5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Uday

Good Luck on the progress..:thumbs:

Based on the above letter and seeing the timing of your packages, it is just a matter of overlap.Right now it is taking roughly 12 days to enter IV packages into the system..NVC operator does not have access to the mail room and to see the contents. They can only see the computer screen and to say if it is received, reviewed, closed etc.Keep Calling NVC and Ask..When AVRS(Automated Voice response system) says checklist respond received...that means IV packet has been entered into the system.. :yes:

I am calling NVC regularly and will let you know on any updates.

Thank you

Uday

Spoiler

USCIS

October 31,2001 : I-130 Sent.

November 05,2001 : I-130 NOA 1.

November 23,2009 : I-130 NOA 2(Approval Notice).

December 01,2009 :Case Shipped to Department of State.

NVC

September 09,2010 : Email sent to NVC regarding CSPA.

September 13,2010 : Priority Date Current.

September 18,2010 : Successfully E-mailed DS-3032.

September 22,2010 : AOS Invoiced(Online Payment Portal).

September 23,2010 : AOS Fee Paid.

September 24,2010 : NVC sends Email that case is being processed under CSPA Act of 2000.

September 28,2010 : NVC Receives DS-3032(E-mail received from NVC).

September 28,2010 : IV Invoiced(Online Payment Portal).

September 30,2010 : IV Fee Paid.

October 28, 2010 : AOS Packet Sent.

October 29, 2010 : AOS Packet delivered at PORTSMOUTH, NH.

November 16,2010 : AVRS says I-864 received.

November 16,2010 : DS-230 Packet Sent.

November 17,2010 : DS-230 delivered at PORTSMOUTH, NH.

December 06,2010 : AVRS says DS-230 received.

December 11,2010 : AVRS says documents missing, NVC has mailed a letter on Dec. 10.

December 18,2010 : Missing Affidavits Sent.

December 19,2010 : Checklist Cover Letter Received from NVC.

December 21,2010 : Corrected Affidavits Sent.

December 25,2010 : Merry X-Mas. AVRS says checklist response received on Dec.23; need 4-6 weeks for review.

January 12,2010 : Happy NEW YEAR. AVRS says CASE COMPLETED :)

January 25,2010 : Sign in Failed 2300 HRS IST :)

Timeline

First, Welcome..Just before i answer, just remember.." Be Proactive rather than reactive and Don't wait for anything from NVC.:yes:

1. Yes,provided you have a bank account in the US.If you had called the NVC(603-334-0700) and provided the petitioner(Sister) and beneficiary email address, then you could have saved lot of time instead of receiving it in postal mail. Anyways, you can speed up now..Ask the beneficiary(BIL) to call the NVC and update his email address. Also as the Petitioner is out of US, update the change of address through the link
  2. You can add yourself as the cosponsor and you have to file the I-864a.The petitioner has to still submit the I-864, even though there is no income
  3. When u pay the AOS fees online, after 2-3 days barcoded coversheet will appear in the Payment Portal . You have to print that and attach with the AOS package for postal mailing
  4. Your Sister's name and kids can be added as derivatives in the DS-230 form.Meanwhile call NVC and update their details too.
  5. Most of the next steps can be known by reading this complete thread or by going through the below links..They can be applied to F4 Visas too.
    1. LingChe_NVC_ShortCut
    2. LOTO's Gyan

[*]The faster you can provide the information to the NVC, the sooner will be your interview. NVC/Consulate schedules the Interview, you can reschedule. But You cannot pick the dates.[*]After the Visa is approved, you have 6 months to enter US. If you want to delay the process before the interview, then you can do postal mail than online.

Good Luck..:star:

Thanks visagrant for the quick response, another question:

- Regarding police clearance certificate, my brother in law and family are in Kuwait, and they are in the process of applying for the clearance certificate from the Indian embassy in Kuwait which would also include a clearance certificate from the issuing passport office in India, so do they need to apply for another clearance certificate in India? Or would the clearance certificate from the embassy suffice?

