CC letter received : 19th april 2016

Interview letter received: 02 December 2016

Medical:18th December,2016

Interview on:9th January 2017

Visa issued:12,January 2017

In USA:21,February,2017

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

On the one hand Obama administration talks about immigration reform, on the other they keep trying to implement stricter interpretations of immigration laws relating to family unity as visible in its appeal against 9th Circuit's De Osorio vs Mayorkas (a case relating to PD retention for all family-based categories) decision in the Supreme Court.

And Sachin dude, post your interview experience already!

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

ONE MORE GOOD NEWS ON COMPREHENSIVE IMMIGRATION REFORM..PLS CHK DIS LINK :-

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/28/bipartisan-group-8-senators-reach-deal-on-immigration-changes/

WOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW

But no good news for F4 family category!!!

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

But no good news for F4 family category!!!

off course good news for F4 and all other family category......i just got that official blue print of CIR...In that blue print they are going to reduce the backlogs under family preference category.....so F4 (brothers and sisters) is under family preference category..so Goods news for F4 ......woooooooowwwww....

secondly , today on monday white house is going to conduct press conference in DC at 12:30 p.m....so pls watch that ......

actually m not able to upload that blue print over here.....becoz the file is too big...

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

C. Promoting Family Reunification

The proposal will also reform America’s Green Card system to ensure efficiency and equity in legal immigration to the United States. It authorizes the recapture of immigrant visas lost to bureaucratic delay. The family immigration backlog will be cleared over the course of eight years. After eight years, the current numeric caps on the family preference categories would remain the same as in current law. Spouses and children of lawful permanent residents will be classified as “immediate relatives” to promote the efficient reunification of families. To address the fact that some countries face unreasonably long backlogs, the per country family immigration limits will be amended from 7 to 10 percent of total admissions.

The proposal will also address several remaining technical issues that prevent widows and orphans of U.S. citizens from obtaining immigration benefits. It will eliminate discrimination in the immigration laws by permitting permanent partners of United States citizens and lawful permanent residents to obtain lawful permanent resident status. The proposal also exempts the children of certain Filipino World War II veterans from the numerical AILA InfoNet

limitations on immigrant visas. It also provides protection for children and people with special humanitarian considerations. The proposal would address several other technical issues related to stepchildren and adoptive children.

Edited by nasimachy

Pd-22dec2003

I-130 Sent : 10th April 2003

I-130 NOA1 : 24th Dec 2003

I-130 Approved : 19th November 2009

NVC Received : 18th December 2009

COA open : 15th October 2015

AOS paid : 16th November 2015

Visa fees paid : 12th March 2016

Support documents &

Civil document sent: 15th March 2016

CC letter received : 19th april 2016

Interview letter received: 02 December 2016

Medical:18th December,2016

Interview on:9th January 2017

Visa issued:12,January 2017

In USA:21,February,2017

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

""Spouses and children of lawful permanent residents will be classified as “immediate relatives” to promote the efficient reunification of families. ""

Does ages of children matters i mean my brother who in usa is citizen but my parents have a green card and i m 32 yr old now am i count as immediate relative? ????????

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

""Spouses and children of lawful permanent residents will be classified as “immediate relatives” to promote the efficient reunification of families. ""

Does ages of children matters i mean my brother who in usa is citizen but my parents have a green card and i m 32 yr old now am i count as immediate relative? ????????

[/quot

Ages of children do matter.. if you are 21 years and over you are not considered an immediate relative..

Please don't waste your time on immigration reform. It applies on illegal / undocumented people living here since ages. I find it misleading and false hope. Trust me its not what you all think . If you have anyone living in USA plz ask them to shed some light on it so you should be having a realistic approach. I don't mean to offend anyone on this forum so please don't take it personal.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Please don't waste your time on immigration reform. It applies on illegal / undocumented people living here since ages. I find it misleading and false hope. Trust me its not what you all think . If you have anyone living in USA plz ask them to shed some light on it so you should be having a realistic approach. I don't mean to offend anyone on this forum so please don't take it personal.

I completely agree with you...this reform is mainly around amnesty for illegal people in US....as a by product of this we may see some good things for us waiting in long line of legal immigration but it is too early to say anything...politics in US is at its best now and I don't have much hope with this bill....Even if they are successful in passing a reform it will not be implemented till next USCIS fisacal year (october) and by that time 11 million illegal people will be able to file for GC....and I am just afraid that those people will make proceeding even slower at DOS / USCIS....we should just wait and watch and understand the full impact of the reform once anything concrete passes and signed into a law till then it is not worth to spend time on it...

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I completely agree with you...this reform is mainly around amnesty for illegal people in US....as a by product of this we may see some good things for us waiting in long line of legal immigration but it is too early to say anything...politics in US is at its best now and I don't have much hope with this bill....Even if they are successful in passing a reform it will not be implemented till next USCIS fisacal year (october) and by that time 11 million illegal people will be able to file for GC....and I am just afraid that those people will make proceeding even slower at DOS / USCIS....we should just wait and watch and understand the full impact of the reform once anything concrete passes and signed into a law till then it is not worth to spend time on it...

If the bill becomes law, the illegals will have to go back in line after those already in the pipeline. So they will not be ahead of the legals already waiting in line. :yes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.