aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I am so glad to come here and see how everyone is progressing. Things are doing well for us too. Sorry i haven't been around much, but I will be looking in here more often now that Loke is always working (both sad and happy I suppose)

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Welcome :) Which part of Melbourne are you from? I'm a Melbournian also (Elwood), but I'm going for permanant residency- CR-1/IR-1. I can tell you tho that getting the fingerprint police check is very easy; you just ring for an appointment (check the vicpolice website for that) at the Flinders Street address - World Trade Centre really and it gets sent to you about two weeks later max and $120 later.

People here will tell you where to find which vaccinations you need, I'm actually doing that at the moment and I'm not sure where I've put it or found it to be honest, so I will be reading along to make sure.

Welcome and feel free to share how you met etc....:)

Hi Poi_n_J, nice to meet you! Thanks for the info on the police check. I will keep it in mind as I plan out my time before interview. Hopefully not too long till then!!

I'm from the east side of Melbourne (Rowville). I dont think i've been to Elwood before but i've certainly heard of it.

I met my fiance 3 years and 3 months ago now. We both happened to be on the same contiki tour in New Zealand and thats how we met. He was based in Sydney at the time and so we travelled to and from to see each other for the first 2 years of our relationsip. I guess you could say we are pros now at long distance. He moved to Melbourne in our third year together but unfortunately due to home sickness and his visa expiring, he had to go back to the states - hence why we are doing this. We could have tied the knot earlier but i guess we wanted to make sure this is what we both want and the best way of doing it is to be apart for a bit. Its hard when you are both from two different parts of the world. I'm sure everyone here appreciates that. The good thing is that i went to Boston (where he is) for a week during Christmas just passed and i helped him clean our future apartment together and helped pick out furniture. It makes it easier knowing where you will be living etc.

I am very new to this site so i hope everyone will share their experiences with me - that is, how you all met, what kinds of visas you are all going for and the ups and downs of this journey.

On the lighter note - for those that are already in USA, do they sell Milo there?? haha.

Jo

15/02/07: Sent in I-129F form

21/02/07: NOA1 received

24/02/07: Touched

14/03/07: Touched

15/03/07: Touched

20/03/07: NOA2 received - Approval Email

21/03/07: Touched

23/03/07: NOA2 received via snail mail

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline
Hi Poi_n_J, nice to meet you! Thanks for the info on the police check. I will keep it in mind as I plan out my time before interview. Hopefully not too long till then!!

I'm from the east side of Melbourne (Rowville). I dont think i've been to Elwood before but i've certainly heard of it.

I met my fiance 3 years and 3 months ago now. We both happened to be on the same contiki tour in New Zealand and thats how we met. He was based in Sydney at the time and so we travelled to and from to see each other for the first 2 years of our relationsip. I guess you could say we are pros now at long distance. He moved to Melbourne in our third year together but unfortunately due to home sickness and his visa expiring, he had to go back to the states - hence why we are doing this. We could have tied the knot earlier but i guess we wanted to make sure this is what we both want and the best way of doing it is to be apart for a bit. Its hard when you are both from two different parts of the world. I'm sure everyone here appreciates that. The good thing is that i went to Boston (where he is) for a week during Christmas just passed and i helped him clean our future apartment together and helped pick out furniture. It makes it easier knowing where you will be living etc.

I am very new to this site so i hope everyone will share their experiences with me - that is, how you all met, what kinds of visas you are all going for and the ups and downs of this journey.

On the lighter note - for those that are already in USA, do they sell Milo there?? haha.

Jo

Hi Jo,

I forgot to add you can get the Police Check asap as it is valid for a year..!

I know where Rowville is but it's been a while since I've been in that direction; I work on St Kilda Road. It is always wonderful hearing everyone's story here as they are all so different and interesting. I hear what you say; at the beginning of ours I would think to myself - trust me to fall in love with someone over the other side of the world; as if I haven't had enough challenges...lol.

