aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Excessive use of massive font? what? me? surely not! :D

Hi Tony, Welcome!

I'm so sorry to hear about you predicament! That sucks :( I can't personally help regarding the ban but I can offer lots of moral support. I really hope you can get it sorted out. I've spent 3 weeks in Jacksonville FL, its a nice part of the world.

All the best in your Visa Journey and the best of luck for your interview.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys!!

congrats Loke and rings!!! yay!! finally you can both get on with LIFE!!!

Ok guys

have two questions for you...........

what is the min or max time frame the consulate takes to send you packet 4

and 2nd question

the two photos you have to provide them with....... can they be standard Australian size photos? (visa/passport)

or do they have to be the american size passport photos?

thx in advance for any replies!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
And we're off and running for round 2 :dance:

Newbies and Old Timers.......Below you will find a link to the original Australia thread that is now archived. This you can access at any time. Hope you all find your way here to the new site without too much trouble....Just Coo-eeeeeeeeee and will come get you otherwise :P

AUSTRALIA 1 (original)

gday good to see some other aussies about im tryin to get info on having my 10 yr ban waived

my interview in sydney is wed 11/7/07 I know about the forms 601 and 212 and have them prepared to take with me...i guess my question is on the success rate of returning after being deported my wife and i have been married almost 5 yrs our home was jacksonville Fl we first applied for 485 back in 2002 they denied our app and deported me as an overstay in dec 06 reckon i really wanna know what are my chances for gettin the ban lifted and how long till i can come home...any help would be appreciated.

Try These Links... does not look too good so sorry to say (but a bit of your story may help some)

VISA CENTRAL

And there are a lot of good waiver guides on this one too

IMMIGRATE2US

Not many people are approved hardship so you will have to make a very convincing letter. I have read up on this and I have seen only two cases on this entire forum that were actually approved and one of those was due to medical reasons and the other was due to religous belief from a country that practices. It is hard to tell, but I would recommend a lawyer if you can get one. Hardship cases really depend on what happened and why you overstayed or broke the law. :( Wish I was more help, but some additional information would help a ton in being able to possibly help you.

Edited by Rings

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Timeline
Hi guys!!

Ok guys

and 2nd question

the two photos you have to provide them with....... can they be standard Australian size photos? (visa/passport)

Assuming packet 4 is where they notify you of your interview date, then it will take a week or two. See our timeline, but Loke never got another packet... he got a letter telling him when to come to the interview that was it. And he has been using normal passport photos. He was sending all of his from Aussie the whole time. I think as long ats the photos are cut 2x2, then you should be fine.

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

Timeline
And we're off and running for round 2 :dance:

Newbies and Old Timers.......Below you will find a link to the original Australia thread that is now archived. This you can access at any time. Hope you all find your way here to the new site without too much trouble....Just Coo-eeeeeeeeee and will come get you otherwise :P

AUSTRALIA 1 (original)

gday good to see some other aussies about im tryin to get info on having my 10 yr ban waived

my interview in sydney is wed 11/7/07 I know about the forms 601 and 212 and have them prepared to take with me...i guess my question is on the success rate of returning after being deported my wife and i have been married almost 5 yrs our home was jacksonville Fl we first applied for 485 back in 2002 they denied our app and deported me as an overstay in dec 06 reckon i really wanna know what are my chances for gettin the ban lifted and how long till i can come home...any help would be appreciated.

Oh yeah I found something else for you... check this out here:

LINK

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND HELP - YOU HAVE BEEN ANGELS IN MY LIFE *HUGS*

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

Timeline

Hey All,

How is everyone going with their journeys??.....I see Jezz you are getting close and I heard from Elle recently.

Sorry I haven't been around much. Will read up on all that's going on when I feel a bit better. We went to our wedding reception in San Fran and I picked up the Flu and had an allergic reaction to the antibiotics so have been in bed all last weekend. Jake's family was wonderful and so are his friends. His Mum is very unwell but we are hopeful.

We had a fantastic time, they put so much thought into our reception...they even had a big basket of Australian choccies.

We also got our AOS papers in and have received the first NOA and my biometrics appointment is in Denver on July 13.

Anyway, it's off to bed for me....need to rest.

Hope you are all well and happy. Kath and Hammy...hope your jobs are going well.

Cheers

Lyndel

19 Apr 07: ARRIVED JFK POE and got the temp EAD stamp!!!!

27 Apr 07: Got Married

14 May 07: Received SSN

04 June 07: GOT A JOB!!

16 June 07: Wedding Reception in San Francisco

13 August 07: Got new EAD

23 November 07: Adjustment of Status approved

25 December 07: First white Christmas EVER!!!!

27 Apr 08: First Wedding Anniversary

4 July 08: Mt Rushmore for 4th July

27 April 09: Second Wedding Anniversary

October 09: Hoping to visit Australia

Timeline

Sharyna, I used American sized 2 inch by 2 inch photos throughout the process. I believe that they do mention somewhere that they have to be 2 inch by 2 inch.

