5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hope you guys are getting IL by now... ILs are rolling in in Fb1 category confirming at least 9weeks movement for now

We all are happy for the movement in the Fb1 category...but if your "Instinct" has any good movement for F4 category...we will celebrate too..yes.gif

Good Luck..good.gif

Timeline

Hi everybody, I am also trying to figure out this new reform about siblings.. I have a question, if someone could help. I will be passing citizenship test on july and I also would love to bring my brother to usa. I just read this:

Siblings: Family-based immigration for siblings will be eliminated. U.S. citizens with sibling petitions currently pending will be able to complete their application of sponsorship but the sibling category will be eliminated 18 months after the bill is enacted.

Is this mean that after the bill is enacted I can still be able to apply for my brother in this 18 months period? As I understood everybody who are already in process will be clear etc..now if I apply in this period is my brother will have to wait 10 years to come here or it will be faster? Please if someone now how is that works?

Thank you so much everybody and good luck to all of you smile.png

Yes, The next day after u get your citizenship, just go ahead and file for your brother. The petition you filed will also be considered for the merit based category too for which he might stand a good chance to get his green card..

Good Luck..good.gif

Timeline

[struck out->] (2) FAMILY-BASED IMMIGRANTS- Subject to subsection (d), an alien who is the beneficiary of a petition filed to accord status under section 203(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act-- [<-Struck out]

[struck out->] (A) prior to the date of the enactment of this Act, if the visa was not issued within 5 years after the date on which such petition was filed; or [<-Struck out]

[struck out->] (B) after such date of enactment, to accord status under paragraph (3) or (4) of section 203(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1153 (a)), as in effect the day before the effective date specified in section 217(a)(3 )of this Act, and the visa was not issued within 5 years after the date on which petition was filed. [<-Struck out]

Technically what does this all mean

What i could understand from this is....Assuming October 1 as date the CIR becomes law

(A)Then any petitions for which visas has not been issued for 5 years before October 1 2013..."October 1 2008"

(B)Here they might consider the 18 months after the enactment as a grace period..April 2015..."April 2010"....ClockWatch2.gif

Good Luck..good.gif

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Good news! There's a way to pass CIR at House of Representatives bypassing Boehner's adherence to Hastert Rule (which isn't really a rule, per se) and GOP hard-liners, after all.

DISCHARGE PETITION! http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/06/how-immigration-reform-can-pass.html

Here's the idea: if 218 House members (which is majority) sign a petition for discharge of CIR (which is now sent to House), it can overrule the Speaker's authority to reject the bill and bring it to the floor for vote (thereby "discharging" the bill from the committee which reviews it).

Currently there are 201 Democrats in the House. If 17 Republicans join the other side of the aisle and sign the discharge petition passing CIR at House has a real chance. And current estimation is that about 30-40 Republicans (moderates) support the CIR as proposed. We'll know for sure in early June when Boehner will count who's in and who's out, but it nevertheless tells that CIR can be passed well before the summer's end if House Democrats act fast enough.

Of course, it's not certain whether entire House Democratic caucus will vote for CIR. But let's keep our hopes up. Perhaps CIR really will be passed before the summer's end as President Obama hopes it would.

Timeline

Good news! There's a way to pass CIR at House of Representatives bypassing Boehner's adherence to Hastert Rule (which isn't really a rule, per se) and GOP hard-liners, after all.

DISCHARGE PETITION! http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/06/how-immigration-reform-can-pass.html

Here's the idea: if 218 House members (which is majority) sign a petition for discharge of CIR (which is now sent to House), it can overrule the Speaker's authority to reject the bill and bring it to the floor for vote (thereby "discharging" the bill from the committee which reviews it).

Currently there are 201 Democrats in the House. If 17 Republicans join the other side of the aisle and sign the discharge petition passing CIR at House has a real chance. And current estimation is that about 30-40 Republicans (moderates) support the CIR as proposed. We'll know for sure in early June when Boehner will count who's in and who's out, but it nevertheless tells that CIR can be passed well before the summer's end if House Democrats act fast enough.

Of course, it's not certain whether entire House Democratic caucus will vote for CIR. But let's keep our hopes up. Perhaps CIR really will be passed before the summer's end as President Obama hopes it would.

Discharge petition is possible...but for that democrats need 17 Republicans to reach 218 votes....

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/s744#summary/libraryofcongress

above link is the summary of bill passed.

Now tell me what will happen to approved petitions of F4

is this total elimination of F4

Savvy Boy

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

CONGRATS EVERY BODY FOR SENATE CIR VICTORY AND keep your eyes on.

All the best All vj members and now pray for CIR to get pass earlier as possible before new fiscal year has start.

Good luck

PD:29MAY2002

DOCUMENTARILY QUALUFIED SNICE JAN2012

WAITIN FOR VISA NUMBER

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Discharge petition is possible...but for that democrats need 17 Republicans to reach 218 votes....

Now its All up to Committee chairman and House speaker to get Done this bill before OCTOBER.

Edited by pak2002

PD:29MAY2002

DOCUMENTARILY QUALUFIED SNICE JAN2012

WAITIN FOR VISA NUMBER

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.