5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

well if they eliminate f3 and f4 than i think our US relatives there in USA should come out and protest against this bill.

this is the only way we can get our rights , other wise forget immigration.

this is total injustice and cruelty.

one of the vicious laws human would ever have seen in human history.

lets keep the finger crossed.

Edited by savvy.boy

Savvy Boy

Filed: Other Timeline

2 days before i asked this question of eliminating approved cases of F3 and F4 from lawyers.. just read.. what they say..

http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/immigration-reform-bill-1169044.html

The way I understood from reading several web sites, I come to conclusion that ff they do eliminate F3 and F4 categories, it will be for future date. They will stop taking applications for F3 and F4 starting from whatever date they decide, for example January 01, 2014.

Existing F3 and F4 applicants will continue with their application process until Immigration Visa is granted.

Let's wait and see.

Edited by Mutahir

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

well if they eliminate f3 and f4 than i think our US relatives there in USA should come out and protest against this bill.

this is the only way we can get our rights , other wise forget immigration.

this is total injustice and cruelty.

one of the vicious laws human would ever have seen in human history.

lets keep the finger crossed.

I personally think that it is impossible that approved petitions will be eliminated.. As there are 4 million people waiting. And phillipine wait for 24 years for F4 visa. So impossible to eliminate.

First of all make it clear that senators not only want to eliminate F4 and F3.. but they also want to eliminate F1 and and also F2b.. they just want visa for spouse and minor children.. It means total elimination..

And on other hand they also say that they want to reduce backlog of family visas... now if they eliminate the approved cases of F1,F2b,F3 & F4... than they dont need to reduce the backlog as 4 million people automatically eliminated..

Eliminating the approved pending cases of 4 million people worldwide. Its impossible. As it will create the issue of Human Rights..

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

I called my immigration lawyer and he said they dont eliminate approved cases so stop this pessimism!

i for the 2nd time asked you to inform us of received interview letters but you are just ignoring!that's not a very welcoming and polite reaction!

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I personally think that it is impossible that approved petitions will be eliminated.. As there are 4 million people waiting. And phillipine wait for 24 years for F4 visa. So impossible to eliminate.

First of all make it clear that senators not only want to eliminate F4 and F3.. but they also want to eliminate F1 and and also F2b.. they just want visa for spouse and minor children.. It means total elimination..

And on other hand they also say that they want to reduce backlog of family visas... now if they eliminate the approved cases of F1,F2b,F3 & F4... than they dont need to reduce the backlog as 4 million people automatically eliminated..

Eliminating the approved pending cases of 4 million people worldwide. Its impossible. As it will create the issue of Human Rights..

It is just not Human Rights issue....If US government eliminates F3 and F4 including approved cases...lawsuits can be brought against them...They might have to return fees paid to all US citizen with interest....considering US's financial state of affairs....I am sure they will not go to that route...most probably they may come up with end of this program meaning no new applicaction for this program...

(I hate to discuss politics on this forum but) just think about why suddenly everyone is eyeing CIR? It is same old vote bank politics...They want to please certain section of society (mainly immigrants) by allowing amnesty to illegal immigrants...in return politicians are expecting votes for their party in future....if they take drastic suggetion of eliminating F3 & F4 it can easily back fire....it's not going to fly and become a law according to me...one of the lawyer also said the same thing in the link provided by Nick34...I agree with that lawyer 100%

So we should not be worried at this time....just wait and watch on what is the final draft of CIR...also remember that it is still a draft bill...they need support from both party to make it a law...we have a long way to go...

Edited by waitingforvisa

Timeline

well I don't know why you guys are not taking those articles and link seriously.

It is not me who have wrote them. it is tahmina watson.

and did you guys read senate judiciary committee remarks on elimination of f3 f4.

well some thing is going on , that why it is coming on the internet.

wait I want to share another thing with you guys.

I watching employment based immigration site.

they were discussing about elimination of f3 and f4.

Attorney of employment based categories said it is likely that they would change all f3 and f4 to employment based categories EB and give them their current priority date.

so then you need labor certificate and all other skills and documents to qualify for the visa.

come on guys , don't close your eyes , lets face this reality.

why these articles and news coming on internet.

messed up system.

waited for 12 years now again do more things.

Savvy Boy

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

It is just not Human Rights issue....If US government eliminates F3 and F4 including approved cases...lawsuits can be brought against them...They might have to return fees paid to all US citizen with interest....considering US's financial state of affairs....I am sure they will not go to that route...most probably they may come up with end of this program meaning no new applicaction for this program...

(I hate to discuss politics on this forum but) just think about why suddenly everyone is eyeing CIR? It is same old vote bank politics...They want to please certain section of society (mainly immigrants) by allowing amnesty to illegal immigrants...in return politicians are expecting votes for their party in future....if they take drastic suggetion of eliminating F3 & F4 it can easily back fire....it's not going to fly and become a law according to me...one of the lawyer also said the same thing in the link provided by Nick34...I agree with that lawyer 100%

So we should not be worried at this time....just wait and watch on what is the final draft of CIR...also remember that it is still a draft bill...they need support from both party to make it a law...we have a long way to go...

I agree with your views...but "guarantee of a visa when a petition is filed", is not binding on any of the immigration agencies...so, if they have to eliminate, they can eliminate from 2001 onwards..it is just a question of hope..:unsure:

Timeline

I am quoting below what attorney said on other website.

Re: S1 Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2013

Something occurred to me this morning. I've been listening to various reports and reading different things and all the while trying to understand how all of this information fits together. I think I finally understand. I suspect that when the legislation is introduced, they are going to move F2As into the immediate relative category and wipe out the rest of the FB categories. They will likely provide that an FB beneficiary will be able to use his or her existing priority date when they apply as an EB immigrant. At the same time, I think that they are going to massively expand the EB quota. Those who are in line on the EB side will become current immediately. Those who are in line on the FB side will have to obtain PERM/I-140 approvals in order to immigrate, but there will be plenty of visas available.

This will harmonize all of the various rumors and mutterings that I've come across.

Savvy Boy

Timeline

Guys listen , if we all got eliminated.

and PERM/I-140 approvals became necessary in order to immigrate than we all must hire a immigration lawyer , attorney.

because PERM I-140 is very complicated process , than we all will need lawyers.

Savvy Boy

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Guys listen , if we all got eliminated.

and PERM/I-140 approvals became necessary in order to immigrate than we all must hire a immigration lawyer , attorney.

because PERM I-140 is very complicated process , than we all will need lawyers.

You are thinking of PERM I-140.... No hope. By the way could you Plz say your current profession

Filed: Timeline

sign this petition now you guys and share with friends and family to sign together

Signatures needed by April 26, 2013 to reach goal of 100,000

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/improve-and-strengthen-our-family-based-immigration-system-help-reunite-american-family-members/prklZZgM

Edited by hsinh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.