aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

hi ya emerald

i also brought quite a few over with me...they wouldnt work on robbies dvd player so for my birthday last year robert got me a portable dvd player...and they work just change the region to pal stick um in and bobs ya uncle...

if your going to shop for them take a couple of your favs with you and request a demo to see if your aussie dvd's will work before buying...look for fully compatible with dvd .. although it is a portable dvd player it can be plugged into your tv to watch...

robert got me a portable one so we could take it on holidays...cant wait for july havent been camping for a few years..not looking forward to sorting out the pop up camper though lol

shame i didnt know you vylex when we were looking for one lol but i have copied and pasted it in a word doc for future reference...thanks

hi elle

take a look at this link there is an address at the bottom for vermont and the phone number too

Vermont Service Centre

couldnt find anything for a vermont email address as yet..

talk to ya all later

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Kath,

LOL, well moving forward, I'd love to help out on any techie topics. I am a little too obsessed with all things electronic. I wish the Consulate/USCIS accepted media for evidence as well. I can send them loads of my "video-grams" to my wife LOL. The want it streamed? DVD-PAL/NTSC? Podcast? LOL. I'll overload their servers until they say UNCLE and grant her Visa! :lol:

I-130

02/17/2007 - I-130 Express Mailed to VSC via USPS. (ETA 2/19/2007)

02/22/2007 - I-130 received by VSC.

06/12/2007 - NOA2 approval email received!!!

06/15/2007 - NOA2 letter received in the mail.

NVC

06/19/2007 - NVC receives case and assigns a case number!

08/27/2007 - CASE COMPLETE!!!!

09/06/2007 - Case forwarded to Sydney

09/14/2007 - Wife receives Packet 3. Received NVC letter confirming case forward to Sydney.

10/26/2007 - Interview - VISA GRANTED!!!!! WOOO WOOO!!!!!!

11/18/2007 - Enter the US via LAX (POE). No issues thankfully. 20 minutes of processing.

11/30/2007 - Welcome letter (two of them) received.

12/19/2007 - CR-1 Green Card received.

USCIS - I-751

09/23/2009 - Express Mailed Removal of Conditions application

09/24/2009 - USPS confirmed delivery to VSC

09/29/2009 - Check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2009 - Received NOA I-797C dated 09/25/2009

10/10/2009 - Received Biometric appt letter for 10/29/2009

10/29/2009 - Biometrics taken. Whole process took about 40 min including the wait

12/22/2009 - Approved for ROC!

01/08/2010 - Received text and email: Card production ordered

01/15/2010 - Received Green Card in the mail!

USCIS - N-400

04/22/2011 - Express Mailed Application for Naturalization

04/27/2011 - Check cashed by USCIS

04/28/2011 - Received NOA I-797C dated 04/26/2011

05/27/2011 - Biometrics taken. Process took approx 35 min with wait

07/29/2011 - Received Interview Appt letter scheduled for 09/01/2011 dated 07/26/2011

09/01/2011 - Interview and Oath. Now a USC! The VJ is over!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I have another question guys.. lol

here it says:

"Other Forms (if any)? 1. processing fee receipt: AU$130 for each applicant. Go to any post office , pay the fee, and obtain one receipt for each applicant, attached to the outside cover of each passport. Valid passport (and any expired passports bearing United states visas)"

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...&cty=Sydney

So do we go to the Post to pay this fee before the interview? Or do you do this after you have received notice that you've been approved for a visa?

My timeline:

02 - 09 - 2007 - Sending off of my I-129F package

02 - 13 - 2007 - NOA1 Received

02 - 21 - 2007 - Touched!

03 - 01 - 2007 - NOA2 Received

03 - 02 - 2007 - Touched Again!

03 - 06 - 2007 - NVC Received

03 - 07 - 2007 - Was told by email I-129F will be forwarded to Sydney

03 - 08 - 2007 - I-129F picked up by DHL and on it's way to Sydney!!

03 - 12 - 2007 - Sydney Consulate received packet! From DHL: 1:48 pm Shipment delivered WOOT

03 - 19 - 2007 - Packet Three is sent off!

03 - 20 - 2007 - Corey goes to get his fingerprints/police check completed. Now we wait for the investigation and then I can be assured he's not a criminal =]

03 - 21 - 2007 - Corey gets Pkt 3 via Registered Mail

03 - 22 - 2007 - Sent Corey a copy of all the documents and the notarized I-134.. hopefully everything arrives safely!

04 - 17 - 2007 - Corey's Medical Examination.. Let's hope everything goes great!

05 - 01 - 2007 - Corey's Medical Rescheduled to this date because doctor was away!

05 - 04 - 2007 - Corey's Initial Interview date! (We only had ONE week's notice!)

