Mags

UK B!tches Unite!

670 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I guess don't understand the constant theme of exclusivity and the flaunting of that attitude.

*shrug*

Well good, because I've been dying to tell someone about the VJ dream I had the other night -- Gary (of Gary and Alla) was dared to host a VJ meetup, which he did. Oddly enough, it was mostly attended by the female halves of western countries. Nik "had work" and couldn't attend, and there was some dream-made up girl from Australia. We didn't really get to meet with The Alla, which is disappointing, I'm sure from all I've heard she would have been great (I mean it!) Also, he didn't show us the house he restored, rather he rented a condo for the weekend. :( There was beer though, and the conversation was setting up to be interesting with the opening question being "So, what's your position on Melissa and Julian?" Then I got really thirsty (IRL) and spent the rest of the dream chugging glasses of water in the kitchen, and going out to a drive through to get two supersized cups of ice water...etc. as is the way of dreams.

Okay, so I'm lost.

And I would LOVE a pint and some curried chips right now. *sigh*

Actually, I'm so bloody tired right now, beer and chips is all I desire. I'm letting the side down, I know. :(

You are, but I'll pick up the slack by being an utter trollop for us both.star_smile.gif

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Oh geez.rolleyes.gif

All right, who wants a nice cup of tea? I'll be serving it on my nicest Sevres china. Then I'll need some time on my fainting couch -- my stays are so tight. Afterwards, anyone for croquet on the South Lawn?

rose.gif

All right, who wants a nice cup of tea? I'll be serving it on my nicest Sevres china. Then I'll need some time on my fainting couch -- my stays are so tight. Afterwards, anyone for croquet on the South Lawn?

rose.gif

Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout :D

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Posts with vulgarity removed :o Ladies, please! A little decorum :lol:

Thanks for your cooperation.

Curses! I missed it!

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Apparently one of my posts in another thread was removed because I used a proscribed word in reference to Dr Laura Schlessinger. Again not directed at anyone, but apparently the presence of the word was sufficient not only for someone to report it, but to have the "offending" post removed.

It's one thing to use an excessive amount of swearing (we had a discussion about this over a month ago), but it's going to be an exercise in utter failure to trawl through threads looking for objectionable words to remove. Especially when the more pressing issue would seem to be the persistent racism and bigotry, which seems to be tolerated more than a few naughty words.

Awwwww! Six is now an honorary UK b!tch, I think, for his two posts. What's the masculine for b!tch anyway?

But yeah, let us have our occasional swear word. As Six mentions, we had a discussion about profanity a month ago when he and I were suspended for a thread in which we posted pretty much just increasingly baroque swears. At the time, the word was handed down that the occasional swear in the context of a larger post was probably okay in OT. (People say "sh!t" in there all the time.) The invidious material on VJ is the racism and misogyny. I'm still shocked that my good friend Rob gets suspended on a weekly basis for calling people things like "mongoloid" but people get away with calling for the extermination of brown people, or saying that I'm doling out blow jobs, or that Anglophone women are disease-ridden curs.

But this is not a thread for such discussion. So b!tches, you want to hear a story about Maven's confusing date last night?

Awwwww! Six is now an honorary UK b!tch, I think, for his two posts. What's the masculine for b!tch anyway?

But yeah, let us have our occasional swear word. As Six mentions, we had a discussion about profanity a month ago when he and I were suspended for a thread in which we posted pretty much just increasingly baroque swears. At the time, the word was handed down that the occasional swear in the context of a larger post was probably okay in OT. (People say "sh!t" in there all the time.) The invidious material on VJ is the racism and misogyny. I'm still shocked that my good friend Rob gets suspended on a weekly basis for calling people things like "mongoloid" but people get away with calling for the extermination of brown people, or saying that I'm doling out blow jobs, or that Anglophone women are disease-ridden curs.

But this is not a thread for such discussion. So b!tches, you want to hear a story about Maven's confusing date last night?

Yes, please.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.