The two photos you take on the day is the one they print onto your visa that they stick in you passport. (I actually stapled my two photos to the two forms, they were cool with that)

Timeline

Oh and regarding the 'packet 4' Sharyna, It took 4 business days (with a weekend in the middle) between when I sent them the letter and when I got the interview date. They sent it out pretty much the day they got it I think. Its pretty fast.

Timeline
thanks rings!!

i was dreading having to get the american ones... they cost so much more lol

just be sure they make them 2x2 dear because that's what they need. Front view of your face and white background. *hugs*

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

I Sent it last tuesday......... it'll be a week roughly including weekend..........

lets hope i get it today.. otherwise i'll email them...... i'm sure they love me by now rofl.....

thanks jezz!!

hey rings - the pics i have are the ones you get when you ask for passport pics at the chemist etc...... white background - face shot (look very pretty lol).....

Timeline

No worries! I wouldn't worry about it yet, don't forget this whole APEC thing probably means that they're getting lots of people wanting to interview right about now :) I bet you'll get it in the next few days, if not today.

Australian passport photos are smaller than the American 2inch X 2inch ones, and the American ones are what you need sadly. I know, they are more expensive too!

bugga so i do need to get them lol..

i used the aussie ones for my medical....

ok... looks like i need new ones.... lets hope i look prettier lol.... photos have a bad habit of making you look like your having a really bad day...........

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Hi guys!!

Ok guys

and 2nd question

Sharyna, the two photos you need for the interview should be 50mmx50mm - American passport size. They go onto the 2 copies of that DS-156 form that you fill out online.

Okay...firstly hi everyone and sorry about the extended absence, but it has been the most hectic time this last few weeks. I know everyone said things would go quick once we were approved but I think we might have set some kind of record. From what we have been able to work out, the NVC received our approved petition on May 30, and from there it has taken 34 days to interview. The Consulate put me under pressure with my letter of appointment too, which arrived only 6 days before my interview date...lucky I found out via an email to Rings the Friday previous, or booking flights an accomodation would have been stressful.

So what happens in Sydney...

I land after a relatively painless flight (middle seat...I hate middle seats lol) and the backpackers hostel I am staying at offers free airport transfers if you stay 3 nights, which I am. So I call them to arrange the transfer and then have to call back and ask them to hold off when I find out Qantas lost my luggage. They put it on the wrong plane...

So after I get through baggage services I call the hostel back and arrange the bus to pick me up, and I get there knowing I have a single room...but damn I thought the rooms in my flat were small. This place is barely big enough to fit a single bed and a chair into. But it is on Pitt St. which I know crosses Martin Place, and simplicity of travel to the Consulate is important. And it suits my budget too. Finally my luggage gets delivered by Qantas at about 10pm, which is a relief. I have all the vital documents in my hand luggage, but some extra stuff I wanted to have with me (and my nice clothes haha) are in the checked luggage.

blah blah blah all nervous and can't sleep and stuff, finally settle in and have trouble waking up because I have not slept enough haha...and begin the trek up to Martin Place....is cutting to the chase.

I knew I had to go up to the 10th floor and then go throguh the Consulate reception lobby. What I didn't know is that you have to get an elevator (they're towards the back of the MLC centre - follow the signs. I was tempted to go up the escalator but beyond that there's signs pointing you to the lifts) to the 8th floor first, then another to the 10th and then through the security check...pretty much like airport security. Show passport and letter of appointment, put your bags through an x-ray machine and don't set the metal detector off...saw a few guys in business suits walk into the interview area with their belts in their hands, I thought that was kind of funny. Then wait for the guard to take you to the elevator to the 59th floor. Then through another metal detector - they don't mess around - and finally through the door into the interview room.

Ticket machine is in front of you, slightly to the right. Tasteful wood panel (or substitute, I didn't really look closely), push the top button for immigrant visa ticket...K3 is technically a non immigrant visa but for the purposes of interview, all K visas are considered immigrant visas - they really know how to confuse people. Waited for what seemed like an hour, but was probably only 20-30 minutes for my number to come up. They processed a bunch of other visa types while I waited, there seems to be only 2 windows (1 and 2 - I got window 2) dedicated to immigrant visas and the rest are for work/tourist visas etc.

I handed all my documents to the lady, including a few she didn't want to see, and she sent me away to wait more while she checked over the paperwork more thoroughly. Then she called me back up (well, the flashing numbers did, she didn't actually say anything) and told me it all looked good, and as long as the immigration officer agreed with her then I would be approved. Told me to wait a little longer and then my number was called - this time by a real person and I was asked to go to window 7. This was the interview.

