RightClicK

7 months left and need to take a decision

43 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

hey guys

i have filled i-129f and i-130 for k3 visa , since 7 months now and i haven't got any decision on any of the forms and that's really driving me and my wife nuts , after the 5 months were up we sent a request through USCIS to check whats going on with the case and they said that the actual time is 6 months so we need to wait another one , the 6 months were up and nothing new so we sent another request and their respond was we should wait 45 days since the 5 month were up and after the 45 were up and nothing new we sent another one and asked our lazy lawyer to send one too , they responded to us and said that we should receive the NOA2 in 120 days and told our lawyer that we should wait 180 days , .....i feel that they are playing head games with us or just like to give us a hard time or whatever, so i will contact the congress man inshallah and see what he is going to do , i called the USCIS and asked them if i can change my case to cr1 and they told me that i can cancel the i-129f and change it to cr1 but that wouldn't be wise because if any of the forms got denied the other will get through so i have 2 chances now instead of 1 , so what do you think guys...cancel the i-129f or leave it as it is ? .... and another question i would like to apply for a tourism visa but iam worried that i might get denied and then that would be a red flag in the k3 interview? ..so would that be a red flag or its ok ?

Would appreciate any advice and thanks alot in advance

Beautiful patience.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Your I-129F will be administratively closed as soon as it gets to NVC so cancelling it now is, although an option, unnecessary. All I-129F's are closed now at NVC with an approved I-130 so the Cr-1 WILL be your visa.

You can apply for a tourist visa, a denial will not impact your CR-1 application

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Timeline

Your I-129F will be administratively closed as soon as it gets to NVC so cancelling it now is, although an option, unnecessary. All I-129F's are closed now at NVC with an approved I-130 so the Cr-1 WILL be your visa.

You can apply for a tourist visa, a denial will not impact your CR-1 application

Good luck

Thanks for responding

but they have told me that if they both arrived the nvc at the same time its gonna be k3 not cr1 .

so is that right or they are just some idiot representatives saying anything ?

Thanks canadian_wife

Beautiful patience.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

A lot of the people answering the line are not well trained . Most answers you get here are from people that are in the same boat as you are and are using the data we create on here to help each other. Usually I would believe VJ over the help number and about half the time VJ over unknown immigration lawyers. Since the first of the year huge numbers of K3 ( I129f) petitions have been closed at NVC.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

"They" told you wrong

Per the travel.state.gov website

Important Notice: Effective February 1st, 2010, when both the I-129F petition for a nonimmigrant K visa and the I-130 petition for an IR-1 (or CR-1) spouse of a U.S. citizen visa have been approved by USCIS and sent to the National Visa Center (NVC), the availability as well as the need for a nonimmigrant K-3 visa ends. If the NVC receives both petitions:

The nonimmigrant K visa will be administratively closed.

The application process explained below will not be applicable and cannot be used.

The NVC will contact the petitioner and you with instructions for processing your IR-1 (or CR-1) immigrant visa. For more information on the immigrant visa process review the Immigrant Visa for a Spouse webpage.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2993.html

USCIS
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011

Citizenship

Waited...

Timeline

"They" told you wrong

Per the travel.state.gov website

Important Notice: Effective February 1st, 2010, when both the I-129F petition for a nonimmigrant K visa and the I-130 petition for an IR-1 (or CR-1) spouse of a U.S. citizen visa have been approved by USCIS and sent to the National Visa Center (NVC), the availability as well as the need for a nonimmigrant K-3 visa ends. If the NVC receives both petitions:

The nonimmigrant K visa will be administratively closed.

The application process explained below will not be applicable and cannot be used.

The NVC will contact the petitioner and you with instructions for processing your IR-1 (or CR-1) immigrant visa. For more information on the immigrant visa process review the Immigrant Visa for a Spouse webpage.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2993.html

i belive you , but what if the i-129f got approved first and sent to the NVC ? ...OR it can't be sent alone ?

sorry for my sucks english ..:P

Beautiful patience.

Timeline

A lot of the people answering the line are not well trained . Most answers you get here are from people that are in the same boat as you are and are using the data we create on here to help each other. Usually I would believe VJ over the help number and about half the time VJ over unknown immigration lawyers. Since the first of the year huge numbers of K3 ( I129f) petitions have been closed at NVC.

i know that they are sucha some idiots , i was calling once and they wouldn't let me ask about anything also they were letting me before , anyways my wife got mad and called em and said why don't u let my husband get information about HIS case , they said its rules and stuff, then she asked him a sucks question ...how would he know if god stricked me dead today???....he was like ..ummm ummmm ...let me check :D :D

Beautiful patience.

Timeline

If the NVC does not receive your I-130 petition and I-129F at the same time, the NVC will process your I-129F petition. Then NVC will send the petition to the embassy or consulate in the country where the marriage took place

see...thats the other chance iam talking about , if the i-130 didn't get approved or been soo late then the i-129f can get through alone .and thats what driving me nuts because cr1 is away better than k3 but k3 have 2 chances for me atm

Beautiful patience.

