5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

hey guys..need some help....

m derivative beneficiary of our petition..my mom is principal beneficiary

our priority date is 4th april 2001

our case is documentary qualified since 11th jan 2011

and also paid aos and visa fee , and submitted ds-230 when our priority date was current

i m turning 21 year old in this july...looking at current movement , i think i cant get interview letter before july..

so what should i do ? my elder brother is also derivative beneficiary (25 year old) but qualifies under cspa...we have already submited cspa calculation for him...

but i m worried about me...shoud i submit calculation for me also after i age out ?

plz help

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hey guys..need some help....

m derivative beneficiary of our petition..my mom is principal beneficiary

our priority date is 4th april 2001

our case is documentary qualified since 11th jan 2011

and also paid aos and visa fee , and submitted ds-230 when our priority date was current

i m turning 21 year old in this july...looking at current movement , i think i cant get interview letter before july..

so what should i do ? my elder brother is also derivative beneficiary (25 year old) but qualifies under cspa...we have already submited cspa calculation for him...

but i m worried about me...shoud i submit calculation for me also after i age out ?

plz help

Sachin

First Things First..How can you age out under cspa..??..:innocent:

With the present rate of PD in the visa movement, u should get ur interview by June.:yes:

Your Brother who turned 25 has been accepted under cspa..:whistle:

You being turning 21 by July should not have any issues in either getting the interview date nor being not accepted under cspa..:star:

You can call NVC and let them know your details..either NVC will let you pay the fees and might ask you to get ur originals during the time of the interview..:whistle:

Good Luck..:thumbs:

Timeline

my dob is 3rd july 1991 so still under 21 years...i was not talking about my cspa age....if i calculate my cspa then it would be lik 11 years.

but my pd is still 4 months away ..(according to current vb movement , ) i will get my interview letter in approx august...so at that time my age will be over 21...

that's why m worried....

ya..we already submitted cspa calculation for my brother....he is approx 16-17 year old under cspa..

we have already paid fees when our pd was current ( 404$ for 4 members total 1616 $ ,88$ aos..) they accepted my brother fees.his name was also included in checklist (rfe)

i did call nvc , lady operater told me that ,"" when you age out, you can write letter to nvc about your cspa ""

then i asked her that will i get my iv she replied "i cant say , it depends on mumbai consulate "" :( thats why m worried....there is no hope getting visa appointment before my b'day .......

Timeline

sachin6878

this is that I'm worried to, because my son will be 22 in august when we should get the interview so hopefully you guys are covered under CSPA

ok..if u have any info on this..then give it to me...

bte i have seen case at Mumbai consulate..same like me...on the date of interview, the boy was over 21 year...(just 10 days)

they refused to interview him , consular officer gave her mother latter stating that boy has to come at consulate any other day at sharp 7.30 for interview.

the boy went to consulate after 15 days...and he was granted visa :)

Timeline

Hello everyone...

my PD is current as of now( It was current two years before. I did not send the IV package at that time...My uncle filed a petition in the year 1998)

I have paid the IV processing fee and the status in the NVC login page shows paid...I have sent the checklist response on 4th april 2012 which consists of all civil documents required with DS 230 forms of my mother (principal applicant) and mine to NVC, I called NVC today asking whether they have received my file. They replied that the case is in review and they do not have the DS-230 in their system( asked me to wait for 20 business days).

Am I going in right direction? Can any one here let me know how many more days I have to wait to get a positive reply from NVC?

I am planning to attend graduate school this August 2012. Can I get VISA by that time if everything goes well. My age is 20 years...(DOB: 25th august 1991). Mine is under CSPA according to them...I did not ask for it but my case is being considered under CSPA.

Please help me out...

Thank you in advance..

Edited by jameskar

DS230 package sent on April 4th 2012...

PD in 1998

NVC finshed reviewing package IV on 12th april 2012.

Visa approved on June 5th 2012

Timeline

my dob is 3rd july 1991 so still under 21 years...i was not talking about my cspa age....if i calculate my cspa then it would be lik 11 years.

but my pd is still 4 months away ..(according to current vb movement , ) i will get my interview letter in approx august...so at that time my age will be over 21...

that's why m worried....

ya..we already submitted cspa calculation for my brother....he is approx 16-17 year old under cspa..

we have already paid fees when our pd was current ( 404$ for 4 members total 1616 $ ,88$ aos..) they accepted my brother fees.his name was also included in checklist (rfe)

i did call nvc , lady operater told me that ,"" when you age out, you can write letter to nvc about your cspa ""

then i asked her that will i get my iv she replied "i cant say , it depends on mumbai consulate "" :( thats why m worried....there is no hope getting visa appointment before my b'day .......

Sachin

When u call NVC next time, ask for a supervisor and let them know that being a derivative of the petition, ask them to be included in this petition and what can be done for next steps..

Hello everyone...

my PD is current as of now( It was current two years before. I did not send the IV package at that time...My uncle filed a petition in the year 1998)

I have paid the IV processing fee and the status in the NVC login page shows paid...I have sent the checklist response on 4th april 2012 which consists of all civil documents required with DS 230 forms of my mother (principal applicant) and mine to NVC, I called NVC today asking whether they have received my file. They replied that the case is in review and they do not have the DS-230 in their system( asked me to wait for 20 business days).

