MRStee

Yardie Party!!! Come as you are - Part 1

3,253 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello Sugarapple! So im not the only one with a class clown. Im going through same thing with my 2nd grade knucklehead. Teacher called me today b/c he failed to wait until hes called on. Because he knows the material and teacher selects someone else, he tends to get upset or so it appears and calls out the answer. Im beginning to be at my wits end with him b/c he keeps doing this like every other day.Plus he has a tendency to "make kids laugh at inappropriate times." Very bright child but a handsome class clown!

To be honest, hes been somewhat grounded since school started. NO tv during the week. After homework i make him read books and do book reports as well as additional work. I cant bother with the spankings as much. I do it but his father and i said take away things he enjoys, put him in corner to look at wall while hands above head and or holding a book out in front of him. He seemed to cry more while doing this as opposed to a spanking.

I already reassured him that i shall not buy a blasted thing this holiday!!! His only gift is the trip to Jamaica. That to me is even to big a gift. But at his age, i know he would love that new game for the Wii. Well not this year. Im tired of the

talking!

Hopefully my sons actions is a horrible phase!!! Best of luck. And your little guy probably just needs assistance with those subjects. Good job in math and science though at his age.

Girl I need to try what u are doing and give him additional workin the afternoon. He can get a A's he busy helping the other children next to him and not doing his work. Extra assistance is not what he needs pay attention in class cause you already knows the work. The teaher say that he is so bright when she ask questions he answers them right but when it come time to do the test. He looks around crack jokes. play with his pencil. AWWWWWW it had a day I had to go over to the school for him. He drives me crazy. anytime I make him correct his work when his teacher give him a second chance he gets it right, so what the hell happened. Well he is grounded. I will make do the reading part and do little book reports for me in the afternoon. Thanks for that tip.

Awesome.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

MsTee, seems like trouble is in twos on VJ..me and Kelly lost our jobs like the same day....

But I would JUMP at your offer!

Thanks, I need to hear this imput. Honestly, I really think I am taking it.

Timeline

Hello Sugarapple! So im not the only one with a class clown. Im going through same thing with my 2nd grade knucklehead. Teacher called me today b/c he failed to wait until hes called on. Because he knows the material and teacher selects someone else, he tends to get upset or so it appears and calls out the answer. Im beginning to be at my wits end with him b/c he keeps doing this like every other day.Plus he has a tendency to "make kids laugh at inappropriate times." Very bright child but a handsome class clown!

To be honest, hes been somewhat grounded since school started. NO tv during the week. After homework i make him read books and do book reports as well as additional work. I cant bother with the spankings as much. I do it but his father and i said take away things he enjoys, put him in corner to look at wall while hands above head and or holding a book out in front of him. He seemed to cry more while doing this as opposed to a spanking.

I already reassured him that i shall not buy a blasted thing this holiday!!! His only gift is the trip to Jamaica. That to me is even to big a gift. But at his age, i know he would love that new game for the Wii. Well not this year. Im tired of the

talking!

Hopefully my sons actions is a horrible phase!!! Best of luck. And your little guy probably just needs assistance with those subjects. Good job in math and science though at his age.

The teacher needs to find a way to help him overcome the calling out. Maybe she needs to find a different way to see if the kids know the answers to the questions....

Timeline

Girl I need to try what u are doing and give him additional workin the afternoon. He can get a A's he busy helping the other children next to him and not doing his work. Extra assistance is not what he needs pay attention in class cause you already knows the work. The teaher say that he is so bright when she ask questions he answers them right but when it come time to do the test. He looks around crack jokes. play with his pencil. AWWWWWW it had a day I had to go over to the school for him. He drives me crazy. anytime I make him correct his work when his teacher give him a second chance he gets it right, so what the hell happened. Well he is grounded. I will make do the reading part and do little book reports for me in the afternoon. Thanks for that tip.

Awesome.

Again, its the teachers job to find a way to make it so he doesn't have the ability to clown around. It's all in the way you group the students and how you present the work to them. For example, in one class we were taught that if you have a group of 4 kids working together, you put an advanced child with a average learner child and two "mommy" girls lol "Mommy" girls are the ones that act like their mother and keep them on task....

Kjenkins your making me laugh over here. Well i am energetic so i better get with the program and start the head top business again. What you say, dash it pon him without warning wen him asleep?!

Remember i have a child already so "I KNOW ITS NOT ME." Let me stop b/c i cant stand to hear some people say that. As ive been saying in due time. In the meantime i will be enjoying the rides.

Make him drink that guiness mixture stuff, okra, beet roots, carrots, irish moss.. ya know that build ya back drink! lol

Timeline

Kjenkins your making me laugh over here. Well i am energetic so i better get with the program and start the head top business again. What you say, dash it pon him without warning wen him asleep?!

