36 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I got all excited when I just found an email from USCIS, but it is only informing me that they sent another RFE on Aug 12. I have no idea what is up with this. Has anyone else gotten a second RFE?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm assuming your first RFE was for the IMBRA information.

Your second RFE could be for many reasons. We got one because we sent photocopies of the G-325A, instead of the originals. We had to resend the originals, and we got approved shortly afterwards.

You could have simply forgot to sign something, or neglected to attach a required document.

Good luck for a speedy approval after you submit the required information.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Timeline
Yeah we got a second RFE and they are asking about the proof of meeting. so yeah just send them what they need and you'll be good

Geez ... I sent a half dozen photos, including one of us in front of the Odessa airport with the sign visible in the photo!! Oh well....

Thanks very much!

I got a 2nd RFE requesting photocopies of my entire passport.

Some other folks have received 2 IMBRA RFE's.

Whatever it is, just turn it around as fast as you can.

Timeline
I'm assuming your first RFE was for the IMBRA information.

Your second RFE could be for many reasons. We got one because we sent photocopies of the G-325A, instead of the originals. We had to resend the originals, and we got approved shortly afterwards.

You could have simply forgot to sign something, or neglected to attach a required document.

Good luck for a speedy approval after you submit the required information.

Thanks! I tried very hard to make sure all the i's were dotted and the t's all crossed, and made sure I followed the guidelines here to the letter. Sigh. I will find out when I it arrives in the mail.

LOL!!! I wanted to use a lawyer to avoid this, but she asked that I spend that money on visits and we would do it all ourselves .....

Edit: Duh .. yes, the first was IMBRA

I got a 2nd RFE requesting photocopies of my entire passport.

Some other folks have received 2 IMBRA RFE's.

Whatever it is, just turn it around as fast as you can.

Thanks. Yep, I will turn it around as fast as I can. I guess this means they were looking at my I-129F, and now I go back to the end of the line :angry:

Edited by gearheadgeek

Yeah we got a second RFE and they are asking about the proof of meeting. so yeah just send them what they need and you'll be good

Geez ... I sent a half dozen photos, including one of us in front of the Odessa airport with the sign visible in the photo!! Oh well....

Thanks very much!

What other evidence of meeting within 2 years did you submit? Photos are secondary evidence.

Timeline

Thanks very much!

What other evidence of meeting within 2 years did you submit? Photos are secondary evidence.

Plane tickets, hotel receipt, train tickets, even theater tickets. All the things the VJ guide said to provide.

Thanks very much!

Plane tickets, hotel receipt, train tickets, even theater tickets. All the things the VJ guide said to provide.

Hmmmm, you appear good on the evidence. Must be something else. Let us know, won't you?

Filed: Timeline

Did you include a tip?

Thanks very much!

Hmmmm, you appear good on the evidence. Must be something else. Let us know, won't you?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I saw a case that the person sent IMBRA RFE and got another RFE asking for a copy of the alien fiancee's divorce decree. They sent the second RFE and were approved a few days later. :)

Caroline (Brazil) and Phil (USA)

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

yep...got a second rfe as well...to do with usa birth certificate...good luck on yours (F)

2007 AOS FOR me....Debbie

son...Lance(20)

son...Jason(18)..we lost jay in a head on car crash...oct 4th, 2008

Interview for all 3...03/26

All 3 approved...03/26 ..YEAAAAAAA

all i-485's touched..03/28

rec'd email all ead cards in production..03/29

rec'd email..notice mailed welcoming new perm resident for all 3....03/30

all i485's touched..03831

all ead's touched..03/31

we rec'd all 3 EAD cards...yeha..04/02

rec'd email that all 3 green cards have been ordered..04/04..yeepiekiyaaa!!!

rec'd boys welcome letters...04/05

20 yr olds GREEN CARD COMES!!!!!...he is safe....04/09

rec;d mine and 18yr olds green cards..04/10

good to go until dec of 2008!!!!!!

my son lance joined the vermont national guard..04/25/07

he is leaving for oklahoma for basic training...09/19/07

graduated basic, left for texas to study to become a medic.......12/03/07

he is now a certified medic!!!!......

lifting conditions...dec 26th, 2008 for debbie and son Lance

sent pkg on........ dec 26th, 2008

rec'd sons green card extension.......jan 6th, 2009

check was cashed.............jan 6th, 2008

rec'd son's NOA.........jan 22nd, 2009

rec'd mine and my son's fingerprinting apt...jan 22nd, 2009

fingerprint apts............Febuary 3rd, 2009

touched...both of us...............Feb 4th, 2009

rec'd my extension letter...02/14/2009

re'd our approval letters.....05/15/2009

received our 10 yr cards...06/19/2009

Lance is now deployed to Afghanistan

.png

I guess this means they were looking at my I-129F, and now I go back to the end of the line :angry:

Yes chances are they are looking at your file :thumbs: and this is a positive thing, even though you may not necessarily see that because of this whole IMBRA debarcle. If they are looking for something other then it being one of those 2nd IMBRA RFE's issued erroneously, then, generally once you return such, an approval is not far off. You do not go back to the end of the line.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.