5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

sign this petition now you guys and share with friends and family to sign together

Signatures needed by April 26, 2013 to reach goal of 100,000

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/improve-and-strengthen-our-family-based-immigration-system-help-reunite-american-family-members/prklZZgM

I just sign the petition !!

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Guys listen , if we all got eliminated.

and PERM/I-140 approvals became necessary in order to immigrate than we all must hire a immigration lawyer , attorney.

because PERM I-140 is very complicated process , than we all will need lawyers.

Well i think nothing will happen... First of all we dont know what is Actual CIR bill. First wait and see... What attorney say it doesnt matter.. Dont forget about the HR 3012 bill. this bill was passed in the House but failed in senate.. but CIR bill not even introduced.. First CIR bill have to be passed in the house , than in senate than signed by the president and than deadline.

When HR 3012 bill was in senate there was time of 3 years for adjustment of priority date.. So how is it possible that in CIR bill there is no deadline and nothing and 4 million people eliminated in 1 day.. And what u saying about your attorneys are.. they say we "Think".. now your attorneys think that we need perm/I-140 or family visas shifted on EB.. These are all assumptions of your attorneys.. but not the Senators..

As no senator talked about shifting family visas on EB..

If u believe in ur Attorneys so much than ask them as they said so much about HR 3012 bill last year.. Even donations were also collected on website... but What hap...

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

sign this petition now you guys and share with friends and family to sign together

Signatures needed by April 26, 2013 to reach goal of 100,000

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/improve-and-strengthen-our-family-based-immigration-system-help-reunite-american-family-members/prklZZgM

I have signed the petition.

Thanks.

This is great step taken.

This is a legal democratic way to protect our rights and raise voice for family immigration.

Savvy Boy

Timeline

Well i think nothing will happen... First of all we dont know what is Actual CIR bill. First wait and see... What attorney say it doesnt matter.. Dont forget about the HR 3012 bill. this bill was passed in the House but failed in senate.. but CIR bill not even introduced.. First CIR bill have to be passed in the house , than in senate than signed by the president and than deadline.

When HR 3012 bill was in senate there was time of 3 years for adjustment of priority date.. So how is it possible that in CIR bill there is no deadline and nothing and 4 million people eliminated in 1 day.. And what u saying about your attorneys are.. they say we "Think".. now your attorneys think that we need perm/I-140 or family visas shifted on EB.. These are all assumptions of your attorneys.. but not the Senators..

As no senator talked about shifting family visas on EB..

If u believe in ur Attorneys so much than ask them as they said so much about HR 3012 bill last year.. Even donations were also collected on website... but What hap...

Well friends , I am Not here to spread Panic or create unpleasant atmosphere.

They are not my attorney. I got this information from www.immigration-information.com website.

So please don't associate with me , I am just sharing the information with you guys.

Nick 34 , I hope things will go in our favor.

Ikabrul , I am doing bachelors of commerce from university , nothing to do with legal business.

I shared the information with you guys what I have seen on other sites.

Savvy Boy

Timeline

Good News.

People have started to come out and protest against this vicious law which could be passed.

see this article

http://globalnation.inquirer.net/70467/activists-press-u-s-senator-to-back-family-visas

Savvy Boy

Timeline

read this

senator graham wants to eliminate F3 and F4 completely.

he said he would prefer to eliminate the married children and sibling categories altogether.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865576208/Immigration-reform-could-limit-visa-for-families.html?pg=1

Savvy Boy

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Everything i am reading regarding F4 category really making me sad.

I filed I-130 for my brother last month and received NOA1 still waiting for NoA2. My father expired 5 years ago and mom died last year. The only family i have my only brother in back home. Before politician eliminate F4 category they should think people like me too. :(

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Everything i am reading regarding F4 category really making me sad.

I filed I-130 for my brother last month and received NOA1 still waiting for NoA2. My father expired 5 years ago and mom died last year. The only family i have my only brother in back home. Before politician eliminate F4 category they should think people like me too. :(

All our petitioner should raise their concern to appropriate !! They can make the difference !

Edited by ikabirul

Timeline

US Senate – Mazie K. 1Hirono (HI), Barbara Boxer (CA), Sherrod Brown (OH), Tom Harkin (IA), Brian Schatz (HI), Al Franken (MN), and Elizabeth Warren (MA) – sent a letter to the “Gang of Eight” to prioritize family reunification and clear the backlogs of family visas when drafting immigration reform legislation.

“As you work on your draft legislation, however, we urge you to prioritize clearing the backlog of family visas and ensuring that going forward the reformed system makes it easier for people to be united with their families, including their brothers and sisters and their adult children,” the senators wrote in a letter released on March 20.

“According to a recent media report, the proposed bill would eliminate family-based admission categories for the married adult children and siblings of US citizens. This is very troubling. Different types of family members can play an important role in each other’s lives, and for some Americans a brother or sister is the only family they have.”

We have nothing to do ! What We can do wait and see the out come!

:(

Yeah Brother , now it is better to wait till the draft comes out officially.

Now we must wait for few days.

Savvy Boy

Timeline

Hi Savvy Boy

You have gone through all the article. Beside all these what you think will we gonna to eliminate!!

They can do many things.

1. They can prioritize approved cases and clear the backlog.And create a new employment based special category for relatives of US citizen for future petitions.

2. They can prioritize approved cases and clear the backlog.And convert family based categories to employment based for future petitions.

3. Completely Limit family based categories , All already approved cases with their existing priority dates and convert them to employment based category and same for future new petitions.they can also create special employment based category for this.

4. Eliminate All family based categories except minor children and spouse.

5. Limit quotas for family based categories and introduce point based immigration.

what ever they do they will enhance their employment based immigration system and it looks like they will eliminate categories of family based immigration for future , means they will give visa to already filled and approved cases but no more visas in future.

it won't be easy.Philippines and Mexicans have the highest stake in family based categories and than Indians , Pakistanis and Bangladeshis and china and so on.

people will raise their voice.

than it will also be debated in house and senate.

it can fail also , but what we family based people need to do is start raising your voice.

start writing letters , send fax to senators and house members of both parties , republicans and democrats.

Savvy Boy

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Grenada
Timeline

I do not believe the cases that are already awaiting a visa will be eliminated, as previously mentioned by another member that leaves room for possible law suits for funds already collected, and I doubt they will be willing to return monies. My issue with this however is that I have always felt the this category F4 is the most honest category, meaning there is little to no room for fraud. Your brother or sister is your family and can be proven. There are so many cases where people marry each other just for green card, even paying people to marry them for it, and they get through much faster than the F4s. But I guess that's life as always whats honest and true is not always easy. Lets wait and see what happens.

Edited by lurxor

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.