5,848 posts in this topic

A family's PD was current and they got their visas. One visa was printed wrong and had to be returned to the embassy. The rest of the family left except that one family member. The retrogression happened and this person had to wait to be current but now has his visa. Can he enter the US by himself? Does he need to show any documents (besides his visas package) at the US airport for him to enter? His father now has a greencard and returned to India but won't be leaving with his son, does that affect the situation?

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Family Based (FB) 2A cases: Usage is dropping. Outreach programs seem to increase usage. Immigrant visa waiver delays, primarily in Mexico, also slow usage. FB-2A usage is slower than it should be so the priority dates are expected to move forward at the same pace as FY2012. However, if demand continues to be low, this group may move forward more significantly in the spring of 2013

BY Charlie Oppenheim SINCE AUG 30 2012

SO ITS MEAN FB WILL MOVE SIGNIFICANTLY IN THE SPRING 2013.

PD:29MAY2002

DOCUMENTARILY QUALUFIED SNICE JAN2012

WAITIN FOR VISA NUMBER

Timeline

A family's PD was current and they got their visas. One visa was printed wrong and had to be returned to the embassy. The rest of the family left except that one family member. The retrogression happened and this person had to wait to be current but now has his visa. Can he enter the US by himself? Does he need to show any documents (besides his visas package) at the US airport for him to enter? His father now has a greencard and returned to India but won't be leaving with his son, does that affect the situation?

AS long as the APPLICANT RETURNED HIS PASSPORT FOR CORRECTION AND THEN RETROGRESSION OCCUR SO ITS MEAN THAT THIS IS EMBASSY MISTAKE NOT APPLICANT....APPLICANT HAS BEEN GOTTEN VISA EARLIER FROM RETROGRESSION.AS I THINK EMBASSY LIABLE TO ISSUE HIM/HER VISA ACCORDING TO PREVIOUS DATE OR BEFORE RETROGRESSION DATE.

ACCORDING TO YOUR QUESTION A SOMEONE LEFT AND CANT SUBMIT HIS PASSPORT TO EMBASSY SO HE CANT TRAVEL BECAUSE HE/SHE HAS A WRONG PRINTED VISA SO WHEN HE/SHE WILL ENTER IN POE HE/SHE WILL BE CHARGE OR MAY BE POLICE DEPORT TO HIM.

WHEN EMBASSY ISSUED A VISA EMBASSY GAVE US FULL PAKET WITH OUR PASSPORT SO IT DOEST MAKE A SENSE THAT SOMEONE TRAVEL WITHOUT DOCUMENTS.

GOOD LUCK

WAITIN FOR VISA NUMBER

The guy returned everything he was supposed to and now the embassy has corrected the mistake and reissued the guy's visa (in his passport) and he has the 'Do Not Open' envelope. We all know that the primary beneficiary has to enter the US with or before the spouse or children. But the guy's father already went to the US before him 2 years ago. So now the son has his visa and will enter the US but he wants to know if he can go to the US by himself? Does he need anything besides his passport and the big brown envelope to show airport immigration.?

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

GOOD NEWS :-

President Obama, in an interview Sunday on NBC's Meet the Press, says he intends to move forward with comprehensive immigration reform in the weeks ahead, despite looming battles with Congress over the budget, taxes, entitlement reform and gun control.

"I've said fixing the immigration system is a top priority. I will introduce legislation in the first year to get that done," the president said. "I think we've talked about it long enough. We know how we can fix it. We can do it in a comprehensive way that the American people support."

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Timeline

The guy returned everything he was supposed to and now the embassy has corrected the mistake and reissued the guy's visa (in his passport) and he has the 'Do Not Open' envelope. We all know that the primary beneficiary has to enter the US with or before the spouse or children. But the guy's father already went to the US before him 2 years ago. So now the son has his visa and will enter the US but he wants to know if he can go to the US by himself? Does he need anything besides his passport and the big brown envelope to show airport immigration.?

I think ofcours he need a complete visa packet to enter a us cuz he is first time entering in US so thats why he need...if he go without documentation may be he will caught by air port police and you know that there is lot of paper work done in port of entry..

GOOD LUCK

President Obama, in an interview Sunday on NBC's Meet the Press, says he intends to move forward with comprehensive immigration reform in the weeks ahead, despite looming battles with Congress over the budget, taxes, entitlement reform and gun control.

"I've said fixing the immigration system is a top priority. I will introduce legislation in the first year to get that done," the president said. "I think we've talked about it long enough. We know how we can fix it. We can do it in a comprehensive way that the American people support."

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

THATS COOOOOLLLLLLLL... :dance:

WAITIN FOR VISA NUMBER

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

not yet. cz my interview is on 25th jan as "aaydrian" said.

btw...m preparing all documents right now. our all documents will b ready except my brother's medical. i contacted mumbai consulate about this and they told me that decision will be taken by CO..so lets see what happens...fingers crossed. :thumbs:

i think nvc start scheduling appointment from this Wednesday.so best of luck all. :thumbs:

Great Sachin.

I will pray for your success at interview.

And may GOD solve your bro's issue.

Sachin are you taking new I-864 sponsorship documents along with you to interview or just new latest tax returns papers ??

Savvy Boy

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Great Sachin.

I will pray for your success at interview.

And may GOD solve your bro's issue.

Sachin are you taking new I-864 sponsorship documents along with you to interview or just new latest tax returns papers ??

thnx.. :)

yes..i m taking old I-864 (i think it doesn't expire ) .and tax returns of petitioner of 2009.2010.2011 (1040 +w2 )

and also tax returns of additional sponsorer (1040 + irs tax transcripts )

:dance:

Family Based (FB) 2A cases: Usage is dropping. Outreach programs seem to increase usage. Immigrant visa waiver delays, primarily in Mexico, also slow usage. FB-2A usage is slower than it should be so the priority dates are expected to move forward at the same pace as FY2012. However, if demand continues to be low, this group may move forward more significantly in the spring of 2013

BY Charlie Oppenheim SINCE AUG 30 2012

SO ITS MEAN FB WILL MOVE SIGNIFICANTLY IN THE SPRING 2013.

hope so :thumbs:

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi guys i have one doubt please help me out.

My priority date is in JUL 2001, I was interviewed with my family on Dec. 2010 and at that time my age was 21. I was covered under CSPA act at that time.

Then retrogression came and our file moved back .

Now I am 23, my doubt is : Now when my file will get current again, do they calculate my age according to CSPA again or my age has been freezed out as 21 only as I was interviewed once ?

Priority Date : 18 JUL 2001.

Interviewed Once : DEC 2010.

Timeline

Hi guys i have one doubt please help me out.

My priority date is in JUL 2001, I was interviewed with my family on Dec. 2010 and at that time my age was 21. I was covered under CSPA act at that time.

Then retrogression came and our file moved back .

Now I am 23, my doubt is : Now when my file will get current again, do they calculate my age according to CSPA again or my age has been freezed out as 21 only as I was interviewed once ?

Your age has been freeze...no tention

GOOD luck

WAITIN FOR VISA NUMBER

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Please print out any correspondence related to the (visa printed wrong and had to be returned to the embassy) case between you and consulate and take it with you. The consulate knows what happened and has surely mentioned it in his "DO NOT OPEN" visa package. Also in the original DS230 the names of all family members are mentioned who will be accompanying the beneficiary (I assume the father, mother etc. and the "stranded" son). Now the son has his own Visa Package and a Visa in his passport, so he should be OK to travel on his own. I would recommend that his family members who are already in the US, that when they go to pick him up at the airport to take along their documents in case they are called out. But I am sure he should not have any problems. And Good Luck!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.