5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I guess my brother-in-law still has a long wait ahead of him.

My wife and I were naturalized in August 2012 and my wife filed I130 for her brother in February 2013 and of course it is still in initial review. Even though we are in Texas, his file is in the California Service Center where average processing times seem to be 41+ months. All necessary paperwork was filed with the I130 and we don't have any special circumstances (wish we would...) based on which we could ask for expedites etc., so I guess we still need to wait another 12 years or so...

Have I understood it correctly, though, that some countries will be processed faster than others and that they will have visas available faster or are all the 65000 yearly visas just given out based on the actual priority dates?

Also, since if/when the comprehensive immigration reform becomes a law the F4 visas cease to exist, what do you more experienced members think: will it speed up the processing of the existing F4 petitions or will all the newly added things just keep the processing times the same, or maybe increase them?

Edited by TSU

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

We had our medical done from Islamabad. The only thing we ever took off were the shoes for weight, and shirt of xray and hernia. (savvy seems a shy boy around girls though :P). The main doctor who is incharge wasnt even there! And some female intern just pushed my lower abdomen. Never had to get in my birthday suit :D

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

okay.

you can believe what you want to.

I can't provide proof.

I have many relatives who are now in US and completed their medical exam in Bangladesh where none of them went through this test. I was present at that time along with them. That's why I can boldly argue. Moreover for communicable diseases blood test is enough to test AIDS, sifilies and many other diseases .

Testing testicls is not communicable diseases. It's actually testing the sexual ability. I think US govt don't think about that. These kind of test are performed for Defense requirement. As I was applied for Defense so I have the experience for that.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

I discussed my medical examination with my American Cousin who is doctor.

And told him about testicle stuff. devil.gif

He said

"He was checking for a hernia. It is a common procedure."

Hernia is not communicable disease. US govt give emphasise on communicable disease. Please go through the medical examination test on US official page.

Your doctor may be taking extra care to keep himself as a medical panel for US immigration. Doing all tests.....

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

"What should the applicant expect at the medical examination?

...The physical examination will at least include examination of the eyes, ears, nose and throat, extremities, heart, lungs, abdomen, lymph nodes, skin and external genitalia."

Taken from the Department of State's website, accessible here:

Immigrant Visa Interview - Medical Examination FAQs

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3745.html#_What_is_the_1

Priority Date: 10/5/2006

Interview Scheduled: 10/1/2013

Medical Completed: 11/4/2013

Interview Completed: 11/18/2013

CEAC Status -- Administrative Processing -- 11/19/2013

CEAC Status -- ISSUED -- 11/19/2013

VISA IN HAND -- 11/21/2013

POE -- 11/22/2013

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline
...................., 1 more old man who was before me , he did same , I heard his voice from the room.

Are u sure..laughing.gif

It might be the voice of the doctor..the old man might have trashed him..biggrin.png

Just Pun Intended..

Timeline

"What should the applicant expect at the medical examination?

...The physical examination will at least include examination of the eyes, ears, nose and throat, extremities, heart, lungs, abdomen, lymph nodes, skin and external genitalia."

Taken from the Department of State's website, accessible here:

Immigrant Visa Interview - Medical Examination FAQs

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3745.html#_What_is_the_1

good.gif

PD 21/08/2001

I/L received today @ 4:00pm

PD 21/08/2001. I/L received today @ 4:00pm

Good Luck..good.gif

Edited by Visa Grant

Timeline

UPCOMING VISA BULLETIN FOR F4..............

Oct 2013 - 1 sept,2001

Nov - 22 oct,2001

Dec - 15 Dec,2001

Jan 2014 - 8 Feb,2002

Feb - 15 march,2002

March - 22 May,2002

April - 8 july,2002

May - 12 aug,2002

June - 15 oct,2002

July - Dec,2002 good.gifgood.gif

Timeline

UPCOMING VISA BULLETIN FOR F4..............

Oct 2013 - 1 sept,2001

Nov - 22 oct,2001

Dec - 15 Dec,2001

Jan 2014 - 8 Feb,2002

Feb - 15 march,2002

March - 22 May,2002

April - 8 july,2002

May - 12 aug,2002

June - 15 oct,2002

July - Dec,2002 good.gifgood.gif

Real appreciate your progressive and positive thinking !

Timeline

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3a2bb75e8109b310VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

What is this $165 is all about??? Do we also need to pay this??? In my interview letter they have not mentioned about this fee..! So, do I need to pay this???

Priority Date : 18 JUL 2001.

Interviewed Once : DEC 2010.

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3a2bb75e8109b310VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

What is this $165 is all about??? Do we also need to pay this??? In my interview letter they have not mentioned about this fee..! So, do I need to pay this???

No.

this fees will only be paid , once after visa is issued.

you have to pay this fees before leaving for USA.

you have to pay this fees online , or any of your relative in USA can pay for you.

Savvy Boy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.