5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Everyone! I am new to here...

I come from Hong Kong and I am 24 right now. My father's sister is an US citizen and we just got the appontment letter for the interview on April 8th. While everyone is talking about the CSPA, I am pretty sure I am not eligible because I have read so many posts and even consulted a lawyer for this case. My priority date and the approval date from the USCIS is only about 7 months. [i was really surprised that time was that fast]

So what's next? My application process was continued in the NVC, in which they asked me to turn in the DS230 form during 2010. Until last week, we got the appointment letter and I was surprised that my name was on the traveling applicants and they have asked me to submit required body check and documents during interview.

I am getting confuse because why would i get the appointment? And, what I should tell them during the interview....

Should i tell them that i studied in the states for 4 years and I really love it? begging them to let me in? [it sounds naive]

Do the US embassy actually have the power to determine a "child" to be eligible for immigrant visa?

My whole family are worried...please... anyone can help?

Thanks,

Kelvin

With the present broken immigration system, sometimes even getting called for the visa interview puts us in a dilemma..:D

Anyways..Good Luck..:thumbs:

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

A good news for family base legal immigration system.

senator reach for this mutual agreement they will reduce current backlog in 10 years and then they will gave green card to 11 million undocument illegal immigrants.

Now CIR bill can be introduce on 8th April 2013.

good news for us who are suffering from badly existing F4 backlog.

Good luck All

Edited by pak2002

PD:29MAY2002

DOCUMENTARILY QUALUFIED SNICE JAN2012

WAITIN FOR VISA NUMBER

Timeline

A good news for family base legal immigration system.

senator reach for this mutual agreement they will reduce current backlog in 10 years and then they will gave green card to 11 million undocument illegal immigrants.

Now CIR bill can be introduce on 8th April 2013.

good news for us who are suffering from badly existing F4 backlog.

Good luck All

Off course that is very good news......but they will also going to eliminate f3 & f4 category....but it will not effect approved and pending cases..

Filed: Other Timeline

Off course that is very good news......but they will also going to eliminate f3 & f4 category....but it will not effect approved and pending cases..

On an Average it takes anywhere from 9-12 years for F4 applicants to get their IV based on past 15 years of Visa Bulletin.

Current Family based Visa Backlog should be eliminated within 6-8 years as suggested in Immigration Bills presented in the senate in the past. It is too early to say anything or get hyped up about this issue.

I would rather wait for the final Bill that Passes both the Senate and the House.

Edited by Mutahir

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

So is it confirmed now that approved and pending cases of F4 and F3 will not be eliminated or still there is a chance?????

Because i have not read anywhere that pending F3 and F4 cases will get visas.. the only thing which i read everywhere is Complete and Total Elimination of F3 and F4.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

my PD 19 MAY 2004 (F4), will my case will be eliminate ? or what ?

i need an assured answear if it possable.

if it will not eliminate ... can any person who has good experiance inform me when will be my approximate time to get my visa after geeting that new LAW?

Edited by alsayedalsayed

1- I130 Filed at 20 May 2004 for F4 Category

2- PD-19th May 2004

3- Case approved at USCIS on 29 OCT 2009

4- Case sent to NVC on Nov 2, 2009

5- June 23,2016 : Petitioner's name appeared

6- July 19,2016 : DS-261 Online Choice of Address and Agent & DS-260, Online

Immigration Visa and Alien Registration Application are Opened

(NOT Activated).

7- ???????????? : Received DS-261

8- ???????????? : Submit DS-261

9- July 20, 2016 : AOS and IV fees Bill activated.

10- July 20, 2016 : Pay AOS Fees

11- July 21, 2016 : Received AOS Fees

12- July 22, 2016 : Pay IV Bill (4 persons)

13- July 22, 2016 : Pay fee for CSPA case

14- July 25, 2016 : Received IV Bill (4 persons)

15- July 25, 2016 : Submit DS-260 (3 persons)

16- July 26, 2016 : Ask NVC if I can file CSPA

17- July 28, 2016 : NVC replied CSPA as "cannot be reviewed" due to "no visa number available"

18- Aug. 10, 2016 : Send AOS and IV Package

19- Aug. 12, 2016 : NVC received all the civil documents and I-864 AOS Financial Documents (11.04 AM)

20- Aug. 15, 2016 : Sent ASK NVC to Add my petitioner as my (Agent/Attorney)

21- Aug. 17, 2016 : NVC Scan Date (NOA 1)

22- Aug. 20, 2016 : NVC Replied and removed my previous Attorney and add my Petitioner

to be my new (Agent/Attorney)

23- Oct. 04, 2016 : My son's name (who is under CSPA) deleted

24- Oct. 05, 2016 : Received NOA2 asking for 2015 W-2 (form)

25- Oct 05, 2016 : send 2015 W-2 form by (Email & Mail)

26- Oct. 06, 2016 : Case Complete Email

27- Oct. 11, 2016 : Case Completed after receiving all required Documents (NOA 3)

28- .....................: Interview Confirmation | P4

29- .....................: Medical
30- .....................: Interview [at 00.00 AM]

31- .....................: Visa in Hand

32- .....................: POE [JFK]

33- .....................: CSPA approved

34- .....................: Checklist certification scan date

35- .....................: NVC Scan Date 2

36- .....................: Case Completed at NVC (confirmed by calling on .....................)

37- .....................: Visa issued

Timeline

my PD 19 MAY 2004 (F4), will my case will be eliminate ? or what ?

i need an assured answear if it possable.

if it will not eliminate ... can any person who has good experiance inform me when will be my approximate time to get my visa after geeting that new LAW?

Wait for the bill when it will introduce then we can tell you how soon you can get your Visa number.

Good luck

WAITIN FOR VISA NUMBER

Timeline

So is it confirmed now that approved and pending cases of F4 and F3 will not be eliminated or still there is a chance?????

Because i have not read anywhere that pending F3 and F4 cases will get visas.. the only thing which i read everywhere is Complete and Total Elimination of F3 and F4.

so WHAT IS MEAN BY REDUCING EXISTING BACKLOG????? IF YOU KNOW THIS QUESTION ANSWER THEN PROBLEM SOLVED ANd stop posting your own prediction like that....

Senator said nearly 4.3 million peoples waiting in backlog so we will reduce this backlog in 10 years. SO IF WE SEE 2.4 million F4s all over the world are waiting for their turn and remaining exist IN F1, F2A ,F3 preference categories.

Edited by pak2002

WAITIN FOR VISA NUMBER

Timeline

Hi i have one question..plz. help me

I am in F4 catagory. PD Aug2002

I was in usa from 2001 to jul2003 on H1 visa. then i came back to india

Question is

Do i need PCC from US for that period. If yes - How can i get

Thanks in advance

Timeline

Question is

Thanks in advance

yeah its mandatory for US immigrants and you can get PCC from your local police/ court office

Any prediction for may visa bulletin??

no one can predict VB movement.

Edited by pak2002

WAITIN FOR VISA NUMBER

Timeline

yeah its mandatory for US immigrants and you can get PCC from your local police/ court office

Thank PAK2002,

I know i need PCC from local police/courte office for my stay in INDIA during the visa process in future.

But i want to know anything like PCC for that period which i was in US from US govt.

no one can predict VB movement.

Edited by sandeepapatel

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Question is

Thanks in advance

No. PCC from previous stays in the USA are not required.

Timeline

Question is

Thanks in advance

No PCC for the stay in US..

Check the US govt website for clarification....

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html#police

Timeline
I130 - NOA1 : 02/11/2002
I130-APPROVED : 01/12/2009
NVC RECEIVED : 20/03/2015

Interview Complete - Visa Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.