I don't believe I've told my story on here: J and I met on an astrology forum of which he was a member of for a few years and I about a year - one that has become a 'family' of sorts to both of us; that is to say we knew of each other by username only and even then not really because our first impressions of the other weren't very apealing lol.. One day by chance I saw him in the live room of which there was only one shared one and decided to go in to say hello as he appeared as bored as I was at the time..sparks flew and from msn to phone calls over a couple of weeks the plane ticket was sought after and I landed in Arizona seven weeks later, after the best two weeks of my life with another we decided to go for the visa which was the best way to be together asap.. :luv:

Hey Rings!

Good to 'see' you....soz to hear Loke will be working more...but your journey seems to be progressing quite well; hopefully it won't be too long. :)

Cheers,

Pris.

Edited by Poi_n_J

Timeline

Hi Jo,

Welcome to the Aussie Forum! Everyone is great in here, very supportive so feel free to ask if you need any information. :) Btw I used to live in Boronia not far from you. Am living in Canberra with my parents now until I go in April!!! Yay!! :D

The Police Certificate can take up to 3 weeks to process and in some states (like mine ACT) it can also take about 3 weeks to get an appointment for finger printing, so that's 6 weeks in total. Well that's how long mine took. The medical only took about 2 weeks from the time I had my appointment to when I had the report in my hands.

Both yours and Pris's stories of how you met are lovely. It's funny how things happen, I love hearing how couples have met on here.

Cheers

Lyndel

19 Apr 07: ARRIVED JFK POE and got the temp EAD stamp!!!!

27 Apr 07: Got Married

14 May 07: Received SSN

04 June 07: GOT A JOB!!

16 June 07: Wedding Reception in San Francisco

13 August 07: Got new EAD

23 November 07: Adjustment of Status approved

25 December 07: First white Christmas EVER!!!!

27 Apr 08: First Wedding Anniversary

4 July 08: Mt Rushmore for 4th July

27 April 09: Second Wedding Anniversary

October 09: Hoping to visit Australia

Timeline

Hi Rings,

How are things progressing for you? Is it warming up in Colorado yet? I can't wait only 3 weeks to go until I am there!! :D

19 Apr 07: ARRIVED JFK POE and got the temp EAD stamp!!!!

27 Apr 07: Got Married

14 May 07: Received SSN

04 June 07: GOT A JOB!!

16 June 07: Wedding Reception in San Francisco

13 August 07: Got new EAD

23 November 07: Adjustment of Status approved

25 December 07: First white Christmas EVER!!!!

27 Apr 08: First Wedding Anniversary

4 July 08: Mt Rushmore for 4th July

27 April 09: Second Wedding Anniversary

October 09: Hoping to visit Australia

Filed: Timeline

Hi To all new Visa Journey Members,

Please take a seat and our waitress will be past soon,

to take your order... :lol:

Feel free to try our Complimentary Nuts... :wacko:

Can't wait for a comment on that one lmao :lol:

Welcome to our little nuthouse :huh:

Cheers

Paul

"To love someone deeply gives you strength.

Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

They do sell Milo in the states...it's not the same...but they do!

My sister in law is addicted to the stuff.

Now, onto important matters...MY CRICKET UPDATE!

There were HEAPS of Aussies there. We stayed in the same hotel as the team so we saw them EVERYWHERE! My BIL got directions to the toilet from Hayden, Stew shook Husseys hand, my SIL got a photo with Tait and Gilly...and the CROWNING acheivment!!!! I HAD MY PHOTO TAKEN WITH ANDREW SYMONDS!!!! I just about died.

The match itself was great. We won! I am tan. Will post the photo with symo soon :)

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Hey Moonie,

Soz work is givin you da shts, I know all about that; sometimes you just gotta keep moving till you find the most suitable one...keep your objective in mind and you will be right; find something you do like about it no matter how small and hang in there...it'll all fall into place in time..

