MRStee

Yardie Party!!! Come as you are - Part 1

3,253 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Aww Krystle Im sorry to hear this, but YOU are going to get through this and be okay too! Wow...(((((((hugs))))))))(L)

Tee!!

I'm at work and I just wanna cry, I would be devastated but what is to be will be...

P.S. love the new position where I'm in front of a computer ALL day. Y'all gonna get me fired, I came in at 8 and ain't do nothing but ONE observation, facebook and VJ :rofl:

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Yes, Imanni has had a lot of good times in JA :D

But I have not talked to him about it yet, and I probably won't for some time... there is much to do before we are ready.

I don't think kids process time so easy, and if I tell him now he will think we are moving tomorrow.

I think it better to get things ready, and bring him to visit the home this spring.

Show him his bedroom, and tell him then, so it's something tangible to him.

What does his dad say about you going???

I was SO blessed my son's dad let me take him here.....I cannot for a solitary second imagine my husband letting me go even out of STATE with the youngest...

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:yes::yes::yes:

But I think down syndrom is easier to swallow than mental retardation, kiss teeth, no it aint, it's the same thing! But I feel horrible that I can be the one to pass it down to him/her...

Then the worry goes on to future pregnancies :(

JaPrincess :yes:

Ok I feel really stupid but that was really a wonderful thing that you have done.

CR-1 Visa

California Service Center

Consulate : Jamaica

Marriage (if applicable):

2010-11-03

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-11-09

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-130 Approved : 2011-03-30

NVC Received : 2011-04-08

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2011-04-18

Pay I-864 Bill 2011-04-18

Receive I-864 Package : 2011-04-19

Return Completed I-864 : 2011-04-20

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2011-04-19

Receive IV Bill : 2011-04-29

Pay IV Bill : 2011-05-02

Receive Instruction Package : 2011-06-03

Case Completed at NVC : 2011-04-22

NVC Left : 2011-04-22

Consulate Received : 2011-04-25

Packet 3 Received : 2011-04-29

Packet 3 Sent : 2011-05-04

Packet 4 Received : 2011-05-05

Interview Date : 2011-06-03

Interview Result :

Second Interview

(If Required): 2011-06-21

Second Interview Result: Approved

Visa Received : 2011-06-22

US Entry : 2011-07-04

Timeline

You would be surprised at most of the children who are labeled with disabilities... Very intelligent. My son is bipolar and smart as a dayum whip. We are in competition with using big words correctly in sentences. We discovered when he was younger that part of his anger with me is because he feels as though Im smarter than him. I am his biggest competitor. I told him Im only smarter because Im older..... He is a mess! LOL

You know it was the other day that I was thinking to myself and trying to remember who it wa that said something in regards to being a parent and you flipped on the person and said they can judge when they have had experience raising a child who is bipolar I could be wrong or imagining things but it rung a bell when you said that.

That isn't just a disablity or learning disorder, it's mpre than that me. All I'm picturing is my child being 3 and ready to go on to preschool but instead, has the mentality of a 1 yr old, being a teenager and having the mentality of a 6 yr old...

But your story made me smile though.

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

Timeline

You know it was the other day that I was thinking to myself and trying to remember who it wa that said something in regards to being a parent and you flipped on the person and said they can judge when they have had experience raising a child who is bipolar I could be wrong or imagining things but it rung a bell when you said that.

That isn't just a disablity or learning disorder, it's mpre than that me. All I'm picturing is my child being 3 and ready to go on to preschool but instead, has the mentality of a 1 yr old, being a teenager and having the mentality of a 6 yr old...

But your story made me smile though.