Remember i have a child already so "I KNOW ITS NOT ME." Let me stop b/c i cant stand to hear some people say that. As ive been saying in due time. In the meantime i will be enjoying the rides.

Enjoy away. hubby telling me he wants another child since JoJo his his only one, tell me that JoJo needs a sister. Mi tell him JoJo have two older brother( my sons ) and he his not lonely. Hmmmpppp he must be mad. I want some time with my hubby right now these damn children driving me mad. lol but I do love them dearly and when them gone I wonder what they doing. lmao

Timeline

I meant 4-1/2 weeks, if I don't we don't know what happens.. I have a feeling they are selling the company or merging it. There is no guarantee they will keep all of us or some of us...:unsure:

I agree!

Thank you C I need to hear this

From what you posted his strongest points are math and science. It is usually like that if they favor math over english/reading.. however.. I feel as though you should ground his lil rass so he gets the point....when he improves then allow the sleepover so he sees you mean business!

Tee 4 1/2 weeks for 22 years of service, that sounds rough, but I agree with Lady C you might be able to focus on school more. I know you will make the best decision.

Timeline

Not all teachers knows how to deal with children. It is hard, especially when the teacher herself dont have much recommendation for the parents. AWWWW it makes me want to scream. I have to be on that child so much.. he will behave good this week get a star and then next week he would not shut the hell up!!! and when u talking to him he gives me this look that makes me want to slap the ###### out of him. It is the same look his father my ex use to give me when I caught him doing his dirt, and he look just like him. hmmmmpppp Tee i cant wait until they big, like yours. lol

Timeline

Tee 4 1/2 weeks for 22 years of service, that sounds rough, but I agree with Lady C you might be able to focus on school more. I know you will make the best decision.

but 100% paid medical for 2 years.... I would have had to quit next year. So I either leave with the 4 1/2 weeks + 5 weeks vacation + 2 years 100% medical paid OR I leave with nothing and a chance to go on unemployment IF they lay us off..... or leave with nothing if I quit.

Not all teachers knows how to deal with children. It is hard, especially when the teacher herself dont have much recommendation for the parents. AWWWW it makes me want to scream. I have to be on that child so much.. he will behave good this week get a star and then next week he would not shut the hell up!!! and when u talking to him he gives me this look that makes me want to slap the ###### out of him. It is the same look his father my ex use to give me when I caught him doing his dirt, and he look just like him. hmmmmpppp Tee i cant wait until they big, like yours. lol

Lol girl it doesn't get any easier.. teenage drama aint no joke. I just wanna slap all the kids from ages 12 to 30 LOL

Timeline

Hey All,

Just passing through to say hi

AOS

2/14/10- Married My Best Friend

3/15/10- Sent Off Check and AOS DOCs Express Mail

3/29/10 received Biometrics appointment letter for 4/20/10 will walk in on 3/31/10

5/28/10-Advance Parole Received

6/5/10-EAD Received

6/26/10-Greencard received

JmW0m4.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

but 100% paid medical for 2 years.... I would have had to quit next year. So I either leave with the 4 1/2 weeks + 5 weeks vacation + 2 years 100% medical paid OR I leave with nothing and a chance to go on unemployment IF they lay us off..... or leave with nothing if I quit.

That paid medical is HUGE - especially if it covers your family as well. Plus, just because you take the package doesn't mean that you are ineligible for unemployment - Honestly, if you can afford to do it, I think I would take it - start looking for another job, or do temp work for now, focus on school, and then find a teaching job - You can easily temp and work when you want to work if your medical is paid. Realistically, you could walk out the door of your job, into a temp job the next day, and sock that 9 1/2 weeks of pay into the bank.

Honestly - the fact that you have a child already means NOTHING - things change as people age / bodies change, etc.. = stress can effect fertility, illness, LOTS and lots of factors -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok ladies tell me if I being to hard on my little crumbsnatcher. his progress report

Reading 75

English 79

Math 90

Science 95

Health Satisfactory

Social Studies Satisfactory

Spelling 92

Handwriting Satisfactory

What I am pissed abt is the to 70s because he plays to damn much and the teacher he self hot with him saying that he can get all A if only stop being a class clown.

I got the report at the same time I had 10 invites for him to have a sleep over. for his birthday on Oct 22. Should I change my mind so that he sees I am not playing.

i mean right now he ground no TV until report card.

Oh in 2nd grade.

talking!

