5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Got a question for you guys since you are in same boat..any idea how long does it take for US citizen sister applying for a Canadian citizen brother and his family who are currently in Canada. I know its like 9-10 years but was wondering if these times are different for people who are in Canada and may be its a slow immigrant traffic area :whistle:

welcome, twulf :star:

the time frame is same. :crying: I read in a different forum that even though the Brother/Sisters are not indian citizen, if he/she was born in india, the IV interview will be in the nearest US consulate in India.So you can check the time frame in Visa Bulletin as per Indian dates.It is better to file early in FB4 Visa irrespective of timeframe as it is totally unpredictable.Few years ago it was 12 yrs, right now it is 9yrs..I130 approval used to be close to 9 yrs, right now it is done in 5 months..:thumbs:

I am hoping as processing for china and canada is totally online..wish they extend the same to all countries including india..

Timeline

----------------------------

I am hoping as processing for china and canada is totally online..wish they extend the same to all countries including india..

By the time i posted the above thought, i was not sure and suddenly i found this link now...:wow:

Electronic Processing of Immigrant Visas

Timeline

Uday

If you have provided the email address for the beneficiary and petitioner to NVC, then go ahead and send the DS 3032 contents in the beneficiary email address to NVCINQUIRY@state.gov.

As your priority date is current, you can send the DS 3032 email right away. NVC will respond to all emails.Call NVC a day or two to check whether they have received your DS3032..:thumbs:

When calling NVC, do mention about the CSPA and check/provide the CSPA information for your case. Do check the below link and ask any of your queries with the NVC.

CSPA

The first thing i'll be doing sending my DS-3032 to them.When i will call them i let them know about CSPA also.Thanks for CSPA link and thanks for everything. :wow:

Uday

Spoiler

USCIS

October 31,2001 : I-130 Sent.

November 05,2001 : I-130 NOA 1.

November 23,2009 : I-130 NOA 2(Approval Notice).

December 01,2009 :Case Shipped to Department of State.

NVC

September 09,2010 : Email sent to NVC regarding CSPA.

September 13,2010 : Priority Date Current.

September 18,2010 : Successfully E-mailed DS-3032.

September 22,2010 : AOS Invoiced(Online Payment Portal).

September 23,2010 : AOS Fee Paid.

September 24,2010 : NVC sends Email that case is being processed under CSPA Act of 2000.

September 28,2010 : NVC Receives DS-3032(E-mail received from NVC).

September 28,2010 : IV Invoiced(Online Payment Portal).

September 30,2010 : IV Fee Paid.

October 28, 2010 : AOS Packet Sent.

October 29, 2010 : AOS Packet delivered at PORTSMOUTH, NH.

November 16,2010 : AVRS says I-864 received.

November 16,2010 : DS-230 Packet Sent.

November 17,2010 : DS-230 delivered at PORTSMOUTH, NH.

December 06,2010 : AVRS says DS-230 received.

December 11,2010 : AVRS says documents missing, NVC has mailed a letter on Dec. 10.

December 18,2010 : Missing Affidavits Sent.

December 19,2010 : Checklist Cover Letter Received from NVC.

December 21,2010 : Corrected Affidavits Sent.

December 25,2010 : Merry X-Mas. AVRS says checklist response received on Dec.23; need 4-6 weeks for review.

January 12,2010 : Happy NEW YEAR. AVRS says CASE COMPLETED :)

January 25,2010 : Sign in Failed 2300 HRS IST :)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

the time frame is same. :crying: I read in a different forum that even though the Brother/Sisters are not indian citizen, if he/she was born in india, the IV interview will be in the nearest US consulate in India.So you can check the time frame in Visa Bulletin as per Indian dates.It is better to file early in FB4 Visa irrespective of timeframe as it is totally unpredictable.Few years ago it was 12 yrs, right now it is 9yrs..I130 approval used to be close to 9 yrs, right now it is done in 5 months..:thumbs:

Visagrant, thanks for the info. I appreaciate it and i agree filing early is the best thing to do.

130 Track:

Apr. 4. 2007: I-130 Sent/Submitted

Apr. 13. 2007: I-130 NOA1

Aug. 11. 2009: I-130 Approved

NVC Track:

Sep 16 2009: NVC Case # assigned

Mar 28 2010: DS3032 received via mail.

Mar 30 2010: DS3032 Entered into NVC sys

Apr 4 2010: AOS fee bill generated

Apr 5 2010: AOS paid online

Apr 6 2010: IV fee bill generated

Apr 13 2010: IV fee bill paid.

May 24 2010: I-864 sent

June 6 2010: DS-230 sent.

July 20 2010: Case complete at NVC

Sep 1 2010: Interview Appt Letter Received

Sep 13 2010: Medical done.

Oct 4 2010: Visa approved

Nov 2010: POE.

Nov 29: Got SSN

Dec 2010: Got Green card

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hi everyone (F4) for my sister, currently case is in NVC. have to pay IV bill and a checklist for I-864 missing doc/ i wanted to know after i am done with these two things what comes next is it DS-230. if it is which documents do i need do send with DS230.cuz my sister already sent me her Ds-230 here in USA, please reply me with ur best answer thank u very much for ur time

Timeline

hi everyone (F4) for my sister, currently case is in NVC. have to pay IV bill and a checklist for I-864 missing doc/ i wanted to know after i am done with these two things what comes next is it DS-230. if it is which documents do i need do send with DS230.cuz my sister already sent me her Ds-230 here in USA, please reply me with ur best answer thank u very much for ur time

Welcome Sajaan :star:

The below Link provides for all the documents required..:thumbs:

Pakistan Reciprocity Schedule

Timeline

thank u for the reply my question is, do i need all of this documents here in us to send with Ds230 since i am the one who will be sending it out for my sister, she filled it out and sent me here, now i should ask her to send me her BC,police C, and MC rite, and the photos passport size which go with DS230 rite. plz let me know if i am rite thanks

Timeline

Sajaan, You are Perfectly right..:thumbs:

While filling the DS3032,I-864,DS230 forms, make atleast 3 copies of the filled in document and keep them for yourself incase of any emergency need.:yes:

Also add a photocopy of BC, MC and beneficiary's passport.

This is the link to the NVC payment portal. Bookmark it. You're gonna be checking in a lot...:bonk:

NVC Payment Portal

Timeline

ok now when its time to send in DS230 i have to get all the original documents / birth C/ marriage C/ and police C, am i right also when i give them all the originals we get them back of the time of interview rite

Timeline

Sajaan..You are right once again..:yes:

Make sure you send the entire package with tracking options through courier..:bonk:

Also write down your NVC Number on a postscript and keep them on all your originals..Lot of members in this forum has lost their mails and documents in transit..:unsure:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

Yes!!! Received our biometrics appointment notices today.

Timeline:

8/27 - Mailed AOS & EAD packet

9/2 - Received at USCIS

9/14 - NOA1 hardcopies received

9/23 - Biometrics Appointment Notices received

10/14 - Biometrics Appointment

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

Successfully attempted an early walk-in for Biometrics today :dance:

Timeline:

8/27 - Mailed AOS & EAD packet

9/2 - Received at USCIS

9/14 - NOA1 hardcopies received

9/23 - Biometrics Appointment Notices received. Appointment set for 10/14

9/24 - Biometrics walk-in attempt successful

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.