Timeline

I am not sure why this topic is posted in the K-1 fiance(e) visa forum... moving thread

its the first time to make a topic and am sorry for putting it in the wrong place.move it because i don't know how.

Beautiful patience.

Timeline

This has not been the case in over 2 years. They have always been approved together or the I-130 first

Good luck

i belive you , but what if the i-129f got approved first and sent to the NVC ? ...OR it can't be sent alone ?

sorry for my sucks english ..:P

USCIS
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011

Citizenship

Waited...

Timeline

This has not been the case in over 2 years. They have always been approved together or the I-130 first

Good luck

i hope its gonna be cr1 anyways ..iam just terrified of how long its taking and i feel like its not gonna end ,i dun really know what to do ..its taking too long ..and my lawyer is telling me that he can't do anything until there is a decision made..i swear i feel that my lawyer is the one whom is making it late for whatever reason..if there is anything i can do please tell me about it .iam going nuts.

Beautiful patience.

i hope its gonna be cr1 anyways ..iam just terrified of how long its taking and i feel like its not gonna end ,i dun really know what to do ..its taking too long ..and my lawyer is telling me that he can't do anything until there is a decision made..i swear i feel that my lawyer is the one whom is making it late for whatever reason..if there is anything i can do please tell me about it .iam going nuts.

My guess would be is that ur case going through additional background name check. Give it a little more time and the decision will be made on your case. Your lawyer really can't do anything. Contact your congressman, but then you will get a reply something like your case with FBI or something. There is nothing really they can do at this point as well. Just be a little more patience, even though I know it is really hard. Went through all this myself.

Good luck.

Edited by azer_2000

Timeline:

07/05/2006. Married in Anniston, AL, USA

I-130

02/06/2008. Mailed I-130 to Chicago Lockbox

02/08/2008. I-130 delivered to Chicago Lockbox. Signed by V BUSTAMANTE

02/20/2008. I-130 NOA1 date. Vermont Service Center

08/26/2008. Touched. (I-130 transferred to California Service Center)

08/27/2008. Touched.

08/28/2008. Touched. (This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred)

08/29/2008. Touched.

09/26/2008. Touched.

09/27/2008. Touched.

10/16/2008. Touched.

10/17/2008. Touched.

11/12/2008. Touched.(Senator inquired on case status. Case with FBI. Was told not to inquire again for 90 days)

11/13/2008. Touched.

11/26/2008. Touched.

02/18/2009. Touched.(Senator inquired on case status again. Case still with FBI. Was told not to inquire for another 180 days)

02/24/2009. Touched.

03/10/2009. Received letter from USCIS requesting evidence to prove citizenship.

04/04/2009. Approved!! Received letter. Case status online didn't change.

NVC:

04/17/2009. Case number received.

04/22/2009. DS-3032 and AOS bill generated.

04/28/2009. Emailed DS-3032

05/04/2009. Paid AOS bill online.

05/07/2009. DS-3032 accepted.

06/23/2009. AOS mailed received by NVC on 06/26/2009

06/25/2009. Mailed DS-230 package form Azerbaijan received by NVC on 06/30/2009

07/09/2009. False RFE (ds-230 wasn't in the system yet)

07/14/2009. Case Completed!!!

07/30/2009. Got the interview date.

08/27/2009. Medical Passed.

09/29/2009. Interview Passed.

09/30/2009. Visa issued.

10/25/2009. POE Atlanta, Georgia

11/07/2009. 10 year Green Card received!!!!

Timeline

My guess would be is that ur case going through additional background name check. Give it a little more time and the decision will be made on your case. Your lawyer really can't do anything. Contact your congressman, but then you will get a reply something like your case with FBI or something. There is nothing really they can do at this point as well. Just be a little more patience, even though I know it is really hard. Went through all this myself.

Good luck.

Yes they are saying that its the background check and then they will make a decision ..i finally found someone like me ..i felt that iam the only one with a late case but i should really be thankful comparing to you :P...you took more than year to receive the approval..and ohhh btw ...they keep touching my case alot like they did to you ..they touched it more than 9 times and still initial review :S...inshallah it will pass and will get the approval soon ..you really appeased me ..thanks alot

Beautiful patience.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Yes they are saying that its the background check and then they will make a decision ..i finally found someone like me ..i felt that iam the only one with a late case but i should really be thankful comparing to you :P...you took more than year to receive the approval..and ohhh btw ...they keep touching my case alot like they did to you ..they touched it more than 9 times and still initial review :S...inshallah it will pass and will get the approval soon ..you really appeased me ..thanks alot

You can add me to your waiting in Limbo I filed my Case Feb 13, 2010 noa1 Feb 24, 2010 my case has not even been touched yet. Don't feel bad it's not your lawyer it's the sytem and they get so many applications a day it's incredible. I don't know if anyone told you to expect it to be at least a year for approval. Some have even waited longer. It's waiting game. I feel they do it to test to see if your marriage is legitmate. If it's not they are hoping everyone gives up. Just my opinion. BTW my attorney also filed both ways. Just keep us posted on any developments.

Edited by Shenzhen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.