5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Well I made a similar request on this forum a while back and not one person responded back which I think is a real shame as there are many people out there that have cases/petitions less than 5 years old that are seeking clarification and this forum has alot of members with good knowledge that could share some good insights. All of you with petitions over 5 years old, don't panic...everything shows that you will get the visa via merit track two which is not going to be subject to any further criteria because you have waited long enough. The priority date movement will increase by the end of the year drametically so hold tight.

Any how, I'm not sure Track One will be the case for petitions less than 5 years for 2 reasons because if you read the S744 bill there is a line that states:

Reason 1:

'INELIGIBILITY OF ALIENS WITH PENDING OR APPROVED PETITIONS.—An alien who has a petition pending or approved in another immigrant category under this section or section 201 may not apply for a merit-based immigrant visa.'

Reason 2:

This goes for many of you on this forum...alot of you guys are not in the US at the moment, so all those that are not in the US and are waiting in there country of origin will be greatly disadvantaged in the merit system as they will lose out on more than 20 points due to no emplpoyment status and history in the US. Clearly, immigration leaders are aware of this but it has not been addressed yet, so there will be more clarity on this topic otherwise many current F4 petitions from abroad wil be left with many confusing elements to consider.

This seems to be the general feeling that is out there, feel free to read up on some of the articles on AILA's website to know more.

I am in this situation as my sister has filed for me in September 2011 and the petition is not yet approved since the California Service Center takes 38 or whatever months to approve.

I think the "waiting for over 5 years" part is not just going to be done once and then never again, I think it will move as time goes by. If I am right, I will become eligible under that rule after September 2016. I could be wrong and it could be one and done type thing.

Right now I don't know if it's better for me if they outright cancel my petition so I can go the STEM way ASAP or just wait it out. Even if they don't cancel it, I am still going to apply for merit-based visa and see what happens.

I read the 5yr thing aswel but it said it would take 7/8yrs to clear...dont think it would make much difference the now for people but maybe in future..i have been waiting 4 1/2 yrs under f3

In the coming four months visa bulletin dates for F4 will move between 30 weeks to 40 weeks without CIR bill....but if CIR bill will pass in august 2013..then the movement will be very very big......

Why that much??? :)

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

I am waiting for F4 visa with P.D 11 April 2002.I've submitted all the required documents like DS 230,affidavit of support etc.My case was approved in April 2009.They sent me an email on Jan 2012 stating that my case is completed and I should wait for my P.D to be current.I have a son who's 19 yrs 11 months old now.I believe by the time my P.D becomes current which is by the end of 2014 he will be over 21 yrs old.Will he be protected by the CSPA(child status protection act)?Will he be able to go with me?

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

I am waiting for F4 visa with P.D 11 April 2002.I've submitted all the required documents like DS 230,affidavit of support etc.My case was approved in April 2009.They sent me an email on Jan 2012 stating that my case is completed and I should wait for my P.D to be current.I have a son who's 19 yrs 11 months old now.I believe by the time my P.D becomes current which is by the end of 2014 he will be over 21 yrs old.Will he be protected by the CSPA(child status protection act)?Will he be able to go with me?

PD date: mid-2002

Approved: mid-2009

Difference: 7 years

Current son's biological age: 19 yrs and 11 months

Current son's calendar age per CSPA: 19 yrs and 11 months - 7 years = 12 yrs and 11 months

Time between the approved year (mid-2009) and the expected PD current year (end of 2014): about 5 yrs and 7 months

CSPA age: calendar age (12 yrs and 11 months) + time since approval till PD (about 5 yrs and 7 months) = 18 yrs and 6 months (below 21 yrs)

Yes, per current projection, your son will join you to the United States.

Edited by iJustMadeThis

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congrates smile.png

How are you my friend sachin ?

How is your life going in United states ?

Did you got your Green Card , SSN and Driving License ?

what about your studies ?

our koie bachi phasaie ?

Savvy Boy

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

In the coming four months visa bulletin dates for F4 will move between 30 weeks to 40 weeks without CIR bill....but if CIR bill will pass in august 2013..then the movement will be very very big......

Well even though it contradicts to what july visa bulletin says about up coming movements, I appreciate you for you positive thoughts...!

Priority Date : 18 JUL 2001.

Interviewed Once : DEC 2010.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Guys, predictions in VB are essentially 100% accurate. Mr Oppenheim has the F4 demand data untill July 2002 available. It's easy for him to make projections of PD movement in the coming months given remaining number of visas.

F4

06/17/2003: Petition Filed

03/12/2010: Approved

Eligible for CSPA protection until August, 2016.

07/06/2015: Petitioner's name appeared at ceac.state.gov.

07/17/2015: Response received from NVC that the case is now eligible for further processing.

07/25/2015: DS-261 opened and accessible on ceac.state.gov. Still no NVC Welcome Letter received. DS-261 completed online.

07/30/2015: Child's name (already over 21) removed from the case.

08/05/2015: NVC welcome letter and AOS fee bill received. $120 AOS fee paid by Electronic Fund Transfer from a personal U.S checking account.

08/07/2015: $120 AOS fee payment processed and showed "Paid" online.

08/24/2015: Immigrant visa fee bill ($325) received via email.

08/25/2015: Immigrant visa fee paid.

08/31/2015: IV payment cleared and DS-260 opened. Start to fill out DS-260

10/06/2015: All supporting documents and financial documents submitted to NVC electronically by email.

10/08/2015: DS-260 form completed for adults.

10/08/2015: Acknowledgement email received from NVC. Case number changed from GUZ to GZO.

10/09/2015: Another acknowledgement email from NVC stating that it would take 30 days for them to review our submitted documents

11/30/2015: Checklist received. NVC did not see one of our police certificate (we sent them for sure)

12/05/2015: Missing documents submitted again.

01/15/2016: Notification of case completion. Waiting for our interview letter.

02/08/2016: Visa bulletin for March was out - our priority date will be current in March.

02/12/2016: Received interview letter. Will interview on Wednesday, April 27th in Guangzhou, China.

02/17/2016: Case arrived at the consulate. Reached out to them to add the child's name back to the case.

02/18/2016: Consulate responded and requested to email them the documents. Documents emailed immediately.

02/19/2016: Consulate responded again and asked to submit paper documents to the consulate and submit DS-260 for child.

02/20/2016: DS-260 for child was filled out and submitted.

02/22/2016: Documents submitted to consulate via bank.

02/29/2016: New interview letter received via email. Child's name was included.

03/01/2016: Priority date is officially current, CSPA age will be 20 years, 7 months and 2 days.

04/21/2016: Medical exam in Guangzhou, China.

04/27/2016: Interview - passed.

04/29/2016: Immigrant visa issued.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

I am also in the same page. Your son is already protected. No worry.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My analysis and thoughts are on the next part of the Visa Surge..rolleyes.gif

Good Luck..good.gif

I am also in the same page. Your son is already protected. No worry.

yes.gif

Good Luck..good.gif

PD date: mid-2002

Approved: mid-2009

Difference: 7 years

Current son's biological age: 19 yrs and 11 months

Current son's calendar age per CSPA: 19 yrs and 11 months - 7 years = 12 yrs and 11 months

Time between the approved year (mid-2009) and the expected PD current year (end of 2014): about 5 yrs and 7 months

CSPA age: calendar age (12 yrs and 11 months) + time since approval till PD (about 5 yrs and 7 months) = 18 yrs and 6 months (below 21 yrs)

Yes, per current projection, your son will join you to the United States.

Good Analysis...good.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.