5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

@ JYousuf - thank you for the response sir. so does that mean that i would still wait for 3-5 months after my PD becomes current for the interview?

Also, my eldest son will be turning 21 this October 14. Can I already request for an early appointment or should i wait until my son's birthday is in within 60 days? Should I just send an email? or is calling better?

Again, any response will highly be appreciated.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

@ JYousuf - thank you for the response sir. so does that mean that i would still wait for 3-5 months after my PD becomes current for the interview?

Also, my eldest son will be turning 21 this October 14. Can I already request for an early appointment or should i wait until my son's birthday is in within 60 days? Should I just send an email? or is calling better?

Again, any response will highly be appreciated.

please do visit visa bulletin.1988 PD is still on the process and have not reach the mid year yet,you will be notified as soon as it has reach your PD

Timeline

Hi everyone! :) newbie here. My application's PD is January 1989, and it became current last July 2010. As per the reply of the NVC to my email, I am already "documentarily qualified". Now with the retrogression and all, I confused because the current PD as of June 2011 is May1988. I've been waiting for more or less 4 months now and I am still hoping to recieve an appointment schedule. I would like to know if I will be able to recieve an appointment schedule anytime soon.

Any response would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Godbless.

you have the same PD with my sister,have completed all docu and just waiting for notification for med and interview as to my calculations your PD maybe current by march of 2012 base on visa bulletin that is on the process now

Timeline

@pampoo - do I still have to wait for 3-5 months after my PD has become current?

and im still confused about my son's "aging-out" matter. Help anyone! :crying:

Edited by Amset

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I have made it to the U.S.A on Saturday June 11.Port of entry was easy in Atlanta me and my daughter was the only immigrant there so we didn't have to wait long.Thanks to every one who have made this journey easy for me.Ricardo and visagrant respect to you.now the real journey begins

Good Luck Vinnette for the "Real Life" Journey..:thumbs:

Timeline

Hi everyone! :) newbie here. My application's PD is January 1989, and it became current last July 2010. As per the reply of the NVC to my email, I am already "documentarily qualified". Now with the retrogression and all, I confused because the current PD as of June 2011 is May1988. I've been waiting for more or less 4 months now and I am still hoping to recieve an appointment schedule. I would like to know if I will be able to recieve an appointment schedule anytime soon.

Any response would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Godbless.

Welcome Amset..:thumbs:

As such u r documentarily qualified..Have Fun..:yes:

Timeline

Hi,,

another inquiry..

The NVC has a new letter for us.. It says:

Dear (Beneficiary's Name):

Please provide us with the current email address for your attorney for record,

We will update your case record when we receive the updated email address. Case Number: ____

Petitioner's Name: _____

Principla's Applicant Name: _______

Preference Category: F4 - Brothers and Sisters of US Citizens

Priority Date: 04OCT1989

Foreign State Chargeability: PHILIPPINES

U.S Embassy/ COnsulate General: MANILA

What does it mean? Why do we need to have a lawyer? It means acquiring a lawyer will cause us again a money. Why is it like this? It's my first time to hear this. Please help us.

No need for a lawyer..:no:

NVC might be updating their records..Just send ur Contact email address to NVC..:yes:

have more patience in waiting.just visit visa bulletin

:thumbs:

Timeline

have more patience in waiting.just visit visa bulletin

thanks for the advice. I'm fine with waiting, its just that our priority date will most probably be current early next year, and our eldest son will no longer be able to migrate with us by then. I would just like to know whether these "expediting of cases" really happen when your child is turning 21. If so, is this time of the year good at all, given the slow progress in the visa bulletins. :help: My son will turn 21 on October 14.

Edited by Amset

Timeline

What's up people! Been gone for awhile, but now im back with some good and bad news to share. Good news, my parents had just passed their interview at the US Embassy in Manila. Im so happy! Finally after 23 years of waiting! They just have to wait for 1-2 weeks for their visas. Bad news,my brother who is 25yrs old wasn't included in the "medical appointment letter" despite paying the IV fee. Since he wasnt included in the letter, he didnt take the medical exam at St Lukes, therefore making him not eligible for an interview date. We already did the whole CSPA thing and yes, my brother isnt eligible anymore. Anyway, going back to my parents interview, towards the end of the interview, my parents told one of the Filipino consuls if they can at least look at my brother's case. The consul asked for my brother's IV notice, luckily my parents brought it and showed it to the consul. She saw that we already paid for my bro's IV fee, and advised my parents to tell my bro to schedule for an interview date through their website. The consul said there's no guarantee, but what the heck, we already spent 400 bucks so its worth the try. Lets hope for a miracle. Who knows, right? Thats all i want to share with you guys. Later!

Timeline

What's up people! Been gone for awhile, but now im back with some good and bad news to share. Good news, my parents had just passed their interview at the US Embassy in Manila. Im so happy! Finally after 23 years of waiting! They just have to wait for 1-2 weeks for their visas. Bad news,my brother who is 25yrs old wasn't included in the "medical appointment letter" despite paying the IV fee. Since he wasnt included in the letter, he didnt take the medical exam at St Lukes, therefore making him not eligible for an interview date. We already did the whole CSPA thing and yes, my brother isnt eligible anymore. Anyway, going back to my parents interview, towards the end of the interview, my parents told one of the Filipino consuls if they can at least look at my brother's case. The consul asked for my brother's IV notice, luckily my parents brought it and showed it to the consul. She saw that we already paid for my bro's IV fee, and advised my parents to tell my bro to schedule for an interview date through their website. The consul said there's no guarantee, but what the heck, we already spent 400 bucks so its worth the try. Lets hope for a miracle. Who knows, right? Thats all i want to share with you guys. Later!

Good Luck..:thumbs:

thanks for the advice. I'm fine with waiting, its just that our priority date will most probably be current early next year, and our eldest son will no longer be able to migrate with us by then. I would just like to know whether these "expediting of cases" really happen when your child is turning 21. If so, is this time of the year good at all, given the slow progress in the visa bulletins. :help: My son will turn 21 on October 14.

No..:no:

Timeline

@visagrant - really?! well that is just heartbreaking. anyways thank you for your response sir.

hi Amset. We have the same case. I'll be turning 21 this August and our PD is Oct1989.

Based on the updates of Visa Bulletin, I should be worrying now. :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.