Yes my focus has to be on finding somewhere else that better suits my talents. I walked in this morning I left early Friday and this place looks a mess. I am not even going to touch it. Not going to let what other's do stress me.

But in good news. I got a text at 3 something in the morning that my sweetie received his packet 3. He said it is all confusing. LOL I think it is cute. I told him just take one thing at a time.

11/27/2006 Filed I-129F

12/01/06 received at CSC NOA1

12/09/06 checked cleared

02/28/07 touched!

02/28/07 NOA2 via email 3 of them!!!!

03/01/07 touched

03/09/07 NOA2 received via snail mail

03/20/07 Received email from Sydney that packet 3 should be mailed out tomorrow

03/26/07 Fiance received packet 3

4/26/07 Fiance medical appointment

5/01/07 New date of medical appointment

5/14/07 Fiance interview date!

VISA APPROVED!

6/8/07 My fiance arrives in America

7/14/07 Wedding day!

hi ya all

first off welcome Jo glad you could join us...if you go to the embassey info at the top of the page there is heaps of info there..and a list of doctors for melbourne too...the doc in melbourne is good..after the medical the receptionist will see if they can get you in for your x ray which is at the top of collins street...you can pick up the medical results from his office a few days later...he will give you a full copy of the medical report also..keep this as you need the vaccination sheet for your AOS...

police checks they go up in price on the 1st july each year so hopefully you can get that organised before then..

anything else you wanna know just post it...im sure someone on here will be gladly to help out..

hampster...you would go well in a chatroom with your humour mate...i go into icq chatroom an our own one ...

not long now for you for your interview...good luck to you...how many times have you gone through all that paper work lol...hell i cant remember how many times i did that...even before we left the hotel i went through it lol..and while sitting waiting for my number to come up lol...

caroline hiiiiiiiiii how you doing....hell your hooked on cricket...what ya like on the footy ... lol...glady you enjoyed yourself and got photo's with the guys...your still smiling about it arent ya lol...

lyndel good to hear that all went well and your at least eating something...take care and dont forget to not laugh lol..or talk for that matter...hehehehe...not long for you either to be jetting over here...dont forget to pack your supplies of things u might miss ..

moonie sorry to hear about work...hope you find something better suited soon ... this is a concern to me too..that i will find a job that i wont like..i worked for big w in melbourne and i absolutely loved that job ..i think i was one of the most contented in my job there....

good advice you gave ya sweetie..fill out one form at a time .. re check and re check before sending anything in to the consulate..

hey there pris ...what a lovely story of how u met..fate mate...funny how things works out huh...what start signs are you...hope all is going well there and hubs is enjoying melbourne...never did get to go to the aquirium..ohh ya gotta take him to a footy match before you leave mate...if ya do ..yell at the umpire for me will ya lol...will have to do the internet thing again for the matches and listen to the games on the internet radio stations...sighhh

the weather is warming up here nicely...high of 79f at the moment which is about 26c cant wait for the leaves to come back on the trees had enough of looking at bare branches lol

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Folks,

Just re-iterating what's been going on for the potential DCFers in this thread...

If you are a USC living in Oz with your spouse it looks like DCF is back. However, for the others like me (spouse not living abroad) that were attempting to petition in person at the Consulate, it doesn't look like they offer that favor anymore. I might email them just in case they would let me do it again but here are the details from the Sydney Consulate Website

Filing of Immigrant Visa Petitions in Australia

American citizens, including members of the armed forces, who are resident in Australia may file immigrant visa petitions for immediate relative (IR) classification at the U.S. Consulates General in Melbourne, Sydney, and Perth. The consular officer will determine whether your petition can be adjudicated at the Consulate or whether it will require adjudication by a U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office.

The Consulate General in Melbourne accepts petitions by appointment only. Please e-mail MelbourneACS@state.gov to schedule an appointment to lodge your petition.

