MRStee

Yardie Party!!! Come as you are - Part 1

3,253 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I don't even know what to do right now. I am sitting at my desk bawling :crying:

The co-workers soon come back, and I need to pull myself together :help:

The embassy in Kingston does not know their A$$ from a hole in the ground :angry:

They sent my congressman a letter in July stating that Under INA 212(i), a waiver of 212(a)(2)(A)(i)(II) and 212(a)(2)(B) ineligibilities is available only to the spouse, son or daughter of a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident.

THe lawyer said they did not even have the section of the law that pertains to our case right :rolleyes:

He said that even if the embassy made a mistake and accepted a waiver application this time around, when it got to CIS they would see the mistake and deny it based on the fact that there IS NO WAIVER available for 2 charges of possession of Marijuana!!!

My husband paid a TOTAL of aprox. $8.50 US in fines for BOTH CHARGES of the minuscule amount of herb he had in his possession, and for THAT my country will never let him come here to be with his family :protest::ranting::protest:

The US Government can kiss my big white A$$!

and as I type that, I get an e-mail notification subject: Lose yourself in the charm of Jamaica. :rofl:

Don't mind if I DO! :angry:t2402.gif

Filed: Timeline

Lawd JaP mi head a spin...mi ave class tonight but mi need fi link you... I this the final answer so, nothing can be done...the case wasn't adjudicated yet, right? I know I'm asking too much. Mi naw type no more. I'll send you a message tomorrow.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Afternoon All!

Thanks Tee and KJ for the suggestions to occupy my time while hubby is away...time does go by quickly and I know he'll be back before I can blink really good.

Awww all this talk about the babies is exciting! I'm so happy for you all.

You better put it on him Mrs. Tee... Happy Anniversary, Steve.

On another note, we still do not have Den's Greencard in hand. Mind everyone we've been approved since June 16, 2010, but never received the card (all of their doing or not doing I should say) We been calling and they told us the following:

I-90 Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card Initial issuance- processing time as of August 31 could take until January 28, 2010!!! :angry::angry::angry::whistle:

Are you serious? :blink::angry::angry::angry::bonk:

ughhhhhhhhhhhh they get on my nerves!!! :angry:

Timeline

I don't even know what to do right now. I am sitting at my desk bawling :crying:

The embassy in Kingston does not know their A$$ from a hole in the ground :angry:

They sent my congressman a letter in July stating that Under INA 212(i), a waiver of 212(a)(2)(A)(i)(II) and 212(a)(2)(B) ineligibilities is available only to the spouse, son or daughter of a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident.

THe lawyer said they did not even have the section of the law that pertains to our case right :rolleyes:

He said that even if the embassy made a mistake and accepted a waiver application this time around, when it got to CIS they would see the mistake and deny it based on the fact that there IS NO WAIVER available for 2 charges of possession of Marijuana!!!

My husband paid a TOTAL of aprox. $8.50 US in fines for BOTH CHARGES of the minuscule amount of herb he had in his possession, and for THAT my country will never let him come here to be with his family :protest::ranting::protest:

and as I type that, I get an e-mail notification subject: Lose yourself in the charm of Jamaica. :rofl:

HOw fustrating. sorry you are going through this.

AOS

2/14/10- Married My Best Friend

3/15/10- Sent Off Check and AOS DOCs Express Mail

3/29/10 received Biometrics appointment letter for 4/20/10 will walk in on 3/31/10

5/28/10-Advance Parole Received

6/5/10-EAD Received

6/26/10-Greencard received

JmW0m4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Japrincess my heart is hurting for u & my eyes leaking.....so much to b said but don't know what to say! Although it is said our country is the greatest in the world we have just as many flaws. The timing of this info for me is adding insult to injury after watching the elections last night. Sorry to take this somewhere else but I am having a difficult time with our great US of A!

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Timeline

Amen, thats how it happened for me... 22 years at the same place... God is Good!

Good morning everyone.. I haven't been on as much as I'd like to because school is kickin my RASS!!!!

On a happier note: Today makes 1 year that the love of my life arrived on US soil!!!! I love you hubby!!!! (L) I got this cute lil number and some candy dust!!! Wooooooooo hooooooooo sexy party tonight!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Happy Anniversary Steve!!!

the girl thing isnt true my girl gave no trouble pregnancy was smooth but my son was hard and crazy with sickness

I guess it just depends on the person...

Afternoon All!

Thanks Tee and KJ for the suggestions to occupy my time while hubby is away...time does go by quickly and I know he'll be back before I can blink really good.

Awww all this talk about the babies is exciting! I'm so happy for you all.

You better put it on him Mrs. Tee... Happy Anniversary, Steve.