Yes it was me. I can understand where you are coming from but you have to just give your child love love love! Im glad I could make you smile :) I will still offer my babysitting services :yes:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I completely get where you are coming from KJ - but honestly, the first battle to overcome is thinking that way - A child with a disability is not disabled - they have a different way of accomplishing things. There are so many riches in their lives that do not exist in ours, and different views of their abilities will bring great joy. I worked for a long time with the mentally retarded and autistic, and they have so many gifts - Children with downs are also born with an overwhelming capacity for love and happiness and joy -

My cousin is mentally retarded - he and his girl friend were the first MR homeowners in our state - they both live in their condo, work in the community, take more vacations than any of us, and have a great life - They have staff that pops in a few hours a week to help them with menu planning / bill paying / shopping, but that's it.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Yes it was me. I can understand where you are coming from but you have to just give your child love love love! Im glad I could make you smile :)I will still offer my babysitting services :yes:

:rofl::rofl:

Thanks for the laugh Tee!

I completely get where you are coming from KJ - but honestly, the first battle to overcome is thinking that way - A child with a disability is not disabled - they have a different way of accomplishing things. There are so many riches in their lives that do not exist in ours, and different views of their abilities will bring great joy. I worked for a long time with the mentally retarded and autistic, and they have so many gifts - Children with downs are also born with an overwhelming capacity for love and happiness and joy -

My cousin is mentally retarded - he and his girl friend were the first MR homeowners in our state - they both live in their condo, work in the community, take more vacations than any of us, and have a great life - They have staff that pops in a few hours a week to help them with menu planning / bill paying / shopping, but that's it.

Sigh, thanks for the encouragement. Its just very hard to swallow...

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Aww Krystle Im sorry to hear this, but YOU are going to get through this and be okay too! Wow...(((((((hugs))))))))(L)

Sugar, just make room for me when mi come visit! I will even babysit so you and hubby can go out :)

LMAO, I ready whenever you ready remember now I three boys age 7,5,2. and Lord knows me and hubby needs a night out on the town. The other night we tried to do a date night saying that we will do movies and then dinner HA!!! Jokes we was so tired after movies we went home and slept. Laughing at myself sccchuuppps hot mess we were.

Timeline

Morning VJ Family (F)

I think sometimes we understand each other better than our own family could.

This process takes everything out of you. It tests your patience, your nerves, your trust and your faith. Without having been tested like this, how could someone ever really understand what it feels like...? I am sure that is why this place is so valuable to each of us, because we can come here when we are feeling weak and defeated and have a sounding board of people who truly understand!

When jamerican told me that her co-sponsor backed out at the last minute I was VEXED! I mean, okay, it's a big responsibility, and if you don't understand the immigration process, it can be daunting... but if you don't feel comfortable, tell me you're not comfortable... right? Don't wait till a week before my life is on the line to tell me you're backing out :angry:

So all that week I glanced at the stack of papers I had prepared to file our CR1, and every time I looked at those tax transcripts I thought of jamerican. :( Knowing my husband and I have no chance of getting through the embassy, and having all these papers just sitting there... papers that would give someone that chance... I told myself that if she could not get a co-sponsor, that I would talk to my husband about helping her...

When I got the news that Michael had been turned away, all I could do was remember what it felt like... to wait months and months for that interview day, and to leave disappointed, deflated, and wondering if it will ever happen :( For us, there was nothing anyone could do, but for jamerican there was :yes: How could I possibly look the other way??? :no:

So I called Astley, and I tell him the situation, and I tell him that I want to help her. Of course he agree we should help. He knows all too well what it feels like to be turned away at that embassy in Kingston :(

Jamerican, when Michael called me that night to thank me and tell me he would not let me down, I told him all I care about is that he does not let YOU down. Love each other, with all your talents and your flaws, do your best every day to lift each other up and not tear each other down. It's as simple and as hard as that.

God bless (F)

Timeline

What does his dad say about you going???

This is my biggest obstacle, and I still am not sure how I will overcome it...

The man is a father at his convenience, he comes and goes at will, and does not pay child support.

He moved across the US and let a year and a half go by without seeing his son, but now he is back in Cali...

