Mags

UK B!tches Unite!

670 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

I find it bizarre that most countries require incoming immigrants to know more about their country's history to attain citizenship than most of the actual native citizens know! Most of the USC's I know couldn't pass HALF the questions on the naturalization test. I probably couldn't either, I'm awful at history.

I like the idea. It's a small way to show how much you want the prize of citizenship.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Timeline

Gemmie, I would take you out if I lived closer!

I remember being in Germany, barely speaking a word of the language, with a 6 month old baby boy, when my ex-husband volunteered to leave me there for nearly a year and go to Kosovo on deployment with the Army.

I can see why he's your "ex" husband. lol. Good for you, though!

You might see if the rules are as strict in a neighboring state and just make a road trip out of it, and once you have a valid license in another state you can transfer it to MA.

I'm pretty sure you have to bring proof of address when you obtain your license..... such as a utility bill and/or a rental agreement/HUD-1 form. At least they did in FL and VA.

iagree.gif

I can see why he's your "ex" husband. lol. Good for you, though!

Actually, the reason he's my "ex" husband is that when I was 8 months pregnant with our daughter, he got busted at work for having P0RN in his work laptop, threw away a $22/hr union job with FULLY PAID family benefits, and lost everything we had, including our home. I'd put up with a lot, but that was the final straw. That was over 7 years ago... and yeah... I'm still a little bitter. Oh well... I've found much better. I've found a man who treats me like a queen, and won't even let me in the kitchen (which is fine by me, I work too much to cook!). With a sexy brit accent to boot! ;)

Edited by Dodi

Angela & Peter

usa.gift4527.gifuk.gif

K-1 Process (Condensed)

02/01/10: Took atty's bad advice and applied for B2 visa

02/16/10: B2 Visa Interview: DENIED - K1 Required

05/07/10: Atty sent I-129F Petition to Chicago Lockbox

05/31/10: Atty rec'd Petition back due to wrong location

06/01/10: I-129F pkg sent to VSC

06/11/10: NOA1 Rec'd/Touch

09/17/10: INTERVIEW = APPROVED

10/22/10: Marriage in the US

AOS Process

11/13/10: Mailed Packet to CHI Lockbox

11/18/10: NOA1 Rec'd via Text

11/20/10: Soc. Sec. fixed mistake/Processed SSN

11/23/10: Rec'd SSN

11/23/10: Touch

12/09/10: RFE - Supposedly didn't sign I-864 when I KNOW I did. (Copies to prove it.)

12/20/10: Biometrics Appt

12/20/10: RFE Response Rec'd/Processing Resumed

12/27/10: Transferred to CSC

12/29/10: Contacted Senator re: EAD Expedite Request

12/30/10: AOS Touch

12/30/10: EAD & AP Approved (Card Production Ordered)

01/05/11: AOS Touch (Rec'd @ CSC)

01/06/11: AOS Touch/EAD Mailed

01/08/11: EAD & AP Rec'd

01/10/11: AOS Touch

01/14/11: EAD Touch

01/26/11: AOS APPROVED!!

02/02/11: Green Card Received

Timeline

Actually, the reason he's my "ex" husband is that when I was 8 months pregnant with our daughter, he got busted at work for having P0RN in his work laptop, threw away a $22/hr union job with FULLY PAID family benefits, and lost everything we had, including our home. I'd put up with a lot, but that was the final straw. That was over 7 years ago... and yeah... I'm still a little bitter. Oh well... I've found much better. I've found a man who treats me like a queen, and won't even let me in the kitchen (which is fine by me, I work too much to cook!). With a sexy brit accent to boot! ;)

Bitter? I can understand that. :thumbs:

Sexy Brit accent? The wife would agree wholeheartedly. (L)

You trust your Brit to cook? Now THAT'S brave! :lol:

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Okay, my turn to b!tch. Effing effing effing moving. I f^cking hate it, my cat hates me for moving him across town from a 3 bed house to a 2 bed apt (that I share with a friend), I have a 3 bed house-worth of cr@p to fit into said apartment, I got a ticket on Tuesday when I forgot to move my car (street sweeping), I'm still waiting for the deposit on the old house to come back to me, my f^cking acne has flared up again so I look 15 years old, and in general I want to effing kill just about anyone who breathes within 10 feet of me incorrectly.