On another note, we still do not have Den's Greencard in hand. Mind everyone we've been approved since June 16, 2010, but never received the card (all of their doing or not doing I should say) We been calling and they told us the following:

I-90 Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card Initial issuance- processing time as of August 31 could take until January 28, 2010!!! :angry::angry::angry::whistle:

Are you serious? :blink::angry::angry::angry::bonk:

Omg, it never freaking ends with uscis confusion. I hope you get it soon!

I tried ginger beer...but it was too sweet for me, so I couldn't drink alot of it w/o feeling sick. I don't know why I thought you were further along KJ...hope the candy and Sea Bands work!

Heeeeyyyy Everybody! :star:

DW--if you don't have Den's greencard yet, what is he travelling with? :unsure:

Hey MrsPalmer, I'm only 9 weeks and 5 days. I got the candy today, it was like Jamaican Scotch bonnet pepper in my mouth, yuck!!

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Timeline

Well Yardies, here's my update :(

I will not be filing another petition...

The immigration attorney said we have no hope for a waiver.

So, I hope ya'll come visit me in when yuh come a yard...

t67122.gif

JAP...I asked on FB...but it's probably better to ask u here. I'm confused. I actually understand the part about the waiver being denied. But you were trying to get the waiver so you could go ahead and get permission to file right? But it doesn't mean that he is completely ineligible for a visa ever (unless I am missing something--and I very well could be). He just can't get one right now. As u remember my husband (fiance at the time)was denied and given a ban for 3 yrs. He was eligible for a visa after that 3 year date. He was granted his visa exactly 6 days after the date he became eligible thanks to tips from some old heads up here! Did they give him an eligibility date on his denial letter?

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline

Danna, I don't have the words to express how sad I am to hear this foolishness. But all I can say is start looking at how you will prepare to make the big move. Think of what kind of job you can get down there, it will never be the life that you live here, it will be even sweeter to be around your husband. Just do it!

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Timeline

Happy Anniversary Steve!!!

I guess it just depends on the person...

Omg, it never freaking ends with uscis confusion. I hope you get it soon!

Hey MrsPalmer, I'm only 9 weeks and 5 days. I got the candy today, it was like Jamaican Scotch bonnet pepper in my mouth, yuck!!

Ewwwww...that sounds gross! Girl that's around the time my all-day sickness was the worse! Did you try the tea? Hope u feel better mama!

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

JaP my heart breaks - What about trying from the other end? There was a member on here who got her husband's record expunged - Lemme go see if I can find the thread,

Yes, I remember that thread well Sus, as I was GLUED to it to find out what happend with Sam & Rasta... the difference is the embassy has the proof of his prior criminal history. We went before the embassy on our K1 visa with 2 prior charges of possession, AND we admitted to those charges on the DS230.

the admission ALONE makes him ineligible for a waiver... Through the JA legal system, he is eligible for expungement May 2013, but that will not change the fact that the embassy already knows his criminal history :(

JAP...I asked on FB...but it's probably better to ask u here. I'm confused. I actually understand the part about the waiver being denied. But you were trying to get the waiver so you could go ahead and get permission to file right? But it doesn't mean that he is completely ineligible for a visa ever (unless I am missing something--and I very well could be). He just can't get one right now. As u remember my husband (fiance at the time)was denied and given a ban for 3 yrs. He was eligible for a visa after that 3 year date. He was granted his visa exactly 6 days after the date he became eligible thanks to tips from some old heads up here! Did they give him an eligibility date on his denial letter?

No Mrs.P our cases are different... We would not file a waiver until AFTER the I-130 was denied anyway... what I did was consult with an immigration attorney to see if we would even qualify for a waiver because EVERYTHING I have read about immigration law says 2 charges for MJ possession CANNOT be waived, and I was right :(

I wanted to find out BEFORE I filed so I did not waste the time and money filing when a waiver could not be obtained...

Danna, I don't have the words to express how sad I am to hear this foolishness. But all I can say is start looking at how you will prepare to make the big move. Think of what kind of job you can get down there, it will never be the life that you live here, it will be even sweeter to be around your husband. Just do it!

Thanks KJ, that is what I am doing... (F)

Timeline

TO clarify for Mrs.P why our cases are different...

Your hubby's denial and ban was based on him needing to be clean for 3 years.

My hubby's denial is based on criminal history for conviction of possession of a controlled substance.

Apparently the way the laws were re-written with the "war on drugs" he would have a better chance getting here had he committed armed robbery :wacko::protest:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well Yardies, here's my update :(

I will not be filing another petition...

The immigration attorney said we have no hope for a waiver.

So, I hope ya'll come visit me in when yuh come a yard...

t67122.gif

oh my why they say that.

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

oh my why they say that.

oh my i read it im so sorry

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.