5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My comment is purely based on previous approximate movements and am hoping it moves faster. I presume it will take 6 - 8 mths to come back to jan 2002, as it has retorgressed by 2 years. And once it comes to jan 02, as per previous history, they usually move forward only by 8 - 15 days in one month, for couple of months. I hope it moves faster, as right now atleast all my planning has gone hay wire and now i have to look out for a new job concentrate on work atleast for a year.

Edited by safshaikh

Timeline

Uday

Finally you have given the New year Gift...:yes:

Congrats on your case complete...:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Check with the NVC Operator when they sent the casefile to the US Consulate in India..You can check my link in this post

Also Call DOS at 202-663-1225 then 1 and 0....DOS will know faster than NVC operator about your interview date...:thumbs:

Thanks. I called NVC and they said that case is not yet transferred to embassy overseas, it is at NVC and there is no approximate time when it would be transferred to embassy.

For now i am thinking of calling DOS later.

Will VB Retrogression affect my case?I am thinking answer is yes as i cannot get visa until priority date is current.

Thank you

uday

All FB category first case complete, then few weeks later SIF!!!! Only IR1/R5 case got first SIF and followed by CC.:thumbs:

Thanks Miami_Boy for the information, i didn't knew that. :)

Spoiler

USCIS

October 31,2001 : I-130 Sent.

November 05,2001 : I-130 NOA 1.

November 23,2009 : I-130 NOA 2(Approval Notice).

December 01,2009 :Case Shipped to Department of State.

NVC

September 09,2010 : Email sent to NVC regarding CSPA.

September 13,2010 : Priority Date Current.

September 18,2010 : Successfully E-mailed DS-3032.

September 22,2010 : AOS Invoiced(Online Payment Portal).

September 23,2010 : AOS Fee Paid.

September 24,2010 : NVC sends Email that case is being processed under CSPA Act of 2000.

September 28,2010 : NVC Receives DS-3032(E-mail received from NVC).

September 28,2010 : IV Invoiced(Online Payment Portal).

September 30,2010 : IV Fee Paid.

October 28, 2010 : AOS Packet Sent.

October 29, 2010 : AOS Packet delivered at PORTSMOUTH, NH.

November 16,2010 : AVRS says I-864 received.

November 16,2010 : DS-230 Packet Sent.

November 17,2010 : DS-230 delivered at PORTSMOUTH, NH.

December 06,2010 : AVRS says DS-230 received.

December 11,2010 : AVRS says documents missing, NVC has mailed a letter on Dec. 10.

December 18,2010 : Missing Affidavits Sent.

December 19,2010 : Checklist Cover Letter Received from NVC.

December 21,2010 : Corrected Affidavits Sent.

December 25,2010 : Merry X-Mas. AVRS says checklist response received on Dec.23; need 4-6 weeks for review.

January 12,2010 : Happy NEW YEAR. AVRS says CASE COMPLETED :)

January 25,2010 : Sign in Failed 2300 HRS IST :)

Timeline

The Priority Dates at New Delhi Embassy are:

INDIA

F1 1-Jan-05

FX 1-Apr-05

F2A 1-Jan-08

F2B 15-Apr-03

F3 1-Jan-01

F4 1-Jan-02

it still shows 1-Jan-02 for F4, what does that mean?or they have not updates it yet.

Here is the Link to the Same - Priority Dates NEW DELHI

Edited by udaypannu
Spoiler

USCIS

October 31,2001 : I-130 Sent.

November 05,2001 : I-130 NOA 1.

November 23,2009 : I-130 NOA 2(Approval Notice).

December 01,2009 :Case Shipped to Department of State.

NVC

September 09,2010 : Email sent to NVC regarding CSPA.

September 13,2010 : Priority Date Current.

September 18,2010 : Successfully E-mailed DS-3032.

September 22,2010 : AOS Invoiced(Online Payment Portal).

September 23,2010 : AOS Fee Paid.

September 24,2010 : NVC sends Email that case is being processed under CSPA Act of 2000.

September 28,2010 : NVC Receives DS-3032(E-mail received from NVC).

September 28,2010 : IV Invoiced(Online Payment Portal).

September 30,2010 : IV Fee Paid.

October 28, 2010 : AOS Packet Sent.

