves his vegemite (sorry, but eewwww :blink: ) I've heard tons about Tim Tams...never had any...now I can order some and try them!

Fly To AUSTRALIA LOL :blush::whistle:

"To love someone deeply gives you strength.

Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu

Timeline

HAMMY !!! *hugs*

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

Timeline
HAMMY !!! *hugs*

RINGA DING DING IN CHAT COME SEE :thumbs:

Awe I would love too, but Java and my computer don't get along :(

I have IM though

Yahoo: Ringsfan1

MSN: Thankeru4peace@hotmail.com

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

Timeline

Helllo everybody...I am Moonies husband to be!!! (in 30 and a half hours teehee)

I am excited to finally be tying the knot (interesting phrase for marriage) to my beautiful girl, tho sometimes I wish this fee increase thing wasn't happening right now so we didn't have to rush and feel all this pressure to save some moneys, albeit not all that bad as it is making us get things done, we're mighty good at procrastinating (however Moonie will say it's all me).

Anyhow everything here is cool, I am finally with the person I want to spend the rest of my life with so it really can't get much better can it? :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.