5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

The Justice Department has until Friday to petition for a Writ of Certiori to have the Supreme Court review our CSPA victory in DeOsorio v. Mayorkas in the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals. If they fail to do so, the decision becomes binding nationwide.

THATS KOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.......

PD:29MAY2002

DOCUMENTARILY QUALUFIED SNICE JAN2012

WAITIN FOR VISA NUMBER

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

The Justice Department has until Friday to petition for a Writ of Certiori to have the Supreme Court review our CSPA victory in DeOsorio v. Mayorkas in the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals. If they fail to do so, the decision becomes binding nationwide.

Thanks alot for sharing this.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

I already checked but it does not show the exact case status. My case is completed but shows it is still pending for documents!!!

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

http://www.gpo.gov/f...2-pt1-PgS44.pdf

check dis offical congrees library.....

adopt practical and fair immigration reforms to help ensure that all families are able to be together.

the above point mention in that bill....so pls suggest ur views...what that means ??????

Edited by jolly786

Timeline

I already checked but it does not show the exact case status. My case is completed but shows it is still pending for documents!!!

It is actually showing WRONG status..! For me it is showing your file is expiring soon..!

Priority Date : 18 JUL 2001.

Interviewed Once : DEC 2010.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Ummm...how does the 9th Circuit impose its will nationwide when it's powers are restricted to one of eleven circuits? Don't the other 10 circuits get a say?

Timeline

White House waiting on Rubio for immigration bill (but hasn't issued its own)

From yesterday's White House press briefing:

Q On immigration, has the President given any more thought on moving forward on immigration -- whether you can do it in one full package, whether he’ll end up breaking it up into separate pieces? And has he reached out at all to Marco Rubio whose plan has been out there, and the President’s has been somewhat receptive --

MR. CARNEY: Well, I haven’t seen a plan and I don't think anybody else has. He’s spoken about it. And the principles, as I said the other day, reflect very closely the blueprint that is available on WhiteHouse.gov for the President’s approach to comprehensive immigration reform, and we find that a good thing.

The President looks forward to working with Congress, members of both parties. He has always said that this is the kind of thing that has to be bipartisan and has in the past enjoyed bipartisan support from Republican leaders as well as rank-and-file senators and members of Congress.

President George W. Bush, as you know, was a strong proponent of comprehensive immigration reform, as was Senator McCain. And the President looks forward to working with Republicans and Democrats in achieving comprehensive immigration reform. He does absolutely believe that we need to do this in a comprehensive way, that that's the appropriate way to move forward to ensure that we put in place the kind of comprehensive reform that achieves all the goals that are necessary here. Q How soon will we see something --

MR. CARNEY: The President has made clear that he intends to act very quickly --

Q How soon?

MR. CARNEY: I'm not going to hem him in by putting a timetable on it, but I think you can expect him to be true to his word, which is to take up this issue very early in his second term. And, by the way, this is the third full day of his second term.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.