5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

newbie here...

i have a question in filling DS230...what should we put in middle name? here in the philippines, usually we put our mother's family name when she was single, right? but in states middle name as they said refers to a given name if you have second name...im confused..example: given name is ANNA MARIA...first name is ANNA and middle name is MARIA????...help...

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

:( have patience

Sure..:yes:

I was checking for news from FB4 Visa filers from VJ members and not from NVC or USCIS..:)

newbie here...

i have a question in filling DS230...what should we put in middle name? here in the philippines, usually we put our mother's family name when she was single, right? but in states middle name as they said refers to a given name if you have second name...im confused..example: given name is ANNA MARIA...first name is ANNA and middle name is MARIA????...help...

Welcome snappy...:thumbs:

First Check all ur documents like birth certificate or any required documents u have to submit to NVC and then if all the documents have the same name example Anna Maria, then go by that name. If you don't have any middle name, then u can put N/A under the middle name in the form.

Good Luck.

Timeline

Sure..:yes:

I was checking for news from FB4 Visa filers from VJ members and not from NVC or USCIS..:)

Welcome snappy...:thumbs:

First Check all ur documents like birth certificate or any required documents u have to submit to NVC and then if all the documents have the same name example Anna Maria, then go by that name. If you don't have any middle name, then u can put N/A under the middle name in the form.

Good Luck.

@visagrant: Thank you!!!

another question: regarding our police clearance the NBI...i have had my birth certificate corrected for typographical error, do i need to get another NBI clearance for my wrong/incorrect birth certificate?

Edited by snappy

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

newbie here...

all documents submitted to NVC must tally based on corrected BC,ana maria is your given name right?middle name is when you are single followed by your husbands surname based on your marriage cert.

Timeline

all documents submitted to NVC must tally based on corrected BC,ana maria is your given name right?middle name is when you are single followed by your husbands surname based on your marriage cert.

@pampoo: Thanks a lot...

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello all,

My friend who has PD is 22/FEB/2000 is scheduled for interview on May 10, 2011

The May visa bulletin might move 1 month forward(my prediction is March 1, 2000)

Good luck to you all

F4 Priority Date Tracking

F4 Visa Category Filers

Thanks to visagrant for this idea :)

F4

PD: November 20, 2000

1st interview: Jan 2011

retrogression in Feb 2011

PD current in May 2012

2nd interview: May 2012 (approved)

Visa received: May 12, 2012

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hello all,

My friend who has PD is 22/FEB/2000 is scheduled for interview on May 10, 2011

The May visa bulletin might move 1 month forward(my prediction is March 1, 2000)

Good luck to you all

Congrats to your friend !

I also hope to see the bulletin move forward 1 month but would be happy if it moves 3 months :))

PD is 12 DEC 2000

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Can someone please tell me why does my local us embassy shows the current date of February 2011, though it was March 2011 1 week back !

http://dhaka.usembassy.gov/current_priority_dates.html

Edited by JYousuf

PD is 12 DEC 2000

Timeline

HI guys,

After months of waiting my parents finally got an interview date for May 19,2011 at 0630 , Manila Embassy, I'm so excited I got the e-mail from NVC today. I called my parents to tell them about the good news and they will go have their medical done next week. My only question right now is my youngest brother, from the last e-mail that NVC replied to me they told me that only the Manila embassy can make the final determination of his CSPA eligibility. My parents PD is April 1, 1988, my brother's DOB is Mar. 6,1987, PD became current today and as far as I remembered their I-130 was originally approved June 4, 1988. How can he go to the interview with them? He is not listed on the interview schedule so I wonder how can we have his CSPA age calculated by the embassy. ANybody has any ideas, thanks guys I will keep you posted.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

HI guys,

After months of waiting my parents finally got an interview date for May 19,2011 at 0630 , Manila Embassy, I'm so excited I got the e-mail from NVC today. I called my parents to tell them about the good news and they will go have their medical done next week. My only question right now is my youngest brother, from the last e-mail that NVC replied to me they told me that only the Manila embassy can make the final determination of his CSPA eligibility. My parents PD is April 1, 1988, my brother's DOB is Mar. 6,1987, PD became current today and as far as I remembered their I-130 was originally approved June 4, 1988. How can he go to the interview with them? He is not listed on the interview schedule so I wonder how can we have his CSPA age calculated by the embassy. ANybody has any ideas, thanks guys I will keep you posted.

Hi Lexlee08

This is how people need to be calculated their CSPA usually do. I hope this help you.

Chào bạn !

If you live far from the embassy you can email and attach necessary documents.

Principal applicant email the US embassy and tell them that the child is qualified for CSPA. Please write your case number, petitioner's name and date of birth, principal's name and date of birth, and the CSPA child's name and date of birth. Priority date and approve date. Attach the interview letter to the email. Birth certificate of the CSPA child, passport, identification document, Approve letter from USCIS.

If the principal applicant can come to the embassy, choose the time that the embassy assign in their website to answer questions (It's from 1pm to 3pm in my country)

Bring birth certificate of the CSPA child.

Passport (principal and CSPA child)

interview letter

approval letter

and some important document

Interview letter

Cash or check to pay for the IV fee if the child is qualified

I might missing something, please correct me. This is all I know. I hope this help.

F4 Priority Date Tracking

F4 Visa Category Filers

Thanks to visagrant for this idea :)

F4

PD: November 20, 2000

1st interview: Jan 2011

retrogression in Feb 2011

PD current in May 2012

2nd interview: May 2012 (approved)

Visa received: May 12, 2012

Timeline

Hi Lexlee08

This is how people need to be calculated their CSPA usually do. I hope this help you.

Chào bạn !

If you live far from the embassy you can email and attach necessary documents.

Principal applicant email the US embassy and tell them that the child is qualified for CSPA. Please write your case number, petitioner's name and date of birth, principal's name and date of birth, and the CSPA child's name and date of birth. Priority date and approve date. Attach the interview letter to the email. Birth certificate of the CSPA child, passport, identification document, Approve letter from USCIS.

If the principal applicant can come to the embassy, choose the time that the embassy assign in their website to answer questions (It's from 1pm to 3pm in my country)

Bring birth certificate of the CSPA child.

Passport (principal and CSPA child)

interview letter

approval letter

and some important document

Interview letter

Cash or check to pay for the IV fee if the child is qualified

I might missing something, please correct me. This is all I know. I hope this help.

Hi Carol,

Thanks for the information, it is indeed very helpful. I guess my next question is the approval letter form USCIS? Is this the copy of I-797(notice of action)? My uncle lost it, I only have a copy of the original I-130 that I got from NVC, which stated approval date of June 4, 1988, will this be enough? Can I e-mail the US embassy myself since I am my mom's agent of choice plus she does not have an e-mail too. I guess I need to be working on the documents we need, thanks again.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Carol,

Thanks for the information, it is indeed very helpful. I guess my next question is the approval letter form USCIS? Is this the copy of I-797(notice of action)? My uncle lost it, I only have a copy of the original I-130 that I got from NVC, which stated approval date of June 4, 1988, will this be enough? Can I e-mail the US embassy myself since I am my mom's agent of choice plus she does not have an e-mail too. I guess I need to be working on the documents we need, thanks again.

unless you're requesting that USCIS send your case to another consulate you will not need the NOA that you are referring to.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.