October 29, 2010 : AOS Packet delivered at PORTSMOUTH, NH.

November 16,2010 : AVRS says I-864 received.

November 16,2010 : DS-230 Packet Sent.

November 17,2010 : DS-230 delivered at PORTSMOUTH, NH.

December 06,2010 : AVRS says DS-230 received.

December 11,2010 : AVRS says documents missing, NVC has mailed a letter on Dec. 10.

December 18,2010 : Missing Affidavits Sent.

December 19,2010 : Checklist Cover Letter Received from NVC.

December 21,2010 : Corrected Affidavits Sent.

December 25,2010 : Merry X-Mas. AVRS says checklist response received on Dec.23; need 4-6 weeks for review.

January 12,2010 : Happy NEW YEAR. AVRS says CASE COMPLETED :)

January 25,2010 : Sign in Failed 2300 HRS IST :)

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

PD became current last september 2010. they have passed ds230 already but they have no reply fom the embassy when will theri medical and interview will be..

i need help on this matter pls...

Their medical and interview will be scheduled if and only if the priority date becomes current again.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Their medical and interview will be scheduled if and only if the priority date becomes current again.

i am way years ahead of your PD mine is jan 21,1988.was notified Dec of 2009 and completed civil docu last Nov 6,2010,i was hoping to be scheduled last week of Dec not until i find out that it retrogressed.so please visit bulletin from time to time.i was praying so hard that feb bulletin we will be included and so sad that it only move 15 days from jan but not bad cause it move for almost 2 mos since dec.be patient...

Timeline

will retrogression help on his aging out case? he turned 21 last october 2, 2010. PD is october 26, 1991. i just dont know the approval date. we asked some agents here in the phil and they said that he may not go with his family coz they paid their IV bill after turning 21.

Timeline

will retrogression help on his aging out case? he turned 21 last october 2, 2010. PD is october 26, 1991. i just dont know the approval date. we asked some agents here in the phil and they said that he may not go with his family coz they paid their IV bill after turning 21.

please do visit the other site bringing lpr to us on page 18 jm08 post on 'my cspa good or bad ending he was 24 and a siblings of 26 and 27.they already had thier green card and sss yet their case is humanitarian validation and cspa but so inspired if they have gone through then maybe we will.be positive pray hard and have enough patience not until our PD becomes current.it all depends on the consul.

Filed: Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

I'm new to this site, First off hello to everyone..

Here's my situation:

I had a b2 visa traveled to the us stayed for 3years then returned to my country during that time my sister filed a petition on my behalf ( she's a citizen)...here's the info for that: category F4...priority date:08 july 2003,,tracked it online now it's been approved waiting for visa number..should I expect any hurdles especially with my overstay? I'm currently a holder of a renewed b2 visa can I come to the us and have my status adjusted? plz help again hello to everyone...

ps forgive me if I place in the wrong place

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Here's my situation:

I had a b2 visa traveled to the us stayed for 3years then returned to my country during that time my sister filed a petition on my behalf ( she's a citizen)...here's the info for that: category F4...priority date:08 july 2003,,tracked it online now it's been approved waiting for visa number..should I expect any hurdles especially with my overstay? I'm currently a holder of a renewed b2 visa can I come to the us and have my status adjusted? plz help again hello to everyone...

Had a B2 Visa --> overstated for 3 years --> Got another B2 visa..? You're lucky!! If the timeline is correct with what happened then you had the upper hand of most applicants. It seem as though you were forgiven. Makes me wonder what was your age at the time you departed the U.S. since it seems the illegal presence was forgiven.

YOU came to the USA and overstayed in the past and asking again if you can come and overstay so you can "adjust-status?" The answer is no. Matter fact the application was already filed and APPROVED by USCIS so now there is Nothing that you're able to do. The laws does not allow for you to come here and wait for a visa to be available. A waiver WILL NOT work for you.. those are only in place for US Citizen Spouses/Parents. Best option for you would be to stay and and enjoy where you are travel and await to be contacted by the NVC. You're looking for another 3 years wait (estimated) as per the current visa bulletin.

all the best to you.

Edited by RICARDO4EVA2

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Timeline

The Priority Dates at New Delhi Embassy are:

INDIA

F1 1-Jan-05

FX 1-Apr-05

F2A 1-Jan-08

F2B 15-Apr-03

F3 1-Jan-01

F4 1-Jan-02

it still shows 1-Jan-02 for F4, what does that mean?or they have not updates it yet.