Wow MoLuvsAcory sounds like you were writing for me. Add me to the 2nd grader problem list with my daughter. I have the exact same situation and have tried the exact same techniques. I am also pretty much done with the spankings. I agree the book holding (usually an encyclopedia or dictionary) is working much better and getting results because she hates it. I also do the no TV or wii during the week. I do see improvements but I also have come to the conclusion that reading is just her trouble area so she may be acting up because it’s a difficult subject for her. She aces math and all the others just not reading. I just try to work with her and remind myself to be extra patient while helping her to stay focus and making it more fun.

Sugarapple maybe your son is similarly finding this a trouble area since he does so well in the other subjects… way to go on all the As. Playing around is sometimes a way to mask that they are not grasping the work. I wouldn’t take away the party because he did well otherwise. But I would let him know that his gifts will only consist of books or something of a learning nature.

Morning/Afternoon Everyone!

"My one oasis in the dust and drouth. Of city life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn`t lead anywhere."

Filed: Timeline

What's up people...Mrstee I'm stalking you --

Mo -- my son when he was in Kindergarten (did I spell that right) looks funny...anyway, he was always calling out, and it was a constsant problem, so we had a meeting with the teacher and the teachers coordinators. My son told them that the other kids took too long to answer the questions and that's why he was doing that. I had to explain to him that he has to let other people have a turn at answering questions so that they will all learn. It took him a while, but after a few months he was okay. He's in the 2nd grade now and while he's not 100% he is getting there. I don't play. I've been reading to him before he could sit up on his own and trust me that goes a long way -- he's proof that they do remember things. They use a colour system at his school for behavior. He better not come home with a RED or and ORANGE...yellow, he gets something taken away from him and I don't hide it I put it where he can see it and I DARE him to touch it. So, far so good, he has all GREEN since the start of the school year. I told him school is for learning not for clowning around and playing games. You can do that on the weekends. I'm blessed because he likes to come home and tell me what he's learned for the day and he likes to read to me. Sometimes I forget he's only in the 2nd grade. I keep thinking he's older.

Sugapple those grades are not bad at all. I help my friends that are teachers with some of their admin work and those grades are high compare to what I've seen. My son always scores high in reading and he always has, but for some reason he doesn't care too much for math so I go online and find games that help him with that....he does well on his other subjects as well, just math is not his favorite. Teacher told me not to worry as long as he doesn't fall below the average line.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Hey All,

Just passing through to say hi

Hey fbb how are you? LOL

That paid medical is HUGE - especially if it covers your family as well. Plus, just because you take the package doesn't mean that you are ineligible for unemployment - Honestly, if you can afford to do it, I think I would take it - start looking for another job, or do temp work for now, focus on school, and then find a teaching job - You can easily temp and work when you want to work if your medical is paid. Realistically, you could walk out the door of your job, into a temp job the next day, and sock that 9 1/2 weeks of pay into the bank.

Honestly - the fact that you have a child already means NOTHING - things change as people age / bodies change, etc.. = stress can effect fertility, illness, LOTS and lots of factors -

Sus.. I was waiting on a response from you!!!! You give good clarification..... thank you. I believe Im going...:thumbs:

Timeline

What's up people...Mrstee I'm stalking you --

Mo -- my son when he was in Kindergarten (did I spell that right) looks funny...anyway, he was always calling out, and it was a constsant problem, so we had a meeting with the teacher and the teachers coordinators. My son told them that the other kids took too long to answer the questions and that's why he was doing that. I had to explain to him that he has to let other people have a turn at answering questions so that they will all learn. It took him a while, but after a few months he was okay. He's in the 2nd grade now and while he's not 100% he is getting there. I don't play. I've been reading to him before he could sit up on his own and trust me that goes a long way -- he's proof that they do remember things. They use a colour system at his school for behavior. He better not come home with a RED or and ORANGE...yellow, he gets something taken away from him and I don't hide it I put it where he can see it and I DARE him to touch it. So, far so good, he has all GREEN since the start of the school year. I told him school is for learning not for clowning around and playing games. You can do that on the weekends. I'm blessed because he likes to come home and tell me what he's learned for the day and he likes to read to me. Sometimes I forget he's only in the 2nd grade. I keep thinking he's older.

Sugapple those grades are not bad at all. I help my friends that are teachers with some of their admin work and those grades are high compare to what I've seen. My son always scores high in reading and he always has, but for some reason he doesn't care too much for math so I go online and find games that help him with that....he does well on his other subjects as well, just math is not his favorite. Teacher told me not to worry as long as he doesn't fall below the average line.

Tre LOL...

That is good that you go online and find games for him :thumbs:

Oh and sus, my family isn't on my medical but if they were, they would cover them too. So its a good deal.. I just have a hard time with change sometimes but imma do what I have to do!

Filed: Timeline

I'm so damn hungry I'm about to eat my EYELASHES I'm sitting here day dreaming

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.