5,848 posts in this topic

Please print out any correspondence related to the (visa printed wrong and had to be returned to the embassy) case between you and consulate and take it with you. The consulate knows what happened and has surely mentioned it in his "DO NOT OPEN" visa package. Also in the original DS230 the names of all family members are mentioned who will be accompanying the beneficiary (I assume the father, mother etc. and the "stranded" son). Now the son has his own Visa Package and a Visa in his passport, so he should be OK to travel on his own. I would recommend that his family members who are already in the US, that when they go to pick him up at the airport to take along their documents in case they are called out. But I am sure he should not have any problems. And Good Luck!!!

Thank you!

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi guys i have one doubt please help me out.

My priority date is in JUL 2001, I was interviewed with my family on Dec. 2010 and at that time my age was 21. I was covered under CSPA act at that time.

Then retrogression came and our file moved back .

Now I am 23, my doubt is : Now when my file will get current again, do they calculate my age according to CSPA again or my age has been freezed out as 21 only as I was interviewed once ?

hello.. i just read your query and also second pak2002 in this regard. I am surprised to know this that after interview also, one has to suffer from retrogression. how is this possible.. as far as i know once your pd gets current you are no longer concerned with retrogression.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hello.. i just read your query and also second pak2002 in this regard. I am surprised to know this that after interview also, one has to suffer from retrogression. how is this possible.. as far as i know once your pd gets current you are no longer concerned with retrogression.

because its a CSPA law thats why his age freezes..

PD:29MAY2002

DOCUMENTARILY QUALUFIED SNICE JAN2012

WAITIN FOR VISA NUMBER

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Good news guys.they passed fiscal cliff bill........now no recession in america and no hike in the tax rates....now obama is going to focus on COMPREHENSIVE IMMIGRATION REFORM BILL.......wooowww

chk dis link below :-

fiscal cliff.pdf

Timeline

Retrogession can effect you untill your passport gets the stamp of visa..! I was interviewed but my file was under Administrative Processing, that is why I was affected by retrogession

Edited by hiiifrndzzz

Priority Date : 18 JUL 2001.

Interviewed Once : DEC 2010.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Good news guys.they passed fiscal cliff bill........now no recession in america and no hike in the tax rates....now obama is going to focus on COMPREHENSIVE IMMIGRATION REFORM BILL.......wooowww

chk dis link below :-

fiscal cliff.pdf

great news

PD:29MAY2002

DOCUMENTARILY QUALUFIED SNICE JAN2012

WAITIN FOR VISA NUMBER

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

not yet. cz my interview is on 25th jan as "aaydrian" said.

btw...m preparing all documents right now. our all documents will b ready except my brother's medical. i contacted mumbai consulate about this and they told me that decision will be taken by CO..so lets see what happens...fingers crossed. :thumbs:

i think nvc start scheduling appointment from this Wednesday.so best of luck all. :thumbs:

Sachin , Your brother's name was not on the list on interview letter , Can he still enter into the Mumbai consulate without name on the letter ?

Have you discussed this with NVC or consulate ?

Because if CO will decide his case on interview day , then he must be definitely present at the Embassy.

And will he go to the Embassy without Medical done ?

I will be thankful to you , if you answer me these question. This would help me and others who can be effected from retrogression and CSPA to learn about the current cases and Laws.

Thank You

Savvy Boy

Taha

Savvy Boy

Timeline

Sachin , Your brother's name was not on the list on interview letter , Can he still enter into the Mumbai consulate without name on the letter ?

Have you discussed this with NVC or consulate ?

Because if CO will decide his case on interview day , then he must be definitely present at the Embassy.

And will he go to the Embassy without Medical done ?

I will be thankful to you , if you answer me these question. This would help me and others who can be effected from retrogression and CSPA to learn about the current cases and Laws.

Thank You

Savvy Boy

Taha

hmm that is a good question actually..!

Priority Date : 18 JUL 2001.

Interviewed Once : DEC 2010.

Timeline

READ IT CAREFULLY...this is the latest news by white house :-

The president is likely to make his first big push for immigration reform in his State of the Union address after his inauguration later this month, and officials are preparing a bill that will be ready for introduction in the Democrat-controlled Senate.:dance:

READ IT CAREFULLY...this is the latest news by white house :-

The president is likely to make his first big push for immigration reform in his State of the Union address after his inauguration later this month, and officials are preparing a bill that will be ready for introduction in the Democrat-controlled Senate.:dance:

Any one with I/L??? :o

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.