05 - 30 - 2007 - Corey's Rescheduled Interview date because there was no time for the initial one

hi ya seren

if you go to one of the other pages i posted my receipt for the payment of the K1 visa...you go into any post office prior to the interview..and paper clip it to the front of his passport...

if he has any other passports he has used to enter the states he takes them with him to the interview...he 1 applicant so he pays one fee..

vylex im with you on the video evidence mate...hell you could put it on a cd for um to look at huh...lol

hi ya lyndel i see ya there hope the op went well with you and your recovering well mate...which one are ya donald or mickey mouse or minny lol take care mate..

ohh got my forms for the volunteer thing...they request a reference other than your husband ...permission to contact your doctor....so going to send it in monday....

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi All,

Wow you have all been busy posting over the past few days took awhile to catch up. Some excellent information too! I was interested in the DVD stuff so Vylex and Kath thanks for posting that info it is very useful. :thumbs:

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and support. The surgery went well. I am still very sore so talk is limited oh and I have to eat mushy baby food :angry: for awhile yet but am on the mend! :)

Meauxna, I read your stuff on the SSN. I will be going through all that in a few weeks so it will help me a lot thank you! :thumbs:

Hi Kath, how is your Mum going? Is she getting better (F) . Good luck with your volunteering sounds like it will be fun and interesting. :D

David, I wish Stephanie good luck with finding work quickly too.

Elle, have sent you the shipping link that i had. Not sure who to use now they all seem ok.

Oh and Hammy I noticed your comment, "Lyndel... what do you mean "IF I POST ANYTHING SILLY"

LOL COULDN'T RESIST THAT ONE.. YOU MAKE IT SOOOOO EASY SOMETIMES." Your wifey has her hands full with you! :yes: lol Does she know the meaning of 'Cheeky' and how that applies to you! lol :P

19 Apr 07: ARRIVED JFK POE and got the temp EAD stamp!!!!

27 Apr 07: Got Married

14 May 07: Received SSN

04 June 07: GOT A JOB!!

16 June 07: Wedding Reception in San Francisco

13 August 07: Got new EAD

23 November 07: Adjustment of Status approved

25 December 07: First white Christmas EVER!!!!

27 Apr 08: First Wedding Anniversary

4 July 08: Mt Rushmore for 4th July

27 April 09: Second Wedding Anniversary

October 09: Hoping to visit Australia

Timeline

I just noticed your cheeky little posting Kath!!! :lol: lmao You do realise it hurts for me to laugh!

Cruel Woman!! :P

Filed: Timeline
Hi All,

Wow you have all been busy posting over the past few days took awhile to catch up. Some excellent information too! I was interested in the DVD stuff so Vylex and Kath thanks for posting that info it is very useful. :thumbs:

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and support. The surgery went well. I am still very sore so talk is limited oh and I have to eat mushy baby food :angry: for awhile yet but am on the mend! :)

Meauxna, I read your stuff on the SSN. I will be going through all that in a few weeks so it will help me a lot thank you! :thumbs:

Hi Kath, how is your Mum going? Is she getting better (F) . Good luck with your volunteering sounds like it will be fun and interesting. :D

David, I wish Stephanie good luck with finding work quickly too.

Elle, have sent you the shipping link that i had. Not sure who to use now they all seem ok.

Oh and Hammy I noticed your comment, "Lyndel... what do you mean "IF I POST ANYTHING SILLY"

LOL COULDN'T RESIST THAT ONE.. YOU MAKE IT SOOOOO EASY SOMETIMES." Your wifey has her hands full with you! :yes: lol Does she know the meaning of 'Cheeky' and how that applies to you! lol :P

Lyndel it must be hard typing with your :P:whistle::whistle::lol::hehe:

And cheeky is my middle name lol hehehehehe

She Loves me for me and all my Idiosyncrosies :devil:

"To love someone deeply gives you strength.

Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu

Timeline

Oh jeeze Hammy, I am not even going to encourage you! :lol: lmao

Filed: Timeline

Well it's Sunday Night here in Adelaide 25th March 2007.

Daylight B) Savings has now ended here :crying:

Now have worked out the difference,

between myself and Wifee Cheryl across the puddle.

So now here in Adelaide it's 7.50pm Sunday Night,

and in Boston Massachusetts it's 6.20am Sunday Morning :yes: B)

so now it's only 13 and a 1/2 hours difference :dance:

Soon it will be no time difference or a big goddamn puddle between us :dance::thumbs:

Cheers

Paul ;)

"To love someone deeply gives you strength.

Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline
when your wife applies for her SSN they actually give you a receipt stating you have applied ..so if she goes for a job interview she can show the employer that she has actually applied and just waiting for it to arrive...

FYI: those who apply for an Immigrant Visa (CR/IR) can use a program called Ennumeration At Entry. They can apply for a SS# on the last page of their DS-230 and the info is entered when they arrive in the US. SSA automagically generates the account and mails you a SS card.

This program is NOT available for K visa holders.

The program works MOST of the time. :)

Hi All...:)

Thanks for that information Mo will look out for the question when filling in the form.

The volunteer thing is a great idea Kath; for all those reasons you stated and for keeping busy also and to keep your spirits up which is important when job-hunting..and don't I know it...!!! You never know a paying job may come of it..

