aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

RINGS....

WAY COOL YOUR GOING TO GET, WELL YOU KNOW!!! LOL...I'M DEFINATELY JEALOUS..BUT HAPPY FOR YA TOO....JUST WANTED TO POP IN AND SAY THANKS FOR THE INFO IN THE PRIVATE MSGS...I TALKED TO RON JUST A LIL BIT AGO AND WE DISSCUSED SOME OF THE OPTIONS WE HAVE AND WE BOTH ARE THINKING GETTING MARRIED OVER THERE IS DEF. THE WAY TO GO FOR US...SO NOW AT LEAST WE HAVE AN IDEA OF WHERE TO START....JUST GOTTA FIND SOME DAMN $$$$$ TO GET ME OVER THERE AND 2 WEEKS WORTH OF WAGES TO COVER MY BUM WHILE IM THERE...AHHH!! I'M JUST GLAD WE ARE DISCUSSING OUR OPTIONS AND ACTUALLY GONNA START MAKING THIS HAPPEN.

OK, OK, WE ALSO DISCUSSED.....

READY FOR THIS..HAHAHA!!!

WHATS BETTER?

PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY

OR

VEGGEMITE

WE HAD A GOOD OLE LAUGH :lol: ABOUT THAT ONE..I TOLD HIM I WAS GONNA TAKE A POLE ON THE FORUM TO FIND OUT...

SO ANYONE THAT WANTS TO LEAVE THERE COMMENTS ABOUT PB & J OR VEGEMITE..PLEASE DO SO..TRY AND HELP LIGHTEN UP THE INTENSITY AROUND HERE PHEWWWW...AND I'VE ONLY JUST BEGUN ALL THIS STUFF..HAHAHA!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE SOUNDS LIKE THERE IS ALOT HAPPENING THIS WEEK FOR A FEW OF YOU....

AND RINGS...TRUST ME WE ALL CAN RELATE TO THAT MSG UP THERE...HEHEHEHE!

KATRINA.. AKA CHEESE AND KISSES

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzgmTUVUK01ZK0hVTktBK0hVTktBK0JVUk5JTkcrTE9WRS4uLiZGRkZGRkYmRkZGRkZGJjE0JjEwJmMmMCYxOCY5JjIwMDYmMjMmMzYmODUzNTk2MDAxMTc4NDMzMzgyLic=.gif

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

THANKS!!! Sharyna, Hampster, patriciaofoz, jltan100, Rings, meowgirl and of course thanks Kath. Thanks for your well wishes and all your support and helpful advice guys. It’s very much appreciated :)

My consulate review is up. It’s too long (and dare I say boring) to post here, so if you’re interested head over to the review page to check it out. I have to say my experience was a 5 out of 5 experience. It was pretty quick and all the people I met from the security guys on level 10 all the way through to my interviewee were very friendly and approachable and not intimidating at all.

After I posted up my review I remembered a few more questions that she asked me, including “When do we plan to get married?” which I think was the first question and a couple more questions about wedding plans and dates. I had to say that we planned to get married pretty much straight away after I get to the US but that no dates are set in stone yet since we were told not to make plans until after the interview. Also the fact that his family is really keen for us to do a ceremony in his hometown which wasn’t the initial plan, since we were going to come back to Australia for a reception at a later date. (I’m pretty sure I babbled all of this to the interviewer too.)

Thats really great Jess!! :) CONGRATULATIONS!! :)

I take it you didn't need the 2nd Affidavit of Support?

Where abouts in USA are you heading to?

Hi! I’m heading to Maryland I July, you can find our place in space on the Aussies map to see exactly where in Maryland home is.

As for your question about a second Affidavit of Support… nope, I only needed the one I-134 along with its supporting documentation. Maybe I confused you because a couple of weeks ago I was saying that I was waiting for Tony to send me his notorized tax print out as the last thing I needed for the interview. He had already sent me the I-134, employment record and tax print out but he only had the first two notorized so he had to send it again to me after getting it notorized.

whooo hooooo jess congrats to you on a succesful interview..dont forget to put in your interview review mate..

are you going back tomorrow for it or getting it posted ...did they ask you if you had a choice?

was expecting alot more details jess lol stir stir

Thanks Kath! I hope you enjoy my interview review :D Since it was on Friday I wouldn’t be able to go back for it till Monday anyway. For me, getting it posted to me is easier than trekking all the way back into the city (I live about an hour and a half+ by public transport outside the city centre). They told me it’d be sent on Monday or Tuesday so I guess I’m expecting it Tuesday or Wednesday. (I’m a little excited)

I did have a choice and could have picked it up if I wanted, but since I had my big yellow satchel there it was obvious that I wanted it posted. My interviewee handed me a slip of paper at the end called “Instructions for receiving your immigrant visa”. It says “You have two options for receiving your visa” and outlines the via mail option (including instructions on where to purchase a satchel and who to give it to when you return if you didn’t bring one with you). The second option was to come back the following business day between 3.30 and 4.00 to come in and pick it up in person. My interviewee had ticked the box next to via mail.