The Consulate General in Sydney accepts petitions by appointment on Thursdays (except U.S. and local public holidays) between 8:00am and 11:45am. Please e-mail SydneyPetitions@state.gov to schedule an appointment to lodge your petition.

The Consulate General in Perth accepts petitions on a walk-in basis Monday to Thursday (except U.S. and local public holidays) between 8:30am and 11:30am.

If the petition is approved, your spouse/child/parent will need to complete all documentary requirements, including medical examinations and police clearances, and have an interview with a consular officer in Sydney before an immigrant visa is approved and issued. For information on documentary requirements for U.S. immigrant visas or scheduling appointments at the Consulate, please see below.

For further information on filing immigrant visa petitions, please refer to the USCIS website.

I-130

02/17/2007 - I-130 Express Mailed to VSC via USPS. (ETA 2/19/2007)

02/22/2007 - I-130 received by VSC.

06/12/2007 - NOA2 approval email received!!!

06/15/2007 - NOA2 letter received in the mail.

NVC

06/19/2007 - NVC receives case and assigns a case number!

08/27/2007 - CASE COMPLETE!!!!

09/06/2007 - Case forwarded to Sydney

09/14/2007 - Wife receives Packet 3. Received NVC letter confirming case forward to Sydney.

10/26/2007 - Interview - VISA GRANTED!!!!! WOOO WOOO!!!!!!

11/18/2007 - Enter the US via LAX (POE). No issues thankfully. 20 minutes of processing.

11/30/2007 - Welcome letter (two of them) received.

12/19/2007 - CR-1 Green Card received.

USCIS - I-751

09/23/2009 - Express Mailed Removal of Conditions application

09/24/2009 - USPS confirmed delivery to VSC

09/29/2009 - Check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2009 - Received NOA I-797C dated 09/25/2009

10/10/2009 - Received Biometric appt letter for 10/29/2009

10/29/2009 - Biometrics taken. Whole process took about 40 min including the wait

12/22/2009 - Approved for ROC!

01/08/2010 - Received text and email: Card production ordered

01/15/2010 - Received Green Card in the mail!

USCIS - N-400

04/22/2011 - Express Mailed Application for Naturalization

04/27/2011 - Check cashed by USCIS

04/28/2011 - Received NOA I-797C dated 04/26/2011

05/27/2011 - Biometrics taken. Process took approx 35 min with wait

07/29/2011 - Received Interview Appt letter scheduled for 09/01/2011 dated 07/26/2011

09/01/2011 - Interview and Oath. Now a USC! The VJ is over!

Timeline
Hi Folks,

Just re-iterating what's been going on for the potential DCFers in this thread...

If you are a USC living in Oz with your spouse it looks like DCF is back. However, for the others like me (spouse not living abroad) that were attempting to petition in person at the Consulate, it doesn't look like they offer that favor anymore. I might email them just in case they would let me do it again but here are the details from the Sydney Consulate Website

Filing of Immigrant Visa Petitions in Australia

American citizens, including members of the armed forces, who are resident in Australia may file immigrant visa petitions for immediate relative (IR) classification at the U.S. Consulates General in Melbourne, Sydney, and Perth. The consular officer will determine whether your petition can be adjudicated at the Consulate or whether it will require adjudication by a U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office.

The Consulate General in Melbourne accepts petitions by appointment only. Please e-mail MelbourneACS@state.gov to schedule an appointment to lodge your petition.

The Consulate General in Sydney accepts petitions by appointment on Thursdays (except U.S. and local public holidays) between 8:00am and 11:45am. Please e-mail SydneyPetitions@state.gov to schedule an appointment to lodge your petition.

The Consulate General in Perth accepts petitions on a walk-in basis Monday to Thursday (except U.S. and local public holidays) between 8:30am and 11:30am.

