5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

Congrats Sonblom..:dance::dance::dance::dance: :dance:

Now that "You can breathe and feel the rain from the immigration cloud..Congrats Once again..:thumbs:

Also thank you for your detailed review for which you might have also experienced before the interview that there was not a single source for any preparation for F4 Visa...Your review will help the present F4 filers and also serve as a useful guide for the future F4 Visa filers..:yes:

"Our sons were each asked if they had any children (they are 15 and 18 so that elicited a few giggles)....:D

'Why would you be nervous - this is indeed your brother and you qualify for this visa,...it really boosts the confidence..:)

Do countinue your virtual presence ( If feasible) and provide your expertise in these VJ F4 Visa posts and i would be really greatful to you.. :thumbs:

Question from me..

Do let us know if the Green Card issued in this F4 Visa category is for 5yrs or 10 yrs?..

Good Luck :star:

F4 derivative beneficiaries include children from birth to age 21 at time of filing :)

Oh and my son reminded me of a couple of other questions asked:

- Have you ever served in the military? (My husband was a yes because he had to serve 2 years in the army because of compulsory military service at the time. He was then asked if he was ever in active combat)

- Also asked have you ever received any form of government assistance in the USA

Another thing, the officer told us that my 18 year old son must go online and sign up for "Selective Service". This is mandatory for all boys under 21 and my 15 year old must also sign up when he turns 18. He explained that if the draft is ever enforced you would thus have to serve.

He also said that it is highly unlikely and that the last time there was a draft was in 1978 or something...

I thought that was interesting as it was the first time I ever heard of it.

If I remember anything else I'll post again. Feel free to ask any questions - I'd love to help if I can.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I can answer that! Each child has to sign their own unless they can't write then you do it for them. That's what my attorney told me :)

Thanks a lot Sonblom. Now I can have their package sealed :). Together with the DS-230s (for the family), the following will be sent to NVC today -

1. Doument Cover Letter

- Checklist Document/Letter

- IV Payment Fee Bil and Receipt

2. Birth Certificate (for all of us, we're 5 btw) - Original in SECPA and Photocopy

3. Marriage Certificate (for me and my wife) - Original in SECPA and Photocopy

4. NBI Clearance (me and my wife) - Original and Photocopy

5. Photocopy of Passport Biographical Data Page (for all of us)

6. Two (2) 2" x 2" VISA Pictures (for all of us)

We just hope we're doing it right :)

Thanks and Cheers!!!

jmac01

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

F4 derivative beneficiaries include children from birth to age 21 at time of filing :)

Oh and my son reminded me of a couple of other questions asked:

- Have you ever served in the military? (My husband was a yes because he had to serve 2 years in the army because of compulsory military service at the time. He was then asked if he was ever in active combat)

- Also asked have you ever received any form of government assistance in the USA

Another thing, the officer told us that my 18 year old son must go online and sign up for "Selective Service". This is mandatory for all boys under 21 and my 15 year old must also sign up when he turns 18. He explained that if the draft is ever enforced you would thus have to serve.

He also said that it is highly unlikely and that the last time there was a draft was in 1978 or something...

I thought that was interesting as it was the first time I ever heard of it.

If I remember anything else I'll post again. Feel free to ask any questions - I'd love to help if I can.

:thumbs:

Timeline

Thanks a lot Sonblom. Now I can have their package sealed :). Together with the DS-230s (for the family), the following will be sent to NVC today -

1. Doument Cover Letter

- Checklist Document/Letter

- IV Payment Fee Bil and Receipt

2. Birth Certificate (for all of us, we're 5 btw) - Original in SECPA and Photocopy

3. Marriage Certificate (for me and my wife) - Original in SECPA and Photocopy

4. NBI Clearance (me and my wife) - Original and Photocopy

5. Photocopy of Passport Biographical Data Page (for all of us)

6. Two (2) 2" x 2" VISA Pictures (for all of us)

We just hope we're doing it right :)

Thanks and Cheers!!!

jmac01

Check the following

• DS-230 Part-1 signed by you, your wife and signed onbehalf of the children
  • DS-230 part-2 complete & unsign & also for the Children
  • Write/paste the NVC Case Number on all the documents including originals
  • Write NVC Case Number and Name and DOB on back of all the photographs
  • Make sure the photographs are held tightly with the applications( NVC usually have the habit of losing few things..):yes:

I can't think of anything else now, Also send it overnight through FEDEX...:bonk:

Good Luck..:thumbs:

Timeline

thanks for answering my question =)

his name was included at the fee bill.. will this be a guarantee that ha will migrate with his family together? or should they wait for the interview notice?

my cousin's aunt prohibited them to call NVC about my cousins case. what will be the consequence?

tinnie

you aunt has already paid for the cousins IV fee bill. Unless you update the NVC with the required details and not anything more, hoping everything is simple, i don't see any issues..:yes:

Timeline

AVRS says documents missing,NVC has mailed a letter on DEC 10.

I will call NVC on monday, and will ask for what is missing.

Any Suggestions?

Regards,

Uday

Spoiler

USCIS

October 31,2001 : I-130 Sent.

November 05,2001 : I-130 NOA 1.

November 23,2009 : I-130 NOA 2(Approval Notice).

December 01,2009 :Case Shipped to Department of State.

NVC

September 09,2010 : Email sent to NVC regarding CSPA.

September 13,2010 : Priority Date Current.

September 18,2010 : Successfully E-mailed DS-3032.

