aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

WHHHOOOOOO WELOME TO AMERICA TAMZO...

glad your POE was painless..which airline did you go with...what a bummer getting a cold..thats all the stress of the flights and the visa journey doing that to ya...take plenty of vitamins mate

when you getting married ...and where.. i got a friend that is visiting her fiance in Raleigh NC at the moment she is an aussie from melb...you anywhere near there...

next step you gotta look at is your AOS mate..more bloody forms to fill out lol

WHHOOOOO TO YOU SHARYNA ON THE 2ND TOUCH FINGERS CROSSED FOR YOU THAT ITS GOING BE A SOON APPROVAL MATE

Hi ya girlfromoz...how you doing..so ya enjoyed the ball game then huh....did ya take some pics .. glad you enjoyed yourselves... hows the job hunting going...im still enjoying volunteering its good to get out...have you started your AOS forms yet mate...ohhh the joys...if ya need any help give me a yell that goes for you too tamzo...

Hey hammy how you doing...what ya doing in your spare time..will you be looking for work over here mate..

hi vylex...how much longer do you think yours will take to be approved with PRIS being approved eairler this month...

hope it dont take too much longer for you...

take care you lot

kath

Edited by Kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline
MOONIE AND KEVIN CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR APPROVAL!!!! THAT IS WONDERFUL NEWS!!! :D !

Hey Priscilla, the baseball game was great fun! The SF Giants killed the CO Rockies so we were the only ones cheering lol. I wasnt ready for a rendition of 'Take me out to the Ballgame' the whole crowd sang was just so cute...oh, oh and the food...we just had so much fun....I think I am just happy being married and hanging out together too, it's nice to feel contentment....you will be next.

We don't have wedding photos yet cause we didn't have a ceremony, so didn't wear out wedding outfits...we are going to get some professional pics done in a few weeks and have a special little ceremony. Will probably do it at a little old B&B somewhere in Manatou Springs.

Hey Kath, how is your job going??

Well I am addicted to Cheese-its..not sure how it happened lol :wacko: I need a job so I can stop eating! :blush:

Hey Paul, you settling in ok??

Hi Sharyna....oooo...souns like you are getting close if you had a touch...hope you get news soon!

Oh Oh I forgot to say...I got my Social Security Number in the mail yesterday. Paul that may be of particular interest to you....it took only 5days. :)

Hi Lyndel :thumbs:

Yes am settling in so far so good.. hopefully like you, I will recieve my SSN # soon.

That way I can complete Online Job Applications,

as most places I apply for online won't let you fill them out without,

You being able to fill out your SSN#.. :ranting::protest: ..

Hopefully soon though it will arrive,

Incase it doesn't arrive between now and Thursday,

Cheryl and I asked the Lady at SS if she can do Me a Temp Card,

with my SSN# on it, So I will be able to apply for online jobs.

Hard to do much during the day..(weekdays) when only having one car.

And I need a car to go for work interviews..

I don't know about Colorado.. But here in Massachusetts they don't give them away lol :wacko:

Well regarding pictures Lyndel... :idea: .. How about just getting a few taken,

with a Digital Camera normally without the use of airbrush lol :girlwerewolf2xn: .. joking :lol:

Just you and Jake normal everyday pictures :goofy: ...

Well best get back to doing my Domestic Chores.. Today It's Vaccuuming :dancing:

Go The RED SOX :pop:

Cheers

Paul

Edited by hampster

"To love someone deeply gives you strength.

Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu

WHHHOOOOOO WELOME TO AMERICA TAMZO...

glad your POE was painless..which airline did you go with...what a bummer getting a cold..thats all the stress of the flights and the visa journey doing that to ya...take plenty of vitamins mate

when you getting married ...and where.. i got a friend that is visiting her fiance in Raleigh NC at the moment she is an aussie from melb...you anywhere near there...

next step you gotta look at is your AOS mate..more bloody forms to fill out lol

WHHOOOOO TO YOU SHARYNA ON THE 2ND TOUCH FINGERS CROSSED FOR YOU THAT ITS GOING BE A SOON APPROVAL MATE

Hi ya girlfromoz...how you doing..so ya enjoyed the ball game then huh....did ya take some pics .. glad you enjoyed yourselves... hows the job hunting going...im still enjoying volunteering its good to get out...have you started your AOS forms yet mate...ohhh the joys...if ya need any help give me a yell that goes for you too tamzo...