Oh, and expect A LOT of details in my interview review Kath! You will NOT be disappointed ;) stir. ;)

Good luck Paul! I’m so excited for you! Enjoy your reunion with your wife! You deserve it after all this time! Wishing you a safe journey and a smooth POE and adjustment to the great land Up Over!

Good luck to you guys too Rings and Loke. Have an awesome time together you guys and savour ever moment. I know you will! :) And if I didn’t know it already… Rings… thanks for posting and making it clear for us all ;):D jk, it was awesome. Have a great time!

And best of luck to everyone else on their various stages of this crazy Visa Journey!!!

Timeline

Hi Katrina!

I'm really sorry to say it but... I'm a turn coat. I hate vegemite so PB&J wins in my book.... mmmmm PB&J. I've made it before a handful of times with seedless blackberry jam... it was amazing, but definately not a staple... more of a personal experiment.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks you guys you rock! lol

GO PEANUT BUTTER & JELLY!

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

YAY JESS! I was MIA all weekend, but such good news.

I vote PB and J....stewart votes just PB

What's with Fairy Bread??? I have NEVER heard of that until I met Stewart!

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey All,

BIG CONGRATS TO JESS!!!! YAY!!!! :D bet you are over the moon!

Paul sending you hugs...safe journey and happy reunion with northern girl! Don't forget to pack some choccy!

Happy reunion to you Rings and Loke, hope you have the most wonderful time together!

Hey Kath, still here just am madly applying for jobs and spending a lot of time with Jake. Hope you and Rob are well and happy and yr job is going well. I love being married and in the same country! :yes: To all those married and doing it long distance..I wish you a speedy reunion and visa journey!

Adjusting to the food...so rich! Applied for my SSN and now working on AOS. Ew ew ew ew...I hate paperwork!

Cheers

Lyndel

19 Apr 07: ARRIVED JFK POE and got the temp EAD stamp!!!!

27 Apr 07: Got Married

14 May 07: Received SSN

04 June 07: GOT A JOB!!

16 June 07: Wedding Reception in San Francisco

13 August 07: Got new EAD

23 November 07: Adjustment of Status approved

25 December 07: First white Christmas EVER!!!!

27 Apr 08: First Wedding Anniversary

4 July 08: Mt Rushmore for 4th July

27 April 09: Second Wedding Anniversary

October 09: Hoping to visit Australia

Hi everyone,

I just found out my husband in CA has received docs from Sydney. He said that the case number is the same as what the NVC assigned us. Does this sound right? It is for CR-1.

thanks, and congrats to all who have recently received their visa's!!

11-05-06 Sent I-130 to California

06-01-07 INTERVIEW

06-04-07 Received VISA in the mail. Silly Consulate issued me CR-1 instead of IR-1, no time to change it in Australia, will try to change it once in California.

06-10-07 POE SFO

06-21-07 Receive SSN#

07-12-07 Receive Green Card in the mail STILL HAD CR1 INSTEAD OF IR1

12-10-07 Finally sent I-90 asking for a new green card with correct info.

06-17-08 INFOPASS - Was told USCIS sent new green card to old address back in Jan. Will resend it but may not be able to correct error as it was made by Consulate not USCIS.

What to do now??

Timeline

It sure does! Your case number stays the same all the way through :)

Thanks for the congrats :)

Congratulations to you also! Getting the package from Sydney is really exciting!

Edited by jezz85

hi everyone i'm confused...

btw congrats to all who have visas and noa2's!!

if your moving to the US.. would the embassy from sydney send something to your other half in the US? (who made the petition?)

if so - why?..

if not ... then just give me some peanut butter lol

hi sharyna

when your pettition is sent to sydney from NVC they then send the packet 3 to the the aussie...then you send the necessary forms back saying you are ready for your interview then you (aussie) receives the packet 4 which is your interview date and what to bring to the interview..

ohh by the way katrina...robbie is the peanutbutter and jelly nut in this family...i use to have peanut butter on toast ..but the bread isnt that great and your peanut butter is too creamy comapared to the aussie type...even the crunchy is too many peanuts in um lol...

congrats hollywood on getting your packet in the mail your on your way now to organising your interview date...

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Hi Kath,

What is this check list?? My husband only received a bunch of medical forms (which he is priority mailing me) and a cover letter that has my case number SYD.......... and my interview date and time. There is no mention of sending anything back to the Consulate, only to bring it all with me to my interview.

11-05-06 Sent I-130 to California

06-01-07 INTERVIEW

06-04-07 Received VISA in the mail. Silly Consulate issued me CR-1 instead of IR-1, no time to change it in Australia, will try to change it once in California.

06-10-07 POE SFO

06-21-07 Receive SSN#

07-12-07 Receive Green Card in the mail STILL HAD CR1 INSTEAD OF IR1

12-10-07 Finally sent I-90 asking for a new green card with correct info.

06-17-08 INFOPASS - Was told USCIS sent new green card to old address back in Jan. Will resend it but may not be able to correct error as it was made by Consulate not USCIS.

What to do now??

thanks Kath!!

seems i only rear my head when i'm confused!

lol.... i'm actually also hanging out on the feb fliers thread as a heap of applicants are getting NOA2'S! which is good news for everyone!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.