5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hello, I am a US citizen and am preparing I-130 paperwork to be filed for my sister.

Here is the list of documents I have:

1. Affidavits

- my affidavit stating that she is my real sister etc

- sister's affidavit about her DOB, that I am real brother etc

- father's affidavit (stating sisters DOB, place of birth etc)

2. Sister's passport ID page showing DOB, father and mother names

3. My naturalization certificate proving I am citizen

4. My birth certificate showing father name

5. Many educational documents/certificates from Universities/colleges etc showing that we both have same father on those records.

The problem is that my sister does not have her birth certificate. She tried but the records are so old and could not get from the local registrar office - so she has made that statement in her affidavit. And we are showing through various academic document that we have common father.

My question is if the above documents are good for the application?

Any comments/feedback much appreciated.

gk

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello, I am a US citizen and am preparing I-130 paperwork to be filed for my sister.

Here is the list of documents I have:

1. Affidavits

- my affidavit stating that she is my real sister etc

- sister's affidavit about her DOB, that I am real brother etc

- father's affidavit (stating sisters DOB, place of birth etc)

2. Sister's passport ID page showing DOB, father and mother names

3. My naturalization certificate proving I am citizen

4. My birth certificate showing father name

5. Many educational documents/certificates from Universities/colleges etc showing that we both have same father on those records.

The problem is that my sister does not have her birth certificate. She tried but the records are so old and could not get from the local registrar office - so she has made that statement in her affidavit. And we are showing through various academic document that we have common father.

My question is if the above documents are good for the application?

Any comments/feedback much appreciated.

gk

Welcome GK..:thumbs:

You should also get a "Non Availability of Birth record" from the Municipal office/ Office of Birth registrar for the specific birth date of ur sister.Check the link Below

Country Reciprocity Schedule

Good Luck

Timeline

WOW!!! Congratulations!!!

... We (my family's case) still have a looooooooooooooooooong waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to goooooooooo..

Still, cheers!!!

jmac01

Before u r good to go...Where is ur timeline of ur petition...??..:D

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Welcome GK..:thumbs:

You should also get a "Non Availability of Birth record" from the Municipal office/ Office of Birth registrar for the specific birth date of ur sister.Check the link Below

Country Reciprocity Schedule

Good Luck

ok. but how do you get it? Is this something that can happen over postal mail?

In my experience, in small towns no one even bothers to reply to letters.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

visagrant is right,just what i did to my sister.NVC is asking me for the birth cert of my sister[my sponsor] what i did is go back to our hometown,submit the necessary documents for what we call late registraton.so if you are out of your old hometown do so for asking a favor either of any relatives to secure and register one for your sister.

Timeline

Yes it is , but can you explain it briefly .will it be published on march or april ? My pd is December 2000 :(

Welcome Yousuf to this forum..:thumbs:

I really explained very briefly..:star:

the F4 Visa Category requires lots and lots of patience..:yes:

I could not see the timeline of ur petition earlier..:crying:

As ur almost near to your visajourney...u should not be worried enough...based on your PD, NVC will contact u 6-9 months before ur PD becomes current...:thumbs:

Meanwhile just call NVC and make sure ur email address is in their records..Good Luck

Timeline

Just approach the office and provide an application form to give u a birth certificate for that specific date, if it is not available, then request them to provide a document confirming that the certificate does not exist with the official stamp. It is being provided in all offices to everyone.

:yes:

otherwise as the VJ member pampoo said go in for a new registration of the birth record as u have lot of time now.

Good Luck..:thumbs:

visagrant is right,just what i did to my sister.NVC is asking me for the birth cert of my sister[my sponsor] what i did is go back to our hometown,submit the necessary documents for what we call late registration.so if you are out of your old hometown do so for asking a favor either of any relatives to secure and register one for your sister.

:thumbs:

Timeline

All the new members - either update your petition details by clicking Timeline (right below ur Id on ur left side..) or update your signature in the settings. It will be easier for other VJ members to resolve ur queries faster..:ot:

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
USCIS to Close its Office in Vietnam on March 31

Will Stop Accepting Applications March 25

March 8, 2011

WASHINGTON - U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) today announced it will permanently close its field office in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, on March 31, 2011.

As of March 25, applications and petitions previously accepted by the USCIS Ho Chi Minh City Field Office may be filed with the U.S. Department of State Consular Section there. Where authorized, the Consular Section will assume responsibility for processing certain cases.

General information about the Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City is available online at: http://hochiminh.usconsulate.gov, or by calling the Consulate’s automated phone service, 84-8-3520-4200, or via mail correspondence to:

American Consulate General

4 Le Duan Street, District 1

Ho Chi Minh City

Vietnam

The Consular Section will send other applications and petitions to the USCIS Field Office in Bangkok, Thailand.

Individuals may contact the USCIS Bangkok Field Office by telephone, 02-205-5352 (within Thailand) or 011-662-205-5352 (from the United States); fax, 02-255-2917; or e-mail, bkkcis.inquiries@dhs.gov

The mailing address is:

Regular Mail

Express Mail

DHS/USCIS Bangkok

c/o American Embassy

Box 12

APO AP 96546

DHS/USCIS

Sindhorn, Tower 2, 15th Floor

130-133 Wireless Rd.

Lumpini Pathumwan

Bangkok Thailand 10330

For more information on USCIS and its programs, visit www.uscis.gov.

Last updated:03/08/2011

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=48f1b3e38c19e210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=68439c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

I have just read this and worried about my application in Vietnam . Does this mean the consular office stops processing all pending applications in Vietnam?

Thank you

F4 Priority Date Tracking

F4 Visa Category Filers

Thanks to visagrant for this idea :)

F4

PD: November 20, 2000

1st interview: Jan 2011

retrogression in Feb 2011

PD current in May 2012

2nd interview: May 2012 (approved)

Visa received: May 12, 2012

Timeline

Yes it is , but can you explain it briefly .will it be published on march or april ? My pd is December 2000 :(

Everyone talk about Predictions precisely because no one can really make them..:yes:

http://www.uscis.gov...00045f3d6a1RCRD

I have just read this and worried about my application in Vietnam . Does this mean the consular office stops processing all pending applications in Vietnam?

Thank you

Yes.. After March 25th...u may have to celebrate ur visa approval with Thai Food...:)

Edited by visagrant

Timeline

case touched....it is at initial review....wooohoooo

I-130 for Brother

02-07-2011 I-130 package shipped via USPS express mail

02-08-2011 Priority Date , receipt no: WAC000000000000

02-14-2011 I-130 fee check encashed

03-07-2011 Touched

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.