September 22,2010 : AOS Invoiced(Online Payment Portal).

September 23,2010 : AOS Fee Paid.

September 24,2010 : NVC sends Email that case is being processed under CSPA Act of 2000.

September 28,2010 : NVC Receives DS-3032(E-mail received from NVC).

September 28,2010 : IV Invoiced(Online Payment Portal).

September 30,2010 : IV Fee Paid.

October 28, 2010 : AOS Packet Sent.

October 29, 2010 : AOS Packet delivered at PORTSMOUTH, NH.

November 16,2010 : AVRS says I-864 received.

November 16,2010 : DS-230 Packet Sent.

November 17,2010 : DS-230 delivered at PORTSMOUTH, NH.

December 06,2010 : AVRS says DS-230 received.

December 11,2010 : AVRS says documents missing, NVC has mailed a letter on Dec. 10.

December 18,2010 : Missing Affidavits Sent.

December 19,2010 : Checklist Cover Letter Received from NVC.

December 21,2010 : Corrected Affidavits Sent.

December 25,2010 : Merry X-Mas. AVRS says checklist response received on Dec.23; need 4-6 weeks for review.

January 12,2010 : Happy NEW YEAR. AVRS says CASE COMPLETED :)

January 25,2010 : Sign in Failed 2300 HRS IST :)

Timeline

AVRS says documents missing,NVC has mailed a letter on DEC 10.

I will call NVC on monday, and will ask for what is missing.

Any Suggestions?

Regards,

Uday

Uday

You are way ahead and NVC is behind you..:yes:

Their servers are not updated and u r very close to SIF in a day or two..:dance:

Check ur emails and the payment portal..They are official..:thumbs:

Timeline

Check the following

• DS-230 Part-1 signed by you, your wife and signed onbehalf of the children
  • DS-230 part-2 complete & unsign & also for the Children
  • Write/paste the NVC Case Number on all the documents including originals
  • Write NVC Case Number and Name and DOB on back of all the photographs
  • Make sure the photographs are held tightly with the applications( NVC usually have the habit of losing few things..):yes:

I can't think of anything else now, Also send it overnight through FEDEX...:bonk:

Good Luck..:thumbs:

As suggested by sonblom, I've asked each of my kid sign their own DS-230 (Part I) :). Case Number on all documents, including originals. Name and Case Number only on the photographs (back) :(. Sent the package via LBC :)...Waiting game...

Thanks and Cheers!!!

jmac01

Hi All,

I see that most of the F4 cases are through Consular processing. My case is an AOS in the US. I my receipt date is Aug 2, 2010 and as of yet I haven't received an interview letter. I'm running slower that some other peers I've seen with the same cases as mine that within 90 days have received everything.

My district office is Miami, FL and I've heard that due to the TPS the process has slower. I would be very glad if someone can shed some light as the processing times or what may be the issue.

Either way, I got an infopass for this week to check the status as no LUD has been posted since Sept 1, 2010 which was my biometrics appointment.

Thanks and have a good day!

Timeline

As suggested by sonblom, I've asked each of my kid sign their own DS-230 (Part I) :). Case Number on all documents, including originals. Name and Case Number only on the photographs (back) :(. Sent the package via LBC :)...Waiting game...

Thanks and Cheers!!!

jmac01

Good Luck.:thumbs:

Timeline

Hi All,

I see that most of the F4 cases are through Consular processing. My case is an AOS in the US. I my receipt date is Aug 2, 2010 and as of yet I haven't received an interview letter. I'm running slower that some other peers I've seen with the same cases as mine that within 90 days have received everything.

My district office is Miami, FL and I've heard that due to the TPS the process has slower. I would be very glad if someone can shed some light as the processing times or what may be the issue.

Either way, I got an infopass for this week to check the status as no LUD has been posted since Sept 1, 2010 which was my biometrics appointment.

Thanks and have a good day!

Welcome MIAInfo..:star:

You case is very similar to VJ Expert member Sonblom, who applied around 2001 and was approved..:yes:..You can take the tips and move your case faster...:thumbs:

Welcome MIAInfo..:star:

You case is very similar to VJ Expert member Sonblom, who applied around 2001 and was approved..:yes:..You can take the tips and move your case faster...:thumbs:

Thanks! I will read his/her posts and see what I can gain! Thanks :)

Timeline

Thanks! I will read his/her posts and see what I can gain! Thanks :)

:star:

Ha! Priority Date Retrogression.... :( :( :(.

... after paying the IV Fee... :( :( :(

Still, Cheers!!!

jmac01

:no:

The visa priority date for F4 has not retrogressed, but remaining same for the last 2 months..:yes:

Timeline

Hi visagrant,

I just noticed that I've indicated 01APR1990 as our priority date, correction, it should be 01AUG1990. Our PD became current last September 2010 (PD : 01JAN1991). Then in Oct2010, PD for F4 was 01APR1991. It did not move in November (PD is still 01APR1991). Then for this month, December, PD for F4 has retrogressed to 01JAN1988. Visa Bulletin for January 2011 says the same (01JAN1998). I really hope I'm the one who's reading it wrongly... waaaaaaaah!!!

After paying the IV Fee.... waaaah!!! I could've used the funds for this season :). Well, I know we're not the only ones under this predicament. After paying the IV Feeeeee.. wheew! If for any consolation, I hope that we'll not have problems with our application docs... a status "DOCUMENTARY QUALIFIED" will do. :)

Well, still, Cheers!!!

jmac01

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.