Mags

UK B!tches Unite!

670 posts in this topic

Oh man, I qualify to post in this thread. Does this make me old-school now? :P

Yes it does!star_smile.gif

Rant of the day: I've been dealing with an azzhole attorney on the other side who is the most condescending so-and-so. He's been throwing obscene amounts of discovery at our client and demanding turnaround times which while permissible under statute are so preposterously tight that no sane lawyer would actually ask for them. On the other hand, we're likely to get sanctions against him at the next hearing for his poor behaviour (refusing to meet and confer, then claiming that he did). I nearly leapt across the table the other day and throttled the jerk for his snide comments.

My boss is a great lawyer, and really works hard to work with the other side to compromise wherever possible, though he can (and does) play hardball when necessary. I'm lucky to get to learn procedure and practice from someone like him, who has a great reputation amongst colleagues and clients. I am thankful I don't have to work for that other doofus.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Yes it does!star_smile.gif

Rant of the day: I've been dealing with an azzhole attorney on the other side who is the most condescending so-and-so. He's been throwing obscene amounts of discovery at our client and demanding turnaround times which while permissible under statute are so preposterously tight that no sane lawyer would actually ask for them. On the other hand, we're likely to get sanctions against him at the next hearing for his poor behaviour (refusing to meet and confer, then claiming that he did). I nearly leapt across the table the other day and throttled the jerk for his snide comments.

My boss is a great lawyer, and really works hard to work with the other side to compromise wherever possible, though he can (and does) play hardball when necessary. I'm lucky to get to learn procedure and practice from someone like him, who has a great reputation amongst colleagues and clients. I am thankful I don't have to work for that other doofus.

Working for a doofus sucks. That's great that you're working for an esteemed person you can learn a lot from.

I had a friend over last week for wine & cheese. I met her at my former job, the one where I only lasted three torturous months. Our manager was a nice guy but clearly a subpar manager. I didn't really know how inept until my friend told me about some of the recent goings-on there and his comical mishandling of just about everything. She is normally quite discreet, but after nearly a bottle of wine, she told me a harrowing story about the company Christmas party the year before last, which resulted in my former manager (a handsome guy of about 45), the HR director (a lady of advancing years with a low level of physical fitness), and a third unnamed party engaging in a drunken three-way in the receptionist's hotel room. Said receptionist was passed out in a chair but awoke in time to witness some of the activity and beg everyone to get their clothes on and leave. I do know that my friend is not the unnamed third participant, but she's sworn to secrecy. I'm not even curious about who the third person is. In fact, I wish I'd never heard that story! Why I'm passing it along, I have no idea. I guess there are benefits to being self-employed!

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I have a Terry's Chocolate Orange ....... :luv:

I've just whacked and unwrapped it :blush:

Edited by tmma

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

I have a Terry's Chocolate Orange ....... :luv:

I've just whacked and unwrapped it :blush:

Man, I love those.

Jon and I went to see The Lemonheads on Monday night. They were playing at a small-ish club. It was interesting...a trip back to the mid-90s. Lots of people about my age in flannel and jeans and chucks. It was like a time warp, except for the smartphones. Jon and I agreed that it was nice to see a show where you're treated like an adult. Beer in actual glasses and served by nice people, no being frisked at the door and dealing with self-regarding arsewipes who think they're cooler than you because they work at a concert venue. The only drawback was that the show didn't start until 11, and there were two opening acts. We had to leave early because my mother was babysitting. We live the wild & crazy partyin' lifestyle!

K-1

AOS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Man, I love those.

Jon and I went to see The Lemonheads on Monday night. They were playing at a small-ish club. It was interesting...a trip back to the mid-90s. Lots of people about my age in flannel and jeans and chucks. It was like a time warp, except for the smartphones. Jon and I agreed that it was nice to see a show where you're treated like an adult. Beer in actual glasses and served by nice people, no being frisked at the door and dealing with self-regarding arsewipes who think they're cooler than you because they work at a concert venue. The only drawback was that the show didn't start until 11, and there were two opening acts. We had to leave early because my mother was babysitting. We live the wild & crazy partyin' lifestyle!