Thanks in advance

Timeline

rjose

Is your sister applying for a Visa from Kuwait or India?."Indian passport holders applying for visas outside India should obtain a statement from their local embassy or consulate confirming they have no criminal record".If she is applying in India, It is better to get police clearance certificate from all the places resided from the age of 16.

It is better to be 'safe' than 'sorry' while doing the visa issues. :star:

Edited by visagrant

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: China
Timeline

called nvc again today and the lady said they haven't even sent the completed case to the guangzhou consulate yet and guz will schedule the appointment. what the heck?! i remember seeing something about this online somewhere...but another rep said nvc scheduled the appointments.

grrr. so slow. i tried to keep a close watch. submitted documents as soon as possible hoping my uncle and his family will be here by christmas but guess it wasn't meant to be (;_;)

Timeline

NVC AVRS message changed.

It says:- "NVC has received the checklist response; need 4-6 weeks time to review and you will be notified." :dancing:

The package was received by NVC on 17th of Nov,took about 17 days to enter.

I only pray and hope that i don't get RFE.:no:

GOD BLESS ALL

Spoiler

USCIS

NVC

September 24,2010 : NVC sends Email that case is being processed under CSPA Act of 2000.

December 11,2010 : AVRS says documents missing, NVC has mailed a letter on Dec. 10.

December 25,2010 : Merry X-Mas. AVRS says checklist response received on Dec.23; need 4-6 weeks for review.

Timeline

NVC AVRS message changed.

It says:- "NVC has received the checklist response; need 4-6 weeks time to review and you will be notified." :dancing:

The package was received by NVC on 17th of Nov,took about 17 days to enter.

I only pray and hope that i don't get RFE.:no:

GOD BLESS ALL

Uday

This is not my prediction but an estimation based on other VJ'ers timeline.

Per your timeline IV took 17 days to enter into NVC system. If your IV was delivered at NVC on 11/17 + 14 days = December 3th. This is the date NVC will enter your IV into their system. After that it takes usually 6-7 days for SIF ie. 12/10. So you should probably have your SIF on December 10th (if you don't get any RFE, hopefully not) and then after a day or two (usually) you will have your CC ( Case Complete) on December 12th..:thumbs:

Keep checking the Online Portal and let us know the good news..:yes:

Good Luck.

Timeline

Hi everybody,

First of all thanx 4 d help to udaypannu now i can post everything here...

My Case info:

Petition filed in F4 category : Nov 2002

Case approved : Dec 2009

According to CSPA age calci (http://www.viet.ws/CSPA.html) i turn 21 in 2016.

Currently i m in US doing my masters since 6 months... So i want to know

1. Will i get my visa along with my parents when visa becomes available as i m eligible for it under CSPA???

2. As per my knowledge, i need to file I485-Adjustment of Status when the visa becomes current. So what are the additional documents i need to have when i file for I485??

3. I read about Police Clearance in the forums?? So do i need to get police clearance from US??

4. What is the list of documents that i need to provide along with

a. DS3032

b. DS203

c. I485

Timeline
I130 - NOA1 : 02/11/2002
I130-APPROVED : 01/12/2009
NVC RECEIVED : 20/03/2015

Interview Complete - Visa Received

Timeline

Hi everybody,

First of all thanx 4 d help to udaypannu now i can post everything here...

My Case info:

Petition filed in F4 category : Nov 2002

Case approved : Dec 2009

According to CSPA age calci (http://www.viet.ws/CSPA.html) i turn 21 in 2016.

Currently i m in US doing my masters since 6 months... So i want to know

1. Will i get my visa along with my parents when visa becomes available as i m eligible for it under CSPA???

2. As per my knowledge, i need to file I485-Adjustment of Status when the visa becomes current. So what are the additional documents i need to have when i file for I485??

3. I read about Police Clearance in the forums?? So do i need to get police clearance from US??

4. What is the list of documents that i need to provide along with

a. DS3032

b. DS203

c. I485

Welcome Ram..:star:

1. As you qualify for CSPA, you are eligible to apply for your visa along with your parents..:thumbs:

2.It is your choice, If you want to get the visa in US itself, you can adjust otherwise you can also go through the US Consulate in India..As your PD can become current by end of next year(Assumption)..based on your present scenario, you can decide.

