soystar

Journey begins

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

I just submitted my I30 application to Chicago. I also put in the new electronic noitfication letter so that I can stay attuned to any receipt numbers and so forth. Any one know out there after I get my number do I put in the I29F application or do I just wait for approval of VISA?

Thank you and best wishes,

Francisco

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

hey soystar - welcome to VJ !

Before you consider to file that I-129F, in hopes of receiving a K-3 visa - please revivew

Comparison on K-3 vs CR-1 - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/204324-wondering-if-i-made-a-mistake-marrying-in-us/page__view__findpost__p__3060767

K-3 administratively closed - http://www.visajourney.com/news/2010/02/07/department-of-state-to-close-k-3-visas-if-i-129f-and-i-130-petitions-approved-and-received-together/

---

If you were hoping for K-3 because of derivative K-4 visa(s) for children - hei ! file some I-130's on the children next week.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

K3 visa's are not an option any longer. Several of us here at VJ have still sent in I129F aps in hopes of still getting it so far. No such luck.

I-130 Received Date per letter Feb 22, 2010

I-130 NOA1 Notice Date per letter Feb 28, 2010

I-130 Touched March 2, 2010

I-130 Touched March 23, 2010 no e-mail despite e-mail alert on, thankful nonetheless!

Kids Register of Birth Abroad & passport appointment March 31st, 2010 approved.

I-129F NOA1 April 8, 2010 (Let's see what happens with this K3 application) ugh!

I-129F Touched June 15, 2010

I-129F RFE (our atty forgot to complete 2 lines)

I-130 Approved June 23, 2010 121 days from NOA1

I-129F RFE details Received by USCIS July 7, 2010

I-130 Case # at NVC obtained July 8, 2010

I-130 NVC sent affidavit of support and visa bills July 8, 2010

I-129F approved by USCIS and sent to NVC

I-129F confirmed received by NVC and per supervisor, it will be administratively closed

I-129F letter recvd of administratively closed K3 app Aug 2, 2010

Timeline

I just submitted my I30 application to Chicago. I also put in the new electronic noitfication letter so that I can stay attuned to any receipt numbers and so forth. Any one know out there after I get my number do I put in the I29F application or do I just wait for approval of VISA?

Francisco

Timeline

The one thing that I noticed that I was able to talk with a customer service agent without delay and she informed me about my app. I hope that in the future information is forthcoming as I think it is very professional. Although I have my doubts about the 129 application, I will consult with an attorney prior to making any moves.

Thanks for your help!

Do a free consult with an attorney, if possible. A number of people on here have had less than stellar results with a lawyer. If you have no contra-indications with your case, you can go with the advice on this site. Especially that from Darnell.

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

aila.org has immigration atty referalls, and they often do a free consultation. I paid $250 for a consulation with one atty and found that I honestly knew more about many of the issues than she did. After that fiasco, I found an atty through aila.org

I-130 Received Date per letter Feb 22, 2010

I-130 NOA1 Notice Date per letter Feb 28, 2010

I-130 Touched March 2, 2010

I-130 Touched March 23, 2010 no e-mail despite e-mail alert on, thankful nonetheless!

Kids Register of Birth Abroad & passport appointment March 31st, 2010 approved.

I-129F NOA1 April 8, 2010 (Let's see what happens with this K3 application) ugh!

I-129F Touched June 15, 2010

I-129F RFE (our atty forgot to complete 2 lines)

I-130 Approved June 23, 2010 121 days from NOA1

I-129F RFE details Received by USCIS July 7, 2010

I-130 Case # at NVC obtained July 8, 2010

I-130 NVC sent affidavit of support and visa bills July 8, 2010

I-129F approved by USCIS and sent to NVC

I-129F confirmed received by NVC and per supervisor, it will be administratively closed

I-129F letter recvd of administratively closed K3 app Aug 2, 2010

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Francisco

Do yourself a favor man and don't apply for K-3 (I-129F). It will only slow down your I-130 processing. Just sit tight and the I-130 will get approved faster. The K-3 is meaningless now, since both I-130 and I-129F get processed at the same time, and the NVC closes the K-3 application.

Compare the processing times for IR-1 vs K-3 here on VJ, if you don't believe me. I-130 gets processed much faster when there is no I-129F. Wish I had done my research before I blindly "followed process" and sent in the I-129F for my wife :bonk:

Timeline

Do yourself a favor man and don't apply for K-3 (I-129F). It will only slow down your I-130 processing. Just sit tight and the I-130 will get approved faster. The K-3 is meaningless now, since both I-130 and I-129F get processed at the same time, and the NVC closes the K-3 application.

Compare the processing times for IR-1 vs K-3 here on VJ, if you don't believe me. I-130 gets processed much faster when there is no I-129F. Wish I had done my research before I blindly "followed process" and sent in the I-129F for my wife :bonk:

Okay thanks, I needed to hear this.

Timeline

Francisco

Francisco

8/9/10 I-30 package delivered to Chicago Lock box by express mail and return receipt also returned.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Don't feel bad my attorney filed i-130 on the 2/13/10. Then he filed the i129f after that. I have not heard anything since feb 24, noa1. Hmmmmm....I am wondering what will happen to the I-129 and what phone number can I call to see what's going on.

Edited by Shenzhen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Don't feel bad my attorney filed i-130 on the 2/13/10. Then he filed the i129f after that. I have not heard anything since feb 24, noa1. Hmmmmm....I am wondering what will happen to the I-129 and what phone number can I call to see what's going on.

Ok, two things:

1. Please add your I-129F info to your timeline. More datapoints help all of us.

2. It's been more than five months since your NOA1. You can call the USCIS (1-800-375-5283) to inquire about your case if it is not processed within their normal processing times (5 months for both I-130 and I-129F). That should kick the system enough to bring your application to the front of the line ... hopefully (I mean we ARE dealing with the USCIS after all :no: )

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Francisco

Francisco,

As other members have said, the K3 is no longer being processed, not because it's no longer available but because they never receive the approved I-129F before the I-130. The NVC usually gets the I-130 first or both and either case results in a CR1/IR1 visa. With that said, even if the K3 was still available, it would've taken you almost the same amount of time as the CR1/IR1.

Also, a realistic date for your wife to be here in the US would be around February or March. Depending on the service center that processes your I-130, the approval can take anywhere between 3-6 months and the processing at the National Visa Center can take 1-3 months at best. On top of that you need to add the extra month or two needed for the embassy to receive your case and for your wife to get her medical and lab tests done.

Please visit the Colombian Club thread we have in the US Embassy forum for more info if you need it.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline

Francisco,

As other members have said, the K3 is no longer being processed, not because it's no longer available but because they never receive the approved I-129F before the I-130. The NVC usually gets the I-130 first or both and either case results in a CR1/IR1 visa. With that said, even if the K3 was still available, it would've taken you almost the same amount of time as the CR1/IR1.

Also, a realistic date for your wife to be here in the US would be around February or March. Depending on the service center that processes your I-130, the approval can take anywhere between 3-6 months and the processing at the National Visa Center can take 1-3 months at best. On top of that you need to add the extra month or two needed for the embassy to receive your case and for your wife to get her medical and lab tests done.

Please visit the Colombian Club thread we have in the US Embassy forum for more info if you need it.

Diana

Thanks I will take you up on that offer perhaps, lady luck is with me. I will keep the faith until whenever comes.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.