Jealous! I used to have such a crush on Evan Dando back in the day. Now I want to go home and put my flannel on and listen to It's a Shame About Ray.

About the early to bed thing... I have found I just can't handle staying up past 1am anymore. It's terrible! I was out with a friend the other week and didn't get home until 2.15am. I was a zombie for the rest of the week. I also definitely need to sleep in a comfy bed -- no more sleeping sitting up in chairs or on the floor. I can't even sleep in the boyfriend's bed terribly well -- horrible mattress. ####### happened to us?

Jealous! I used to have such a crush on Evan Dando back in the day. Now I want to go home and put my flannel on and listen to It's a Shame About Ray.

About the early to bed thing... I have found I just can't handle staying up past 1am anymore. It's terrible! I was out with a friend the other week and didn't get home until 2.15am. I was a zombie for the rest of the week. I also definitely need to sleep in a comfy bed -- no more sleeping sitting up in chairs or on the floor. I can't even sleep in the boyfriend's bed terribly well -- horrible mattress. ####### happened to us?

Well, I guess I can blame the baby. But also aging. For example, I realized quite a while ago that my system just can't handle booze the way it could when I was in my 20s. This state continues to worsen, but I have difficulty notifying my 38-year-old self of this when I'm enjoying a delicious poison. I'm still a night owl, though. I have to force myself to go to bed before 11, otherwise I'm functioning at half-capacity.

I can say this: Caring for a small child while hungover, even if only mildly so, is a very specific form of (self-inflicted) torture. And it even has the guilt element. Oy!

K-1

AOS

It's 9pm. I'm still in the office 12 hours after I walked in here.crying.gif

Late-night craziness! Woo hoo!

K-1

AOS

While I was taking a break last night, I started re-reading this thread. I must say, I had forgotten all about Nik+Heather's post (#26) about her dream! laughing.gif

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

It's 9pm. I'm still in the office 12 hours after I walked in here.crying.gif

Late night craziness I can do without. Trouble is, until a week Monday, late night and weekend working is firmly on the agenda :(

Good thing my fridge got a recent infusion of about 20lbs of real Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate :P

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

UGH on the weekend and evening working!!!

But hey, at least you haven't been in your job for just at 60 days and are already seriously considering finding a new one. Oh yeah, I've got some b*tching I can do, believe me. LOL.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Oh, there have been times when I have seriously considered looking elsewhere, but there aren't that many companies that would appreciate my skill set. So, for now, I take the rocky with the smooth and make it work.

With chocolate.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

But hey, at least you haven't been in your job for just at 60 days and are already seriously considering finding a new one. Oh yeah, I've got some b*tching I can do, believe me. LOL.

sad.gif That sucks, Tracy.

Not much to b!tch about today on this side except that I ran myself ragged over the holiday -- went to a friend's 30th birthday party 120 miles away, had to do dinner with friends, lunch with the ex, a trip to the vet with my sainted George (diagnosis: "Some cats have very sensitive skin. George is one of them. That'll be $135, please"), talking with my mom (x2), accidentally double-booking a night out with my friend whom I refer to as The Hair Toucher (cue him getting sulky), and managing to work in 4 hours last night with my boyfriend, who really was the person I wanted to most the whole weekend.

Tonight I am making a big chicken caesar salad for dinner and watching RuPaul's Drag Race. I cannot extend to anything more exciting.

sad.gif That sucks, Tracy.

Not much to b!tch about today on this side except that I ran myself ragged over the holiday -- went to a friend's 30th birthday party 120 miles away, had to do dinner with friends, lunch with the ex, a trip to the vet with my sainted George (diagnosis: "Some cats have very sensitive skin. George is one of them. That'll be $135, please"), talking with my mom (x2), accidentally double-booking a night out with my friend whom I refer to as The Hair Toucher (cue him getting sulky), and managing to work in 4 hours last night with my boyfriend, who really was the person I wanted to most the whole weekend.

Tonight I am making a big chicken caesar salad for dinner and watching RuPaul's Drag Race. I cannot extend to anything more exciting.

That's a lot more excitement than what's going on here! My project for the week is to sell Limita's infant car seat, stroller, exersaucer, and swing. I'm getting a little sentimental. :(

K-1

AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.