5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one post removed for language content.
last_post.png Publish, post, upload, distribute, disseminate or offer to disseminate any inappropriate, offensive, defamatory, infringing, obscene or unlawful/illegal material, information or content.

the above portion of the terms of service (TOS) pertains to profanity.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum. Can someone let me know with my information below, what is the next step that I should expect and when that will happen? We submitted the financial support form since 10/2011, do we need to resubmit it?

I appreciate all of your help.

Preference Category: F4

Priority Date: 09Jul2001

Foreign State Chargeability: VIETNAM

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Though I liked the idea at first, I find the success of discharge petition unlikely. Yes, there seems to be enough number of Republicans to join the House Democrats to vote on and pass the Senate's CIR, but the House GOP leadership will likely issue a "blue slip" before the vote occurs (there're 30 days between discharge petition and actual voting session) and send it back to the upper chamber for reconsideration.

Blue slip is a constitutional privilege for the House, used to reject any of Senate's bills that raises revenue (which the Senate CIR clearly does). The Article 1, Section 7 of US Constitution states that such bill has to originate from the House. As a matter of the Constitution rather than politics and policy-making, House leadership is very likely to reject the Senate's CIR the moment it lands on the floor.

Therefore the best chance for Senate's CIR is to pass is through House-Senate conference, which probably won't occur till this October (final voting maybe in November).

Unfortunately, CIR passage in September is almost impossible.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum. Can someone let me know with my information below, what is the next step that I should expect and when that will happen? We submitted the financial support form since 10/2011, do we need to resubmit it?

I appreciate all of your help.

Preference Category: F4

Priority Date: 09Jul2001

Foreign State Chargeability: VIETNAM

Welcome...

You may have to redo your Medicals, Police Certificates and it is in the best interest to carry an updated financial support form when you are called for the consulate interview..

Good Luck..good.gif

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Q.3. What about visa petitions like the F3 and F4 that have been on file with CIS for a long time?
A.3. Family-based petitions that were filed before the new CIR, and have

been pending for five years, will be eligible for Merit visas at the start of the fiscal year after the new CIR takes effect. If the new CIR becomes law during this summer, they will be eligible for Merit visas starting October 1st this year.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Q.3. What about visa petitions like the F3 and F4 that have been on file with CIS for a long time?

A.3. Family-based petitions that were filed before the new CIR, and have

been pending for five years, will be eligible for Merit visas at the start of the fiscal year after the new CIR takes effect. If the new CIR becomes law during this summer, they will be eligible for Merit visas starting October 1st this year.

i thought merit visa will be available from FY 2015 starting from Oct 2014...

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i thought merit visa will be available from FY 2015 starting from Oct 2014...

Merit based will start from 1st octuber 2014.

Mentioned in senate bill passed.

Jolly don't spread panic.

Savvy Boy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hello to all<

i have a quick question . i am a us citizen i wanna apply for my sister .she is married . Our born country is Pakistan. she married to Indian citizen .she lived in India 2 years but now she is living in Saudi Arabia with his husband and two kids from 4 years. my question is that in i 130 petition what address i have to write down for my relative. India WHERE HER HUSBAND HOME. OR PAKISTAN WHERE SHE BORN AND RAISED OR SAUDI OW WHERE SHE IS RESIDING DUE TO HER HUSBAND JOB.

THX IN ADVANCE I M LOOKING FORWARD FOR YOU REPLY.

haan6gd.gif

27899jbdiigbhzo.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.