Took J to the Melbourne Aquarium on the weekend, it was ok; not as WOW as I'd thought it would be..but then I've been scuba-diving before and nothing is quite like the real thing..would love to have time & $ to take him to Airlie Beach and the whitsundays or the Great Barrier Reef for some scuba-diving before we go back..

Tis the long wait now for the NOA2 :reading::clock: but he's busily finishing the Affidavit of Support and getting his taxes in order, which he should cover nicely on his own now; save hassling his mum who has her hands full at the mo.

Cheers,

Pris.

Timeline

Just to be cheeky here..anyone/aussies watching the Fina World Swimming Chamionships being held here in Melb right now..how good were our girls in beating the Americans in the 400m relay, again... :D:jest::P Now if we could just get our boys on top again at the same time...But it's only day 1, so fingers crossed....

Cheers,

Pris.

Timeline

Hello All! :)

Last week was like th week from hell from me. I am for "now" stuck at a job that I hate. It is a temporary job and I was told back in Feburary that I would become permanent and when I inquired about it last week she said they had been turning it down. But Friday I found out that a guy that started after me became permanent like 2 weeks ago. So I feel like I am getting the run around. She says she has no problems with my work but I just don't think she is keen on me. So I am back to applying for jobs which sucks. I will just have the temp agency type of a letter explaining my current job status. I am just so emotional drained and depressed at this place I have got to get out of it.

My sweettheart has been so supportive and sweet. I love this man to death. He is like my sunshine. I can't wait to start my life with him. He makes everything calm and peaceful. I hope this last part of this process moves along smoothly.

I hope that everything is well for you all.

Kath- I hpe your mother is feeling better.

11/27/2006 Filed I-129F

12/01/06 received at CSC NOA1

12/09/06 checked cleared

02/28/07 touched!

02/28/07 NOA2 via email 3 of them!!!!

03/01/07 touched

03/09/07 NOA2 received via snail mail

03/20/07 Received email from Sydney that packet 3 should be mailed out tomorrow

03/26/07 Fiance received packet 3

4/26/07 Fiance medical appointment

5/01/07 New date of medical appointment

5/14/07 Fiance interview date!

VISA APPROVED!

6/8/07 My fiance arrives in America

7/14/07 Wedding day!

Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jo and i was invited to this thread by Kath (thanks Kath!! :) ) I'm from Melbourne and my fiance and i have just received our NOA2 on the 20th of March for the K-1 visa. I am hoping that there are others who are also from Melbourne in the same boat as us with hopefully similar timelines who may be able to give me some advise on what i should do next.

I have not yet received packet 3 but was wondering whether i should wait to get that before starting the medicals and the police checks. Does anyone know how long it takes for the police check to clear? and what kind of vaccinations i will need etc? Any advise would be greatly appreciated!! :)

I have also been told that its about a month wait for the interview? Is that pretty accurate? When should i expect to approximately receive an interview date? Is it after i send in the required forms with the packet 3?

I know that is a lot of questions. If there is also anyone out there who is about to start the process and have any questions that i may be able to help with, just give me a yell!!

Hope to hear from you all soon

Jo

15/02/07: Sent in I-129F form

21/02/07: NOA1 received

24/02/07: Touched

14/03/07: Touched

15/03/07: Touched

20/03/07: NOA2 received - Approval Email

21/03/07: Touched

23/03/07: NOA2 received via snail mail

Timeline
Hello All! :) Last week was like th week from hell from me. I am for "now" stuck at a job that I hate. It is a temporary job and I was told back in Feburary that I would become permanent and when I inquired about it last week she said they had been turning it down. But Friday I found out that a guy that started after me became permanent like 2 weeks ago. So I feel like I am getting the run around. She says she has no problems with my work but I just don't think she is keen on me. So I am back to applying for jobs which sucks. I will just have the temp agency type of a letter explaining my current job status. I am just so emotional drained and depressed at this place I have got to get out of it.

My sweettheart has been so supportive and sweet. I love this man to death. He is like my sunshine. I can't wait to start my life with him. He makes everything calm and peaceful. I hope this last part of this process moves along smoothly.

I hope that everything is well for you all.

Kath- I hpe your mother is feeling better.

Hey Moonie,

Soz work is givin you da shts, I know all about that; sometimes you just gotta keep moving till you find the most suitable one...keep your objective in mind and you will be right; find something you do like about it no matter how small and hang in there...it'll all fall into place in time..

Hi Jo,

Welcome :) Which part of Melbourne are you from? I'm a Melbournian also (Elwood), but I'm going for permanant residency- CR-1/IR-1. I can tell you tho that getting the fingerprint police check is very easy; you just ring for an appointment (check the vicpolice website for that) at the Flinders Street address - World Trade Centre really and it gets sent to you about two weeks later max and $120 later.

People here will tell you where to find which vaccinations you need, I'm actually doing that at the moment and I'm not sure where I've put it or found it to be honest, so I will be reading along to make sure.

Welcome and feel free to share how you met etc....:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.