Heracles

Slumdog star says Hollywood is racist

270 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just announced - Slumdog Millionaire: The Sequel is set for production and thanks to the advances in computer animation, John Wayne will be playing the lead role. His granddaughter said she's hoping that this time, people will recognize his acting range.

I heard that Bruce Lee was in that too - and that George Lucas would be directing.

You would never make fun of Mohammad the Prophet this way, what gives you the right to mock John Wayne?

You are despicable.

Chuck Norris would play Mohammad with the aid of a heavy turban and boot polish.

el_cid21.jpg

I heard that Bruce Lee was in that too - and that George Lucas would be directing.

This is sounding more awesome by the moment. When do pre-sales begin?

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just announced - Slumdog Millionaire: The Sequel is set for production and thanks to the advances in computer animation, John Wayne will be playing the lead role. His granddaughter said she's hoping that this time, people will recognize his acting range.

:protest: dayum hippies!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I think you're losing touch with your own argument.

Either that our you're telling me I lost because you disagree with me.

there is nothing in the questionaires that they give out that asks people whether they would have preferred a black/pakistani/arab/asian actor in the lead role.

Whatever they base those determinations on, it is done behind closed doors.

So they should ask "would you have rather seen a black/pakistani/arab/asian actor? Seriously, that's something they should ask?

Have you ever heard of affirmative action? Because that's most definitely reality!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm asking you how a decision to cast a white actor over a minority one via the assumption that doing so is what "America wants" is based on anything tangible.

So far you've made a couple of sweeping statements and thrown box office and Dvd ticket sales at me. neither is proof of what you claim.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

He does have a point. My foster son is an actor and Native American. He's had some leads, Expiration Date. Now Robert is as middle class, suburban has any kid but gets many responses of "we're not looking for an American Indian or Hispanic". So he's done several projects on his own with recognition.

box office and Dvd ticket sales at me. neither is proof of what you claim.

Both are proof of what I claim.

It's called marketing. Marketing is based on reality and perceptions, not on "what makes us all feel good and included."

"we're not looking for an American Indian or Hispanic".

According to some on here, he should be given roles despite that statement.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes. That's exactly what that means. It could work with a black family, but casting a black family in that role just changed the whole movie because of our perception.

But it shouldn't have to change the perception. Why do all films with "minority" leads have to be about racial issues or [insert minority race]-themed?

I think it's sad that if you were to see a movie about middle-class suburbia with a minority lead, that people would scoff at it for being contrived and too PC. As though the situation doesn't exist in real life.

But it shouldn't have to change the perception. Why do all films with "minority" leads have to be about racial issues or [insert minority race]-themed?

I think it's sad that if you were to see a movie about middle-class suburbia with a minority lead, that people would scoff at it for being contrived and too PC. As though the situation doesn't exist in real life.

I don't make the rules.

Русский форум член.

Filed: Timeline

I don't make the rules.

The only real "rule" is that the guys with the deep pockets in Hollywood don't like to (and I don't blame them for this) take risks with their money. Sure, they could use their money to find out whether the American public is "ready" for a narrative they weren't "ready" for in the 1970s, or they could use their money to make more money. The take the latter route and I understand that.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The beauty of this myth is that it might become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg