5,848 posts in this topic

EVEN IF THEY DECIDE TO DO AWAY WITH F4 AND F3 CASES AND CONVERT THEM TO EB THERE WILL HAVE TO BE A CUTOFF DATE. EMPLOYMENT BASE IS NOW DEALING WITH 2007 APPLICANTS.IF ANYTHING HAS TO CHANGE I THINK IT WILL BE WITH CASES FILLED IN 2007 UPWARD. IF YOUR PRIORITY DATE IS F4 2006 THAT DATE IN EB IS LONG GONE SO WHAT WOULD BE THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE POINT SYSTEM IN THAT CASE.

Filed: Timeline

Hi guys, I called last week and she did a service request. That's all so far. I have been checking the USCIS website daily to see if there are any changes in my status. As soon I get something I'll let you guys know.

Well I called uscis today and got a very troubling response. At first they were confused because as a dependent said I shouldn't have been able to file for i-485 not realizing im derivative from F4. He said they are just now looking at cases from august from 2010 before retrogression and that I should expect an 5-8 month wait!!! That's ridiculous! My pd is apr30,2001 I should be issued visa this month! It's already been 12 years another 3 with retrogression!!! I will call again to get someone else. I don't think the person knew much. Lurxor and nzbik, let me know if you guys get an update.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

April 27, 2001: I-130 Filed

February 2, 2010: I-130 Approved

August 1, 2010: Priority Date Current

August 20, 2010: Received Ds-3032

August 24, 2010: Emailed Ds-3032 with scanned copy attachment

August 25, 2010: Posted Ds-3032 Hard-copy

August 26, 2010: Choice of Agent selection received by NVC. IV fee enabled for all the beneficiaries, including CSPA cases.

August 30, 2010: IV processing fee bills email received.

November 18, 2010: IV processing fee and AOS fee paid.

November 20, 2010: Coversheet received in inbox (with the mistake related to derivative’s payment)

December 2010: Mistake corrected.

February 2011: Current date retrogressed by 2 years. PD no-more current.

March 2011: Application documents submitted.

May 17 2011: Checklist received.

July 1, 2011: Response to checklist.

July 6, 2011: Checklist Received by the NVC.

July 13, 2011: Case Completed (petitioner document left – bring at time of interview).

March 5, 2013: Interview letter received. (All documents good, petitioner BC required, CSPA names included).

March 13, 2013: Medical examination done at Aziz Medical Centre, Islamabad.

April 2, 2013: Interview resulting in AP.

Arrival at the Diplomatic Enclave Shuttle Service center on 3rd Avenue at 7:00 AM

Rs.500 each for the round trip on the ‘Speed Way’ shuttles which are different for different embassies, Rs.300 for the government bus but they stop at each embassy to drop off travellers. Cell phones are kept at the shuttle service center area. Yellow line for immigration applicants at the embassy door. Token numbers awarded at the end of the line. Security checks on entrance, everything goes in the bucket; meds, pens, glasses, keys, belts, files, not shoes or jewelry though. They keep the keys to themselves and give you a token number. Then the guard at the door of the waiting room directed us to the place where they take the finger prints and photos. A chinese looking, and sounding, lady on the other side of the window and a Pakistani guy at our side helps with the fingerprints. We could see the photos we had sent to them on the chinese lady’s computer. They didn’t take the parents photos again but took 2 each from me and my brothers. The lady confirmed the dates of birth of my 2 brothers who are above 21. She scanned our photos and stapled them to our interview letter page and gave them back to us to take to window no. 5. She also gave a small note to read which was about the $165 immigrant visa fee payment if and when we received the visa. This fee is to be paid before the applicant departs for the US and must be paid through a US bank online. We were done with this by 8 AM and waited for our token number to appear on the screen. It appeared in about 10 minutes. A Pakistani lady at window number 5 explained that any false leading information can permanently bar us from entry to the US and some other formalities. She asked for my father’s BC, medical and new PCCs. The original BC according to the Interview Letter was received by the NVC so we explained that to her. She checked the medical report. Asked if she needed the X-rays, she said we only needed to take those with us to the US port of entry. Then she returned previous original PCCs and took the new ones. She asked for my 3rd brother whether he would be migrating later on or if he was married and we explained he is married. She asked the three of us if we were married and made us sign the ‘won’t marry till we migrate’ and selective service thing and then the DS-230 part II. They didn’t ask for new Ds-230s.

She took our phone number again, and all our passports and gave us a list of approved couriers encircling the Islamabad one and said that when our visas are approved, we can collect the passports from that place. Then she told us to wait again for our number so that an American officer can take our interview. About 15 minutes later our number was called on window 3. A smiling, fairly young, American consular officer was on the other side. He seemed to be in a good mood. He made sure he could see all 5 of us and then asked us to raise our hands for oath. He started with asking my father who was the petitioner and what he does. Then he asked if we had any photos of my father with him and we handed him a whole album! Most of the photos were from our previous stay in the US. He remarked at each photo, though he looked at only 3 - 4, noticing the places they were took at, like one at the Air and Space Museum in DC and stopped at the one in-front of the White House and said okay that’s good. Then he said, “Okay I’ve read your guys case and it says two of the children attended school in US! How did that come about?!” and we told him that we were in the US before on H1B visa and he asked what line of work that involved. One of my brothers is a veterinarian and the officer exclaimed “Hey, where’s that veterinarian in you guys!?” He paused for a few seconds and said “You guys have an excellent case and this is an excellent file. My next question’s going to be about your guys’ visits to countries outside Pakistan like to Saudi Arabia for Hajj and stuff but looking at the number of your passports, I’m sure there’s been a lot so if you can just come up one by one and give a summary of those.” My father described all of his and the officer kept listening closely and very interestingly and asked about the nature of those visits. He again said “Your file is excellent and case looks great but we need to do some Administrative Processing (reaching out to get the dreaded green form). It can take any amount of time. I can’t say the exact time it will take but I’d say in your case it’ll be around 2 – 3 months. There is very little doubt in my mind about you guys getting the visa. I’d even put in that it’s in the interests of the United States that you guys are approved but this is a procedure that has to be done. We’ll keep the passports and once it’s done we’ll stamp the visas and let you know. Thank you for the interview, here you go with the originals (sliding them under the window). Have a good day!”

We stepped out the embassy, the Shuttle service van was standing. It filled and we were out of there.

Came home and checked the CAEC site for case status and it said “Administrative Processing”. Guess that’s a site I’m going to be looking at at-least a million times in the coming months!

Some things I was surprised about; they didn’t ask for new DS-230s nor the recent most tax returns or even new I-864s. They asked nothing about cousins or when the petitioner went there. They didn’t even ask for the document they asked in the interview letter. They never even mentioned that the derivatives above 21 years age could be ineligible in some case.

This means that for all those members worried about CSPA due to retrogression, if you submitted at least the fees or the AOS before the retrogression, you can use the pre-retrogression date of PD becoming current when you calculate your CSPA age.

Thanks to all the forum members for their help since the start. Hoping the AP would be done with rather sooner than later and that we will not have the same fate as some other members on this forum whose AP has been going on for over a year! I’ll let you all know whenever there is an update.

Edited by Waleed39

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Well I called uscis today and got a very troubling response. At first they were confused because as a dependent said I shouldn't have been able to file for i-485 not realizing im derivative from F4. He said they are just now looking at cases from august from 2010 before retrogression and that I should expect an 5-8 month wait!!! That's ridiculous! My pd is apr30,2001 I should be issued visa this month! It's already been 12 years another 3 with retrogression!!! I will call again to get someone else. I don't think the person knew much. Lurxor and nzbik, let me know if you guys get an update.

Dear Comicbookfan and Lurxor,

We three are in similar situation in this forum.Waited twelve years for the PD to become current and now that its current since last month ,we have not heard anything from USCIS yet.How frustrating this can be?Seems like the wait will never end.As we are in the same boat , please keep updating each other as soon as you hear anything.This is strange, those who applied from their own country,they are being interviewed and not us.Are we not their priority since we are already in USA?

To Comicbookfan,

Are you here in the USA? Whats your PD? Were you interviewed already?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hi guys, I called last week and she did a service request. That's all so far. I have been checking the USCIS website daily to see if there are any changes in my status. As soon I get something I'll let you guys know.

Hi Lurxor,

Any news yet?

Filed: Timeline

Dear Comicbookfan and Lurxor,

We three are in similar situation in this forum.Waited twelve years for the PD to become current and now that its current since last month ,we have not heard anything from USCIS yet.How frustrating this can be?Seems like the wait will never end.As we are in the same boat , please keep updating each other as soon as you hear anything.This is strange, those who applied from their own country,they are being interviewed and not us.Are we not their priority since we are already in USA?

To Comicbookfan,

Are you here in the USA? Whats your PD? Were you interviewed already?

Nazibk,

yes my pd is april 30,2001 and im in the states. My family and I were interviewed back in may 2011 and as far as I know everything is completed and only waiting for pd to become current. Have you called ? I didn't issue a service request when I called today. I might have to do that next time. Goodluck.

Edited by ComicBookFan

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

April 27, 2001: I-130 Filed

February 2, 2010: I-130 Approved

August 1, 2010: Priority Date Current

August 20, 2010: Received Ds-3032

August 24, 2010: Emailed Ds-3032 with scanned copy attachment

August 25, 2010: Posted Ds-3032 Hard-copy

August 26, 2010: Choice of Agent selection received by NVC. IV fee enabled for all the beneficiaries, including CSPA cases.

August 30, 2010: IV processing fee bills email received.

November 18, 2010: IV processing fee and AOS fee paid.

November 20, 2010: Coversheet received in inbox (with the mistake related to derivative’s payment)

December 2010: Mistake corrected.

February 2011: Current date retrogressed by 2 years. PD no-more current.

March 2011: Application documents submitted.

May 17 2011: Checklist received.

July 1, 2011: Response to checklist.

July 6, 2011: Checklist Received by the NVC.

July 13, 2011: Case Completed (petitioner document left – bring at time of interview).

March 5, 2013: Interview letter received. (All documents good, petitioner BC required, CSPA names included).

March 13, 2013: Medical examination done at Aziz Medical Centre, Islamabad.

April 2, 2013: Interview resulting in AP.

Arrival at the Diplomatic Enclave Shuttle Service center on 3rd Avenue at 7:00 AM

Rs.500 each for the round trip on the ‘Speed Way’ shuttles which are different for different embassies, Rs.300 for the government bus but they stop at each embassy to drop off travellers. Cell phones are kept at the shuttle service center area. Yellow line for immigration applicants at the embassy door. Token numbers awarded at the end of the line. Security checks on entrance, everything goes in the bucket; meds, pens, glasses, keys, belts, files, not shoes or jewelry though. They keep the keys to themselves and give you a token number. Then the guard at the door of the waiting room directed us to the place where they take the finger prints and photos. A chinese looking, and sounding, lady on the other side of the window and a Pakistani guy at our side helps with the fingerprints. We could see the photos we had sent to them on the chinese lady’s computer. They didn’t take the parents photos again but took 2 each from me and my brothers. The lady confirmed the dates of birth of my 2 brothers who are above 21. She scanned our photos and stapled them to our interview letter page and gave them back to us to take to window no. 5. She also gave a small note to read which was about the $165 immigrant visa fee payment if and when we received the visa. This fee is to be paid before the applicant departs for the US and must be paid through a US bank online. We were done with this by 8 AM and waited for our token number to appear on the screen. It appeared in about 10 minutes. A Pakistani lady at window number 5 explained that any false leading information can permanently bar us from entry to the US and some other formalities. She asked for my father’s BC, medical and new PCCs. The original BC according to the Interview Letter was received by the NVC so we explained that to her. She checked the medical report. Asked if she needed the X-rays, she said we only needed to take those with us to the US port of entry. Then she returned previous original PCCs and took the new ones. She asked for my 3rd brother whether he would be migrating later on or if he was married and we explained he is married. She asked the three of us if we were married and made us sign the ‘won’t marry till we migrate’ and selective service thing and then the DS-230 part II. They didn’t ask for new Ds-230s.

She took our phone number again, and all our passports and gave us a list of approved couriers encircling the Islamabad one and said that when our visas are approved, we can collect the passports from that place. Then she told us to wait again for our number so that an American officer can take our interview. About 15 minutes later our number was called on window 3. A smiling, fairly young, American consular officer was on the other side. He seemed to be in a good mood. He made sure he could see all 5 of us and then asked us to raise our hands for oath. He started with asking my father who was the petitioner and what he does. Then he asked if we had any photos of my father with him and we handed him a whole album! Most of the photos were from our previous stay in the US. He remarked at each photo, though he looked at only 3 - 4, noticing the places they were took at, like one at the Air and Space Museum in DC and stopped at the one in-front of the White House and said okay that’s good. Then he said, “Okay I’ve read your guys case and it says two of the children attended school in US! How did that come about?!” and we told him that we were in the US before on H1B visa and he asked what line of work that involved. One of my brothers is a veterinarian and the officer exclaimed “Hey, where’s that veterinarian in you guys!?” He paused for a few seconds and said “You guys have an excellent case and this is an excellent file. My next question’s going to be about your guys’ visits to countries outside Pakistan like to Saudi Arabia for Hajj and stuff but looking at the number of your passports, I’m sure there’s been a lot so if you can just come up one by one and give a summary of those.” My father described all of his and the officer kept listening closely and very interestingly and asked about the nature of those visits. He again said “Your file is excellent and case looks great but we need to do some Administrative Processing (reaching out to get the dreaded green form). It can take any amount of time. I can’t say the exact time it will take but I’d say in your case it’ll be around 2 – 3 months. There is very little doubt in my mind about you guys getting the visa. I’d even put in that it’s in the interests of the United States that you guys are approved but this is a procedure that has to be done. We’ll keep the passports and once it’s done we’ll stamp the visas and let you know. Thank you for the interview, here you go with the originals (sliding them under the window). Have a good day!”

We stepped out the embassy, the Shuttle service van was standing. It filled and we were out of there.

Came home and checked the CAEC site for case status and it said “Administrative Processing”. Guess that’s a site I’m going to be looking at at-least a million times in the coming months!

Some things I was surprised about; they didn’t ask for new DS-230s nor the recent most tax returns or even new I-864s. They asked nothing about cousins or when the petitioner went there. They didn’t even ask for the document they asked in the interview letter. They never even mentioned that the derivatives above 21 years age could be ineligible in some case.

This means that for all those members worried about CSPA due to retrogression, if you submitted at least the fees or the AOS before the retrogression, you can use the pre-retrogression date of PD becoming current when you calculate your CSPA age.

Thanks to all the forum members for their help since the start. Hoping the AP would be done with rather sooner than later and that we will not have the same fate as some other members on this forum whose AP has been going on for over a year! I’ll let you all know whenever there is an update.

I made some mistakes in my ds-230 date of employment and my case closed in NVC.. and waiting for my PD to be current and i thought at the time of interview they would ask for new ds-230 than i will correct it.. But u saying they dnt ask for new ds-230

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Grenada
Timeline

Nazibk,

yes my pd is april 30,2001 and im in the states. My family and I were interviewed back in may 2011 and as far as I know everything is completed and only waiting for pd to become current. Have you called ? I didn't issue a service request when I called today. I might have to do that next time. Goodluck.

Hey guys will keep you updated on what's going on with my case. I did a service request on March 15th and was told that I will get a response in 15 days. Called again today and was told by a 2nd level agent that I just have to wait until I get my response from my SR done on March 15th, in that response I should be advised as to how much longer I will have to wait for visa. If you guys get news before me pls also let me know. Interview done Oct 11th 2011.

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Have any Vietnamese F4s got I/Ls?They are often the earliest people of receiving it.

It looks like there would be no movement this month.

They have started planning to eliminate all categories.

Bad Luck guys.

Kismaat phooti howe hoo tu kya kar saktay hain.

Savvy Boy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.