5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

NEED ADVICE PLS....

Our case was documentarily qualified since Aug 2011, now as we are reviewing all our DS230 we found one that need some correction on DS230 part II. Our case is still too far to become current, can we still make correction on that DS230? How is it possible?

Any advice is very much appreciated, Thank you.

snappy

you can make corrections in the DS230 and provide the corrected form at the time of the interview to the Consulate Officer..

Hello to all

My cousin is doing adustment of status in the US.His application was rejected due to incorrect fee. All documents were returned, and they were all stamped. Should he resubmit the stamped documents or should he provide fresh paperwork. Thanks for all responses.

Take a Infopass appointment and check whether u can provide them with the correct fee..:yes:

@ visa grant

thnk you so much :)

Good Luck..:thumbs:

@vicky123 and @carol.

best of luck guys :)

+1..:thumbs:

Timeline

Hi Guys,

Got the interview intimation and it is scheduled on 15th May in Mumbai Consulate. Received the packet 4 directly.

Though the PCCs have been submitted more than a year ago, they have not asked anything now. But for safety side, I have taken the PCCs last month.

Need to undergo medical examination before that.

@vicky123 and @carol.

guys give call to nvc, your pd is current....and nvc started scheduling appointments from yesterday...seen 2-3 people from f2a forum got appointment .

so check your inbox and if there is no a/l then giv call to nvc :)

best of luck guys :)

Timeline

@sony

priority date is the date when petition is filed....right?

It is in 1998 (my case). I know now the cutoff date is 2000. I missed 2-3 years in the middle after my priority date became current.

My uncle has paid the fee for my mother in 2010 (AOS for her is done at that time itself)...My AOS is done recently 2012 and IV fee is showing paid in the NVC login for both of us.

Can any one expect when can I get an interview call?

@sony....

Is it ok with the PD now?

DS230 package sent on April 4th 2012...

PD in 1998

NVC finshed reviewing package IV on 12th april 2012.

Visa approved on June 5th 2012

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hi Guys,

Got the interview intimation and it is scheduled on 15th May in Mumbai Consulate. Received the packet 4 directly.

Though the PCCs have been submitted more than a year ago, they have not asked anything now. But for safety side, I have taken the PCCs last month.

Need to undergo medical examination before that.

lol..see...i told you ...and you got appointment letter ...best of luck man....and congratulation.....:)

but don't forget to post interview experience "in detail " ok man...it helps other vj members .. :)

i m curious to know that which documents they requested to submit at vfs and which you have to bring at the time of interview....

and is there anyone in your petition who is protected by cspa(derivative beneficiary over 21 year (child ) ) ? best of luck :)

Edited by sachin6878

Timeline

Hi Guys,

Got the interview intimation and it is scheduled on 15th May ..........:dance:

Good Luck..:thumbs:

First check whether the packet 4 says that u need to submit the documents to VFS..and collect as many photos of the petitioner and beneficiary which will help at the time of the interview...:yes:

and as sachin said..do keep the forum update with your visa movement ...:thumbs:

Timeline

@visa grant

Pls let me know the minimum time (no of days) taken by NVC to review the IV package(civil documents and DS-230 forms)....as against what they say 20 business days....

Can one expedite the case at NVC by writing to them...?

PD in 1998

Timeline

@visa grant

Pls let me know the minimum time (no of days) taken by NVC to review the IV package(civil documents and DS-230 forms)....as against what they say 20 business days....

Can one expedite the case at NVC by writing to them...?

Right now NVC is making change to the Visa fee and there might be some delays in processing..Once ur IV package reaches NVC, it should be reviewed within 3 days at a minimum time frame...

Unless you have a strong evidence supported with proof, expedite will not be granted..:crying:

Timeline

I have sent on 4th april...even called them today..they say that dey did not enter my documents in the system.....is it going in right way...?

They asking me to wait.... :hehe::help:

PD in 1998

Timeline

I have sent on 4th april...

First check whether the IV fee has been encashed...then keep calling NVC everyday..EVERYDAY..:yes:

snippets from a VJ member for you...:lol:

So here's what's been happening with our case......

- Paid the IV bill last Tuesday, and that puppy was showing as 'In Process' for DAYS!!!

- Finally, on Friday evening, an operator told us that he could SEE in the system that we had paid, even though the payment portal was still not updated to 'PAID'

...So hubby took a calculated risk and mailed out the DS-230 packet on Saturday. It was delivered on Monday... and my heart was in my mouth, because the portal was still showing... you guessed it... "IN PROCESS"

Well we all know now that NVC has been in a FLURRY of action since yesterday. So yesterday morning the status finally showed up as 'PAID'... but they had not yet received my packet.

This morning, when I called and asked about whether they had received it, Operator Nicky said "It's still under review ma'am (sternly) you have to give us 20 business days!"

Me: "So you mean that my DS-230 packet was received and is now under review?"

Operator Nicky: "Yes ma'am and you have to give us 20 business days."

... Calling them tonight. Operator Nicky should be home then devil.gif

*************************************************************************************************

Timeline

@visagrant

Yeah the status in the NVC login page is showing paid for both of us(my mother and me).... They said today that I dont have to pay any extra fee

I will recheck with NVC in my next call...

PD in 1998

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.