5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am in this situation as my sister has filed for me in September 2011 and the petition is not yet approved since the California Service Center takes 38 or whatever months to approve.

I think the "waiting for over 5 years" part is not just going to be done once and then never again, I think it will move as time goes by. If I am right, I will become eligible under that rule after September 2016. I could be wrong and it could be one and done type thing.

Right now I don't know if it's better for me if they outright cancel my petition so I can go the STEM way ASAP or just wait it out. Even if they don't cancel it, I am still going to apply for merit-based visa and see what happens.

Have Faith in Patience..

Good Luck..good.gif

Timeline

house Republican speaker will break hastert rule to pass CIR bill in the house..thats good news for us...

http://townhall.com/columnists/neilmccabe/2013/06/15/boehners-hastert-rule-revoke-for-obamas-immigration-agenda-puts-gop-rule-at-risk-n1620551

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

house Republican speaker will break hastert rule to pass CIR bill in the house..thats good news for us...

http://townhall.com/columnists/neilmccabe/2013/06/15/boehners-hastert-rule-revoke-for-obamas-immigration-agenda-puts-gop-rule-at-risk-n1620551

What is Hastert rule...!!

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hastert Rule: if the majority of the majority House caucus (currently Republicans) does not support the proposed bill, the bill shall not be put on floor for discussion, regardless of the position held by the minority caucus (currently Democrats).

Suppose all 201 House Democrats vote AYE on the Senate CIR bill. Then it only needs 17 Republicans to join in the House to reach the majority support of 218 and be passed there. But if Hastert Rule is applied, over 117 Republicans (which is majority of 234-member House Republican caucus) need to support it just to even have the bill stay on the floor and be discussed. Waiving this rule will greatly increase the chance of CIR bill passing in the House - that is, if the House takes up the Senate's CIR bill.

Edited by iJustMadeThis

Timeline

how CIR will effect Administrative processing at islamabad?

will administrative processing speed up ?

Passage of the CIR should speed up the processing at the consulates all over the world.

Timeline

Hastert Rule: if the majority of the majority House caucus (currently Republicans) does not support the proposed bill, the bill shall not be put on floor for discussion, regardless of the position held by the minority caucus (currently Democrats).

Suppose all 201 House Democrats vote AYE on the Senate CIR bill. Then it only needs 17 Republicans to join in the House to reach the majority support of 218 and be passed there. But if Hastert Rule is applied, over 117 Republicans (which is majority of 234-member House Republican caucus) need to support it just to even have the bill stay on the floor and be discussed. Waiving this rule will greatly increase the chance of CIR bill passing in the House - that is, if the House takes up the Senate's CIR bill.

Good one...

Timeline

Marco Rubio said 95 % of CIR is in perfect shape........thats one more good news..now the problem is with the border security ..and hopefully, they will resolve this issue......

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/16/18987395-rubio-95-percent-of-immigration-bill-in-perfect-shape-still-needs-border-fixes?lite

Which is correct??

http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2531983

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am in this situation as my sister has filed for me in September 2011 and the petition is not yet approved since the California Service Center takes 38 or whatever months to approve.

I think the "waiting for over 5 years" part is not just going to be done once and then never again, I think it will move as time goes by. If I am right, I will become eligible under that rule after September 2016. I could be wrong and it could be one and done type thing.

Right now I don't know if it's better for me if they outright cancel my petition so I can go the STEM way ASAP or just wait it out. Even if they don't cancel it, I am still going to apply for merit-based visa and see what happens.

Apologies, I just saw this post now...

I think what you have said makes some sense now...we already know the fate of the petitions over 5 years in a pending or approved position as per the bill but with no mention of the under 5 year old petitions and the fact that we would not be eligible to enter the merit track one system with an exisiting petition in place...this makes sense that those who have petitions under 5 years will go through Merit Track Two, the backlog line, but only when their petition is pending over 5 years.

I am in the same timeframe as yourself, July 2011 is my PD...not long left pal, 3 years is nothing till we get approved at least...time will fly. Overall I agree that the total time spent in the worlds longest que for sunshine and the American dream is about 7/8 years.

You could go down the STEM route but get some official consultation to see if it would be in your benefit to go that way or not.

Timeline

Your source is correct.

Boehner will UPHOLD Hastert Rule. Attorney Carl Shusterman from LA has confirmed this.

Let's hope he changes his mind, as a flip-flopper he already is.

Filed: Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Apologies, I just saw this post now...

I think what you have said makes some sense now...we already know the fate of the petitions over 5 years in a pending or approved position as per the bill but with no mention of the under 5 year old petitions and the fact that we would not be eligible to enter the merit track one system with an exisiting petition in place...this makes sense that those who have petitions under 5 years will go through Merit Track Two, the backlog line, but only when their petition is pending over 5 years.

I am in the same timeframe as yourself, July 2011 is my PD...not long left pal, 3 years is nothing till we get approved at least...time will fly. Overall I agree that the total time spent in the worlds longest que for sunshine and the American dream is about 7/8 years.

You could go down the STEM route but get some official consultation to see if it would be in your benefit to go that way or not.

I hope I am right and it is a floating date and not just a one time thing that catches everyone who has waited at least 5 years at the time the bill is signed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.