That is all.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

You trust your Brit to cook? Now THAT'S brave! :lol:

Nik can follow a recipe! In fact, there are several things that I've never had before that he's made for the first time which I really like! :P

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Timeline

Nik can follow a recipe! In fact, there are several things that I've never had before that he's made for the first time which I really like! :P

As the Brit part of the equation here, the wife lets me cook for the family twice, maybe three times a year. Thing is, I can cook, I just can't work out where she's hidden everything I need :blush:

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Okay, my turn to b!tch. Effing effing effing moving. I f^cking hate it, my cat hates me for moving him across town from a 3 bed house to a 2 bed apt (that I share with a friend), I have a 3 bed house-worth of cr@p to fit into said apartment, I got a ticket on Tuesday when I forgot to move my car (street sweeping), I'm still waiting for the deposit on the old house to come back to me, my f^cking acne has flared up again so I look 15 years old, and in general I want to effing kill just about anyone who breathes within 10 feet of me incorrectly.

That is all.

Don't hold it in, it'll just fester. You're better off getting it off your chest. :mellow:

british cooking is just lovely - roasts, pies, roasted potatoes, yorkshire puds, what not......it's the hit or miss nature of british restaurants that give the country a bad culinary reputation

Peter is half Chilean, and very inventive in the kitchen. I'll put it this way.... when it's good it's VERY good... and when it's bad.... there's McD's on the corner. :P

He made some Yorkshire Puds last night and his dad offered to NOT go to Chile for their 3 month trip (his parents leave tomorrow) if Peter would stay and cook for them. LOL (Funny thing is, I found the video tutorial online to show him a better way to make them!)

@Maven: I'm sorry you're having to move. It really sucks. My lease is up the end of this month but we just can't afford to move right now, and by the time we can it'll be Feb/March, so we're going to be stuck here for the rest of the school year for the kids, in a ghetto apt. "It's JUST firecrackers you hear, kids. Honest!" :angry:

Angela & Peter

usa.gift4527.gifuk.gif

K-1 Process (Condensed)

AOS Process

12/09/10: RFE - Supposedly didn't sign I-864 when I KNOW I did. (Copies to prove it.)

Don't hold it in, it'll just fester. You're better off getting it off your chest. :mellow:

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

KILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

This is starting to get better. Not quite, but almost.

@Maven: I'm sorry you're having to move. It really sucks. My lease is up the end of this month but we just can't afford to move right now, and by the time we can it'll be Feb/March, so we're going to be stuck here for the rest of the school year for the kids, in a ghetto apt. "It's JUST firecrackers you hear, kids. Honest!" :angry:

Upstairs neighbour has very enthusiastic sex. It's just great.mad.gif I have spent quite a few nights over at the boyfriend's recently so I have escaped much of the worst of the moaning and groaning and eeka-eeka-eeka of the bed.wacko.gif

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Upstairs neighbour has very enthusiastic sex. It's just great.mad.gif I have spent quite a few nights over at the boyfriend's recently so I have escaped much of the worst of the moaning and groaning and eeka-eeka-eeka of the bed.wacko.gif

We're upstairs, but my downstairs neighbor is that way. At 3am. :angry: You'd think they were practicing to be p0rn stars or something by the way she moans. OMFG! :wow:

Angela & Peter

usa.gift4527.gifuk.gif

K-1 Process (Condensed)

AOS Process

I've got an orange-tabby dollface Persian cat. He's adorable!! Really fluffy, and everyone says he looks just like Puss in Boots from Shrek. But everytime I empty the Dyson lately it seems like I'm throwing out half a cat. :blink:

I hope Pete will get used to him eventually. He calls him Evil Cat, because when he was here last fall, Chuck (fuzzball extrordinaire) was still tiny, and couldn't climb up on our bed without jumping up, sinking claws into the mattress, and working his way up like a mountain climber. One night.... he jumped up and sank his claws into Peter's @ss instead! It was like a cartoon, he slid down, leaving a huge scratch sideways right down his cheek. It would have been funny except that Peter was dead-asleep at the time, it was about 3am, so he screamed bloody murder!! :devil:

I still can't stop laughing just thinking about it!! :rofl:

Then again... the cat's name IS Chuck Norris.... maybe it was an omen.

Edited by Dodi

Angela & Peter

usa.gift4527.gifuk.gif

K-1 Process (Condensed)

AOS Process

As the Brit part of the equation here, the wife lets me cook for the family twice, maybe three times a year. Thing is, I can cook, I just can't work out where she's hidden everything I need :blush:

I have a similar problem. My Brit arrived and promptly hid (He says it is "logically rearranged") every thing in the kitchen. I mean, everything. The dishes moved from one location to another, the cups too. The bag of rice moved, the rice cooker moved, the DOORS on the cabinets open the opposite way now....etc.

He claims I retaliate regularly by using EVERY F'ING (he didn't say F'ING) thing in the kitchen every time I cook, which is basically 6/7 nights a week.

Haha.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.