Right now, I don't know how, or if, I will get his permission :unsure:

At this point he thinks we are still waiting on the immigration process and I am leaving it that way, and giving it to God...

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning VJ Family (F)

This process takes everything out of you. It tests your patience, your nerves, your trust and your faith. Without having been tested like this, how could someone ever really understand what it feels like...? I am sure that is why this place is so valuable to each of us, because we can come here when we are feeling weak and defeated and have a sounding board of people who truly understand!

When jamerican told me that her co-sponsor backed out at the last minute I was VEXED! I mean, okay, it's a big responsibility, and if you don't understand the immigration process, it can be daunting... but if you don't feel comfortable, tell me you're not comfortable... right? Don't wait till a week before my life is on the line to tell me you're backing out :angry:

So all that week I glanced at the stack of papers I had prepared to file our CR1, and every time I looked at those tax transcripts I thought of jamerican. :( Knowing my husband and I have no chance of getting through the embassy, and having all these papers just sitting there... papers that would give someone that chance... I told myself that if she could not get a co-sponsor, that I would talk to my husband about helping her...

When I got the news that Michael had been turned away, all I could do was remember what it felt like... to wait months and months for that interview day, and to leave disappointed, deflated, and wondering if it will ever happen :( For us, there was nothing anyone could do, but for jamerican there was :yes: How could I possibly look the other way??? :no:

So I called Astley, and I tell him the situation, and I tell him that I want to help her. Of course he agree we should help. He knows all too well what it feels like to be turned away at that embassy in Kingston :(

Jamerican, when Michael called me that night to thank me and tell me he would not let me down, I told him all I care about is that he does not let YOU down. Love each other, with all your talents and your flaws, do your best every day to lift each other up and not tear each other down. It's as simple and as hard as that.

God bless (F)

JAP that is so wonderful and I told my hubby and he asked if I would do the same and I told him yes because no one understands this process and the stress that it puts on you to come so close and have 1 piece of paper to keep you away from your love one it isn't fair I was in the same boat as Jamerican and I ask my family and they all kept sayin it was cosignin and I had to tell them he is not a car or a house you are not buying him. You will be blessed.

CR-1 Visa

California Service Center

Consulate : Jamaica

Marriage (if applicable):

2010-11-03

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-11-09

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-130 Approved : 2011-03-30

NVC Received : 2011-04-08

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2011-04-18

Pay I-864 Bill 2011-04-18

Receive I-864 Package : 2011-04-19

Return Completed I-864 : 2011-04-20

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2011-04-19

Receive IV Bill : 2011-04-29

Pay IV Bill : 2011-05-02

Receive Instruction Package : 2011-06-03

Case Completed at NVC : 2011-04-22

NVC Left : 2011-04-22

Consulate Received : 2011-04-25

Packet 3 Received : 2011-04-29

Packet 3 Sent : 2011-05-04

Packet 4 Received : 2011-05-05

Interview Date : 2011-06-03

Interview Result :

Second Interview

(If Required): 2011-06-21

Second Interview Result: Approved

Visa Received : 2011-06-22

US Entry : 2011-07-04

Timeline

LMAO, I ready whenever you ready remember now I three boys age 7,5,2. and Lord knows me and hubby needs a night out on the town. The other night we tried to do a date night saying that we will do movies and then dinner HA!!! Jokes we was so tired after movies we went home and slept. Laughing at myself sccchuuppps hot mess we were.

Thats okay.. I can do it. Just keep me a bottle of rum cream for after I give them back :rofl:

I agree, Im learning all about that in my special education classes!

Timeline

Morning VJ Family (F)

God bless (F)

:crying: :crying: You are a gift to ALL of us JAP... a Phenonmenal Woman you are!!!! :star:

Edited by MRStee

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:crying: :crying: You are a gift to ALL of us JAP... a Phenonmenal Woman you are!!!! :star:

Ditto Mrs Tee, she sure is Phenonmenal and the words you have expressed today on VJ has been beautiful and touching.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.