24 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
My wife & I put the following together for our interview

Original Marriage license

Receipts for wedding rings

Airline stubs & Visa Stamps of visits between USA & Japan

Joint Filed IRS Tax returns for previous 2 tax years

Joint utility Bills ( gas, Electric & cell phone) my phone company or bank wouldn't add her on w/out SSN :angry:

Birthday, Anniversary, & Holiday cards,

Copies of letters and correspondances with postal stamped envelopes (dating back to 1994)

We printed out 12 sheets of photos

-Photos of us before, during and after the birth of our beautiful daughter (L)

-we included a couple group photos of our wedding although it was small and intimate. We did not have a much of a wedding, our wedding was at the Santa Barbara Court House with a small group of friends and family,

-Photos of our Honey moon -

-Photos with her & my extended family

-Photos with us & her extended family

-Photos of us with my College room mate

-Photos of us traveling around japan, Ca. & Australia

We both wrote letters of our relationship, detailing How, when We met and what led to our marriage.

the letters we will also use to put in a new scrap book we created for our whole AOS/ process :)

Oh yeah and we are bringing our daughter to the interview :) if that is not sufficent evidence I don't know what is.

This is a very good list!

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi Guys,

So the interview is coming up in two days and to say I'm nervous is an understatement..but anyway...apart from all the copies and originals we have to bring in, I was wondering if anyone knows if we also need to bring in passport photos of ourselves (as it said to bring in copies of everything we sent in to them)..or am I being TOO pedantic??

Any help would be great..

Thanks a million,

LC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We made a CD of about 40 pictures and took it to Walgreens to have them printed as 4 x 6 photos and then put them all in a photo album. Cost about $20 altogether.

They never asked to see it. Same thing with all the documentation I prepared. They didn't ask for any of it except our 2005 joint tax return. I mean NOTHING else at all. All the rest turned out to be a waste of time and energy (what the U.S. government does best, don't you know?).

Edited by elyjack

Filed: Timeline

So..... is someone who is Linguistically Cunning, a Cunninglinguist?

:whistle:

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

you won't need passport photos -- just a note that we provided documents proving our relationship going back years (like a tax bill in both our names from 2 years ago). Officer wasn't interested in that -- only documents from after we were married.

90day.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

So..... is someone who is Linguistically Cunning, a Cunninglinguist?

:whistle:

Actually yes...hehehe...all edumecated up and all..heheh

Thanks for all your suggestions and help...I'm tearing my hair out today...deathly scared we'll forget something at home today as we're heading up to Portland tonight.

I get the feeling, as with a lot of you it seems, we've over prepared with fretting over photos and stuff like that but better that than under-prepared..don't want to annoy them on a technicality...just hope the nerves leave me before we get there tomorrow!!

Let you know how it works out along with the questions we were asked,

Love and hugs,

LC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
We made a CD of about 40 pictures and took it to Walgreens to have them printed as 4 x 6 photos and then put them all in a photo album. Cost about $20 altogether.

They never asked to see it. Same thing with all the documentation I prepared. They didn't ask for any of it except our 2005 joint tax return. I mean NOTHING else at all. All the rest turned out to be a waste of time and energy (what the U.S. government does best, don't you know?).

I disagree as far as the work putting together pictures and support evidence as being a waste of time and energy, I am a bit nestalgic & a romantic so my view on this is different.

The way I see it, is my wife and I are gathering pieces of our relationship Past, and present and putting them together, gathering all the cards, letters, photos and other things that quantify our relationship, we get to walk back through the path to that led us into eachothers hearts & Lives. It is a great project and after the whole AOS process we will have a scrap book of this journey and more importantly a compilation of pieces of our relationship, it has brought us closer.

We have enjoyed gathering all the personal evidence and if USCIS uses it great if not we still have created a beutiful symbol of our relationship to look back to in years to come.

gewelcome-vi.gif

3dflagsdotcom_japan_2faws-vi.gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE:Like you all, I am not an attorney ; I am a layperson (I have laid a lot of persons ) My advice is based on Experience obtained by filing ourselves

AOS met in Japan 1994 married 10/2004

DO:Los Angeles,Ca.

