5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

can anybody help me please,my husband will go sputum test and a culture test for 2 mos,if the result will go negative its okay if we will adjust our interview date what about if it will go positive for TB can we go ahead for the interview and he will just follow after the medication?i have waited this moment for 23 years and i think i will go crazy for another 6 mos for his medication.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

can anybody help me please,my husband will go sputum test and a culture test for 2 mos,if the result will go negative its okay if we will adjust our interview date what about if it will go positive for TB can we go ahead for the interview and he will just follow after the medication?i have waited this moment for 23 years and i think i will go crazy for another 6 mos for his medication.

Your family still can go to the interview and you don't need to adjust the interview's date. They will ask for your husband medical examination result, but it is okay if he doesn't have it. He will have it after 9 weeks of the sputum culture. If your husband is the principal applicant, the derivatives will not be granted visas. If your husband is a derivative, the rest of derivatives may be granted visas if the principal applicant is granted a visa.

After 9 weeks, if the sputum test is negative, you can submit the new medical exam and get visas.

If the sputum test is positive, your husband may go through treatment. He will take TB medicine for 6 months. After 6 months, your husband will go through a sputum test again to make sure that he is free of TB disease. It take 9 more weeks. After 9 weeks, if your family were not granted visas at the time of interview, all the medical examination will be expired and you all have to renew it. When you submit all the paperwork (all of the have to be valid). For example, police clearance. (I-864 don't need to be renew, but you can submit new tax return of 2010).

Please note that, after the final sputum culture, the result will be expired in 3 months. If you get visa your family should travel to US before the medical expired.

I hope this will help. Please correct me if I am wrong. :)

Edited by carol8386

F4 Priority Date Tracking

F4 Visa Category Filers

Thanks to visagrant for this idea :)

F4

PD: November 20, 2000

1st interview: Jan 2011

retrogression in Feb 2011

PD current in May 2012

2nd interview: May 2012 (approved)

Visa received: May 12, 2012

Timeline

Just a note for your family: Please follow instructions of doctor to prevent the contagious of TB disease. I didn't mean that your husband has TB disease. But it is safe for everybody if we know how to prevent TB disease.

Good luck

F4 Visa Category Filers

F4

PD current in May 2012

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Your family still can go to the interview and you don't need to adjust the interview's date. They will ask for your husband medical examination result, but it is okay if he doesn't have it. He will have it after 9 weeks of the sputum culture. If your husband is the principal applicant, the derivatives will not be granted visas. If your husband is a derivative, the rest of derivatives may be granted visas if the principal applicant is granted a visa.

After 9 weeks, if the sputum test is negative, you can submit the new medical exam and get visas.

If the sputum test is positive, your husband may go through treatment. He will take TB medicine for 6 months. After 6 months, your husband will go through a sputum test again to make sure that he is free of TB disease. It take 9 more weeks. After 9 weeks, if your family were not granted visas at the time of interview, all the medical examination will be expired and you all have to renew it. When you submit all the paperwork (all of the have to be valid). For example, police clearance. (I-864 don't need to be renew, but you can submit new tax return of 2010).

Please note that, after the final sputum culture, the result will be expired in 3 months. If you get visa your family should travel to US before the medical expired.

I hope this will help. Please correct me if I am wrong. :)

:thumbs:

You can also do a search in VJ for the wealth of Knowledge for more inputs..:yes:

Just a note for your family: Please follow instructions of doctor to prevent the contagious of TB disease. I didn't mean that your husband has TB disease. But it is safe for everybody if we know how to prevent TB disease.

Good luck

:thumbs:

Timeline

thanks carol for the relief...i am the principal applicant my husband and my kids are my derivatives.thats my point i dont want to move my interview date.thanks a lot

Edited by pampoo

Timeline

thanks carol for the relief....i am the principal applicant,thats my point i dont want to adjust my interview date i wanna go through it and maybe my husband will be left behind and wait when he is ready and fit to fly

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am super confused. I called NVC and automated response told me "Affidavit of Support has been recieved on December 5th, 2010." and they would be mailing something else in the following weeks. can someone tell me how many other steps are left after affidavit of support?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am super confused. I called NVC and automated response told me "Affidavit of Support has been recieved on December 5th, 2010." and they would be mailing something else in the following weeks. can someone tell me how many other steps are left after affidavit of support?

if you havent done so already you will send in the DS-230 Application for Immigrant Visa

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Timeline

thanks carol for the relief....i am the principal applicant,thats my point i dont want to adjust my interview date i wanna go through it and maybe my husband will be left behind and wait when he is ready and fit to fly

You're very welcome. I am glad that I can help you.

If you are the principal applicant, that will be great. Please remember to ask the consular officer to grant visas for you and your kids if the interview was successful. Sometimes consular officer will ask whether you and your children want visas or not.

Good luck :)

F4 Visa Category Filers

F4

PD current in May 2012

Timeline

Just Chill. whenever u get some update..do join in here and the VJ experts will enlighten you..:thumbs:

........ Sometimes consular officer will ask whether you and your children want visas or not.

"An offer which you can't refuse"..:D

Timeline

Yeah, you are right. However, I know cases which the principal want to wait for the derivatives who is waiting for the result of sputum culture, then the visa bulletin retrogress, and they lost their chance of getting visa because they refused the offer. Think smart :)

F4 Visa Category Filers

F4

PD current in May 2012

Timeline

Yeah, you are right. However, I know cases which the principal want to wait for the derivatives who is waiting for the result of sputum culture, then the visa bulletin retrogress, and they lost their chance of getting visa because they refused the offer. Think smart :)

:yes:...:thumbs:

Timeline

April Visa Bulletin is Out; or i am the one who is mistaken??

http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

If it is out; still there is no change in F4.

GOD BLESS ALL

Spoiler

USCIS

October 31,2001 : I-130 Sent.

November 05,2001 : I-130 NOA 1.

November 23,2009 : I-130 NOA 2(Approval Notice).

December 01,2009 :Case Shipped to Department of State.

NVC

September 09,2010 : Email sent to NVC regarding CSPA.

September 13,2010 : Priority Date Current.

September 18,2010 : Successfully E-mailed DS-3032.

September 22,2010 : AOS Invoiced(Online Payment Portal).

September 23,2010 : AOS Fee Paid.

September 24,2010 : NVC sends Email that case is being processed under CSPA Act of 2000.

September 28,2010 : NVC Receives DS-3032(E-mail received from NVC).

September 28,2010 : IV Invoiced(Online Payment Portal).

September 30,2010 : IV Fee Paid.

October 28, 2010 : AOS Packet Sent.

October 29, 2010 : AOS Packet delivered at PORTSMOUTH, NH.

November 16,2010 : AVRS says I-864 received.

November 16,2010 : DS-230 Packet Sent.

November 17,2010 : DS-230 delivered at PORTSMOUTH, NH.

December 06,2010 : AVRS says DS-230 received.

December 11,2010 : AVRS says documents missing, NVC has mailed a letter on Dec. 10.

December 18,2010 : Missing Affidavits Sent.

December 19,2010 : Checklist Cover Letter Received from NVC.

December 21,2010 : Corrected Affidavits Sent.

December 25,2010 : Merry X-Mas. AVRS says checklist response received on Dec.23; need 4-6 weeks for review.

January 12,2010 : Happy NEW YEAR. AVRS says CASE COMPLETED :)

January 25,2010 : Sign in Failed 2300 HRS IST :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.