Hey hammy how you doing...what ya doing in your spare time..will you be looking for work over here mate..

hi vylex...how much longer do you think yours will take to be approved with PRIS being approved eairler this month...

take care you lot

kath

Hey Kath, How Is Ya?

Am Doing Great Thanks and hopefully You and Everyone

else on here is doing Great as well :thumbs:

As Said in Previous Post to Lyndel.. Just waiting on SSN# to be able to finish

Online Job Applications.. and not having a 2nd car .. may be a problem,

as well as Having to Re Sit My Driving and Motorcycle Licence here..

But I am keeping my self busy reading the DMV DRIVING LAWS OF Massachusetts.

Interesting reading :reading: ...

On the Weekend, Cheryl and I went to New Hampshire for a few hours,

Just for a drive to show me around.. ohh and to get us some tax free Smokes :dance::blush::devil:

And some grocery Shopping .. in Farmers Market.. I liked it shopping is Good Therapy lol

Had a look at the Freeway/Turnpike driving.. and reminds me of

Sydney on Friday night before A LONG WEEKEND.. :blink:

But all good.. won't take me long to pick up

the Massachusetts Driving Attitude :ranting::oops: hehe..

Ok well time for me to Vaccuumm Cheryls Cat :sleepy::rolleyes: ..

Cheers and Good Luck to One and All

Paul

Edited by hampster

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hammy don't vacuum the cat...jeeeze!!!! lmao

In that regard.....Jake's mum sent us a super fantastic vacuum cleaner in our wedding pressies and now I have a strange fascination with getting our carpet super duper clean lol :wacko: I am becoming obsessive with house work.....ARRGGHH!!!!.....I need a job!!!!

19 Apr 07: ARRIVED JFK POE and got the temp EAD stamp!!!!

27 Apr 07: Got Married

14 May 07: Received SSN

04 June 07: GOT A JOB!!

16 June 07: Wedding Reception in San Francisco

13 August 07: Got new EAD

23 November 07: Adjustment of Status approved

25 December 07: First white Christmas EVER!!!!

27 Apr 08: First Wedding Anniversary

4 July 08: Mt Rushmore for 4th July

27 April 09: Second Wedding Anniversary

October 09: Hoping to visit Australia

Hammy don't vacuum the cat...jeeeze!!!! lmao

In that regard.....Jake's mum sent us a super fantastic vacuum cleaner in our wedding pressies and now I have a strange fascination with getting our carpet super duper clean lol :wacko: I am becoming obsessive with house work.....ARRGGHH!!!!.....I need a job!!!!

Ohhhhh Ok spoil my fun Lyndel re vaccy the cat lmao :jest:

I wouldn't harm her cat she has had him for nearly 12 years since a kitty cat :luv:

And he has taken too me straight away which is a good sign :thumbs:

So Lyndel how you going to go sitting for your car licence all over again..

I though I might get away with just my Aussie Licence.. and Maybe

A International Permit.. but by law here you have to have a Massachusetts Licence,

And Insurance otherwise you will be in trouuuuuble :angry:

And being a "New Driver" over here we will be put on the Higher Insurance bracket ffs!

Prolly a step 15 what I can figure out..

Hands Lyndel.. a feather duster (and says.. you missed a spot over--------> there :oops:

Cheers

Paul

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Ha, ha funny man! That made me laugh so hard!!! :lol: be careful of getting the cat's tail caught in the power head of the vacuum! Just kidding! :P Our cat has a fascination for the bath tap I just turn in on a little bit and he stays in there playing in the water....go figure! lol

In Colorado you don't need the international driving permit, as long as you carry your Aussie license you can drive for 3mths then you have to sit a written exam. Not sure if you get treated like a new driver or not...will look it up.

I have applied to every job known to man.....have approached employment agencies and IT Companies directly. This getting a job thing is really frustrating...grrrr! :angry: I so badly want to get out of the house and talk to other humans instead of the cat!! :wacko:

19 Apr 07: ARRIVED JFK POE and got the temp EAD stamp!!!!

27 Apr 07: Got Married

14 May 07: Received SSN

04 June 07: GOT A JOB!!

16 June 07: Wedding Reception in San Francisco

13 August 07: Got new EAD

23 November 07: Adjustment of Status approved

25 December 07: First white Christmas EVER!!!!

27 Apr 08: First Wedding Anniversary

4 July 08: Mt Rushmore for 4th July

27 April 09: Second Wedding Anniversary

October 09: Hoping to visit Australia

Ha, ha funny man! That made me laugh so hard!!! :lol: be careful of getting the cat's tail caught in the power head of the vacuum! Just kidding! :P Our cat has a fascination for the bath tap I just turn in on a little bit and he stays in there playing in the water....go figure! lol

In Colorado you don't need the international driving permit, as long as you carry your Aussie license you can drive for 3mths then you have to sit a written exam. Not sure if you get treated like a new driver or not...will look it up.