The lady there had all my paperwork in front of her and to be honest this is the bit I remember least lol. I was nervous. She asked when we married and where, and how we met and how long we had known each other. Asked how long Rings had stayed, when we first met in person and how long that was before we married. She laughed a little when I said we met 2 weeks before we married, and that settled me down a little, it seemed a reassuring laugh. She asked about both our jobs and about Rings' kids - how old, have I met them, do I get along well with them. Then it was all over. She told me I can go back Thursday to pick up my visa.

I lugged a huge amount of paperwork up the hill and up to the top of the building. Emails, chat logs, photos, letters and other documents to prove we actually do love each other. Nobody was interested in seeing any of it. I guess I should be relieved just to be approved but I can't help feeling a little disappointed that nobody wanted to see how good we look together, or how much we love each other. I might try to balance that out by handing photos out to random strangers while I wait for Thursday afternoon to come around.

oh by the way, for anyone wanting to stay and collect their visa in person, it's 3:30pm the following afternoon (unless your interview is July 3rd, in which case you wait an extra day while they eat turkey and...oh wait, that's Thanksgiving...while they dress up in ghost costumes and...no that's Halloween...while they do whatever it is for the Fourth of July...let off fireworks or something. So the 4th is out, and I am back at 3:30pm on the 5th, which ironically is actually the REAL Fourth of July, except I guess in Australia they celebrate a day ahead of their American compatriots.

WOHOOO!! I am so relieved to have got through all of this. I am a natural worrier so even though it has been nice to be able to take an active part in the process as opposed to the initial stages which involve more work from the US Citizen and I had to be patient and trust that Rings was doing it all right (and I know she had a hard time with the reversal - it is tough to not be in control of these things). But the natural extension of that is that even though I like being in control of my situation, I do stress about things...about the medical - I was so worried they would find something wrong, ro some little thing to stop me getting my visa (I do have to get one more tetanus shot when I get to America), and about the interview. But it really was a simple process. I don't think they are so worried about immigration fraud from Australia. Our country totally rocks so only crazy people would really want to leave to go to another one...actually I am surprised they didn't do psychological testing on me LOL.

I am kidding. America is a cool place too, I am sure. I really like what i have seen of it. But I do get the impression they are okay with accepting Australians more than some other nationalities. It certainly was nowhere near as stressful as some of the other stories I have read about people being denied for not being able to prove a legitimate relationship.

okay...I think I am done for this post...if anyone needs to know anything more I guess I am just about qualified to answer questions now. Unless its about police certificates from Uruguay...I have no idea about those...

01/25/2007 Married on the beach in Australia

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

02/15/2007 I-130 mailed to NSC

02/26/2007 NOA1 (I-130) received

06/22/2007 Approved

02/27/2007 I-129F mailed

03/12/2007 NOA1 (I-129F) received

05/30/2007 Approved petition forwarded from NVC to Sydney

07/03/2007 Interview - K3 Visa approved

07/15/2007 arrived in the U S of A

AOS

07/23/2007 TB skin test and I-693A

07/26/2007 AOS application mailed

07/27/2007 AOS application received (Chicago)

I am insanely jealous right now o.o Why can't that be me at Sydney? blagh :P I know my time will come soon enough, but... argh! /jealous /pine /jealous :P

Congratulations all the same :)

The Beginning

September 29th, 1999 - 'hooked' up with Dave after chatting with him for about a year online.

October 23rd, 2004 - September 29th, 5 years to the day, he proposed to me =D

July 23rd, 2005 - Dave comes over for the wedding on July 27th at the beach :)

Sometime in December, he sends off I-130 to Texas and promptly leaves me in the dark like a mushroom x.X...

The Saga Continues *dumdeduuummm*

August - phone NVC. intriguing :\ Phoned again, ah hah! the truth... no record of us >< losers... Go and visit Dave for 3 months...

End of January, we sent the petition back in again. 2 weeks later, we actually get a number in our hot little hands.

April 5th - NOA2 approved!

April sometime, received and sent back Choice of Agent

May 18th - Received IV Bill

May 28th - Sent IV Bill MO back

June 11th - DS-230 generated

July 12th - Received and sent back DS-230 packet

July 19th - NVC Sent Husband checklist of AoS. They forgot to fill in N/A fills with.... N/A x.X

July 23rd - DS-230 entered

July 26th - NVC received checklist regarding financial suppliment (ie, got a talking to on the phone :P)

August 1st - sent financial papers back

August 3rd - (Automatic msg) Financial records lacking! ARGH!~

August 7th - Received actual fixed paperwork - 'processing'

August 17th - NVC COMPLETED CASE!~

September 10th - Received packet 3

September 17th - Medical in Brisbane

November 14th - Interview VISA GRANTED

December 8th - Landed in USA

December 24th - GreenCard Arrives

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.