If the petition is approved, your spouse/child/parent will need to complete all documentary requirements, including medical examinations and police clearances, and have an interview with a consular officer in Sydney before an immigrant visa is approved and issued. For information on documentary requirements for U.S. immigrant visas or scheduling appointments at the Consulate, please see below.

For further information on filing immigrant visa petitions, please refer to the USCIS website.

Oh my Gawd, oh my Gawd oh my Gawd oh my gawd..............!!!! :o *Just breathe*......

Thank you so much for that, have emailed the Melbourne Consulate already asking for interview times available. You have just made my day and Js when I tell him..We may get to fly back together after all...!!! *fingers crossed*

Am booking in to the doctors as we speak ...lol.. the race is on...

hi ya pris

thought i heard someone screaming oh my gawd lol thought i would drop in lol

yeah i said the same thing but not so many times hehehe....fingers crossed that you get an email from melbourne with a positive outcome mate...

if this is correct it will help greatly for you aussie's having your husbands there with you...

good luck pris everything crossed for you and jake...just wondering about the residency thing for jake..??

American citizens, including members of the armed forces, who are resident in Australia may file immigrant visa petitions for immediate relative (IR) classification at the U.S. Consulates General in Melbourne, Sydney, and Perth.

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

2nd December..

Timeline
hi ya pris

thought i heard someone screaming oh my gawd lol thought i would drop in lol

yeah i said the same thing but not so many times hehehe....fingers crossed that you get an email from melbourne with a positive outcome mate...

if this is correct it will help greatly for you aussie's having your husbands there with you...

good luck pris everything crossed for you and jake...just wondering about the residency thing for jake..??

American citizens, including members of the armed forces, who are resident in Australia may file immigrant visa petitions for immediate relative (IR) classification at the U.S. Consulates General in Melbourne, Sydney, and Perth.

take care

kath

Lol..I know I shouldn't get my hopes up just yet but...one can only hope!

Well he is a resident here as in he goes to school here and has an address here so..*fingers crossed*

Will let you know....

Timeline

Damn.... :cry:

Media Note

Office of the Spokesman

Washington, DC

March 21, 2007

Consular Offices Abroad Resume Accepting I-130 Immigrant Visa Petitions

Effective immediately, consular posts abroad will accept petitions for immediate relative immigrant classification from American citizens who are resident in their consular districts, including members of the armed forces, as well as true emergency cases, such as life and death or health and safety, and others determined to be in the national interest.

As of January 22, 2007, consular offices abroad were instructed to cease accepting certain immigrant visa petitions because consular officers lacked the means to perform the required criminal background checks on American citizen petitioners, as required by the Adam Walsh Act.

Subsequently, the Department of State and the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) worked to develop a mechanism whereby USCIS will perform these required "Adam Walsh Act" checks for any petitions accepted abroad by consular officers.

To demonstrate residency in a consular district, American Citizen petitioners must be able to show that they have permission to reside in the consular district and that they have been doing so continuously for at least six months before filing the petition. Individuals who are in the country on a temporary status, such as student or tourist, would not be considered to meet the residency standard.

Examples of family emergency include minor children who would be unexpectedly left without a caretaker. Examples of national interest include facilitating the travel of United States military and other USG direct hire employees assigned overseas who are pending transfer on orders and need to petition for immigrant classification of their spouse and minor children at posts overseas.

All lawful permanent residents, and American Citizens resident in the United States or with a permanent address in the United States, must file I-130 petitions at the USCIS Service Center having jurisdiction over their place of residence (as indicated on the USCIS website: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-130.pdf).

2007/216

Released on March 21, 2007

Ah well...for a wee moment there was hope..... :bonk::oops: back to the drawing board.... :reading::clock:

hi ya pris

sorry you got that answer mate...but on the other side of the coin you might of helped someone else in here with the information you just posted..

feelin sad for you mate.. bigg hugs to ya mate...at least you two are together huh thats gotta be a bonus mate..

take care sweetie

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

2nd December..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.