I have applied to every job known to man.....have approached employment agencies and IT Companies directly. This getting a job thing is really frustrating...grrrr! :angry: I so badly want to get out of the house and talk to other humans instead of the cat!! :wacko:

Yeah can relate to being frustrated.. re work..

I need a car to get around town as where we live isn't on a bus route :wacko:

And most places of interest Job wise are

off the turnpike/interstate and between 6 - 15 miles away.. go figure..

I don't care what I do for work as long as i work..

Might even apply at Home Depot only down the road just over a mile or so walk.

But again still gotta wait for SSN#.. if it doesn't come in the mail by thursday arvo,

Cheryl will drive me down to hopefully pick up a Temp Card / Letter,

stating my SSN# at least then I can complete online applications.

I THINK THE CAT HERE MIGHT NEED A AUSSIE TRANSLATOR TO UNDERSTAND ME :lol:

Cheers

Paul

Edited by hampster

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

take care you lot

kath

WELCOME TO ALL YOU OZ TRANSPLANTS!!!! It's great to hear everyone excited about coming to the US and reuniting with their loved ones.

Kath, I am praying it will be approved before the end of this month. A few of us Jan/Feb filers have been transferred to CSC. One other member that filed in Feb with the VSC received the NOA2. I am praying my NOA2 comes shortly. A few of us had the same touch pattern. I hope the case is being worked. My hopes are high right now, especially with another fellow Ameri-stralian couple recently receiving their NOA2. ;)

I-130

02/17/2007 - I-130 Express Mailed to VSC via USPS. (ETA 2/19/2007)

02/22/2007 - I-130 received by VSC.

06/12/2007 - NOA2 approval email received!!!

06/15/2007 - NOA2 letter received in the mail.

NVC

06/19/2007 - NVC receives case and assigns a case number!

08/27/2007 - CASE COMPLETE!!!!

09/06/2007 - Case forwarded to Sydney

09/14/2007 - Wife receives Packet 3. Received NVC letter confirming case forward to Sydney.

10/26/2007 - Interview - VISA GRANTED!!!!! WOOO WOOO!!!!!!

11/18/2007 - Enter the US via LAX (POE). No issues thankfully. 20 minutes of processing.

11/30/2007 - Welcome letter (two of them) received.

12/19/2007 - CR-1 Green Card received.

USCIS - I-751

09/23/2009 - Express Mailed Removal of Conditions application

09/24/2009 - USPS confirmed delivery to VSC

09/29/2009 - Check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2009 - Received NOA I-797C dated 09/25/2009

10/10/2009 - Received Biometric appt letter for 10/29/2009

10/29/2009 - Biometrics taken. Whole process took about 40 min including the wait

12/22/2009 - Approved for ROC!

01/08/2010 - Received text and email: Card production ordered

01/15/2010 - Received Green Card in the mail!

USCIS - N-400

04/22/2011 - Express Mailed Application for Naturalization

04/27/2011 - Check cashed by USCIS

04/28/2011 - Received NOA I-797C dated 04/26/2011

05/27/2011 - Biometrics taken. Process took approx 35 min with wait

07/29/2011 - Received Interview Appt letter scheduled for 09/01/2011 dated 07/26/2011

09/01/2011 - Interview and Oath. Now a USC! The VJ is over!

i have to ring the medical centre today to see if they have my results back.. according to the doctor he said it would take a couple of days......

rang the police station... most funny..... they told me to ring 10 minutes before i arrived so that they could tell me if they had someone in custody or not..... i thought it was funny..... but obviously its "dangerous" having someone go in for fingerprints and they have someone in custody......

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
rang the police station... most funny..... they told me to ring 10 minutes before i arrived so that they could tell me if they had someone in custody or not..... i thought it was funny..... but obviously its "dangerous" having someone go in for fingerprints and they have someone in custody......