6/17/06 Forms Sent (I-130, I-485, and I-765)

6/19/06 RD I-130,I-485, I-765

6/26/06 NOA rcvd

7/15/06 Biometrics complete Day 22

8/4/06 Interview Notice Rcvd Day 42

9/9/06 EAD Card Received :)Day 78

9/13/06 SS Card Received :)Day 82

9/27/06 AOS Interview Los Angeles APPROVED LPR Day 96

12/04/06 Welcome To the United States Letter received

12/08/06 Green Card Received- expires 12/2016

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I disagree as far as the work putting together pictures and support evidence as being a waste of time and energy, I am a bit nestalgic & a romantic so my view on this is different.

We have enjoyed gathering all the personal evidence and if USCIS uses it great if not we still have created a beutiful symbol of our relationship to look back to in years to come.

Well, perhaps I am a curmudgeon but I can think of more romantic ways to spend a weekend than assembling documentation for the federal gummint.

We're sending the photo album back to the Philippines where my wife is from because we have them all on the computer. That's the beauty of digital cameras. You don't have to carry the damn photo albums around with you for the rest of your life.

As for all the papers I suspect that in the years to come I will feel about as nostalgic about them as I do my income taxes.

• 2 weeks later...
I keep worrying about this proving relationship thing too - I just added James to my cable tv/internet account and am going to see if I can also add him to utilitles. He's also on my lease and we've got plenty of wedding pictures and stuff we could show on cd but since this isn't allowed hopefully when we order our wedding photos soon they will come in quickly in case we have a quick interview (here's hoping for no interview through CSC! :P). Unfortunately the SS office screwed up royally and never assigned his SSN (we applied a long time ago and have never heard back and his K1 has since expired so surely they won't give him one now) so I can't add him to any of my bank accounts. Any health insurance is pending on his EAD and him getting a job that provides insurance since I'm a student and part time worker and don't get health insurance. We have more than enough emails/various pictures/etc and could easily get a letter from my parents or the pastor that married us to certify we are really a valid relationship. I know we only just got our NOA1 and any possible interview is way off but in the event it comes soon would what I have be alright?

My best friend added her husband to all her bank accounts (savings @ BOA, 401K) and to her Health & car insurance before he got his SSN. She explained the situation and they did it.

3/27/06 Got Married - Whopeee!!!!!

4/06/06 Mailed I-130 only (Not ready to mail other documents yet)

4/12/06 NOA1 on I-130

7/20/06 Mailed AOS Package (I-485, I-765, I-864, no medical documents)

7/25/06 I-130 Approved

7/27/06 NOA1

8/15/06 Biometrics

8/21/06 Completed Medical - $250.00 - Yikes!!!!

8/24/06 Received Medical report from Doctor

8/28/06 Mailed RFE to Lees Summit - Medical

9/05/06 Touched (I-485) - Received Medical

9/09/06 Touched (I-485)

9/23/06 Touched (I-130)

9/23/06 Touched (I/765) Approved

9/28/06 Touched (I-765)

10/2/06 Received EAD Card

10/3/06 Touched (1-765)

10/21/06 Received Interview date - 12/06/06

12/04/06 Touched I-485 & I-765

12/06/06 Approved pending name check - bummer!!! - So the AO says

02/03/07 59 days and counting since interview....

02/09/07 Best touch ever!!!! Got welcome notice emails!!!!

02/12/07 Touched (I-485)

02/13/07 Touched (I-485)

02/14/07 Touched & Emails ("We ordered the production of your card...")

02/20/07 Card received in the mail!!!!!! Yay!!!!

Lifting Conditions

12/09/2008 Mailed package

12/18/2008 NOA 1

1/06/2009 Biometrics

1/07/2009 Touched

5/17/2009 Approved!!!!

6/12/2009 Card produced. No status change on the website.

6/20/2009 Received card in the mail

Citizenship (Final Leg)

11/16/2009 Mailed package

11/18/2009 USCIS received package

11/20/2009 NOA1

11/24/2009 Check cashed

01/06/2010 Biometrics

03/01/2010 Interview - Passed!!!

03/26/2010 Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.