5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

The uscis is a private organizationg.

No it is not private organisation..! It is clearly mentioned that government shutdown which will be applied from 1st Oct will effect the visa process...!

Priority Date : 18 JUL 2001.

Interviewed Once : DEC 2010.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

No it is not private organisation..! It is clearly mentioned that government shutdown which will be applied from 1st Oct will effect the visa process...!

Will it effect the case processing in consulates!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

Need some advise. I am from India.

Priority date :June 2002.

Notice date is Aug 2009.

Birth date : Jun 1988.

My aunt has filled petition for my mother in f4 category. I am her beneficiary. According to CSPA calculation I am eligible to immigrate with my mother till I turn 28(currently I am 25).

I have following questions.

1. What are the chances that I get to immigrate with my Family? In Visa bulletins I checked that in recent years the speed is decreased very much. My other aunt who were petitioned 2 months before us I.e may 2002 got there choice of agent and other formalities in 2010 itself. but they are still waiting for their date to became current. however we haven't received choice of agent form yet despite our petition is just 2 months behind them. What could be the issue? how do I verify it? Also any guess when our date will become active?

2. Can I get married ? If I don't legally register my marriage is there anyway they find out? If they find out can they ban me to enter USA for lifetime?

3. If I go on students visa can I get green card based on my immigration file? How? What are the chances for that?

Can you please enlighten the information you are going after? I was looking at the CSPA Formula given to my sister for her kids and all are over 21 and they did not find them eligible. I petitioned my sister in 2000 and the priority date is February 2002. Two her kids are still single and their DOBs are in 1986 and 1988 and how did you calculate the age 28?

Timeline

Can you please enlighten the information you are going after? I was looking at the CSPA Formula given to my sister for her kids and all are over 21 and they did not find them eligible. I petitioned my sister in 2000 and the priority date is February 2002. Two her kids are still single and their DOBs are in 1986 and 1988 and how did you calculate the age 28?

In simple terms subrtact the years your petition was pending with USCIS from actual biological age.The result you get is CSPA age.

You can check he CSPA calculator here. :- http://cspasolution.com

Check the box ''Priority Date Not Current''.

I didnt get you.You petitioned your sister in 2000 and your priority date is feb 2002? Priority date is when you file the petition. I think Feb 2002 is your approval notice date.Do clarify.

Spoiler

USCIS

October 31,2001 : I-130 Sent.

November 05,2001 : I-130 NOA 1.

November 23,2009 : I-130 NOA 2(Approval Notice).

December 01,2009 :Case Shipped to Department of State.

NVC

September 09,2010 : Email sent to NVC regarding CSPA.

September 13,2010 : Priority Date Current.

September 18,2010 : Successfully E-mailed DS-3032.

September 22,2010 : AOS Invoiced(Online Payment Portal).

September 23,2010 : AOS Fee Paid.

September 24,2010 : NVC sends Email that case is being processed under CSPA Act of 2000.

September 28,2010 : NVC Receives DS-3032(E-mail received from NVC).

September 28,2010 : IV Invoiced(Online Payment Portal).

September 30,2010 : IV Fee Paid.

October 28, 2010 : AOS Packet Sent.

October 29, 2010 : AOS Packet delivered at PORTSMOUTH, NH.

November 16,2010 : AVRS says I-864 received.

November 16,2010 : DS-230 Packet Sent.

November 17,2010 : DS-230 delivered at PORTSMOUTH, NH.

December 06,2010 : AVRS says DS-230 received.

December 11,2010 : AVRS says documents missing, NVC has mailed a letter on Dec. 10.

December 18,2010 : Missing Affidavits Sent.

December 19,2010 : Checklist Cover Letter Received from NVC.

December 21,2010 : Corrected Affidavits Sent.

December 25,2010 : Merry X-Mas. AVRS says checklist response received on Dec.23; need 4-6 weeks for review.

January 12,2010 : Happy NEW YEAR. AVRS says CASE COMPLETED :)

January 25,2010 : Sign in Failed 2300 HRS IST :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

In simple terms subrtact the years your petition was pending with USCIS from actual biological age.The result you get is CSPA age.

You can check he CSPA calculator here. :- http://cspasolution.com

Check the box ''Priority Date Not Current''.

I didnt get you.You petitioned your sister in 2000 and your priority date is feb 2002? Priority date is when you file the petition. I think Feb 2002 is your approval notice date.Do clarify.

Sorry - I made the mistake by entering wrong year. My Receipt date is March 10, 2001 and the PD is February 20, 2001. The Approval notice date is March 21, 2002. Thanks!

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Thanks God, the CO and the us embassy my visa was approved today. This has been a long 12 years wait.

My interview experience was similar to everybody else; the only exception was the embassy security measures were extreme.

This forum has been an invaluable source of information, thanks to everybody.

Timeline

If visa bulletin doesnt move this month i.e coming bulletin then dont expect any movement or much movement this whole year, as visa number for this year is been over on start itself, cause they had retrogress EB-2 category of India 4 years in last yr bulletin and this year in new bulletin on first bulletin it moved 4 years. EB category and family category visa for same country comes from one pool. Basically family category is not that important for them and thats reality, so don't be surprise if visa bulletin say visa number not available. I can be even wrong and I hope I am wrong, I dont wish to spread panic..but lets hope for the best!

Timeline

If visa bulletin doesnt move this month i.e coming bulletin then dont expect any movement or much movement this whole year, as visa number for this year is been over on start itself, cause they had retrogress EB-2 category of India 4 years in last yr bulletin and this year in new bulletin on first bulletin it moved 4 years. EB category and family category visa for same country comes from one pool. Basically family category is not that important for them and thats reality, so don't be surprise if visa bulletin say visa number not available. I can be even wrong and I hope I am wrong, I dont wish to spread panic..but lets hope for the best!

why are your comparing EB category with Family based........the movement was held in EB category due to 18000 visa spillover from FB to EB category for FY 2014................... :))

Timeline

why are your comparing EB category with Family based........the movement was held in EB category due to 18000 visa spillover from FB to EB category for FY 2014................... smile.png)

Jolly Every year a country is allotted visa, which is distributed among family and EB..and there nothing barrier that how much family should get and how much EB..If EB advances family will see defect and vice verse..This time EB all moved 4 years from retrogress so most of visa number, i guess evn family visa number got used up in them!

Timeline

Jolly Every year a country is allotted visa, which is distributed among family and EB..and there nothing barrier that how much family should get and how much EB..If EB advances family will see defect and vice verse..This time EB all moved 4 years from retrogress so most of visa number, i guess evn family visa number got used up in them!

please try to understand...that is due to visa spillover from FB to EB.....In FY 2013, 18000 unused visas transferred from FB to EB........that is the main reason for the movement in EB2.... :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.