Mags

UK B!tches Unite!

670 posts in this topic

We got our UK gifts late, too. It's the Royal Mail I think, because of the backlog (due to weather). Because of this, we held off on sending any Christmas presents until the new year.

Finally moving out of the in-laws soon. Any time this month. I am SO freaking happy about getting away from them!! It's been A YEAR AND A HALF.

:dancing: I know people hate that smiley, but it's needed.

Now that it's coming to an end, the little things are becoming more annoying.

My MIL is still having panic attacks and whatnot, and she's not happy that we're moving out at all, so she's interfering at every opportunity (asking if we've considered X and then telling us that it won't work). We literally told her 15 times we didn't want her father's 1940 couch and were buying new furniture, but she repeats that "no one gets new things for first apartments" (you do when you've been saving for a year and a half!) and starting arguments (she doesn't want to even SEE our apartment stuff in the house so is desperately trying to get us to stuff it all into a back closet, which my husband thinks is stupid). I put something on Facebook the other day that said I couldn't wait until January, and she starts saying things like how we're moving in a "couple of days" because she exaggerates everything in her head.

My husband is her only child and has lived with her all his life (I know, it's pretty sad. She manipulated him into not going away to college but travelling from home instead, and apparently when he was growing up, she stopped him staying over with friends because she couldn't be away from him). So she has a very unhealthy attachment to him. All I can say is.. we're almost freeeeeeeee! He's so happy to be getting away from her and starting our own home together.

Edited by Gemmie

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Finally moving out of the in-laws soon. Any time this month. I am SO freaking happy about getting away from them!! It's been A YEAR AND A HALF.

:dancing: I know people hate that smiley, but it's needed.

Now that it's coming to an end, the little things are becoming more annoying.

My MIL is still having panic attacks and whatnot, and she's not happy that we're moving out at all, so she's interfering at every opportunity (asking if we've considered X and then telling us that it won't work). We literally told her 15 times we didn't want her father's 1940 couch and were buying new furniture, but she repeats that "no one gets new things for first apartments" (you do when you've been saving for a year and a half!) and starting arguments (she doesn't want to even SEE our apartment stuff in the house so is desperately trying to get us to stuff it all into a back closet, which my husband thinks is stupid). I put something on Facebook the other day that said I couldn't wait until January, and she starts saying things like how we're moving in a "couple of days" because she exaggerates everything in her head.

My husband is her only child and has lived with her all his life (I know, it's pretty sad. She manipulated him into not going away to college but travelling from home instead, and apparently when he was growing up, she stopped him staying over with friends because she couldn't be away from him). So she has a very unhealthy attachment to him. All I can say is.. we're almost freeeeeeeee! He's so happy to be getting away from her and starting our own home together.

Is this appropriate?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hMrY8jysdg

Enjoy your new place! :dance:

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

We got our UK gifts late, too. It's the Royal Mail I think, because of the backlog (due to weather). Because of this, we held off on sending any Christmas presents until the new year.

Our gifts from the UK were mailed Dec. 2 and reached us on Dec. 31.

Hooray on moving Gemmie!!

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Congrats! We didn't have an overbearing mother to deal with, but it was still SUCH a GLORIOUS feeling to move into our own place. So, I tip my hat to you and your hubby!

PS - my siblings got infinitely less annoying once we moved out. Hopefully his mother will for you guys!!

Our naturalization timeline
1/12/2015 - Application sent to Phoenix service center by USPS priority mail

1/14/2015 - Package received in Phoenix

1/16/2015 - NOA date (hard copy received 1/22)

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

2/11/2015 - In line for interview

3/28/2015 - Hard copy interview notice received

4/29/2015 - Interview at Chicago field office - Approved!!!

5/22/2015 - Oath ceremony - Now a US citizen!!!!!!

Thank you, VisaJourney!!!!!

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love... It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."- Anonymous

an1cHsK0g000610MTNsc3wxMDAwOTk4c2F8V2Uga

Glad to hear we're not alone on the late gifts. We just got our card from her yesterday but we couldn't see the postmark to figure out when she actually mailed it.

And YAY for Gemmie!! I have to say I would already be in the big house if we had to live with my horrid MIL for any length of time. So I commend you!!!

SA4userbar.jpg

Glad to hear we're not alone on the late gifts. We just got our card from her yesterday but we couldn't see the postmark to figure out when she actually mailed it.

And YAY for Gemmie!! I have to say I would already be in the big house if we had to live with my horrid MIL for any length of time. So I commend you!!!

Ours just arrived from his parents - posted on December 7th!!!!! That's more than a month to get here!

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Emily's package has never arrived. At this stage, I'd say it's pretty safely lost. MIL said she'd send something else but knowing how she dithers, it'll never happen.

She called MY cell phone the other day :blink: in a PANIC, 'I didn't know how to get a hold of you guys - I was calling all of your numbers.' (though only mine rang, right) Um you've only had ALL of our 3 phone numbers since the day he arrived here three years ago, but whatever. I couldn't hand the phone to hubby fast enough. I damn near threw it at him. LMAO.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Timeline

My MIL is a stalker. She calls at all hours. Which was pretty f'ing nerve-wracking when my mother had her heart attack and I dreaded hearing the phone ring. ESPECIALLY at freaking 11pm and midnight. :angry: My husband made the mistake of giving her my cellphone number one time. I now have a new cellphone number and my MIL does not have it.

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

So sorry to hear about your house being broken into, Heather. (F) It's such a violation of privacy. One time my car was broken into and the culprits left a ten pound note. I felt really stupid calling the police to report it. :lol:

:unsure: if someone breaks into your car and leaves money, was a crime committed?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

A few years ago, my brother's car (a 12-year-old Honda) was stolen while parked at our condo complex for a few days while he was out of town. It was recovered a few days later with four new tires in the trunk. The idiots had taken only a few things, including a piece of ####### stereo. Fortunately, they didn't take the $100 gift certificate to Audio Express, which was in the glove compartment. :wacko:

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.