Mags

UK B!tches Unite!

670 posts in this topic

Speaking of meet-ups, (ya'll are just too far away for me), I met with Nich-Nick and her husband yesterday. :D We went on a whale watch cruise and then to dinner, was lovely.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Speaking of meet-ups, (ya'll are just too far away for me), I met with Nich-Nick and her husband yesterday. :D We went on a whale watch cruise and then to dinner, was lovely.

It's always fun to meet the people behind the ID's here. Some are just like their VJ persona, while some are not :whistle:

Sounds like you had fun :thumbs:

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Sorry you had a sucky week Pooky. My week is off to a sucky start. I'm starting to hate coming to work lastely, which is a feeling I very much dislike. I went for pistachio pudding today to help with the stress.

Cool about your meetup Gemmie. I've met a few VJers and have always had fun! I'm meeting another VJer next month in London. She was in the US but has subsequently moved back to the UK. I'm looking forward to it! :)

ETA: Welcome to the bitchfest fifitrix!

Edited by *julez*

Sorry you had a sucky week Pooky. My week is off to a sucky start. I'm starting to hate coming to work lastely, which is a feeling I very much dislike. I went for pistachio pudding today to help with the stress.

Sorry to hear that about work, julez. :( Not enjoying where you spend so many of your waking hours is the pits.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline

Thanks Maven (sorry, I just cannot accept Honey Crumpet!) There has been a lot of change here and I work on my own most of the time, which I find to be lonely and frustrating. I need guidance and my boss is never available to talk to. If I had the support I needed, I could like work again. i'm expected to make some pretty big decisions, which, most of the time I am perfectly OK with, but sometimes I really need someone to validate my opinion and the boss is never there for me anymore.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Cool about your meetup Gemmie. I've met a few VJers and have always had fun! I'm meeting another VJer next month in London. She was in the US but has subsequently moved back to the UK. I'm looking forward to it! :)

ETA: Welcome to the bitchfest fifitrix!

thanks!! i like a good ###### and moan

Thanks Maven (sorry, I just cannot accept Honey Crumpet!) There has been a lot of change here and I work on my own most of the time, which I find to be lonely and frustrating. I need guidance and my boss is never available to talk to. If I had the support I needed, I could like work again. i'm expected to make some pretty big decisions, which, most of the time I am perfectly OK with, but sometimes I really need someone to validate my opinion and the boss is never there for me anymore.

I hate when I don't get good guidance from above. I'm the sort of person who thrives when my manager points me in the right direction so I know how frustrating that can be.

Here's my b!tch -- a year ago Wednesday I was in a semi-serious car accident where some douche in a Range Rover totalled my car. I've spent a year getting my body and mind back together -- I had back injuries and I lost my driving nerve. Guess what happened today in the Wells Fargo parking lot? mad.gif Some dumb bint in a Prius backed into me as I was backing out. I was shaken mentally but no injury to me (I believe) or my car. Her rear bumper is scratched. When I got back to the office, I thought -- hang on, how could I back into her rear bumper/she back into mine in that parking lot? It's one way throughout. Then I realised she was backing up in the wrong direction. mad.gif We agreed to do it outside of insurance, but now I'm thinking maybe I should call my insurer regardless.

MEH! And yes, I am the Maven, evermore.

Edited by Honey Crumpet

But will YOUR insurance go up as well?

Some idiot smacked into the back of me this year when I was at a Stop sign (I was very shaken but otherwise fine- her car was dented) and she told me she just wasn't concentrating because of issues with her mother, etc, etc, and asked me not to contact the insurance company. She even offered me cash on the spot. I declined, but heard since that if I had contacted them, my insurance would increase, even if it was her fault.

But will YOUR insurance go up as well?

Some idiot smacked into the back of me this year when I was at a Stop sign (I was very shaken but otherwise fine- her car was dented) and she told me she just wasn't concentrating because of issues with her mother, etc, etc, and asked me not to contact the insurance company. She even offered me cash on the spot. I declined, but heard since that if I had contacted them, my insurance would increase, even if it was her fault.

I am worried about my insurance going up. I haven't heard a peep from her, or my insurance company, so I'm hoping she realised that the hassle of all of this isn't worth her time. It's likely her damage will cost about the same as mine to correct. I got an estimate yesterday morning for my car for $350, so it really isn't THAT much. My car is a late 90s Volvo, so I don't care. :P It adds to the character!

My insurance rates did NOT go up when my car was totalled last year -- my company found me not at fault. I have Geico, and they were pretty good at how they handled things at the time, but I am still waiting on my personal injury settlement a year later! sad.gif

Timeline

How are you feeling Maven? I hope, besides the hassel, aren't having any pain related to this bump.

Gemmie - I worked in insurance for a few years. if the other driver is determined to be at fault, your insurnace will not go up. Getting rear-ended at a stop sign is definitley the other driver's fault! In that situation, your insurnace wouldn't go up.

Filed: Timeline

Sorry to hear about all the car accidents. I'm glad you're all okay, though!

Sorry about your job, Julez. I wish I had a job to ###### about.

Hope things have improved since your last post, Pooky!

Nice!

Hi I didn't join until last year -- can I join your bitchfest? :D

Don't forget to close the door behind you. No telling what kind of vermin may sneak in. :hehe:

Nice! Say hi to her! Looking forward to the pics. :)

is anyone on here from the DC area?

I am! VA side.

iagree.gif

How are you feeling Maven? I hope, besides the hassel, aren't having any pain related to this bump.

I'm fine, thankfully. I've been putting in time at the gym to strengthen my back and core, and I'm sure that helped me to some extent.star_smile.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.