Here is the Link to the Same - Priority Dates NEW DELHI

Uday

The NewDelhi USEM link might not be updated..:unsure:

you are right..:thumbs:

eventhough u complete all the forms at NVC, unless ur priority date is current, NVC/US Embassy will not schedule ur medical or interview

You have already paid the IV fees for the derivative...so don't worry..:yes:

Here's my situation:

You are in the right place...not sure whether u might get the apt responses..:yes:

Had a B2 Visa --> overstated for 3 years --> Got another B2 visa..? You're lucky!! If the timeline is correct with what happened then you had the upper hand of most applicants. It seem as though you were forgiven. Makes me wonder what was your age at the time you departed the U.S. since it seems the illegal presence was forgiven.

YOU came to the USA and overstayed in the past and asking again if you can come and overstay so you can "adjust-status?" The answer is no. Matter fact the application was already filed and APPROVED by USCIS so now there is Nothing that you're able to do. The laws does not allow for you to come here and wait for a visa to be available. A waiver WILL NOT work for you.. those are only in place for US Citizen Spouses/Parents. Best option for you would be to stay and and enjoy where you are travel and await to be contacted by the NVC. You're looking for another 3 years wait (estimated) as per the current visa bulletin.

all the best to you.

:thumbs:

please do visit the other site bringing lpr to us on page 18 jm08 post on 'my cspa good or bad ending he was 24 and a siblings of 26 and 27.they already had thier green card and sss yet their case is humanitarian validation and cspa but so inspired if they have gone through then maybe we will.be positive pray hard and have enough patience not until our PD becomes current.it all depends on the consul.

:thumbs:

Timeline

ouch! i think it will take them 4mos to wait for their PD to become current again.. i saw the visa bulletin for February already =(

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

I received a letter from USCIS in October that requested my presence and that of my sister's for whom i filed a petition in 2003 (I am a US citizen). She is out of status and is not protected by 245i. An attorney adviced me not to go and that would cause the petition to be abandoned and avoid her a deportation. We did not show up but it seems the petition was not abandoned and they sent another appointment requesting me to go but this time to take along both my parents (who are legal residents) and my sister (who has been here since she was 6 years old and is undocumented) My parents brought her to the US 20 years ago, she entered legally with a tourist visa (border crossing card).

I was born with a midwife and a local attorney told me that's probably the reason why they want to interview us. I have no problem with providing proof of my citizenship. But my worry is that if we go to the interview with my sister she will be deported because she here illegally. She graduated from high school and attended college, she wouldve qualified for the DREAM act ... Attorney said to go ahead and go to the interview but I do not feel confident I am very scared since the priority date is not even close to being current!!

I have an appontment with another attorney on the 27th but meanwhile i need some thoughts or comments from any of you with experience! Please help!!

Timeline

I received a letter from USCIS in October that requested my presence and that of my sister's for whom i filed a petition in 2003 (I am a US citizen). She is out of status and is not protected by 245i. An attorney adviced me not to go and that would cause the petition to be abandoned and avoid her a deportation. We did not show up but it seems the petition was not abandoned and they sent another appointment requesting me to go but this time to take along both my parents (who are legal residents) and my sister (who has been here since she was 6 years old and is undocumented) My parents brought her to the US 20 years ago, she entered legally with a tourist visa (border crossing card).

I was born with a midwife and a local attorney told me that's probably the reason why they want to interview us. I have no problem with providing proof of my citizenship. But my worry is that if we go to the interview with my sister she will be deported because she here illegally. She graduated from high school and attended college, she wouldve qualified for the DREAM act ... Attorney said to go ahead and go to the interview but I do not feel confident I am very scared since the priority date is not even close to being current!!

I have an appontment with another attorney on the 27th but meanwhile i need some thoughts or comments from any of you with experience! Please help!!

Welcome beenwaiting..:star:

I can understand your anxiety..Another VJ member Sonblom can provide the expertise for ur question...My thoughts..You need to work with a competent lawyer for any hope of success.It will be a good idea to invest some $$$ in a competent lawyer..I can suggest one..check the link below..

Attorney Sheela Murthy

Good Luck..:thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.