3.No. All you need is the poilce clearance from all the places you resided from the age of 16 including India.

4.Most of the VJ members are going through the consulate route..One VJ member Sonblom has gone through 485 route.He will help u out with your 485 questions..:thumbs:

whatever i know is, if you go through 485, you have to do Biometrics and EAD filing..:innocent:

Good Luck in your Journey.:star:

Timeline

Welcome Ram..:star:

1. As you qualify for CSPA, you are eligible to apply for your visa along with your parents..:thumbs:

2.It is your choice, If you want to get the visa in US itself, you can adjust otherwise you can also go through the US Consulate in India..As your PD can become current by end of next year(Assumption)..based on your present scenario, you can decide.

3.No. All you need is the poilce clearance from all the places you resided from the age of 16 including India.

4.Most of the VJ members are going through the consulate route..One VJ member Sonblom has gone through 485 route.He will help u out with your 485 questions..:thumbs:

whatever i know is, if you go through 485, you have to do Biometrics and EAD filing..:innocent:

Good Luck in your Journey.:star:

Thanx a lot visagrant for the prompt reply and informing me about EAD i didnt knew abt it all..

i will go through I485 route only but as u said i need clearance from all places i resided since 16 than i also resided in US for 8-9 months in US??

Timeline

Timeline

Uday

This is not my prediction but an estimation based on other VJ'ers timeline.

Per your timeline IV took 17 days to enter into NVC system. If your IV was delivered at NVC on 11/17 + 14 days = December 3th. This is the date NVC will enter your IV into their system. After that it takes usually 6-7 days for SIF ie. 12/10. So you should probably have your SIF on December 10th (if you don't get any RFE, hopefully not) and then after a day or two (usually) you will have your CC ( Case Complete) on December 12th..:thumbs:

Keep checking the Online Portal and let us know the good news..:yes:

Good Luck.

I am checking the portal everyday;waiting for SIF. I can only pray that case gets completed ASAP :yes: (no RFE :no: ). Will let you know if there are any updates.

Thanks for all the help.

GOD BLESS ALL

Spoiler

USCIS

NVC

Timeline

Thanx a lot visagrant for the prompt reply and informing me about EAD i didnt knew abt it all..

i will go through I485 route only but as u said i need clearance from all places i resided since 16 than i also resided in US for 8-9 months in US??

You wil need Police Clearance from all the places you have lived for more that 6 months since reaching the age 16.

Edited by udaypannu
Spoiler

USCIS

NVC

Timeline

I again have 1 question...

When my PD becomes current i have to for I485 & EAD along with DS230 and affidavit of support of my petitioner and

my mom & dad will have to fill DS3032 and than AOS and than DS230..

so will this process go parallel or its independent???

i mean is it that v all get visa together or it may happen dat i get after 3-4 months (as in sonblomn timeline) and my parents take 6-7 months ??

Also should i go for any lawyer or just nominate myself as agent in DS3032 ??? any suggestions please....

Edited by ram256

Timeline

Timeline

I again have 1 question...

When my PD becomes current i have to for I485 & EAD along with DS230 and affidavit of support of my petitioner and

my mom & dad will have to fill DS3032 and than AOS and than DS230..

so will this process go parallel or its independent???

i mean is it that v all get visa together or it may happen dat i get after 3-4 months (as in sonblomn timeline) and my parents take 6-7 months ??

Also should i go for any lawyer or just nominate myself as agent in DS3032 ??? any suggestions please....

Ram

You don't need the police clearance for ur stay in US.:yes:

NVC is for persons going through the consulate route.I think you don't need the DS 3032, DS230..:unsure:

Check the below links

Green Card for a Family Member of a U.S. Citizen

Adjustment of Status

As you are the derivative of your parents(Beneficiary), first let your parents fill the forms and then you can submit along with them..:bonk:. If you think your immigration scenario is complicated, then go for the lawyer, otherwise if it is simple enough, then read through the above links and then proceed..:thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.