5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Good!!! I will call them myself and hear what they have to say about our case. Please also let me/us know if you get it in the mail like they said. Best of luck on the final stretch at last :)))))))

Hi lurxor,any news?Did you call USCIS?I am really worried now.

Filed: Timeline

What we extracted from a worksheet from NVC for calculating CSPA age which was uploaded by a follow member recently; in case of retrogression the NVC will use the initial date when the Priority Date became current when calculating the CSPA adjusted age IF the applicant paid the IV fee or submitted the Affidavit of Support or filed the DS-230 before the Priority Date retrogressed. In your case, the initial date when the Priority Date became current was August 01, 2010 and it retrogressed on February 01, 2011 and will again become current on April 01, 2013. Since you're saying you handed it over to a consultancy firm, then it is very much likely that you're IV fee or AOS or DS-230 was filed before February 01, 2011.

Now, the method for CSPA is that the age of the applicant for the purpose of immigration is:

(Age when PD became current) - (Time it took for initial approval) = (7854 days) - (237 days) = 7617 Days = 20 years 10 months and some days (roughly)

which is under 21. so you are good hence your name in the interview letter. be calm, be positive and do not argue at your interview. goodluck.

OK. Interview is getting close and my petitioner just sent me all the documents and stuff.

One more question: the initial date when the Priority Date became current should be Aug 2010 or Mar 2013?

Due to retrogression, there are many uncertainties there...any law or website that I can refer that they will use the Aug 2010 for calculation instead of Mar 2013?

THANKS A BUNCH EVERYONE. AND I WILL UPDATE MY RESULT ONCE I DONE MY INTERVIEW ON APR 8

If you already paid the fees just appear for the interview since your name is on the appointmet letter. If it happens that your are not eligible by heircaclcvulation, DON'T beg as it will NOT make an atom of difference in their decision regradless if you tell them how much you love the U.S or not . They have to follow the law and set guidelines.Just walkout with your head held up high.

I said it because there are different versions of rumor.

Some said if I got the appointment mail, I should be fine but some said the consulate will reject my application during the interview...

some said it really depends on the consulate...and they can even make their own choices...

But thanks, I do think begging sounds stupid...i am chill even the immigrant visa is unsuccessful...haha

Hey everyone I am not sure who is still catching up my case...

I have recently found a calculator for CSPA..and here is my calculating result...

http://www.***removed***/cspa-calculator.do;jsessionid=8402FB13BFC3B977AB890F6B21482BE4

- sorry the link is not available...i used ***removed***

It said "Even if your CSPA age is less than 21 years, you are eligible for immigrant visa, as the child must "seek to acquire" permanent residence within 1 year of a visa becoming available. You have waited too long. "

DOES THAT MEAN I SHOULD GIVE UP AND STOP DOING ANYTHING?

THANKS A BUNCH EVERYONE

----------------------------------------------

Backgroud info:

DOB: 1/23/1989

USCIS Petition Date [priority date]: 4/25/2001

Approval Date: 12/18/2001

Visa case number FIRST becomes current: 8/11/2010 [letter received]

IV Fee Invoice: 11/4/2010

Submitted DS-230 ~ around January 2011 [exact date not sure due to case handled by a consultancy]

Visa case number Retrogressed on 2/1/2011

case number becomes current AGAIN: 3/1/2013

Received the appointment letter: 3/5/2013

Edited by uclabruins

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

People would die from heart attack if f3 & f4 approved and pending cases would be eliminated.

Alas ! ! !

Do you think US govt is so dumb that after receiving all Visa fee and approved case waiting for visa number are going to cancel ! Or eleminate !! I don't think so !!!

Timeline

Dear Savy-boy,

Pls.no need to be worried,everything will be in order & perfect.We have 3 apporved cases in our family are waiting for visa number:--

1.PD-22/12/2003-F4(Me)

2.PD-19/07/2007-F2B(My husband's brother)

3.PD-19/12/2006-F4(My Husband)

Pd-22dec2003

I-130 Sent : 10th April 2003

I-130 NOA1 : 24th Dec 2003

I-130 Approved : 19th November 2009

NVC Received : 18th December 2009

COA open : 15th October 2015

AOS paid : 16th November 2015

Visa fees paid : 12th March 2016

Support documents &

Civil document sent: 15th March 2016

CC letter received : 19th april 2016

Interview letter received: 02 December 2016

Medical:18th December,2016

Interview on:9th January 2017

Visa issued:12,January 2017

In USA:21,February,2017

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hello VJ,

I am new to F4 process, i am the petitioner for my brother, i just received I-130 email approval (Priority Date is September 2006).

When i filed I130 back on 2006 my brother wasnt marrried, now that he is married with 2 little kids, what kind of documents do i have to send to the NVC so he can add his wife and kids with his case?

Thank you.

Timeline

Hello VJ,

I am new to F4 process, i am the petitioner for my brother, i just received I-130 email approval (Priority Date is September 2006).

When i filed I130 back on 2006 my brother wasnt marrried, now that he is married with 2 little kids, what kind of documents do i have to send to the NVC so he can add his wife and kids with his case?

Thank you.

Send a email mentioning the marriage status change and scan the marriage certificate along with birth certificates for your brother's wife and kids. Then they will include your brother's wife and kids name into the petition. It's simple.

Timeline

Send a email mentioning the marriage status change and scan the marriage certificate along with birth certificates for your brother's wife and kids. Then they will include your brother's wife and kids name into the petition. It's simple.

Thank you for the reply, but to whom i have to send the email?

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thank you for the reply, but to whom i have to send the email?

NVCINQUIRY@STATE.GOV

write your case umber on subject line and then write on message body principal applicant name and his date of birth, petitioner name and his date of birth.

and attach required documents...

BUT you have to wait until you have not receive your choice of agent/ Mean when nvc will start your case processing then you can add/include your other derivative beneficiaries names.

I suggest you dont send email to NVC until they inform you by department..

you have to wait.

PD:29MAY2002

DOCUMENTARILY QUALUFIED SNICE JAN2012

WAITIN FOR VISA NUMBER

Timeline

NVCINQUIRY@STATE.GOV

write your case umber on subject line and then write on message body principal applicant name and his date of birth, petitioner name and his date of birth.

and attach required documents...

BUT you have to wait until you have not receive your choice of agent/ Mean when nvc will start your case processing then you can add/include your other derivative beneficiaries names.

I suggest you dont send email to NVC until they inform you by department..

you have to wait.

Thank you Pak2002,

do u know how long it will take for visa number to be available? PD 09/2006 just wondering the wait time?

Thank you again

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.