Mags

UK B!tches Unite!

670 posts in this topic

Raining and dank here in LA today -- feels like London. Think I will go buy some Hobnobs, make a pot of tea and watch some ####### telly, which will complete the experience.

Missing my other home today. :(

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Raining and dank here in LA today -- feels like London. Think I will go buy some Hobnobs, make a pot of tea and watch some ####### telly, which will complete the experience.

we really didn't get much of a summer this year, did we?

mvSuprise-hug.gif

we really didn't get much of a summer this year, did we?

Thankfully no! I was still in the Valley for the bulk of the summer and 80 degree days were FANTASTIC compared to the two previous summers.

Those days are sad.

It's cold in MA as well, I'm not looking forward to all of the snow. :crying:

I'm unlikely to see snow again this year. The chances of getting back East before 2011 are slim to none, unless I get invited to a meeting in Delaware planned to take place in the next three months. And even that is far south of where I would want to be. Miss my parents, miss my friends. The funny thing is that in the 10 months Bruce and I lived in New Haven after we moved over from London I had *no* local friends. Now I've connected to all of these people, friends of my brother, through Facebook who are dying to meet Little Sister now that she's all grown up -- some of them I have not seen in 25 years! So going home will mean getting to meet all these new friends, which I'm really looking forward to. :)

Congrats Gemmie. I've been observing the thread and you def deserve this. Must say - the job sounds fab. My line of work. The other day I even imagined to say "I miss some of my offenders" out loud.

Here's my ###### for the day. When we came back in to see dad after he stopped breathing (They called a code blue on him!!), I heard one of the rapid response guys say to the respiratory tech who had been taking care of him all day "C.Y.A." as he walked away after a conversation held in explanatory tones.

I'm thinking: OMG!!! What the F did(n't) she do which would require #### covering!!!

I'm feeling a bit steamed at just the thought of a possible error due to insufficiently trained staff....I don't even know if there was an error - to my lay-person eyes, she appeared to do everything right when she responded to his rapidly dropping O2 saturation levels, but could/should something have been detected before he was in crisis? The doubt is difficult to deal with. I did bring it up to the medical director of the facility, and he said they do do an investigation and review of all codes, so I hope any corrections required are made.

Good news is that the cause of his inability to breathe was a blocked tracheotomy tube, which was replaced, and not his ability to exchange gasses in general so we are hoping he will be able to continue with his recovery progress. I believe that I was in the room for the worst moments at 0% O2 saturation, and that it was for less than a minute - of course time passes differently in such situations...His heart never stopped.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

I'm so sorry that you had to witness that, Heather. It shocks me that people that are insufficiently trained are in charge of peoples lives. Was she a med student? Either way I'm sure whatever it is that she was responsible for, she feels awful and hopefully learned a big lesson when she cares for others in the future. I hope you're all doing okay.

Thanks, Ricky. My family aren't too pleased with the idea of me working in a prison (I look like a little girl) but I'm actually looking forward to the challenge. Really put some psych training into action. What did you do?

I'm so sorry that you had to witness that, Heather. It shocks me that people that are insufficiently trained are in charge of peoples lives. Was she a med student? Either way I'm sure whatever it is that she was responsible for, she feels awful and hopefully learned a big lesson when she cares for others in the future. I hope you're all doing okay.

Thanks, Ricky. My family aren't too pleased with the idea of me working in a prison (I look like a little girl) but I'm actually looking forward to the challenge. Really put some psych training into action. What did you do?

Congrats on the job Gemmie! I used to work in Prison education (mostly males, we only had one female prison on the books) and I have to say that I found it very rewarding to see the one's who had not passed a test in their lives (mostly from addiction backgrounds) pass and be proud of themselves. When I first started, I was less terrified than my partner (at the time) and family were of me working in prisons. Eventually it ends up being like most jobs. Juggling co-workers and differing personalities. The hardest part for me was remembering to lock all the doors and constantly having to account for pens, pencils....anything that could be used as a stabbing object. Many random things in my daily life I never would have thought of as having the potential to be used as a weapon.

I'm new to this thread so my gripe is:

I was promoted in my new job one day before my mentor (and co-manager) was investigated for inappropriate behaviour towards a colleague. I was left to deal with the fall out, stopping employee gossip and all of his work! :( MANY sleepless nights have occurred. Anyhoo....he's back on Friday after a suspension but my staffing levels are in tatters, even though the unemployment rate in Fl is high, I cant find any decent help and one member of staff is so pissed at my promotion she is waging a war of defiance against me. My husband is out of town this week and I have been left with the responsibility of introducing a new kitty to the household and my old kitty is REALLY pissed at me. If I have to break up one more kitty fight, I may go bald.

AND, I'm trying to lose weight and every where I go, people keep offering me donuts and candy. GRRRR.

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

... the responsibility of introducing a new kitty to the household and my old kitty is REALLY pissed at me. If I have to break up one more kitty fight, I may go bald.

I'm not sure if I didn't do it right or what, but my first female cat just completely hates the boy kitten (now cat) I got for her to play with. I mean, he can't even walk in the same room as her without getting growled at, and if he gets any nearer, there's hissing and yowling! On the other hand, sometime he decides it's time to play and being nearly 2x her weight he usually pins her down, which she does NOT appreciate!

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.