5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i have a quick question . i am a us citizen i wanna apply for my sister .she is married . Our born country is Pakistan. she married to Indian citizen .she lived in India 2 years but now she is living in Saudi Arabia with his husband and two kids from 4 years. my question is that in i 130 petition what address i have to write down for my relative. India WHERE HER HUSBAND HOME. OR PAKISTAN WHERE SHE BORN AND RAISED OR SAUDI OW WHERE SHE IS RESIDING DUE TO HER HUSBAND JOB.

THX IN ADVANCE I M LOOKING FORWARD FOR YOU REPLY.

haan6gd.gif

27899jbdiigbhzo.gif

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

The Merit visa category will also be of some help. One year after the new CIR takes effect, Merit visa applicants with pending F3 and F4 petitions will be able to submit their applications.

So, aside from the possible disappearance of the F4 category, the new CIR is generally favorable for family based petitions. Also, keep in mind that the CIR is not a sure thing. There will be a lot of debate in Congress about this during the next few months and no one is guaranteeing that there will actually be immigration reform during this year.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The Merit visa category will also be of some help. One year after the new CIR takes effect, Merit visa applicants with pending F3 and F4 petitions will be able to submit their applications.

So, aside from the possible disappearance of the F4 category, the new CIR is generally favorable for family based petitions. Also, keep in mind that the CIR is not a sure thing. There will be a lot of debate in Congress about this during the next few months and no one is guaranteeing that there will actually be immigration reform during this year.

I agree with you totally here...yet again, people are going round and round in circles here without actually taking the time to read the details properly...we have discussed this a number of times...it is clearly stated in the proposed senate CIR bill that if you have a pending or approved petition in any other category then you can NOT apply/qualify for the Merit Track One and as F4 petitions can still be filed 18 months after the bill is enacted it leads to believe that you all F4 petitions will flow through Merit Track Two (backlog cat) at some point when your wait has been at least 5 years.

Filed: Timeline

I agree with you totally here...yet again, people are going round and round in circles here without actually taking the time to read the details properly...we have discussed this a number of times...it is clearly stated in the proposed senate CIR bill that if you have a pending or approved petition in any other category then you can NOT apply/qualify for the Merit Track One and as F4 petitions can still be filed 18 months after the bill is enacted it leads to believe that you all F4 petitions will flow through Merit Track Two (backlog cat) at some point when your wait has been at least 5 years.

Hello,

Let's say this bill passes and becomes Law. Would this make all F4 ''waiting'' applicants process faster since there is going to be no more F4 category why should they keep people waiting?

Timeline

i have a quick question . i am a us citizen i wanna apply for my sister .she is married . Our born country is Pakistan. she married to Indian citizen .she lived in India 2 years but now she is living in Saudi Arabia with his husband and two kids from 4 years. my question is that in i 130 petition what address i have to write down for my relative. India WHERE HER HUSBAND HOME. OR PAKISTAN WHERE SHE BORN AND RAISED OR SAUDI OW WHERE SHE IS RESIDING DUE TO HER HUSBAND JOB.

THX IN ADVANCE I M LOOKING FORWARD FOR YOU REPLY.

Right now you can provide any address while filing I-130 and later on during the Next Stage(DS3032 & DS 230), you can provide the email address of your sister to avoid multiple address..As she was born in pakistan, she will be interviewed by the US consulate in Pakistan, get medicals in pakistan and then she has to provide the PCC (police clearance certificate from Saudi Arabia along with Pakistan) at the time of the Interview.

Good Luck..good.gif

Timeline

Hello,

Let's say this bill passes and becomes Law. Would this make all F4 ''waiting'' applicants process faster since there is going to be no more F4 category why should they keep people waiting?

Right now There is no "Ink" in the "House" for the President to sign..Just Pun Intended..smile.png

Unless the bill passes through the House and then President signs..the bill becomes a law..

Good Luck..good.gif

Timeline

yes.gif

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Dominica
Timeline

Hi , I am from the Caribbean specifically Commonwealth of DOmnica, please find my family's visa journey to date.

petition filed by Husband' sister - May 2001

petition approved - do not know

ds-3032 form received in October 2010 dated August 2010

invoice payment received - November 2010

fees paid and ds 230 filled out

place on a waiting list as no visa numbers were available.

June 2013 sent an email to NVC inquiring about case, was advise that visa interview was scheduled for July 29, 2013

July 24 - travel to Barbados

July 25 - medicals done

side note, our 21 year old son was not invited to the interview nor to do medicals but we will discuss that after our interview on Monday mornin

i will post on the interview on Monday

Timeline

Hi , I am from the Caribbean specifically Commonwealth of DOmnica, please find my family's visa journey to date.

petition filed by Husband' sister - May 2001

petition approved - do not know

ds-3032 form received in October 2010 dated August 2010

invoice payment received - November 2010

fees paid and ds 230 filled out

place on a waiting list as no visa numbers were available.

June 2013 sent an email to NVC inquiring about case, was advise that visa interview was scheduled for July 29, 2013

July 24 - travel to Barbados

July 25 - medicals done

side note, our 21 year old son was not invited to the interview nor to do medicals but we will discuss that after our interview on Monday mornin

i will post on the interview on Monday

Good Luck for your Interview..

New i/ls will be sent within several days,so please pay attetion to it.if you get any news,please update it here.

good.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.