5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

• Family-Based Immigration

The outline states that it will clear out the backlog of family-based immigration but it is not clear if this will be done by increasing visa levels or by simply closing the line and letting time run its course. No new F-4 (siblings of U.S. citizens) applications will be accepted 18 months after the law is enacted. The current F-2A category will become part of the immediate relative category, and the IR category appears to be expanded to include derivatives of IRs. The F-1, F-2B, and F-3 categories will be reshuffled in ways that are not entirely clear but which appear to make use of the V Visa (permitting certain individuals to live and work in the U.S. while they await visa availability) and which cut off future immigration of married sons and daughters who are over the age of 30.

Turning F-2A individuals into IRs and retiring the F-4 category will help clear the backlog and these newly available visas will be shared among employment- and family-based categories. It is not obvious how the math would work out and if these measures alone (as opposed to raising the visa caps) could clear the backlogs in 10 years or less.

http://ccnnimmigration.wordpress.com/

Edited by pak2002

PD:29MAY2002

DOCUMENTARILY QUALUFIED SNICE JAN2012

WAITIN FOR VISA NUMBER

Hi

I want to ask persons who understood the new merit system and the CIR

my PD May 19 2004

1- will i pass by the qualification point system or not ? (this quistion is very important to me)

2- what will be the aproximate date for me to be currunt?

thxx

Originally Posted by

Does the bill specify how they are going to handle current FB backlog for siblings?

Yes. Please see my summary above. Pending FbB-4 will be able to get a "merit based immigrant visa" under the "merit based track two". Merit based track two has no numerical limit whatsoever.

If the FB-4 relative filed before the bill is adopted: They will have to wait between 1 and 7 years. (1/7th will be clear in each of the years 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021).

If the FB-4 relative filed after the bill was adopted but before the category expires in 2014: They will have to wait until 2022.

Taken from another forum, hope it answers your question.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hi

I want to ask persons who understood the new merit system and the CIR

1- will i pass by the qualification point system or not ? (this quistion is very important to me)

2- what will be the aproximate date for me to be currunt?

thxx

Originally Posted by

Does the bill specify how they are going to handle current FB backlog for siblings?

Yes. Please see my summary above. Pending FbB-4 will be able to get a "merit based immigrant visa" under the "merit based track two". Merit based track two has no numerical limit whatsoever.

If the FB-4 relative filed before the bill is adopted: They will have to wait between 1 and 7 years. (1/7th will be clear in each of the years 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021).

If the FB-4 relative filed after the bill was adopted but before the category expires in 2014: They will have to wait until 2022.

Taken from another forum, hope it answers your question.

What about the year 2014 !! I understand 1/7 th will be cleared each year starting from 2015 but those who already waited more than 11 yrs and waiting for to be current how they they will be cleared ! They will be cleared after 2015 !!

Edited by ikabirul

Timeline

siblings can now go to united states for 60 days on V visa.

siblings over the age of 31.

V Visa non immigrant visa.

I think you are law maker......keep it up :dance::rofl:

Edited by pak2002

WAITIN FOR VISA NUMBER

Hello to Everyone, This paragraph is from a post in The New York Times

Q. and A.: The Senate Immigration Bill

By JULIA PRESTON

Published: April 22, 2013

Readers were invited to send in questions for Julia Preston, the national immigration correspondent for The New York Times, and her responses follow. Some questions were edited for publication.

Q: Your news analysis, on April 17, said that "the bill would reduce the categories of family members eligible for green cards, eliminating siblings of United States citizens." I am a United States citizen, and I wasn't aware that I can currently get a green card for my sibling who is a foreigner. Could you please tell me more? — Former Soviet

A: Under the current system, the distribution of visas each year to foreigners applying to become legal permanent residents — in other words, to receive a green card — is done through a list of preferences. For foreigners applying for green cards based on their family ties (as opposed to their work skills), the fourth visa preference is for brothers and sisters of adult United States citizens. About 65,000 visas are available each year for those siblings.

The Senate bill would eliminate that sibling preference 18 months after the law takes effect. The senators have said that applications already submitted under that preference will be completed; no one with a valid application who is waiting in line will be left out.

The backlogs in that category are huge. The longest wait is for siblings from the Philippines. Visas are being issued this month to Filipino siblings who applied in July 1989.

The New York Times

What about the year 2014 !! I understand 1/7 th will be cleared each year starting from 2015 but those who already waited more than 11 yrs and waiting for to be current how they they will be cleared ! They will be cleared after 2015 !!

In the 1st fiscal year after enactment the FB% are as follows.

FB 1 20%

FB 2B)20%

FB3 20%

FB4 40%

Since initially there are the same numbers of visas available for fewer categories then dates would move more quickly.

Timeline

Hello to Everyone, This paragraph is from a post in The New York Times

Q. and A.: The Senate Immigration Bill

By JULIA PRESTON

Published: April 22, 2013

Readers were invited to send in questions for Julia Preston, the national immigration correspondent for The New York Times, and her responses follow. Some questions were edited for publication.

Q: Your news analysis, on April 17, said that "the bill would reduce the categories of family members eligible for green cards, eliminating siblings of United States citizens." I am a United States citizen, and I wasn't aware that I can currently get a green card for my sibling who is a foreigner. Could you please tell me more? — Former Soviet

A: Under the current system, the distribution of visas each year to foreigners applying to become legal permanent residents — in other words, to receive a green card — is done through a list of preferences. For foreigners applying for green cards based on their family ties (as opposed to their work skills), the fourth visa preference is for brothers and sisters of adult United States citizens. About 65,000 visas are available each year for those siblings.

The Senate bill would eliminate that sibling preference 18 months after the law takes effect. The senators have said that applications already submitted under that preference will be completed; no one with a valid application who is waiting in line will be left out.

The backlogs in that category are huge. The longest wait is for siblings from the Philippines. Visas are being issued this month to Filipino siblings who applied in July 1989.

The New York Times

:thumbs:

In the 1st fiscal year after enactment the FB% are as follows.

FB 1 20%

FB 2B)20%

FB3 20%

FB4 40%

Since initially there are the same numbers of visas available for fewer categories then dates would move more quickly.

:thumbs:

WAITIN FOR VISA NUMBER

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

but they mentioned that after 18 months they eliminate f4 and family sponsored decreased from 226000 to 161000....

As they eliminate F4 visa. i think it means that after 18 months they will accept new petitions of 161000 visas only.. its not linked with backlog.

Edited by Nick_34

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

but they mentioned that after 18 months they eliminate f4 and family sponsored decreased from 226000 to 161000....

As they eliminate F4 visa. i think it means that after 18 months they will accept new petitions of 161000 visas only.. its not linked with backlog.

now the question is..what is the immediate effect of this bill on F4 category......how fast visa bulletin dates will move ?????????

now if this bill become law before august than we will see very huge jump in September 2013 visa bulletin for F4......

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.