Am I going in right direction? Can any one here let me know how many more days I have to wait to get a positive reply from NVC?

I am planning to attend graduate school this August 2012. Can I get VISA by that time if everything goes well. My age is 20 years...(DOB: 25th august 1991). Mine is under CSPA according to them...I did not ask for it but my case is being considered under CSPA.

Please help me out...

Thank you in advance..

Welcome jameskar..:)

Based on your case info..u r proceeding in the right track...keep do calling NVC everyday if feasible..waiting for 20 days is the NVC usual reply..but keep calling NVC and validate your case..:bonk:

Timeline

Thank you for the reply visa grant...

Can u please let me know how much delay would be there in arranging an interview at the mumbai consulate after one sends the IV package...?

Can I get it by the end of july 2012...if everything goes well?

PD in 1998

Timeline

Please answer my questions...

1)Do we have to obtain any Documents of derivative beneficiary who will enter in to USA at a later date after the principal applicant. I am afraid that I cannot see any list of documents to be secured for the beneficiary who will enter US at a later date. Kindly, inform me about those documents. I am asking documents that have to be submitted during the VISA interview?

2)My uncle has paid IV processing fee 400$ for principal applicant on 26-APR-2010 and for

me recently on 01-MAR-2012(the status being paid in the NVC login page). I have seen in the Mumbai consulate web site asking to

pay another fee if one has paid after July 13 -2010 as the rates have been revised...Do I have pay the entire fee 404$ again for me as my uncle has paid after july 13- 2010...?

Thank you very much.

Edited by jameskar

PD in 1998

Timeline

Thank you for the reply visa grant...

Can u please let me know how much delay would be there in arranging an interview at the mumbai consulate after one sends the IV package...?

Can I get it by the end of july 2012...if everything goes well?

Please answer my questions...

1)Do we have to obtain any Documents of derivative beneficiary who will enter in to USA at a later date after the principal applicant. I am afraid that I cannot see any list of documents to be secured for the beneficiary who will enter US at a later date. Kindly, inform me about those documents. I am asking documents that have to be submitted during the VISA interview?

2)My uncle has paid IV processing fee 400$ for principal applicant on 26-APR-2010 and for

me recently on 01-MAR-2012(the status being paid in the NVC login page). I have seen in the Mumbai consulate web site asking to

pay another fee if one has paid after July 13 -2010 as the rates have been revised...Do I have pay the entire fee 404$ again for me as my uncle has paid after july 13- 2010...?

Thank you very much.

As ur PD is current, NVC first will give a Case complete and forward the petition to the Mumbai Consulate. I don't see any delay from NVC if u r documentarily qualified for all requirements

Coming to ur 2 questions, for the first one, usually u have 6 months after the visa approval stamp date to enter USA. If that time needs to be delayed, it is better for you to submit the documents late to NVC rather than showing any documents after visa approval for extension of time...

For the second question, I am not sure whether u have to pay the difference of the increased amount or since it is past one year, NVC might be asking for entire amount..Kindly call NVC (603-334-0700 (press 1 then 5 to speak with an operator)and validate.

Good Luck.. :thumbs:

Timeline

Sorry to say this, The first question has been misunderstood by you...

I will be more clear in my first question

In the DS-230 I have mentioned that I will accompany my mother...So we have filled both of our DS-230s and they were sent to NVC....In the DS-230 we have mentioned that my father(derivative beneficiary of the principal applicant) will come to USA at a later date(after 4-5 years) as he has some commitment here in India.

In the Mumbai consulate interview packet 4, they have asked for some documents that have to be submitted for those who want to enter in to USA at a later date after the principal applicant.. Please let me know those documents that have to be secured before the interview.

PD in 1998

Timeline

In the DS-230 I have mentioned that I will accompany my mother...So we have filled both of our DS-230s and they were sent to NVC....In the DS-230 we have mentioned that my father(derivative beneficiary of the principal applicant) will come to USA at a later date(after 4-5 years) as he has some commitment here in India.

In the Mumbai consulate interview packet 4, they have asked for some documents that have to be submitted for those who want to enter in to USA at a later date after the principal applicant.. Please let me know those documents that have to be secured before the interview.

jameskar

I understood your question after ur clarification, but i am also sorry to say that i don't have much insight..Others might chip in..:thumbs:

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

@jemskr

ist of all u must submit your ds.230 visa application and u saying u ben submited and your r accompany with ur principal aplicant with due date right and your father will join your family at the later date and interview Consult want your dad documents then whas the problem man its not ur responsibilty for seceure ur dad documents...mean wile later date aplicant submit his documents when he want to join his family to united stats and why they want before joining ur dad documents....

So dön't affraid and consult ur mombai consultnt nd then make a prompt decision weather u must submit ur dat document or not....

PD:29MAY2002

DOCUMENTARILY QUALUFIED SNICE JAN2012

WAITIN FOR VISA NUMBER

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.