Same thing for me Sharyna... only trouble is, I called 3 times and all 3 times they DID have someone in custody. The third time I got fed up and said "Is there ANY other way I can do this?" and they said "actually, you can book on Sundays". I guess there isn't much crime on Sundays ;) ;). But anyway, thats what I ended up doing, I booked for 4PM the following Sunday and thats when I turned up and had the prints done. Easy. Don't forget the form and the fee, which has to be in cash. I thought it was so cool that my local police station was back in the dark ages with one of those old school receipt books. Thats why its cash only, everything has to be hand-done. So quaint! :blush:

oh and i wanted to tell everyone..

we got the NOA2!!!!

yay!!

so i'm waiting for the medical centre to call me back to see if the results are in....

and jezz.... i'll ring them and ask them if i can go in on a sunday...... i'm sure they work sundays right? ;-)

Timeline

My dear Kevin booked his flight and he will officially land in Houston at 4:46 pm on June 8th. :dance:

I have so much to do..he had a time getting a ticket I think he is flying with American. Prices were not as low as he would have liked but those are the breaks.

oh and i wanted to tell everyone..

we got the NOA2!!!!

yay!!

so i'm waiting for the medical centre to call me back to see if the results are in....

and jezz.... i'll ring them and ask them if i can go in on a sunday...... i'm sure they work sundays right? ;-)

Congrats on your NOA2! :thumbs::dance:(F)

11/27/2006 Filed I-129F

12/01/06 received at CSC NOA1

12/09/06 checked cleared

02/28/07 touched!

02/28/07 NOA2 via email 3 of them!!!!

03/01/07 touched

03/09/07 NOA2 received via snail mail

03/20/07 Received email from Sydney that packet 3 should be mailed out tomorrow

03/26/07 Fiance received packet 3

4/26/07 Fiance medical appointment

5/01/07 New date of medical appointment

5/14/07 Fiance interview date!

VISA APPROVED!

6/8/07 My fiance arrives in America

7/14/07 Wedding day!

omg omg things are moving along for us aussies....

whooo hoooo sharyna fantastic news on the APPROVAL .....

this is has been a good month ...

girlfromoz arriving over here

hammy arriving over here

tamzo arriving over here

rings and look together for a visit

pris getting NOA2

sharyna getting NOA2

moonie and keving going to be reunited in june

smiling big time here for you all...you all should be very proud of yourselves getting through these waiting days is hard and all of you that are waiting are doing a great job of being patient..

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE

OI OI OI

take care

kath

PS i had terrible thought i missed out on someone ..if i did will ya just yell loudly at me so i can hear ya lol

Edited by Kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Timeline

I want to know has Hammy been in the kitchen cooking up the sweets? 15.gif

11/27/2006 Filed I-129F

12/01/06 received at CSC NOA1

12/09/06 checked cleared

02/28/07 touched!

02/28/07 NOA2 via email 3 of them!!!!

03/01/07 touched

03/09/07 NOA2 received via snail mail

03/20/07 Received email from Sydney that packet 3 should be mailed out tomorrow

03/26/07 Fiance received packet 3

4/26/07 Fiance medical appointment

5/01/07 New date of medical appointment

5/14/07 Fiance interview date!

VISA APPROVED!

6/8/07 My fiance arrives in America

7/14/07 Wedding day!

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline
Hey Priscilla, the baseball game was great fun! The SF Giants killed the CO Rockies so we were the only ones cheering lol. I wasnt ready for a rendition of 'Take me out to the Ballgame' the whole crowd sang was just so cute...oh, oh and the food...we just had so much fun....I think I am just happy being married and hanging out together too, it's nice to feel contentment....you will be next.

We don't have wedding photos yet cause we didn't have a ceremony, so didn't wear out wedding outfits...we are going to get some professional pics done in a few weeks and have a special little ceremony. Will probably do it at a little old B&B somewhere in Manatou Springs.

Hey Lyndel! lol.. the baseball; how funny. You sound all loved up..yay! :luv: That sounds lovely, will be looking forward to the pics then.

Congrats on your NOA2 Sharyna :dance:

Paul, you crack me the hell up..! I can send you the invitation to clean our place when we get there too if you like; you sound like a pro! :P

Have my doctors appointment booked for Wed June 6...someone's going to be pulling a sickie.. :yes: Reckon I'm gonna be needin all the needles as my family were health nuts and I only had Rhubella growing up that I recall...ahhhh.. :help:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.